PDA

View Full Version : First Impression of Love

Hawkeye15
10-30-2008, 04:28 PM
Well, what do you think? 12-9 with 2 assists in 19 minutes, +20 while in the game.

DreamShaker
10-30-2008, 04:39 PM
I think he's gonna be very good....he is not huge but is a ball-hawk when it comes to rebounding and is deceptively strong....if he can average 12-9 this season....that would be great for the undefeated T-Wolves:D

superkegger
10-30-2008, 04:43 PM
I thought it was good. He looked solid. Better than beasley...lol

Frank Costanza
10-30-2008, 04:46 PM
not better than beasly or rose but will be in the talks for rook of the year , good upside

MiamiHeat
10-30-2008, 04:49 PM
I thought it was good. He looked solid. Better than beasley...lol

:laugh2:
your soo funnyyyyyyy

yankeesown69
10-30-2008, 04:56 PM
he was better than beasley last nite.... lol

MiamiHeat
10-30-2008, 04:57 PM
he was better than beasley last nite.... lol

okay true :clap:

D-Leethal
10-30-2008, 05:09 PM
I was at the game last night and although Beasley played bad and is real short (good inch or two less than ZBo) he's got some game and some serious finesse with the left. He looks like hes got serious confidence which we all know but didn't look shaken out there at all playing big minutes at the Garden. Mario Chalmers really impressed me as well, he played real well. Once Beasley starts hittin that 3 consistently he will be scary.

superkegger
10-30-2008, 05:13 PM
:laugh2:
your soo funnyyyyyyy

i was refering to their first impressions. beasley was pretty ugly while love looked solid...not saying love is better, not at all.

cmellofan15
10-30-2008, 05:18 PM
LOL I thought this was a romance thread but he sure as hell proved me wrong

barreleffact
10-30-2008, 05:56 PM
he and jason thompson had some surreal 1st games. nuff said

Raidaz4Life
10-30-2008, 06:19 PM
Love looked very efficient which is exactly what the t-wolves need

DerekRE_3
10-30-2008, 06:23 PM
I think he's gonna be good. But remember, it was against the Kings....meaning he went up against no defense and no rebounding.

Oh and Jason Thompson, another PF taken in the draft...had 18 points and 10 rebounds in 22 minutes. Pretty impressive stuff.

boeknows
10-30-2008, 07:21 PM
I think he's gonna be good. But remember, it was against the Kings....meaning he went up against no defense and no rebounding.

Oh and Jason Thompson, another PF taken in the draft...had 18 points and 10 rebounds in 22 minutes. Pretty impressive stuff.

So Thompson was impressive but Love wasnt? Is that what ur saying?

mrblisterdundee
10-30-2008, 07:40 PM
My first impression of love is that it's something very confusing and harsh, and maybe doesn't really exist at all. I hope you find it though. This has been the doctor on KLUV, and now for The Cure.

Lakersfan2483
10-30-2008, 07:49 PM
Well, what do you think? 12-9 with 2 assists in 19 minutes, +20 while in the game.

He has a lot of potential, I watched him while he played for UCLA, he has a high bball IQ and is a good passer. I definitely think the Wolves have a solid player for many yrs. to come.

Sport
10-30-2008, 08:33 PM
He has a lot of potential, I watched him while he played for UCLA, he has a high bball IQ and is a good passer. I definitely think the Wolves have a solid player for many yrs. to come.

Thats the key right there.

Theyy dont need Love to be a superstar, they have Jefferson for that.

This team has a pretty promising future if Brewer and Foye progress into players they are expected to be.

i am not saying the Wolves are NBA champions this year, or even in the playoffs, but they will shock some people, and should be a playoff team within the next couple years.

If Love dos what he did last night cnsistently, its a great pick.

IversonIsKrazy
10-30-2008, 08:57 PM
Good first game rooks.
Kevin Love (12,9)
Jason Thompson(18,10)
Marc Gasol(12,12)
Darrel Arthur(12,15)
Russell Westbrook(13,4)
Derrick Rose(11,9)

Rest had a bad 1st game, ESPECIALLY GREG ODEN!

MiamiHeat
10-30-2008, 09:03 PM
^ :pity:
for you not mentioning Mario Chalmers

DerekRE_3
10-31-2008, 01:39 PM
So Thompson was impressive but Love wasnt? Is that what ur saying?

Did you not read the part where I said Love was gonna be good?

$ NyC $
10-31-2008, 02:14 PM
I think Love has a solid NBA career in front of him. He'll always be a good rebounder but i don't think he'll ever average more than 21 ppg. He isn't a shot blocker but a great compliment/match 4 big Al. He passes well and has a nice shooting touch.

boeknows
11-01-2008, 04:33 AM
Did you not read the part where I said Love was gonna be good?

Yes but u said it was only against the Kings, and then u said that Thompson was impressive. So are u saying that the Wolves defense is better than the Kings D? Or why was it impressive for Thompson but just gonna be good for Love?

DerekRE_3
11-01-2008, 04:47 AM
Yes but u said it was only against the Kings, and then u said that Thompson was impressive. So are u saying that the Wolves defense is better than the Kings D? Or why was it impressive for Thompson but just gonna be good for Love?

Well, first off....Thompson had better numbers. And second of all, the Kings defense (this is coming from a Kings fan) sucks. I'm just saying don't get carried away. He's gonna be solid. And I like the combination of Jefferson/Love. I think they will be a good pair for years to come.

And yes, I was saying that Thompson impressed me more than Love. Is that a bad thing? I'm pretty sure 18 and 10 is better an 12 and 9. It was last time I checked.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2008, 01:03 PM
Well, first off....Thompson had better numbers. And second of all, the Kings defense (this is coming from a Kings fan) sucks. I'm just saying don't get carried away. He's gonna be solid. And I like the combination of Jefferson/Love. I think they will be a good pair for years to come.

And yes, I was saying that Thompson impressed me more than Love. Is that a bad thing? I'm pretty sure 18 and 10 is better an 12 and 9. It was last time I checked.

He also played a few more minutes, had one less block, and didn't have a single assist. They played fairly equal. Love also had 2 more offensive rebounds, they didn't run a single play for Love, he got his in other ways. I think Thompson will be a player. I only saw him once in college, so I don't know a ton about him, but Love is so smart and strong, I can't see Thompson being a better player.

DerekRE_3
11-01-2008, 02:54 PM
Well since you don't know much about Thompson, I'll tell you a little about him...

He's a 6'11 250 pound PF who can play 3 positions, SF, PF, and Center. In high school he was a 6'0 guard but by the end of high school he had grown to about 6'7 and became a PF and Center. In College he kept growing, and finally ended up 6'11 and 250 pounds. Once in college he outplayed Michael Beasley and was one of the most impressive big men at pro camps like the Amare Stoudamire camp.

Utah Jazz scouts said they hadn't seen a big man run the floor like Thompson does since Karl Malone. He can hit mid range shots, has great touch, and can dribble the ball as well as a lot of small forwards can. He can face up and just drive by his man, and with his length, can finish once he gets into the lane. Also, Thompson is a gym rat and is a dedicated worker. He has the tools, and the work ethic to become a very good player.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2008, 04:13 PM
Well since you don't know much about Thompson, I'll tell you a little about him...

He's a 6'11 250 pound PF who can play 3 positions, SF, PF, and Center. In high school he was a 6'0 guard but by the end of high school he had grown to about 6'7 and became a PF and Center. In College he kept growing, and finally ended up 6'11 and 250 pounds. Once in college he outplayed Michael Beasley and was one of the most impressive big men at pro camps like the Amare Stoudamire camp.

Utah Jazz scouts said they hadn't seen a big man run the floor like Thompson does since Karl Malone. He can hit mid range shots, has great touch, and can dribble the ball as well as a lot of small forwards can. He can face up and just drive by his man, and with his length, can finish once he gets into the lane. Also, Thompson is a gym rat and is a dedicated worker. He has the tools, and the work ethic to become a very good player.

I liked him the other night. Good hands. And everyone has their loyalties and opinions. Kevin Love was named high school player of the year, then won PAC 10 player of the year as a freshman. So, regardless of what he looks like, or what most percieve as his weaknesses, he gets it done at every level.

DerekRE_3
11-01-2008, 07:43 PM
I liked him the other night. Good hands. And everyone has their loyalties and opinions. Kevin Love was named high school player of the year, then won PAC 10 player of the year as a freshman. So, regardless of what he looks like, or what most percieve as his weaknesses, he gets it done at every level.

Yeah but awards like that are overrated. There have beens tons of players that have done that and not succeeded at an NBA level. I'm not saying Love won't be good, I think he will be. And I'm surprised at how NBA ready he looks despite only spending 1 year in college.

Hawkeye15
11-01-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah but awards like that are overrated. There have beens tons of players that have done that and not succeeded at an NBA level. I'm not saying Love won't be good, I think he will be. And I'm surprised at how NBA ready he looks despite only spending 1 year in college.

Awards are dictated on team success, so I kind of agree with you. And I know you never said he wouldn't be good. I liked Thompson though. I am hopeful he will shut up those who questioned Sac for drafting him so high.

DerekRE_3
11-01-2008, 08:07 PM
Awards are dictated on team success, so I kind of agree with you. And I know you never said he wouldn't be good. I liked Thompson though. I am hopeful he will shut up those who questioned Sac for drafting him so high

Yep, me too. He was picked to be the sleeper of the draft, but Geoff Petrie woke him up.

Chronz
11-01-2008, 08:53 PM
I thought too many people jumped on McHale for trading Mayo away for him, I look forward to watching him play but it wont be until they play someone worth my time.

boeknows
11-02-2008, 02:03 AM

Yeah the only downfall on him coming into the draft is he wasnt a very physical player and that he doesnt carry a lot of weight and muscle yet.

SAVAGE CLAW
11-02-2008, 02:14 AM
First Impression?

Conley , Miller, Gay, Love, Gasol looks like a playoff team with solid players at all positions.

Conley, Oj, Gay, MIlicic, Gasol looks like a band that relies on two ball hogs, its umbalanced has no experience and lacks a lot of D in the perimeter and sucks at PF. A disaster waiting to happen.

Ill never understand what were Grizz thinking about.

Love is a Darkhorse with Rudy Fernandez to win the ROY.

Pity Espn and Merchandise will leave no other option but to give it to one of the hypes, Rose, Beasley or Mayo itself.

Kind of last year when Horford and Thorntorn got robbed
because of the media hype on durant.