PDA

View Full Version : Greg Oden

Raps18-19 Champ
10-31-2008, 06:54 PM
Technically, this should have been his sophomore year but he missed all of last season.

Since he came in the league, He has missed 83 games and only played the first half of one game.

I know it might be a little early to say this but IMO i think he wont do good in his NBA career.

Hes been injured for a whole season and now hes gonna miss about 2+ weeks because of the injury against Lakers

And hes only played 1 game so far

Damn at least Shaq can play 60+ games this season

Do you think he'll last in the league and live up to the hype?

Preuss-is-right
10-31-2008, 10:51 PM
Oden Schmoden

Afridi786
10-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Olden!

LAKERS 24/7
10-31-2008, 11:25 PM
Greg injureden

Sox Appeal
10-31-2008, 11:42 PM
Technically, this should have been his sophomore year but he missed all of last season.

Since he came in the league, He has missed 83 games and only played the first half of one game.

I know it might be a little early to say this but IMO i think he wont do good in his NBA career.

Hes been injured for a whole season and now hes gonna miss about 2+ weeks because of the injury against Lakers

And hes only played 1 game so far

Damn at least Shaq can play 60+ games this season

Do you think he'll last in the league and live up to the hype?

The injury he suffered against the Lakers was a complete freak injury. He stepped on Derrick Fishers foot, and he messed up his ankle, it could happen to anybody.

But yes, I do believe Oden will end up living up to the hype that surrounds him. If you look at the 13 minutes he played (He still played the majority of the 2nd quarter after messing up his ankle) he was a complete force defensively. He played terrific post defense on Andrew Bynum, he blocked a shot, and he also did a good job of rebounding the basketball. And those are the 3 main things the Blazers will be expecting him to do. There's no question though, Oden looked putrid on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure his offensive struggles though are mainly due to rost, and the more he get's settled in, the more he'll continue to improve.

ARMIN12NBA
10-31-2008, 11:55 PM
The injury he suffered against the Lakers was a complete freak injury. He stepped on Derrick Fishers foot, and he messed up his ankle, it could happen to anybody.

But yes, I do believe Oden will end up living up to the hype that surrounds him. If you look at the 13 minutes he played (He still played the majority of the 2nd quarter after messing up his ankle) he was a complete force defensively. He played terrific post defense on Andrew Bynum, he blocked a shot, and he also did a good job of rebounding the basketball. And those are the 3 main things the Blazers will be expecting him to do. There's no question though, Oden looked putrid on the offensive side of the ball. I'm sure his offensive struggles though are mainly due to rost, and the more he get's settled in, the more he'll continue to improve.

:laugh2: It's funny how Andrew Bynum has only had one injury in his entire career and it was because he stepped on Lamar Odoms foot...yet people call him overrated and injury-prone in this NBA forum...

While Oden, who has already had problems with his wrist and he has had microfracture knee surgery and has also had a problem with one leg being longer than the other, people are saying that this is only a "freak accident."

Makes no sense.

GregOden#1
11-01-2008, 12:36 AM
:laugh2: It's funny how Andrew Bynum has only had one injury in his entire career and it was because he stepped on Lamar Odoms foot...yet people call him overrated and injury-prone in this NBA forum...

While Oden, who has already had problems with his wrist and he has had microfracture knee surgery and has also had a problem with one leg being longer than the other, people are saying that this is only a "freak accident."

Makes no sense.

Bynum's had what, 3 knee surgeries already? Those arent freak injuries.

I dont call Bynum injury prone, but calling Oden one is much more illogical.

ARMIN12NBA
11-01-2008, 12:43 AM
Bynum's had what, 3 knee surgeries already? Those arent freak injuries.

I dont call Bynum injury prone, but calling Oden one is much more illogical.

Why is Bynum stepping on Odom's foot any different than Oden stepping on Fisher's foot?

GregOden#1
11-01-2008, 01:17 AM
I never said it was. I said 3 knee surguries is alot better of an indicator that someone is injury prone than a person whose had 3 completely unrelated injuries.

EddieB
11-01-2008, 01:54 AM
He can be a force on the defense as of right now, and develop an offensive game, but he needs to stay healthy