PDA

View Full Version : Morris Almond

rainmanegbert2
10-31-2008, 06:20 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=AlmUyV3l_5GW1xsW58xq_QOP0bYF?slug=txjazz almond&prov=st&type=lgns

Jazz declined to pickup his option for next year. I have mixed feelings about the jazz probably not going to keep him. He can score like crazy, but i guess he just doesnt compete with the other 2s and 3s in practice.

Also, it says were trying to trade him too. I think we need to either package him with harpring and collins or fez for a big man like camby or just a 1-1 swap and a 2nd rounder for sean willams, because the nets are trying to trade him and are trying to get a g-f for him. Williams plays great d down in the post. We would be so sick with him millsap and ak coming off the bench :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXFv8weO4Ao&feature=related

jimbobjarree
10-31-2008, 10:54 PM
I dont get it, if we picked up his option wouldnt he be easier to trade as he would be cheap next year for whoever he went to.

its a shame he never worked out, but like all our other failed 2 guards he will probably ending up starting somewhere

sportsnutzz
11-01-2008, 01:29 AM
He has never really shown he can score at the NBA level, and his D is horrible. I am sure he will play somewhere and be "ok" but I agree with this move.

futureman
11-01-2008, 09:57 AM
It's foolish to think we could get campy for almond and fess. At this point I don't know if they have any trade value at all.
We need a bench player that sloan would actually allow to come off the bench.

sportsnutzz
11-01-2008, 12:46 PM
It's foolish to think we could get campy for almond and fess. At this point I don't know if they have any trade value at all.
We need a bench player that sloan would actually allow to come off the bench.

I agree

We need someone who can help on D bad, we have no problem scoring. That is the one thing that worries me about this team. If boozer or memo played hard D we would win it all no problem.

jimbobjarree
11-01-2008, 02:08 PM
yeah the rotation on wednesday at the big man postions was Booz/Memo/Millsap....we need another player in that rotation or we are going to struggle...and no not jarron collins, a half decent player at least

rainmanegbert2
11-01-2008, 04:01 PM
ya i really didnt think we had a shot at camby.

thats why i included the trade for him to the nets. if we traded almond + a pick or another player for sean williams then he would be a big lift off the bench for us over a guy like collins.

THE_FLASH_21
11-01-2008, 06:08 PM
We're making a big mistake!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

kurtismurray
11-02-2008, 06:46 AM
We're making a big mistake!!!! :( :( :( :( :(

I completely agree. Morris Almond has not been given an opportunity at ALL. Obviously the D-League is no NBA. But he is a proven scorer, capable of catching fire for 40 or 50 points. Defense will come and even Sloan has admitted it has gotten better. Let him develop and I know come off-season the Jazz will regret this move. Morris Almond IMO has a chance to become an all-star and a scoring machine.

shimoney
11-02-2008, 12:23 PM
I completely agree. Morris Almond has not been given an opportunity at ALL. Obviously the D-League is no NBA. But he is a proven scorer, capable of catching fire for 40 or 50 points. Defense will come and even Sloan has admitted it has gotten better. Let him develop and I know come off-season the Jazz will regret this move. Morris Almond IMO has a chance to become an all-star and a scoring machine.

Explain to us how morris almond is supposed to be "given" the opportunity? You would rather have morris almond out there instead of Ronnie B or Korver? There is no room for him on this team, I would rather have ronnie price playing the 2 rather than Morris Almond. And we really dont have the time to experiment with almond seeing that if boozer isnt true to his word and signs somewhere else, we are going to have a tough time bring deron back when his contracts up. Our time is now, we cant wait on someone to develop (we are already pushing it with CJ).

rainmanegbert2
11-02-2008, 05:07 PM
cj is REALLY struggling!! almond did come in last night and have a fastbreak layup blocked by the backboard like miles did earlier in the game haha they both were so ugly!!! almond did have 2 sweet shots though, unlike miles who couldnt make a jump shot in his 13 minutes. i do agree though i would rather have price play sg and move korver or brewer up to sf so we dont have to play miles or almond lol we might as well let almond start a few games instead of cj cause cj isnt doing ANYTHING!!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
11-02-2008, 05:15 PM
yeah he'll blow up if he leaves. But thats ok. And no way will you guys get Camby AND someone else for Almond... and as much as I like CJ Miles, he's not that good either.

sportsnutzz
11-02-2008, 11:52 PM
Almond can blow up somewhere else that is fine. Also anyone else think it is time for CJ to sit and Korver to start?

shimoney
11-04-2008, 12:40 PM
cj is REALLY struggling!! almond did come in last night and have a fastbreak layup blocked by the backboard like miles did earlier in the game haha they both were so ugly!!! almond did have 2 sweet shots though, unlike miles who couldnt make a jump shot in his 13 minutes. i do agree though i would rather have price play sg and move korver or brewer up to sf so we dont have to play miles or almond lol we might as well let almond start a few games instead of cj cause cj isnt doing ANYTHING!!

Notice this. Every time Almond touches the ball he shoots it, he is the biggest black hole i have ever seen. Did you notice when he was on that fastbreak and shot a layup underneath the basket, he dribbled it right down the middle of the court and dooshed it. All he had to do was give price, who was right next to him, a little bounce pass and it was going to be and easy 2. He reminds me of a high school kid that has to see his name in the paper, he is going to do whatever it takes to get points under his name. You do also have to realize almond's shots were wide open because who was defending?? the practice squad??

futureman
11-04-2008, 02:12 PM
As much as I like AK coming off the bench and how he has found his role on the team. I think this helps his trade value and if the right deal comes along before the trade deadline we should take it. we can include almond, fes and the 2 foreigners. they all have expiring or no contracts which is their only value at this point. But we are making the right decision by letting almond go I think.

jimbobjarree
11-04-2008, 02:33 PM
Almond can blow up somewhere else that is fine. Also anyone else think it is time for CJ to sit and Korver to start?

I dont know, will Korv be as successful starting the game, at at sf?

I think his role is pretty perfect for him right now, maybe a few more minutes wouldn't hurt.

as for CJ, I expect hes just getting used to it all, it must be harder for a shooter to get used to it all than a slasher like Brewer last year