PDA

View Full Version : Cavs Will Use 10-Man Rotation To Rest LeBron

Sox Appeal
10-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Source: Real GM

Cavaliers' coach Mike Brown will use a ten-man rotation at the start of the season in order to give LeBron James some rest.

"I'm going to give [the 10-man rotation] a chance; I'm still trying to figure it out," Brown said. "I don't want to exclude anyone too soon."

Sasha Pavlovic and Wally Szczerbiak are expected to see more time in the coming weeks, but chances are that LeBron will be on the floor a majority of the time before long.

y2koz7
10-30-2008, 08:46 AM
Which means:

A. Mike Brown is having trouble determining talent level.

B. We need to consolidate our roster with a 2-for-1 or 3-for-2 player trade.

or C. The Cavs are stacked like an All Star team and everyone deserves minutes.

. . . Probably not "C"

IndiansFan337
11-01-2008, 01:57 PM
This means that Sasha Pavlovic is going to continue to get wayyy too much PT.

We need to shorten the rotation to 8-9 guys.

I hope that Hickson continues to play over Lorenzen Wright. If he doesn't, he's going to end up being a bust like Shannon Brown due to lack of confidence.

Sbank
11-01-2008, 02:23 PM
Well it's not a bad idea to rest LeBron since he played a lot during the summer but we do need to cut it to 8 or 9 rotation. I think Hickson will probable play more then Wright is going to this season.

IndiansFan337
11-01-2008, 09:09 PM
Well it's not a bad idea to rest LeBron since he played a lot during the summer but we do need to cut it to 8 or 9 rotation. I think Hickson will probable play more then Wright is going to this season.

Who would you eliminate from the rotation then?

It seems to be these 10 currently:
PG - Williams/Gibson
SG - West/ Wally
SF - LeBron/Sasha
PF - Wallace/Hickson
C - Z/Varejao

I would say Sasha would have to be the odd man out. Now I am not saying we should then force LeBron to play 40+ mpg all season again. But we could either go small for a few minutes a game, or slide Wally over SF when necessary.

Brown just needs to do so when the time is right. We obviously can't go small for long against certain teams, such as Houston. If they run McGrady-Battier-Artest out as their PG-SG-SF for short stints we can't be playing Williams-Gibson/West-Wally.

It's up to Brown to pick the stints where we can eliminate Sasha from the rotation & just go small with 8-9 guys instead.

Also, Hickson would likely be the odd man out if we were to eliminate one more guy from the rotation. But I doubt that will happen since it seems that Ben Wallace isn't likely to play big minutes this season.