PDA

View Full Version : Stephon Marbury Done as a Knick

BkOriginalOne
11-01-2008, 01:27 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/10/31/2008-10-31_stephon_marbury_placed_on_inactive_list_.html

I'm sure we all saw this coming. I think they're defiitely going to try to move in the next few weeks. I think some teams would love to have maurbury, to maybe help them make a push or to allow them to clear the books by season's end.
People like to argue that Steph is done, but what I think he needs is a change of scenery and chance to prove hiimself.
I honestly believe that given about 35mpg, he could get something like:
15,6,3, 1.0 steal. I'm not completely believing the idea that he is done. He can still help alot of teams out. The knicks look like their going to need some wing players, and some front court help (considering the apparent non-usefulness of eddu curry)
Where do you guys think he'll go?

People might say the Heat because of their pg issues, but I don't buy that, the heat don't have things they would let go for Steph, especially the kind of guys that D'antoni wants.

I think he would interesting to watch Bibby/Steph split minutes at the point for the Hawks. Steph seems like he could play with those guys.

Theres always the warriors who could use the pg help, and would love to have even more cap space next season to create a playoff team (AL Harrington is unhappy, so thats actually pretty likely)

Maybe the Kings could put together a deal (hey it's some place to play) and cap room is always nice for a team in the rebuilding phases that the Kings are.

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 01:28 PM
We def. don't need Maurbury what we need is a GOOD C

Raidaz4Life
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
I think deep down we all knew this already

BADizzleBoY
11-01-2008, 01:33 PM
sixers! sike

innovator
11-01-2008, 01:35 PM
team that can marbury help and can help marbury return to decentness
-bucks
-nuggets
-magic
-warriors

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
^ nuggets?
A.I Melo Maurbury?
I don't see it working

NYKnickFanatic
11-01-2008, 01:41 PM
Boston.

And Marbury isnt even done as a Knick...yet.

lakers4sho
11-01-2008, 01:42 PM
Magic need a better PG...

NYKnickFanatic
11-01-2008, 01:43 PM
^ nuggets?
A.I Melo Maurbury?
I don't see it working

Rumor has it, that if he is bought out, the NUGGETS and HEAT are interested.

He has worked out a lot with the Nuggets assistant coach during the summer, so its possible.

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 01:49 PM
Rumor has it, that if he is bought out, the NUGGETS and HEAT are interested.

He has worked out a lot with the Nuggets assistant coach during the summer, so its possible.

I don't see the Heat being interested in Maurbury anymore,
I want them to develop Chalmers, and when Livingston gets healthy and we got Banks decent pg
not the Best point guards still pretty decent :)

NYK All the Way
11-01-2008, 01:51 PM
i still can't believe d'antoni won't play marbs...he came into the season in the best shape of his life and is the best PG on our team...if d'antoni's goal really is to make the playoffs this season then he's making a big mistake...we could have used him last night against the sixers

NYKnickFanatic
11-01-2008, 01:59 PM
i still can't believe d'antoni won't play marbs...he came into the season in the best shape of his life and is the best PG on our team...if d'antoni's goal really is to make the playoffs this season then he's making a big mistake...we could have used him last night against the sixers

Yeah, but what can we do? :mad:
I hope they buy him out,
he signs with Boston
and wins a ring.
:D
Then I will laugh at our team!

fishfan79
11-01-2008, 02:04 PM
give you blount for him :P

snoop2327
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Take anyone with an expiring contract just get rid of this piece of ****

jimbobjarree
11-01-2008, 02:51 PM
who's Stephon Maurbury?

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 02:53 PM
who's Stephon Maurbury?

http://unlimited.nba.free.fr/stephon.jpg :cool:

Squad13
11-01-2008, 03:29 PM
give you blount for him :P

It's spelled blunt, and how dank is the fire inside?:smoking::D

Lakersfan2483
11-01-2008, 04:04 PM
http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/basketball/knicks/2008/10/31/2008-10-31_stephon_marbury_placed_on_inactive_list_.html

I'm sure we all saw this coming. I think they're defiitely going to try to move in the next few weeks. I think some teams would love to have maurbury, to maybe help them make a push or to allow them to clear the books by season's end.
People like to argue that Steph is done, but what I think he needs is a change of scenery and chance to prove hiimself.
15,6,3, 1.0 steal. I'm not completely believing the idea that he is done. He can still help alot of teams out. The knicks look like their going to need some wing players, and some front court help (considering the apparent non-usefulness of eddu curry)
Where do you guys think he'll go?

People might say the Heat because of their pg issues, but I don't buy that, the heat don't have things they would let go for Steph, especially the kind of guys that D'antoni wants.

I think he would interesting to watch Bibby/Steph split minutes at the point for the Hawks. Steph seems like he could play with those guys.

Theres always the warriors who could use the pg help, and would love to have even more cap space next season to create a playoff team (AL Harrington is unhappy, so thats actually pretty likely)

Maybe the Kings could put together a deal (hey it's some place to play) and cap room is always nice for a team in the rebuilding phases that the Kings are.

I was surprised to see Marbury put on the inactive list, he definitely will be traded. I don't know what team would be willing to take on such a huge contract, maybe Miami, Orlando, or any other team in need of a point guard.

KmB728
11-01-2008, 04:11 PM
Boston is preety much log jammed with roster spots, but he is friends with KG, who knows maybe they re-unite? i doubt it

Miami makes the most sense for him

or even Orlando

Itown in Cali
11-01-2008, 04:26 PM
Knicks won't trade Marbury unless it is for at least 1 1st round draft pick or a superstar not getting along with his team. in other words - no trade will take place. He'll drop off the books and sign for 5 mil a year next year.

The Knicks don't need more role players with big contracts. Believe it or not, the Knicks have to worry about the cap too!

oshea225
11-01-2008, 05:15 PM
It's spelled blunt, and how dank is the fire inside?:smoking::D

its blount. http://www.nba.com/playerfile/mark_blount/index.html

i hate marbury with a passion. i dont hate a single player in the nba, except him. cant stand him and his bs

jetsfan89
11-01-2008, 05:21 PM
marbury's also an expiring contract. something to keep in mind.

junion
11-01-2008, 05:31 PM
who's Stephon Maurbury?

Go to Steve and Berry's, and he's a celebrity there.

THE_FLASH_21
11-01-2008, 05:49 PM
AK for Marbury..... Marbury can be a number 2

kingkobe
11-01-2008, 05:56 PM
For sure...Marbury still has a lot left in him. I think he can average like 10 points, like 12, 13 dimes, like 2, 3 assists and ummmmmmm about 4, 5 rebounds

if you don't know what I am talking about you are missing out one of the greatest interviews ever.

http://gothamist.com/2007/07/06/can_someone_mak.php

Link has youtube vid and transcript

Lakersfan2483
11-01-2008, 06:24 PM
I don't think Steph is done, I think if he goes to another team, he will be a difference maker. He has a lot to prove nowadays, and I think he would make a significant difference on a team like the Cavs, Heat, or the Magic.

still a fan
11-01-2008, 07:44 PM
No team would trade 22 MIL in contracts worth anything and the Knicks will not take back 22 MIL in bad contracts!!

That said, there are a few teams waiting for his release/buy-out then they will pounce on him for the MLE or vet minimum, he will be eventually one of the biggest steals to the team that picks him up!!

He had a great preseason and can still play and actually appears to have matured a bit, so yea whoever gets him will get a steal!!

but will the Knicks just let him go?? Or will they just let him be inactive??

theimortalone
11-01-2008, 07:52 PM
No one will take his contract. I would think that NYK would just want play him to get his trade value up, but I guess not. Who the hell would actually trade for his 22 mil a year contract anyways?

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
who's Stephon Maurbury?

the guy who is making $21million more than you this year

$KnicksAndKobe$
11-02-2008, 12:04 AM
No one will take his contract. I would think that NYK would just want play him to get his trade value up, but I guess not. Who the hell would actually trade for his 22 mil a year contract anyways?

He is an expiring

29$JerZ
11-02-2008, 12:06 AM
Mike was brought in to raise the value of our players and try to sneak into a 7th or 8th seed.
I'm all for being optimistic but its obvious we aren't playing to win now and are just playing to become respectable in the eyes of other teams.

theimortalone
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
He is an expiring

True, good point.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-02-2008, 01:25 AM
Since they owe us a great favour for ridding them of Randolph i think they should trade with us and get us Lafrentzs hughe expiring and some of their young talent from the third rotation like Rodriguez, Webster and Diougu.

THey need a PG, and well if he doesnt work out at least its 20 million expiring.

Draco
11-02-2008, 01:43 AM
15,6,3, 1.0 steal. I'm not completely believing the idea that he is done. He can still help alot of teams out. The knicks look like their going to need some wing players, and some front court help (considering the apparent non-usefulness of eddu curry).......

I think that's been said about Marbury since his time with Minnesota. I can't tell if Isola is really that dense or if he just wants to see NY something decent in trade.

IndiansFan337
11-02-2008, 02:13 AM
I think Marbury is done..............As a Knick.

It is truly sad that the team has gotten to this point. There is no possible way that he has gotten to the point where he can help this team less than Mardy Collins. This is no knock on Collins, simply a compliment to Marbury.

Marbury could thrive in an offense such as Mike D'Antoni's. Everyone knows this. There's no way Marbury is so bad now that he can't buy minutes in a fast paced offense such as this one. So it seems that the Knicks are benching him intentionally.

Honestly, I'm not sure why. Maybe they're waiting for him to slip up...To lose his temper...But why? Then can they justify cutting him? Why not just do it now? Are they waiting to just trade him? If so, play him & get his value up & the move him later this season!

I think that the Knicks management team is really dropping the ball on this one. There is no positive from what they are doing now. Even if he erupts emotionally somehow, they won't gain back any of his salary. He is better than some of the players that are "ahead of him" on the depth chart. So the Knicks either need to play him & get more wins or trade him & get something for his monstrous expiring contract. Honestly, this guy has one of the top 2-3 expiring contracts in the NBA this season (along with AI), so he has value. I don't care if you're a contender or not. Marbury can still play, and anyone with a $21 million expiring contract is worth acquiring, IMO. Even if you don't want him on your roster, acquire him for others & then release him. Set him free. Don't let the Knicks trap this athlete.

I am not a Marbury fan. I am not a Knicks fan. But I do feel like the Knicks are ending Marbury's career prematurely. I feel bad for the guy, because he's being treated like a piece of trash. I think that the Knicks need to either move on from their relationship with Marbury or play him & allow him to help them win some games. Benching him does them no good whatsoever.

LakerzDQ
11-02-2008, 07:32 AM
I think warriors should get him. they need a pointguard, and I think Marbury can be productive there.

BkOriginalOne
11-02-2008, 09:32 AM
It appears that D'antoni has told Walsh that he wants him to be waived - they want to go in a different direction
Which means, teams can pick him up at with their MLE.
I hope the nuggets don't do anything stupid.
I can see the warrios snagging him, he can be there very very poor man's B diddy.

AtlFANATIC
11-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Marbury is what is totally wrong with basketball......gettin paid $21 Mil this season.....................and he's complaining----stupid punk kid. He needs to play in traffic. His father shoulda pulled out!

JOSETHEALLSTAR
11-02-2008, 03:57 PM
they should just cut him

thrilla11
11-02-2008, 07:27 PM
Steph out of New York
i think that this was in the works for a few years now

#1Mavericksfan
11-02-2008, 07:48 PM
He may be done with the Knicks but he's not done in the NBA...some team the really need a PG or a back up PG is gonna get him and whatever team he goes to he's gonna have alot to prove in the NBA.

Fool
11-02-2008, 09:07 PM
He should just go to Europe where less people think he's a total :censored:

Giants27
11-02-2008, 10:23 PM
He would love to be a Laker,BUT they dont want/need him

EAGLES3658
11-02-2008, 10:52 PM
so they r going to get rid of a future HOF

Lakers4ItAll
11-02-2008, 11:12 PM
I wish they would just let his *** go so he can play somewhere else. He could deff help alot of teams out

Super.
11-02-2008, 11:51 PM
there are several Celtics who like him...Pierce is friends with him adn has talked about reuniting as has KG...get marbury and send make the sucker fish (cassel for anyone who has no idea what im talking about...) a coach

Master Mind
11-03-2008, 03:14 AM
The Heat can use Marbury... Marbury>>>>Quinn, Marbury>>>>Banks, Marbury>Livingston (Only cause SL is not 100% yet), and Chalmers is just a rookie---So I say bring him to the MIA...

NJrockPD
11-03-2008, 03:51 AM
[QUOTE=BkOriginalOne;7180642]Theres always the warriors who could use the pg help, and would love to have even more cap space next season to create a playoff team (AL Harrington is unhappy, so thats actually pretty likely)
QUOTE]

Yeah that seems to work out too well for both teams. Knicks get an athletic big, warriors get a guard to play beside ellis and some cap room in the future. It's a perfect match.

pmmr2113
11-03-2008, 04:02 AM
if he is bought out, he's a laker. book it.

borat
11-03-2008, 05:02 AM
if he is bought out, he's a laker. book it.

Why? I gotta hear this reasoning. :eyebrow:

JayW_1023
11-03-2008, 08:18 AM
Even with Steph and Curry on the pine the Knicks are still erratic chuckers. Against the Bucks they settled too many times for forced shots and didn't make the extra pass. They have been playing the stat-padding game for what? three years? It's going to take some time buying into D'Antoni's system. This team still clearly has too many ego's that should be kept in check.

Guys like Nate Robinson are fun to watch, but I cringe everytime I see players trying to showboat instead of doing the little things that help a team win ballgames.

Faneik
11-03-2008, 08:24 AM
Source: NY Post

"If Marbury is put on waivers soon after tonight's Garden match vs. Milwaukee, he would clear in two days and then be able to sign with another team for the veteran's minimum of $1.2 million.

Denver and Miami, two sources said, have interest."

Full Article (http://www.nypost.com/seven/11022008/sports/knicks/walsh_wants_steph_sitdown_as_exit_looms_136442.htm ?&page=1)

JayW_1023
11-03-2008, 08:30 AM
It's still crazy how people still show interest in Marbury. Talent isn't everything. The guy is jsimply said a knucklehead. He has already said he doesn't care anymore about winning a championship. You want to risk team chemistry to have this guy on your team?

At least Artest, with all his craziness in the past, still plays within the team concept on the floor. On both ends. That can't be said for Steph.