PDA

View Full Version : I need help reviewing a trade....

pd7631
11-01-2008, 01:17 PM
I'm the commish in my league and a trade has been accepted and I'm the one who ultimately decides whether it is fair or not. Here's the trade:

Team A gives Team B Greg Oden for Lou Williams and Boris Diaw

I personally don't believe this is a fair trade because it is a blatent lowball offer for a guy that could be a top 10 fantasy center for two bench players.

But I don't want to be totally biased, so I would loved to here some outside opinions.

Cubs Win
11-01-2008, 03:39 PM
I think you should allow the trade. Although it isnt a totally fair offer, louis williams can score like crazy if someone goes down and diaw proved a few years ago that if he gets minutes that he can be valuable. In addition, Oden is out 2-4 weeks and who knows if he'll get injured again. I've been commish of a few leagues and when it comes to vetoing a trade, I usually pass it no matter what. As long as the teams aren't conspiring to load up one team with great players and then split the pot or if its just blatantly a bad trade. ex:Kobe for Hinrich or something like that

AirJordanXVIII
11-03-2008, 12:52 AM
Its not really that fair, but let it go. On a scale of how bad it is it is only like a 2-3...

I've seen much worse.. Plus Oden is out so it shouldnt be that bad..

Boozerguy47
11-03-2008, 01:32 AM
I agree you have to allow it. Oden is hurt right now too, and you never know, he might end up only playing 20 games this year...

LD V2.0
11-04-2008, 09:44 PM
I'm the commish in my league and a trade has been accepted and I'm the one who ultimately decides whether it is fair or not. Here's the trade:

Team A gives Team B Greg Oden for Lou Williams and Boris Diaw

I personally don't believe this is a fair trade because it is a blatent lowball offer for a guy that could be a top 10 fantasy center for two bench players.

But I don't want to be totally biased, so I would loved to here some outside opinions.

Let it go. Oden's upside is huge. He may be damaged goods but for now, until we know more, its a fair deal.