PDA

View Full Version : What the Bulls need...

Mr.23
10-30-2008, 01:52 PM
If this years Bulls team buys into that same teamwork and defensive philosophy of 2 seasons ago, they should be able to meet/exceed the expectations of last year, which was to compete for the Eastern Conference title. We pretty much have the same team with a few better additions (Rose, Gooden, Hughes) and the same glaring holes (no inside presence, no real go-to guy, though Rose is the 1 in the making). In order to move forward though, we gotta make a move for a big man who can help us beat teams up inside.
Thinking on teams and their current rosters, I can't help but to think it's time for a reunion with Eddy Curry. Sure he's proved he's not a teams number one option, but this time we wouldn't ask that of him. Undeniably, Curry can put up points down low and would even require an occasional double team. I know his game seems unmotivated most of the time, but on a new(old) team where he's just asked to do what he does best and nothing more, I see him becoming a major factor in us winning. He won't put up 25-30 ppg, but a solid 15-17 a night would be sufficient. With a lineup of (pg)Rose, (sg) Hughes, (sf) Deng, (pf) Gooden/Thomas, (c) Curry, we've got size, defense, athleticism, and scorers on the floor. If we need to play more up-tempo, start Gooden and Thomas in the frontcourt.
The best thing about Curry's situation is that he doesn't seem to fit into the curent Knicks plans and probably can be attained without disrupting our core. Players like Sefalosha and Nocioni can be packaged in this deal, or deal Hinrich if absolutely necessary.

superkegger
10-30-2008, 01:57 PM
They should get Eddy Curry back since he seems to not be in the plans in NY.

rico
10-30-2008, 02:06 PM
fail.

low post presence yes, but curry :pity:

NYKnickFanatic
10-30-2008, 02:13 PM
They should get Eddy Curry back since he seems to not be in the plans in NY.

Ill be happy to give him to you. :)

JordansBulls
10-30-2008, 02:16 PM
This is what the Bulls need to do:

Bulls Trade: Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and Simmons, Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes
Bulls Receive: Carmelo Anthony, Vince Carter, Anthony Carter

Nets Trade: Vince Carter
Nets Receive: Ben Gordon, Larry Hughes

Denver Trades: Carmelo Anthony, Anthony Carter
Denver Receives: Kirk Hinrich, Luol Deng and Simmons

Bulls Lineup
PG Rose/Carter
SG V.Carter/Thabo
SF Carmelo/Nocioni
PF Tyrus/Noah
C Gooden/Gray

That's a title right there.

:D

SDBearsFan
10-30-2008, 02:22 PM

Bulls Lineup
PG Rose/Carter
SG V.Carter/Thabo
SF Carmelo/Nocioni
PF Tyrus/Noah
C Gooden/Gray

:p i think every trade proposal you have has Vince Carter coming to the Bulls...except on this one, I'll have to agree with you. Rose Carter and Carmelo would be awesome.

NYKnickFanatic
10-30-2008, 02:38 PM

Bulls Lineup
PG Rose/Carter
SG V.Carter/Thabo
SF Carmelo/Nocioni
PF Tyrus/Noah
C Gooden/Gray

Haha, nice try buddy. Lol :p
Even with that lineup they couldnt win a Championship.
Maybe trade for a dominant Center. ;)

CB4AB7VC15
10-30-2008, 03:00 PM
trade hughes and kirk or gorden one of the 2 for a pf/center. kaman , zbo , okafor

NYKnickFanatic
10-30-2008, 03:12 PM
trade hughes and kirk or gorden one of the 2 for a pf/center. kaman , zbo , okafor

No thanks. Knicks dont need any more guards.
And I like how Z-Bo is fitting in right now.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-30-2008, 03:55 PM

Bulls Lineup
PG Rose/Carter
SG V.Carter/Thabo
SF Carmelo/Nocioni
PF Tyrus/Noah
C Gooden/Gray

I'm sorry but I always see you wanting to go after Melo and VC too. Why is Vince Carter the answer. He's not a leader which is what this team badly needs. He's no Low post presence which the team needs even more. Maybe 5 years ago he would've been the answer, but isn't he somewhere in his lower 30s now with a Ben Wallace type contract, except add about 2 years.

Melo is very good, but I don't think he is a Paxson type of player or defender. Plus Denver would never do that trade.

Pierzynski4Prez
10-30-2008, 03:58 PM
and I would take Curry just to add depth in our frontcourt, but not for really anyone on our roster, atleast not anyone that makes enough for the salaries to be even for the trade. Curry is worth a 2nd rounder at most. It would have to include Noc, Hinrich, or Hughes for salaries to work out. Hughes is the only one I would do for Curry, but I might make them throw in a future pick.

Mr Wonderful
10-30-2008, 04:25 PM
You may as well think Curry, because there are no other serviceable centers on the trading block. The Bulls can hang up the idea of being "in the market" for the big name FA's coming up (most of them will resign anyway). Do what you can with the talent you have while teams still think they are talented. Obtaining Melo would make Deng trade bait (can't trade him or Gordon until the end of the year or beginning of next year anyway). Get Curry, get Melo and call it a day...

ameer9521
10-30-2008, 04:38 PM
You may as well think Curry, because there are no other serviceable centers on the trading block. The Bulls can hang up the idea of being "in the market" for the big name FA's coming up (most of them will resign anyway). Do what you can with the talent you have while teams still think they are talented. Obtaining Melo would make Deng trade bait (can't trade him or Gordon until the end of the year or beginning of next year anyway). Get Curry, get Melo and call it a day...

naah, melo's defence isn't worth a bucket of ish. as for curry, if he was dying of thurst in the desert i wouldn't stop to piss in his mouth. lmao

Mr Wonderful
10-30-2008, 04:42 PM
naah, melo's defence isn't worth a bucket of ish. as for curry, if he was dying of thurst in the desert i wouldn't stop to piss in his mouth. lmao

Geezzz man...you're rough on a guy! :ouch:

arlubas
10-30-2008, 07:25 PM
The Bulls had Curry back when he was actually hopeful as a player and they still traded him. Why would they try to get him back now that he has turned into a McD eating machine that could care less about basketball or his career?

Lakers4ItAll
10-30-2008, 10:30 PM
Bulls need to get rid of Ben Gordon and Gooden for a decent big man and thats that

goku
10-30-2008, 11:29 PM
a big man badly

Draco
10-31-2008, 01:25 AM
Why not ruminate about getting Elton Brand back? Curry is as dead an issue as Brand in Chicago.

LAKERS 24/7
10-31-2008, 01:39 AM
a playbook and a prayerbook

SAVAGE CLAW
10-31-2008, 02:02 AM
They need to trade Hinrich and Gordon for either Odom or Randolph ( And im serious about randolph he could be the Scoring machien they need inside since noah can provide the tough play).

Rose,Hughes (At his real position) Deng, Randolph(or Odom) and Noah with gooden Tabo and Nocioni from the bench looks like cool.

And i doubt Lakers would reject a Hinrich, Gordon, KObe, Pau Bynum Line up

or NY a Hinrich, Crawford, Chandler, Lee ,Curry with Robinson, Q rich and gordon from the bench

Draco
10-31-2008, 06:00 AM
They need to trade Hinrich and Gordon for either Odom or Randolph ( And im serious about randolph he could be the Scoring machien they need inside since noah can provide the tough play).

Rose,Hughes (At his real position) Deng, Randolph(or Odom) and Noah with gooden Tabo and Nocioni from the bench looks like cool.

And i doubt Lakers would reject a Hinrich, Gordon, KObe, Pau Bynum Line up

or NY a Hinrich, Crawford, Chandler, Lee ,Curry with Robinson, Q rich and gordon from the bench

Gordon's untradable due to bird rights and I think the value of Gordon and Hinrich is too much for pillsbury-soft-Odom.