PDA

View Full Version : Game 2: Nuggets @ Clippers, 10/31, 10:30pmET

DenButsu
10-31-2008, 10:13 AM
http://media.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/content/img/photos/2008/10/31/Nugs_t600.jpg

Sorry for no proper game thread. I'm close to nauseous right now - I just spent over 2 hours designing and refining the new template I was going to use for the game threads this season, and my computer crashed and I lost all the work I'd done. Uggghhhh.

Damn it. :laugh2:

Anyways, no Melo, No Camby, game on. I'm not going to have time to make a proper game thread now, so if you guys want to provide any updates about injuries, link to previews or articles, talk about key matchups, etc., the ball's in your court.

Hopefully I can reconstruct the work I did before and get it back together. Looking ahead to the weekend, too, I won't be able to do one up for the Lakers game, either. Going to a concert tomorrow night, and I've got my own live music deal the next day, so I'm all tied up. I'm going to ask X Notorious, who was kind enough to offer to share his Lakers game thread, to post a duplicate of it in here.

Uh, go Nuggets. :cheers:

avsman05
10-31-2008, 05:45 PM
Heres a couple updates on Nene and Lin Lin

Nuggets center Nene sprained the pinkie finger on his right (shooting) hand in the season opener on Wednesday, but is probable to play Friday night.

Nene scored 11 points with four rebounds and fouled out in the final minute against Utah. As long as Nene is healthy, he's going to rack up a lot of minutes at center for the Nuggets, so ride him for as long as you can.

Linas Kleiza, who was just 1-of-8 for four points in the opener, is slated to start again on Friday in place of suspended Carmelo Anthony.

If you picked Kleiza up and put him in your lineup this week, you've got one more shot at redemption before Melo returns to action Saturday against the Lakers.

Source: rotoworld.com

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 07:53 PM
Heres a couple updates on Nene and Lin Lin

Source: rotoworld.com

^^^Are you ****in serious???? Got dammit NENE, a ****ing PINKY FINGER!!

DJiC
10-31-2008, 09:12 PM
honostly hes a pansy we shouldve gotten rid of him....hes ALWAYS hurt whether its his pinky his hair line etc....well it wouldnt matter bdiddy's going to torch them tonight but hopefully we can torch them with jr/ai/kleiza/martin

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 09:46 PM
I think we should be fine, AC is gonna have to step up and play really good D tonight, or maybe AI will guard Bdiddy, idk, one of them better play great D,

heck the whole team has to play good D, show us they can do it

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 09:51 PM
I think we should be fine, AC is gonna have to step up and play really good D tonight, or maybe AI will guard Bdiddy, idk, one of them better play great D,

heck the whole team has to play good D, show us they can do it

Is it me, or is Balkman always touching the ball on defense when he's onm the floor......From the outdoor game we played against Phoenix to the Utah game, Balkman has always got steals, and made players miss shots.....I hope Balkman is healthy enough to get more minutes, because I def wanna see him back up Kleiza tonight, not Jones!!!

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 10:24 PM
I'm watchin the pregame show, and they are interviewing JR SMITH, and I see Camby in the background, messin around with the nugget players....It makes me feel kinda BLAH, because I know Camby loved it here in Denver, but it's nice to see that he still connects with the nuggets.....He jokin with them, even looked like he shot the ball with them...HAHAHA....But word tho.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 10:43 PM
Tip off.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 10:48 PM
12-4....Nene is showing how valuable he can be when he isn;t neutralized by injuries.....Defense is holdin up.....We playin together. Lookin okay so far.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 10:50 PM
b e a utiful, i should kept nene in fantasy, dang, he has what j. oneil had all night already, lol

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 10:52 PM
top 3 most boring courts to watch a game on, Clippers, Spurs, Pistons

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 10:55 PM
Come the **** on.....Missed rebounds, A carter doing stupid ****.....Just give tjhe ball to NENE the rest of the period.....K-Mart need to stop gettin nervous...there wass still 5 seconds on the shotclock and he just threw it up....Same **** he did in the last seconds of the UTAH game.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 10:56 PM
Dammit...Nene bein too aggresive, 2nd time in a row that he has to sit down early for too many fouls...It's going to take time, but duke NEEDS DISCIPLINE.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 10:57 PM
hes just big, lol

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 10:59 PM
lets go smith

C-Dub
omg, play D!

SUNDUNDIDIT
hes just big, lol

Word...Ol sasquatch lookin mu****a....Oden looks like sasquatch, nene is built like big foot.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:00 PM
WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

we play awesome and then we crap out

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:00 PM
Shaking my head.....Los Angeles is lookin like ****, and we lookin like vomit mixed with ****....We should already be blowin this game out, we playin ridiculous righ now...Come the **** on.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:01 PM
haha, bigfoot with beady hair

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:02 PM
im thinking we are gonna have to bring the pain now, show them that we were just getting their hopes up to make them feel good, now they are gonna get an all time low

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:03 PM
Just like the UTAH game...gettin OUT-REBOUND....WTF...Get Balkman out there now!!! :cool:

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:04 PM
nice no call on AI

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:05 PM
Juwons out there now...I remember, when ****** was talkin about he was gonna be a superstar years ago....I hope theres some of that fuel left in him.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:06 PM
Man Dahntay better do some things, or else i'm going on a tirade.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:07 PM
make a *****n basket!

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:09 PM
rather suckish 1st quarter, AI with nothin, kmart with bad shots, Kleiza with a stupid no problem basket miss, no defense, and a lot of turnovers

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 11:10 PM
im taking a break, ill be back in the 4th

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:11 PM
1st quarter synopsis...

BULL $#IT......The f&^k man???I pick defense over offense at this point, and Dahntay mightve scored, but I rather seE balkman out there....Come to your senses KARL.......Balkman may not be 100%, but he still gets more done then Jones......A.I. still goin to the basket and passin at the last second, F%^K THAT....J.R. was open from 3 point range TWICE from what I saw...

If we have any hope of bein a playoff team, we can't be losin to a team like the clippers...**** NO.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:14 PM
**** DAHNTAY...He's garbage. He sets our team back IMO....tERRIBLE first start to the 2nd quarter.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:16 PM
NENE back in.....DONT FOUL MU****A.

Juwon playin hard...And A.I. is missin freethrows.

10-31-2008, 11:18 PM
WTF.. Why do we suck balls at rebounds. How the fack are we lettin them get so many offensive rebounds.. Just give it to J.R SMITH for the 3, and take jones off

Khoward85
10-31-2008, 11:55 PM
Wow. I didnt even read whatever post this is. I just cant believe how terrible this team is. No1 wants to play defense. I haven't played organized basketball since 8th grade and i see these plays developing. this is unbelievable. Please god fire George Karl. Get some1 in there that can actually spark the team. No1 listens to him because hes a bum. please. This is pathetic. Yah, we don't have melo, but they lost BD in the beginning of the 2nd qtr. I can't believe I got league pass to watch the worst defense in the league. Good job George. Enjoy this year while you can.

-Nuggets are pathetic.

eman
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
Let the George Karl watch officially begin!!

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 11:57 PM
See what I mean.......When we focus on one thing, we become WORSE at another....We focus on defense, now we can;t rebound for ****....We focus on outside shooting, now we can;t defend for ****. Shakin my head.

SlowMo
11-01-2008, 12:00 AM
Ok, this is pissing me off. And as a result I'm drinking more beers than I planned to.

Kleiza is playing like a total scrub. The guy is negotiating (or did we already sign?) a 24 mil contract and he is 2 for 16 last night and tonight, and has no defensive awarness at all!? C'mon. If Karl would bench smith most of last seasons early games, Kleiza needs a good benching right now.

Plus, why is Smith not in more and getting more shots and drives. He's no more turnover prone than AC or Kleiza or Dahntay Jones... This is driving me crazy. And the refs... are you kidding me!? Alright, this is going to be a long drunken night of frustration if three things don't happen: 1) Kleiza stops trying this stupid turn around one handed fades in the lane and starts shooting the 3-ball, 2) JR smith becomes our focal point on offense, and 3) The refs stop calling BS calls against Nene and KMart

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 12:05 AM
Ok, this is pissing me off. And as a result I'm drinking more beers than I planned to.

Kleiza is playing like a total scrub. The guy is negotiating (or did we already sign?) a 24 mil contract and he is 2 for 16 last night and tonight, and has no defensive awarness at all!? C'mon. If Karl would bench smith most of last seasons early games, Kleiza needs a good benching right now.

Plus, why is Smith not in more and getting more shots and drives. He's no more turnover prone than AC or Kleiza or Dahntay Jones... This is driving me crazy. And the refs... are you kidding me!? Alright, this is going to be a long drunken night of frustration if three things don't happen: 1) Kleiza stops trying this stupid turn around one handed fades in the lane and starts shooting the 3-ball, 2) JR smith becomes our focal point on offense, and 3) The refs stop calling BS calls against Nene and KMart

Yo word is bond...I'm drownin in heinekens righ now..And i plan on buyin another 12 pack...I wish I was still smokin bud......KLEIZA is playin like a f%^k boy.....Overall I regret not tradin his @$$ for Artest, he completely fell off afterwards.......Dahntay Jones is wack, I dont see nothin special. I mean wow.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 12:06 AM
By the way...F^&K givin Kleiza an extension...He's a NO-"BODY" like an anorexic.

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 12:12 AM
im glad im not the only one mad about his extension, i cant stand the guy, hes worthless and got lucky last season agaist utah

SlowMo
11-01-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm downin a number of IPAs... But I only got one left, so Jagr is comin up next. Kleiza should only be on option in the transition game and for 3s. none of this other ****. and he's the WORST defender on the team!

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 12:17 AM
nice of you to join AI! bought time!

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 12:17 AM
trade kleiza, hunter, atkins for someone, i hate kleiza, hes like 30 lbs over weight too

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 12:23 AM
Wow....What a way to prove the critics right...And I was really thinkin nuggets were gonna be a playoff contendin team....Clippers suck, and we losin to them.

Do we really need Carmello that bad????

SlowMo
11-01-2008, 12:24 AM
trade kleiza, hunter, atkins for someone, i hate kleiza, hes like 30 lbs over weight too

Agreed. Kleiza is a total scrub. That contract he got is better than JR Smith's! Does anyone think Keliza is more valuble than JR??? (other than George Karl?) But Karl loves the scrubs.

SlowMo
11-01-2008, 12:32 AM
By the way. Nene is a bad *** when he's on the court. Just gotta keep that man healty, keep AI interested, Keep Melo out of trouble, Keep K-Mart healthy, get the ball to Smith and the nuggs are a contender.

****ing Nuggs. Our name makes me think of chicken nuggets from McDonalds, These players need to change that.

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:17 AM
kmart for 3!

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:18 AM
dude, wake up ppl!

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:19 AM
i am going to have a whole room in my house (when i have one) dedicated to an AI sanctuary, he is the man!

oh, and i am serious about that sanctuary thing

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 01:19 AM
8 point lead with 52...It has to be 0.00 on the socreboard for me to say anything C-Dub.

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:20 AM
nice beginning, nice end, all the other stuff sucked, good thing melo is coming back, and mabe karl should paly balkman next time and not kleiza, guarentee he'll have more points, rebounds and blocks/steals. kleiza sucks, he aint worth nothing, no matter how big a game he might have this season for us, i still hate him

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:21 AM
haha, well, 10 point lead with 30 sec, and nene fouls out, he had an awesome game

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:23 AM
AC with a good game too, personally i do wish we had a better PG, but he is really good for us i think, we dont need a flashy pg we just need an average one and he is that

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:24 AM
and our 1st win, yay

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:25 AM
kmarts 3 shot actually looked like a real shot, not a girly shot like shawn marions

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 01:25 AM
nice beginning, nice end, all the other stuff sucked, good thing melo is coming back, and mabe karl should paly balkman next time and not kleiza, guarentee he'll have more points, rebounds and blocks/steals. kleiza sucks, he aint worth nothing, no matter how big a game he might have this season for us, i still hate him

A.I. showed what he's really about.....The character he showed, proves he;s one of the greatest....Fa reals.....If we woulda had Mello, it woulda not of been this close....*Whew*, that game had my heart beating...We can;t lose to no Clippers........Tomorrow nights the lakers, thats the main game. Lets get it!!

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 01:28 AM
o god, we gotta pound on them, nene-kmart-melo-ai-smith, nonstop scoring and nonstop d. melo gonna have a great first game, ai will outscore kobe, smith will get close to kobe and nene will dominate gasol, thats all thats to it

my heart was pounding so hard i had to sit up instead of laying on my stomach, it was that bad, i must have just been a little nervous

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 01:32 AM
My question is, why wasn;yt balkman played???? After all the promise he showed in the UTAH game, Karl didn;t play him...And he is def, "IMO", our best defender....Teams rarely score when he;s on the court...WE NEED BALKMAN FOR THE LAKERS KARL...Don't *** up. We need Balkman. Defense,Rebounding,DEFENSE.....We can beat the lakers, it just takes the right discipline got damit.

SUNDUNDIDIT
11-01-2008, 01:33 AM
oh yeah....I can't wait to see MELLO baby....Word to that......We need MELLO.

IBleedPurple
11-01-2008, 01:44 AM
Wow. I didnt even read whatever post this is. I just cant believe how terrible this team is. No1 wants to play defense. I haven't played organized basketball since 8th grade and i see these plays developing. this is unbelievable. Please god fire George Karl. Get some1 in there that can actually spark the team. No1 listens to him because hes a bum. please. This is pathetic. Yah, we don't have melo, but they lost BD in the beginning of the 2nd qtr. I can't believe I got league pass to watch the worst defense in the league. Good job George. Enjoy this year while you can.

-Nuggets are pathetic.

Spoke a little too soon.....When we actually give effort, we can beat almost anyone. Nice comeback, but terrible first half.

Dahntay Jones really impressed me tonight. And I don't think Kleiza sucks, he is just a talented role player, and not a superstar like we would all like. That happens a lot with euro-type players.

Hope Balkman is good to play tomorrow night on Kobe.

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 11:02 AM
smith is just a role player too, buthe gives effort, stays fit, and works on his game in the summer. kleiza has a couple good games in the olympics and then sits and eats patato chips the rest of it

SlowMo
11-01-2008, 11:36 AM
Damn that was an awsome finish to the game. AI was his usual bad *** self. Smith and Nene carried us until AI got into the game. Good work Nuggs!

And Yeah, why wasn't Balkman activated? We just extended his contract, he's got those long arms... maybe Karl wanted to save his energy so he could focus on Kobe tonight :shrug:

Oh, this was great. Since I watch it on NBA League Pass, I had to listen to clippers announcers for the game. And about half way through the third quarter there was a segment where one of the announcers picked his favorite five clippers that had the best bodies. It was hilarious, "And wow, Corey Maggette, that man had one of the best basketball bodies I've seen, look at those arms."

I guess I should've expected it from LA.

DenButsu
11-01-2008, 12:05 PM
Nice comeback win! :clap:

Take a look at the AI photo in the top post. Thanks for suffering my crappy game thread everyone. :cool:

I'm probably out tomorrow, so once again, I'll just say... Go Nuggets!

Nugget Tony
11-01-2008, 01:16 PM
Saw the 4th and OT........Trick or Treating.....Kids come first.....

Anyways...what a comeback huh...I listened to parts of the game in the car and it sounded like we just stunk in that 1st half.....

Nene is the real deal.....

avsman05
11-01-2008, 05:02 PM
Saw the 4th and OT........Trick or Treating.....Kids come first.....

Anyways...what a comeback huh...I listened to parts of the game in the car and it sounded like we just stunk in that 1st half.....

Nene is the real deal.....

It was primarily the end of the first and the second they had a really quick start and then blew their momentum.