PDA

View Full Version : Atlanta Thrashers (2-5-2) @ New York Rangers (9-2-1)

messleetch94
10-30-2008, 04:37 PM
The Rangers face-off against the Atlanta Thrashers tonight at Madison Square Garden in their final game during the month of October. The Blueshirts currently sit atop the Atlantic Division standings with a record of 9-2-1, and rank first in the Eastern Conference with 19 points. The Rangers enter tonight's contest having defeated the Islanders, 4-2, on Monday at Nassau Coliseum, and are 4-1-1 in their last six contests. With the win, the Blueshirts tied the franchise record for best start through 12 games (1978-79 and 1989-90), and tied the team record for most wins through 12 games (1983-84). Following tonight's match, the Rangers will travel to Toronto to face-off against the Maple Leafs on Saturday, November 1, at the Air Canada Centre (7:00 p.m.). The Thrashers, 2-5-2, currently rank 14th in the Eastern Conference standings with six points, and have lost their last four games.

http://rangers.nhl.com/team/app/?service=page&page=NewsPage&articleid=389438

Three straight wins are apparently not enough to lock into anything at this early juncture, which explains why Tom Renney was toying with new lines for tonight against Atlanta.

Note the return of Chris Drury to wing alongside Scott Gomez and Markus Naslund’ a reunion of the Playstation line; and a rare look at Dan Fritsche at center.

Here’s the full breakdown:

Naslund-Gomez-Drury

Voros-Dubinsky-Zherdev

Dawes-Fritsche-Callahan

Sjostrom-Betts-Orr

Petr Prucha will again be a scratch, while the defensive pairings look to stay the same.

(Update, 1:39 p.m.: Stay tuned on whether these lines hold up. Tom Renney said his intent is to go back to the lines he used Monday against the Islanders. But these combinations were the ones he had together today at the morning skate.)
More later…

http://rangers.lohudblogs.com/

SLY WILLIAMS
10-30-2008, 05:19 PM
Mess,
Thanks for the game thread. I have never seen a team off to such a great start keep changing lines so much. I hope they keep the lines they have been using lately. If it isn't broke why keep fixing it?

King Henrik
10-31-2008, 12:46 AM
zherdev played nasty tonight

King Henrik
10-31-2008, 12:47 AM
Mess,
Thanks for the game thread. I have never seen a team off to such a great start keep changing lines so much. I hope they keep the lines they have been using lately. If it isn't broke why keep fixing it?

because we arent being as productive as we can be. yes we are winning games, but we need to work out a few kinks

messleetch94
10-31-2008, 12:55 AM
Zherdev is an unbelievable talent. He put on a sweet move at the blueline that I've never seen before. He has unbelievable hands.

MeTaL
10-31-2008, 08:08 AM
WOW Zherdev was dropping Jaws last night, what a talent!

Jagr who?! :clap:

SLY WILLIAMS
10-31-2008, 11:09 AM
because we arent being as productive as we can be. yes we are winning games, but we need to work out a few kinks

I understand your point but changing lines isnt always the answer. Sometimes you need continuity to hit on all cylinders.

I'm very please with what I see. Coming off a bad preseason I'm shocked at how well we have put things together. I think the trip overseas may have really bonded our team.