PDA

View Full Version : Korpikoski sent down to Hartford

messleetch94
10-29-2008, 06:29 PM
Posted by Sam Weinman on Wednesday, October 29th, 2008 at 1:40 pm

As for another young player, Renney didnít necessarily shoot down the idea that Lauri Korpikoski could be better served playing in Hartford. The Korpedo has sat out five of the last six games, and was practicing today on a line with Patrick Rissmiller and Petr Pruchaónot exactly a good sign.

ďItís a good question,Ē Renney said. ďHeís practicing hard. He can play. If heís getting in every third or fourth game, you have to ask yourself if thatís worth it.Ē

Itís a fair point. While I donít think Korpikoski has fared poorly in his time here and I still think heís an asset to the Rangers, there is no point in having him sit around when he can pass freely between New York and Hartford without waivers. Itís obvious that the Rangers still havenít locked into anyone in that third line wing spot, and until they do, they might as well give him a chance to skate somewhere.

Update, 2:09 p.m.: Sure enough, Korpikoski has been sent to Hartford. The Rangers obviously were waiting for my endorsement before making it official

King Henrik
10-29-2008, 06:47 PM
good to let him develop while we have a cluster of mediocre wingers.

jetsfan89
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
im really high on korpikowski. let him play everyday at hartford.

Desert Plains
10-31-2008, 07:00 PM
It was just a matter of time. I'm sure the team still has high hopes for him. So, if he wasn't going to play regularly, Hartford was the best option.

I'm a little concerned that he was basically invisible in the games he did play. Thinking we'll have another over-hyped prospect that will end up being nothing more than a role player at the NHL level.

C-Rod
11-02-2008, 10:59 PM
l think he's played better than Fritsche and Prucha...l know it is a numbers game.....but l don't like what l see from Fritsche..no finish to his game...

messleetch94
11-03-2008, 12:29 PM
I like Korpi too. I also like Jarko Immonen. does anyone know when his contract is up over in Europe?