PDA

View Full Version : magic starting off slow is it cobwebs or what?

mightymouse407
10-31-2008, 11:28 PM
Ok so I was just excited as everyone else to see the magic after the way we played last year, but these 2games have been disappointing. We arent getting the ball to Dwight like we should be and we are playing sloppy basketball.The hawks game we started off slow and couldnt recover, but the grizzlies game we fell back into our old ways of getting to comfortable with a big lead.Jameer hasnt looked that good and thats hard to say because im a big supporter of him but hes not getting the job done.Rashard has stepped up a little bit and you can see hes getting comfortable with the team. Im kind of questioning Stans coaching when he let Bogans guard Rudy Gay instead of Pietrus who is known for his defense i know he had 5 fouls in that game but with 2.1seconds left who would you want guarding Gay? I think we should give it until the 15th game and if we are under .500 we need to make a trade what do yall think?

MAC10TIZZY
11-01-2008, 09:44 AM
:mad:....well put mightymouse, and i agree totally!!!!!!!!! i am such a sore (magic)loser. the first game of the year, i made that dredid mistake of texting all my magic and non magic fans *go magic*, so lets just say that at all the wrong times yesterday someone was calling me reminding me how bad they have been playing...towards the end of the game, it seemed as if i was yelling at vangundy at the top of my lungs as to why, WHY, we went out and spent so much money on pietrus(for defense) and we didnt even have him in... so what he had five fouls , you are allowed 6, and we needed him with less then a min left....vangundy also did that the other day with joe johnson, WTF...oh and one more thing, poor j.j., yeah he hasn't had the best two games but vangundy keeps f'ing with him. he will put him in the rotation the first half but then wont play him again til next game....:mad:

sNaKeS
11-02-2008, 01:45 AM
mightymouse407 you got your wish, dwight got the ball 14 times and scored on 11 of them and he went 7 for 12 from the charity stripe. I think van gundy heard you or read your message cause it worked :). Pietrus is looking like an absolute STEAL this offseason, aside from the memphis game, 20 points against the hawks and kings. Oh yea and Dwight Howard stats for the first three games: 22 and 15 against the hawks, 14 and 14 against the grizzlies, and 29 and 14 against the kings, and 13 blocks total through three games. I know its early, but mvp already?

MAC10TIZZY
11-02-2008, 03:38 PM
how do you spell mvp you ask? d.w.i.g.h.t...h.o.w.a.r.d!!!!!!
but more importantly is when dwight is happy , so is the rest of the team(because we are winning) that is why i pick dirty dozen as our mvp

go magic!!!...+

mightymouse407
11-02-2008, 08:57 PM
mightymouse407 you got your wish, dwight got the ball 14 times and scored on 11 of them and he went 7 for 12 from the charity stripe. I think van gundy heard you or read your message cause it worked :). Pietrus is looking like an absolute STEAL this offseason, aside from the memphis game, 20 points against the hawks and kings. Oh yea and Dwight Howard stats for the first three games: 22 and 15 against the hawks, 14 and 14 against the grizzlies, and 29 and 14 against the kings, and 13 blocks total through three games. I know its early, but mvp already?

yea i got my wish now we have to keep it up and feed Dwight that rock, that was the 1st game we scored a 100pts in 85 against the hawks and 86 against the grizzles. We looked great in preseason and i thought it would transend into the regular season but we are starting to get it together nelson looked good against the kings. and if we can get Dwight his touches he should be in the top 3 of the MVP race i dont know that he will win it because of great clutch players like Kobe and LeBron who do so much for there team when it counts not saying that Dwight doesnt do anything for us in a clutch role but they get a chance at it every game where hes limited when he gets a chance to win a game for us

sNaKeS
11-03-2008, 01:35 AM
HAHA damn straight, I think they may have FINALLY gotten dwight's offensive game to click this year. It's his 5th year in the league, could have potentially been his 1st year if he went his entire college years, and it just looks and feels like he's coming together offensively and defensively. Also with those teams, thats all they have is lebron and kobe, the magic don't have that kind of player obviously, but they have much better good players than the cavs and lakers. I'd take Dwight, Rashard, and Hedo over Kobe, Bynum, and Gasol anyday.

NYCkid12
11-06-2008, 04:26 PM
I dont know about taking dwight, shard, and hedo over kobe, bynum, and gasol but our big three are definitely are among the top in the league...but heres an idea I was thinking about...why dont we put battie in our starting lineup at the 4 and move shard to the 3...and we could move turkoglu to b r 6th man...this would improve our bench and would help dwight on the boards

sNaKeS
11-06-2008, 05:23 PM
Yea I think I was a little overzealous there, and my dad's a laker fan so I of course have to rat on them. But with the playing time battie has had, he hasn't done anything with it. Then again I haven't seen orlando play on television (which will change tonight when we slaughter philly) so I don't really have too much insight on battie's play right now but I really haven't been impressed with him.

NYCkid12
11-06-2008, 07:53 PM
Yea I forked out over 100 bucks to buy the nba league pass so I could watch all the games....but ya your right Battie hasn't done too much but he'll get help dwight on the boards

sNaKeS
11-06-2008, 08:31 PM
Yea I forked out over 100 bucks to buy the nba league pass so I could watch all the games....but ya your right Battie hasn't done too much but he'll get help dwight on the boards

I was contemplating getting the package but i'm still in college and it would be a drag to drive an hour out of my way to go home and watch 1 game of basketball. I will get it next year though after I graduate. But back to the team, thats all we need him to do is grab boards and be a defensive presence, nothing special. I wonder if the injury is still bothering him?