PDA

View Full Version : 1st win

Falconmaniac
10-30-2008, 08:30 AM
A great first win.You got to see what the addition of Flip murray and Mo Evans .Will do for this team,this season.Woody did play the big squad for a quick second(ZsaZsa,Horford,Josh,JJ,Bibby).Woody also went deep to the bench.Evans started for Marvin Williams.So Flip,Solomomon Jones and eve West at the end of the game got some pt.Unlike last year where he was scared to play Salim even under adverse conditions.Lastly some sparks of great team defense,during the game.And isn't that why he was hired from Detroit,in the first place ? I'm looking forward to see what Marvin's better three point shot adds to the chemistry .Maybe get RMorris,OHunter and Gardner alittle time.

Dmunk08
10-30-2008, 03:39 PM
BUT I TOLD U SO.......I KNEW MO AND FLIP WOULD MORE THAN COMPENSATE FOR CHILDRESS.....MO HAS DEFENSE AND A BETTER SHOT.....JOSH WAS A BETTER REBOUNDER THAT'S IT.......I THINK FLIP IS A GREAT OPTION OFF THE BENCH TO GIVE THE MOST UNDERRATED PLAYER IN THE GAME (JOE JOHNSON....FOR ALL THE FAKE FANS WHO DON'T KNOW) A MINUTE TO THINK. I THINK WE SHOULD START MO EVANS AT SMALL FORWARD? TELL ME WHAT YOU GUYS THINK? I BELIEVE MARVIN COMMIN OFF THE BENCH WITH ZAZA AND FLIP WILL MAKE OUR BENCH STRONGER (AND COULD POSSIBLY BRING IN MARVINS NAME AS 6TH MAN OF THE YEAR TALK)....I LIKE MO'S DEFENSE OVER MARVINS......ASIDE FROM THAT IM HAPPY FOR OUR FIRST WIN!!!!!!!!! I PREDICT A FIFTH SEED THIS YEAR...I KNOW IT'S EARLY BUT WERE BETTER THAN TORONTO,PACERS,MAGIC,BUCKS,WIZARDS,KNICKS AND NETS......AND YES I SAID TORONTO, I'M NOT CRAZY...I THINK JOSH ZAZA AND BIG AL CAN BANG WITH WORM HEAD AND INJURY PRONE GUY WHO HAD IT O'NEAL. THAT'S ENOUGH FOR NOW I'LL CATCH U ON THE NEXT THREAD......IT'S YOUR BOY MUNK....LET'S GO HAWKS BABY!! THIS OUR YEAR! HI HATERS.....WE ARE HERE......FINNALLY. LOL:clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap ::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap:

kiznarl
10-30-2008, 06:03 PM
Was really impressed by the way the hawks played as a team. JJ stepped up 1st game up and showed what a great sg he is. Regarding the above post I think Marvin should slot back in at starting sf. I think flip murray will be a great 6th man and can easily take chills role. We can go 9 deep now with Flip, Mo, Acie and Zaza off the bench. I know its 2 early 2 get carried away but the magic r no chumps they have 1 of the better frontcourts in the league and was impressed how the hawks would counter a magic hit streak by going all out and pushing it up tempo to counter them

dawgsfan_45
10-30-2008, 06:28 PM
Flip is BEAST!

ugafan
10-30-2008, 10:01 PM
I think 5th seed is a bit crazy. I think we could MAYBE clinch the 7th seed, but most likely if we make the playoffs, it'll be as an 8 seed again. The east improved a lot over the offseason, and I'm a Hawks fan and all, but you're crazy to think we could do better than the Raptors. Bosh-O'Neal-Calderon? :drool:

Dmunk08
10-30-2008, 10:32 PM
I think 5th seed is a bit crazy. I think we could MAYBE clinch the 7th seed, but most likely if we make the playoffs, it'll be as an 8 seed again. The east improved a lot over the offseason, and I'm a Hawks fan and all, but you're crazy to think we could do better than the Raptors. Bosh-O'Neal-Calderon? :drool:

smith-horford-johnson/bibby/evans-(somebody will stick calderons azz.) the shot block man will make those guys think twice......al isn't scared of any thing or anyone....and if calderon gets too crazy we'll send johson or evans to lock him up....both are decent defenders.....and even zaza lately has shown he'll stand up to a bosh or slow injury prone o'neal. what do u say that bra.......

Camden Guru
10-30-2008, 10:48 PM
it was a great win but like the hawks moto "never satisified" is exactly what they need to be. if this team plays as scrappy as they did against the defending SE champs then there is no doubt that the hawks will be a force to be dealt with. This team is much better than they were last year and are deeper. Chils leaving was a blow to the team but we gained a better shooter/defender in Mo and a guy that can create off the dribble in Flip. I would not say that we are better than the raps just yet. The raps are a dangerous team. They have excellent perimeter shooters in Parker, Kapono, Calderon and have a good high low game in Oneal and Bosh. That team can bother us because we do not have a great post defender. Al is great but he is not a teriffic interior presence. Oneal will bother us some. Right now i am more focused on the philly game on saturday. I believe we can win that game. the team is still weak on the perimeter and smith or al can probably hold their own against brand. i would love for us to go 2-0 and strike fear in the heart of the entire eastern conference.

Dmunk08
10-31-2008, 12:57 AM
it was a great win but like the hawks moto "never satisified" is exactly what they need to be. if this team plays as scrappy as they did against the defending SE champs then there is no doubt that the hawks will be a force to be dealt with. This team is much better than they were last year and are deeper. Chils leaving was a blow to the team but we gained a better shooter/defender in Mo and a guy that can create off the dribble in Flip. I would not say that we are better than the raps just yet. The raps are a dangerous team. They have excellent perimeter shooters in Parker, Kapono, Calderon and have a good high low game in Oneal and Bosh. That team can bother us because we do not have a great post defender. Al is great but he is not a teriffic interior presence. Oneal will bother us some. Right now i am more focused on the philly game on saturday. I believe we can win that game. the team is still weak on the perimeter and smith or al can probably hold their own against brand. i would love for us to go 2-0 and strike fear in the heart of the entire eastern conference.

i still think we can kick there azz.....but u bring good points...i just really think everyone is sleeping on us this year......

Camden Guru
11-01-2008, 10:30 AM
i still think we can kick there azz.....but u bring good points...i just really think everyone is sleeping on us this year......

thats no lie. most magazines and online artcles i read projec to miss the playoffs and finish between 3-4 in our division. right now orlando is 0-2, the heat are 1-1, bobcats are 0-1, and the wizards are 0-1. i think after tonights game we can go 2-0. this month will be a test for us.
vs Philadelphia
@ New Orleans
vs Toronto
@ Oklahoma City
@ Chicago
@ Boston
@ New Jersey
vs New Jersey
@ Indiana
vs Washington
vs Charlotte
@ Cleveland
vs Milwaukee
@ Toronto
@ Washington
we have 10 road games and 6 home games this month. i belive we can go 9- 6 for the month.

AtlFANATIC
11-01-2008, 12:26 PM
Yeah, the Hawks have a nice win under their belts on the road mind you (and without Marvin). I still cannot stand hearing these stupid critics talk about how sorry the Hawks are and they will barely manage a 30 win season with the loss of Childress etc etc. They keep saying how bad our bench is yada yada. I know the Hawks have only one game of the season completed and they have a lot to prove......BUT.....Evans and Flip will produce much more than Childress did. I actually love the concept of Flip and Mo coming off the bench with Acie....our offense will improve during times that Joe and others are on the bench. Josh Childress never produced a great deal on the offense and we lost a lot of games last season going into the 4th quarter because our bench players sucked. Having Mo and Flip greatly improves us if you ask me.

Now, how nice would it be for this scenario??????? Let' s say the Clippers decide to acquire expiring contracts once they realize they are horrible.....we deal Bibby's expiring $15 mil for a true Big in Kaman.....We the start Kaman, Horford, Josh, Joe, Acie allowing us to bring Marvin, Mo and Flip off the bench.

jwn0303
11-05-2008, 07:29 AM
no kaman.. we need bibby.. acie law isn't bibby.. period.. i love the guy.. but he's not at bibby's level yet