PDA

View Full Version : Brad Lidge Perfect

astrosmaniac
10-29-2008, 10:06 PM
Lidge has finished the year perfect in save opportunities for the entire year since we traded him to the phillies. im not saying we shouldnt have trade him, cause if we hadnt i still think he would have had that mental road block, but i wish we could have gotten more for him. i mean geary and bourne for a guy whos perfect seems like we got gipped. im just pissed

Zaunnie
10-29-2008, 10:26 PM
a lot of people are

native_astro
10-29-2008, 10:54 PM
We probably could of got alot more, but should of would of could of! I actually like that we got Geary and then used Costanzo as a part of the Tejada trade.

Who knows how Brad would of pitched if he stayed here. I honestly think that changing teams and cities was a great thing for him.

I'm glad Lidge returned to his lights out form and hopefully people will finally move past the Pujols home run.

Here's to you Lidge.....congrats! :clap::clap::clap:

astrosmaniac
10-30-2008, 07:37 AM
i agree, i just wish we could have got more for him

TheRedMarauder
10-30-2008, 10:12 AM
i agree, i just wish we could have got more for him

The problem is that since he was coming off 2 erratic seasons it would have been very hard to get more for him.

sep11ie
10-30-2008, 10:33 AM
Well yea, now we coulda got more for him. But what do you expect after very poor seasons?

Jermster
10-31-2008, 03:44 PM
The problem is that since he was coming off 2 erratic seasons it would have been very hard to get more for him.

Wade could traded to the Mets. Here is what Ken Davidoff said about it:

"The Mets were interested in Lidge at the time, as a setup man for Lidge's Astros buddy Billy Wagner, but Wade wanted a package headed by either Carlos Gomez or Fernando Martinez. The Mets couldn't do that, because they very likely knew at that point that Gomez would be needed to acquire Johan Santana, and they weren't going to give up Martinez for someone they perceived as a setup man; they wouldn't even trade Martinez for Santana. Even Gomez, somewhat of a disappointment for the Twins, OPSed .656."