PDA

View Full Version : Shaun Rogers to play FB in goal-line offense?

TheRedMarauder
10-30-2008, 05:39 PM
The Browns have talked about using NT Shaun Rogers as a fullback in their goal-line offense.

The Browns have struggled to punch it in a few times this season and coach Romeo Crennel admitted Wednesday that they have talked internally about a solution involving Rogers. His 6'4", 350-pound frame, and surprisingly nimble feet would make for one heck of a lead blocker.

rotoworld

Westbrook36
10-30-2008, 05:40 PM
He would be beasty, Knock a few DT's on their ***

dbroncos78087
10-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Haha, does he have the athletic ability. He is like 350+, if he can do it then great for him.

Essex Ace
10-31-2008, 10:41 AM
Remember his interception return a year ago? He is surprisingly athletic/nimble, this is a great idea IMO.

CHief_0_o_Wahoo
10-31-2008, 01:25 PM
Remember his interception return a year ago? He is surprisingly athletic/nimble, this is a great idea IMO.

I agree. We need to do something different goal line wise.

IndiansFan337
11-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Our goal line offense has been terrible this season.

But I don't think that having a 350 lb. FB would help matters.

He isn't that fast. Sure, he's quick for his size. But he is not fast. He wouldn't be able to pound through blockers for the RB effectively, IMO. I think that we'd be best off just trying to utilize more balls for Kellen Winslow, who seems to often get shunned by DA near the goal line. I don't care whether he will be a Brown next season or not, but I do think that we should target him much more often once in the red zone.