PDA

View Full Version : If JO stays healthy .... IF he does, how good will Toronto be?

JordansBulls
10-30-2008, 11:27 PM
If Jermaine O'neal stays healthy .... IF he does, how good will Toronto be?

Would they be better than Cleveland? Orlando? Philadelphia (just won in Philly)?

OY!
10-30-2008, 11:29 PM

Would they be better than Cleveland? Orlando? Philadelphia (just won in Philly)?

better then philly, yes. better then the cavs, yes. better then orlando? not so sure. i still see orlando as the number 3 team in the east. but i can see the rapters as a top 5 team in the east.

cmstophe
10-30-2008, 11:34 PM
Does it matter? You're talking about on paper? They'd be "better" than Philly and Cleveland and maybe even Orlando on paper, yet I still see them losing to Cleveland or Orlando in a playoff series. Everyone likes to say they're better than Cleveland, they're the "hot team" that whenever a trade is made in the East, that team claims they're suddenly better than them yet they still get punked in the playoffs because of Lebron James and the gritty playoff-style of basketball the Cavs play. As for Orlando, theyre just flat out better.

TheHoopsProphet
10-31-2008, 12:48 AM
JordansBulls...please, show mercy, all of your threads are overwhelming me, and hogging up other threads spotlight.

prash
10-31-2008, 12:50 AM
I think they'll win 50+ games if him and Bosh play 70+ games together

marvILLous
10-31-2008, 12:57 AM
haaa you guys are in for a surprise :)

ink
10-31-2008, 01:35 AM
They'll be very competitive in the East IF he stays healthy.

JJ_JKidd
10-31-2008, 08:11 AM
Standings wise, they are not gonna catch the Celts IMHO. I have them, along with Cleveland though in the ECF vs the Celtics.

Btw I know theres a team named Detroit Pistons. I just dont think theyre that scary anymore though.

Tblaze
10-31-2008, 09:56 AM
I've been impressed so far by their play, let's see if that holds during the whole season.

JordansBulls
10-31-2008, 12:32 PM
Standings wise, they are not gonna catch the Celts IMHO. I have them, along with Cleveland though in the ECF vs the Celtics.

Btw I know theres a team named Detroit Pistons. I just dont think theyre that scary anymore though.

Toronto vs Cleveland in Round1 would be something I would like to see.

THE_FLASH_21
10-31-2008, 12:46 PM
Him and Bosh can make a run at the C's... Garnett can't stop Bosh and Oneal at the same time....

carruthers32
10-31-2008, 12:57 PM
i think they will be a top 3 team. i think this is the year bosh will go from all star to superstar and be top 5 in MVP voting. If anyone watched the game vs philly they showed some amazing D, forcing philly into lots of 24 second shot clock violations and turnovers. if they keep up that defensive intensity watch out eastern conference.

Hellcrooner
10-31-2008, 01:38 PM
If He stays Healty +

If Calderon steps up a bit his scoring +

If Bargnani Breaks out and plays effectively teh SF +

If Moon keeps the level he had last year +

If One of Kapono, Parker or Adams steps up and plays like a monster +

If Roko Ukic plays well ( wich he coudlnt even do in fiba )+

If Referees respect the Canadians ( wich is difficult since usa media always goes against them)

then they can actually WIN THE WHOLE THING.

But unfortunately, thats too many ifs.

Chronz
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
If heathy the Raps are a Homecourt team

_Sn1P3r_
10-31-2008, 05:16 PM
I think they could be a top team in the East if healthy.

nygiants242
10-31-2008, 05:24 PM
Definitely in the Top 3 when healthy that is. JO and Bosh had both great games even after slow starts and helped the Raptors overcome the deficit and end up beating the Sixers by a considerable amount. I can see their frontcourt being one of the best, if not the best in the league right now if they continue to play like this. The addition of JO really helps them with inside defense and hes a great shot blocker too. Look for the Raps to finish top 3 in the east if they stay healthy, if not in the 4-6 range

Lakersfan2483
10-31-2008, 05:25 PM

No, I don't think they are better than Cleveland. As far as Orlando, it's tough to say at this point. I think they are better than Philly. I could see Toronto making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The main thing they need is a better player on the perimeter. They could use a guy like Michael Redd or a Ginobli.

BALLER71
10-31-2008, 05:29 PM
76ers will dissapoint everyone.
Mark my words.

IMO they will be the third best team.

torontosports10
10-31-2008, 05:47 PM
I dont wana get ahead of oursleves but the double teams that Bosh and when he is on JO demeands is able to leave two of the best 3pt shooters in the game wide open in PArker and Kapono and then Jose is not to shabby either. And even Bargs is looking ALOT better this season.

But i seen alot of work to be done also, but i feel we can be a top 3 team if we are healthy

MTone8788
10-31-2008, 06:04 PM
I was at the Sixers-Raptors game the other night and the Raptors looked great. If JO stays healthy, I definitely think they will be a top 5 team in the East. When Bosh and JO got it going (which will be alot of the time anyways hah) teams have to double them leaving one of the Raptors many really good if not great three point shooters open. Their defense was great too. However, they were out rebounded by 23, and if the Sixers didn't have such a bad shooting night I think the outcome of the game would be different. Sixers made a run and cut it to 6 in the fourth, but the Raptors handled it well and kept their composure and took out with some 3's and the game was over.

SpaceCadet
10-31-2008, 06:08 PM
FINALS vs the LAKERS!

IversonIsKrazy
10-31-2008, 06:57 PM
if he and bish stayh healthy, they can be 2nd. pistons never looked good, only beat indy by 6 at home. i would say raps would b better than magic if healthy.

MTone8788
10-31-2008, 08:45 PM
76ers will dissapoint everyone.
Mark my words.

IMO they will be the third best team.

Those disappointments are stomping the Knicks who just beat your Heat.

Sorry I know this is a Raptors related thread. So I will say, I think their bench could be stronger and will keep them from competing with the best teams.

LakerzDQ
11-01-2008, 01:45 AM
Bosh is doing great right now.

Bosh+JO is working, and it's only gonna get better. They'll be good, top 4 in the east.

marvILLous
11-01-2008, 01:55 AM
Bosh is amazing right now. JO struggled on offense tonight but his defense was amazing too. He had some ridiculous blocks, the kinda blocks you would see in indiana. Plus, bargnani had a great game all-around so JO's struggle offensively didn't hurt too much.

tonyd3b54
11-01-2008, 02:16 AM
raptors will be the definition of a regular season team... theyll do good in the regular season becuase of their offense but come playoff time the defensive teams like boston, detroit cleveland SA always stand out...

SAVAGE CLAW
11-01-2008, 02:26 AM
Any ones knows about the career of some seven footer that after a year or two with declining Numbers went back and put them high again?......

marvILLous
11-01-2008, 02:39 AM
raptors will be the definition of a regular season team... theyll do good in the regular season becuase of their offense but come playoff time the defensive teams like boston, detroit cleveland SA always stand out...

defensive team? Actually, toronto is a good defensive team man.

MTone8788
11-01-2008, 03:09 AM
defensive team? Actually, toronto is a good defensive team man.

Yeah I read his statement and I'm like what is he talking about? Their starting lineup especially.

Hellcrooner
11-01-2008, 03:31 AM
Any ones knows about the career of some seven footer that after a year or two with declining Numbers went back and put them high again?......
Man, if you are gonna rip someone rip someone good.

Not the worst writer on espen, wow WORST WRITER Int E.S.P.N

thats rock bottom.

cmstophe
11-01-2008, 10:33 AM
Those disappointments are stomping the Knicks who just beat your Heat.

Sorry I know this is a Raptors related thread. So I will say, I think their bench could be stronger and will keep them from competing with the best teams.

Knicks are freakin awful.

roughgarden
11-01-2008, 11:03 AM
they will finish as the 4th or 5 seed because the celtics will win the east

rapswin98
11-01-2008, 02:32 PM
so far the raps have been playing alright. JO didnt have an offensive night but he played big defensively. bosh is playing amazing

MiamiHeat
11-01-2008, 02:45 PM
If they stay healthy especially JO
they will be a very good Team

Talick
11-01-2008, 03:11 PM
No, I don't think they are better than Cleveland. As far as Orlando, it's tough to say at this point. I think they are better than Philly. I could see Toronto making it to the 2nd round of the playoffs. The main thing they need is a better player on the perimeter. They could use a guy like Michael Redd or a Ginobli.

Define what you mean by "better player on the perimeter" cause we have two of the best perimeter shooters in the league in kapono and parker.

Sox Appeal
11-01-2008, 04:55 PM
Define what you mean by "better player on the perimeter" cause we have two of the best perimeter shooters in the league in kapono and parker.

I'm guessing that he meant you guys needed to add a another perimeter scorer, not another perimeter shooter. And I think he's right. Look at your guys roster, you have O'Neal and Bosh who are two of the best big men in the Eastern Conference, you have the two spot up shooters in Kampono and Anthony Parker, and you have Calderon who is obviously one of the best Point Guards in the East. But the one thing you guys are missing, is somebody who can create 1-1 for themselves.

td0tsfinest
11-01-2008, 05:00 PM
the raptors can definetly be dangerous and the truth is they're probably not at the top of their game; JO is still getting used to the team and not to mention that former number 1 pick,Andrea Bargnani can have a stellar season; If JO stays healthy and if Chris Bosh, Jose Calderon and Andrea Bargnani play well I can see the raps giving any team a difficult time

ShaunRiching9
11-01-2008, 05:14 PM
they can be very good, at least top 5 in the east

Faces
11-01-2008, 05:33 PM
If Bargs plays the way he played last night every night, the Raptors are that much better.

With a healthy JO, Bosh and Calderon playing the way they've been playing, Andrea playing the way he did last night and Kapono playing aggressively like in the playoffs last year, Toronto is easily top two.

Looking at all these situations individually, we know how good they can all be, I just hope these players can put it all together every night.

cmoneytakemoney
11-01-2008, 06:11 PM
I think Toronto is a pretty good team with or without Jermaine O'Neal. I don't think J.O. makes them any better though. I like Jermaine but, his best years are behind him. He'll be lucky to average 12ppg and 9rpg.

Nighthawk
11-01-2008, 06:17 PM
If He stays Healty +

If Calderon steps up a bit his scoring +

If Bargnani Breaks out and plays effectively teh SF +

If Moon keeps the level he had last year +

If One of Kapono, Parker or Adams steps up and plays like a monster +

If Roko Ukic plays well ( wich he coudlnt even do in fiba )+

If Referees respect the Canadians ( wich is difficult since usa media always goes against them)

then they can actually WIN THE WHOLE THING.

But unfortunately, thats too many ifs.

Besides a few grammar mistakes i agree completely.

If The Raptors are higher than a 7 seed ill be :speechless:

marvILLous
11-01-2008, 06:23 PM
I think Toronto is a pretty good team with or without Jermaine O'Neal. I don't think J.O. makes them any better though. I like Jermaine but, his best years are behind him. He'll be lucky to average 12ppg and 9rpg.

seriously?

Halladay
11-01-2008, 06:31 PM
they will finish as the 4th or 5 seed because the celtics will win the east

Gee, thanks for your insight.:rolleyes: You really went out on a limb their saying Boston will win the East. And what does that really have to do with this thread? Nobody is saying they're(Toronto) going to finish first.

Lakersfan2483
11-01-2008, 06:33 PM

A true scorer, who can create his own shot and create for others i.e. Kobe, D. Wade, even someone like a R. Allen or Ginobli. Most guys are not on Kobe, or Wade's level, but if the Raptors could get a guy like J. Johnson, they would be a lot better off.

Kapono and Parker are good role players, they are not difference makers. Those two guys are good to have as backups, but in order for Toronto to get very far, they need a playmaker on the perimeter.

Halladay
11-01-2008, 06:36 PM
I'm guessing that he meant you guys needed to add a another perimeter scorer, not another perimeter shooter. And I think he's right. Look at your guys roster, you have O'Neal and Bosh who are two of the best big men in the Eastern Conference, you have the two spot up shooters in Kampono and Anthony Parker, and you have Calderon who is obviously one of the best Point Guards in the East. But the one thing you guys are missing, is somebody who can create 1-1 for themselves.

It's been discussed alot in the Raps forum-our glaring weakness-a Small Forward who can play great defense and create they're own shot. Jamario Moon shows flashes of that and he shows the ability to guard but there's games where he gets too aggressive and his defense suffers because of it. I don't think we really need a scoring SF as much as we need a shutdown SF. If someone like James Posey was on this team I think the Raptors would be the best team in the East.

Raptors01
11-01-2008, 06:40 PM
Well Toronto actually is getting some help from JO because, if he stays healthy we don't have to worry when chris bosh is out.

if they keep this up they can probabbly be better than the pistons :)

Raptors01
11-01-2008, 06:42 PM
Well Toronto actually is getting some help from JO because, if he stays healthy we don't have to worry when chris bosh is out.

if they keep this up they can probabbly be better than the pistons :clap:

jaysfan4ever
11-01-2008, 06:59 PM

When you've got Calderon, Bosh, Bargnani, & O'Neal going 1-on-1 and drawing double teams, as well as being great passers, who needs 1-on-1 scoring from the perimeter. Our shooters are gonna be left WIDE open, and we've got 3 of the best in the game, with Kapono, Parker & Calderon (if you're a Raps fan you'll know what I'm talking about, if not just look at their 3pt. percentages). The depth & defence of our perimeter players is a concern, but as long as Moon, Parker & Kapono keep playing solid & logging big minutes, we're fine.

I think the Raps will be better than Orlando, the Pistons are always good, so I`m not sure about them. Celtics will be 1st again, and I have no idea why everyone`s picking the Magic over the Cavs as the trio of Z, Lebron & Mo Williams, mixed with PLENTY of supporting players including one of the league`s best defenders in Wallace should put the Cavs in 2nd. I see the Raps finish 3rd or 4th, depending on how well the Pistons play this season, and if JO`s fully healthy, the Raps take 3rd.

Ragun
11-02-2008, 01:59 AM
another win for the raps!

marvILLous
11-02-2008, 02:02 AM
3-0 baby!

DODGERS&LAKERS
11-02-2008, 02:05 AM
Raps look really good. I have watched all thier games on my free league pass! (Thinking of buying it) My only concern is the 2 guard spot. But other than that, they are very solid.

theimortalone
11-02-2008, 02:15 AM
So far Toronto has been very impressive. CB4 is kicking some ***.

Jonathan2323
11-02-2008, 02:23 AM
i cant wait till the HEAT get Chris Bosh. lol

marvILLous
11-02-2008, 02:30 AM
i cant wait till the HEAT get Chris Bosh. lol

this guy obviously wants to become a comedian...

JC_
11-02-2008, 03:41 AM
this guy obviously wants to become a comedian...

lol