PDA

View Full Version : How would you like this?

Hellcrooner
10-31-2008, 05:02 AM
Ok in soccer there is a World CLub cup every years.

The African cahmpions , Asian Champions, North americans champions and OCeanisas Champions play a previous rounds.
then the two winers Join Europe CHampions league Champions and libertadores southamerica cup champions in a weekend tourney

they play semifinals and finals, one game lost ine game out like in march madness.

How would you like taht in February The week after all star the Nba Champion , The Euroleague Champion, the SOuth america Champion and the winner of a previous round between Africas, Asias and Oceanias champion held a similar competition to name the REAL World CHampion of basketball?

kingkobe
10-31-2008, 10:11 AM
Don't they have some sort of competition like that every 2 years in the summer? Like FIBA WC and Olympics?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA

Maybe we can have this once every summer...like a 1 week long playoffs between all the champs.

I don't think it'll fit well after the all-stars in the middle of the NBA season. It'll distract players from the NBA.

SteveNash
10-31-2008, 10:55 AM
Don't they have some sort of competition like that every 2 years in the summer? Like FIBA WC and Olympics?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/FIBA

Maybe we can have this once every summer...like a 1 week long playoffs between all the champs.

I don't think it'll fit well after the all-stars in the middle of the NBA season. It'll distract players from the NBA.

He's talking about teams not countries.

And no, there would be no point. There really wasn't a team better than Boston last year. It wouldn't even be close against other leagues.

kingkobe
10-31-2008, 11:29 AM
He's talking about teams not countries.

And no, there would be no point. There really wasn't a team better than Boston last year. It wouldn't even be close against other leagues.

Ah I see.

Actually that might be an interesting idea. I would actually like to see how a proper NBA team plays against the so called "team-playing" Euro League teams. The Dream team always has troubles because they don't play together as much as other teams. So I'd like to see how Boston would fair against them.

$ NyC $
10-31-2008, 11:30 AM
We would kill every1. Useless. Just wait 4 the olympics or those FIBA games or w.e

Hellcrooner
10-31-2008, 01:19 PM
At first nba teams should win, but as years go by euros would cathc up and eventually win.