PDA

View Full Version : After One Game

NihonJinDesu
10-29-2008, 03:09 PM
People are ready to crown the Lakers champions, Derrick Rose Rookie of the year and Greg Oden....uhm just out

Lakers looked impressive but defensively with all that chasing and closing players were open not just open but wide open its just the Blazers did not capitalize on their chances

The Lakers bench mob looked even better with a healthy Ariza and Bynum or Gasol and dont forget a emerging PG in Jordan Farmar

and earlier on another thread I put Kobe avg 20+pts 5assists and 5 rebounds I was mistaken I more put it as him as a more 20+pts 7 or more assists and 7 or more rebounds a game

and even though Bynum did not play well offensively you could tell the difference in players not getting to the lane with ease

Greg Oden might be a Theo Ratliff player where he can only effective on the defensive side of the ball

-starting Steve Blake is a great idea he is highly underrated as a PG and gives the Blazers more firepower when Bayless comes off the bench

-Aldridge struggled vs the front line of the Lakers

-Rudy Fernandez is a dark horse for rookie of the year

Cavs

-the backcourt of Mo Williams and Delonte West seems like a good fit

-Ben Wallace needs to come off the bench in favor of Varejao

-Lebron struggles at the line again

Celtics

-Powe is emerging as that force off the bench

-KG and Allen struggled a lot

-and Pierce might be trying to make his stamp on the league and telling everyone he is the best player in the world (sorry he is not not even top 10) and to be determined if this mentality might hurt this team(ie Celtics fans dont take that the wrong way)

Kabowdos
10-29-2008, 03:48 PM
I pick the Lakers do it this year if they can stay healthy. They dominated the Trailblazers without anyone really having a big game. Bynum didn't play well but his presence in the middle was great. Aldridge and Oden were not effective at all. Portland was shooting outside all night. Lakers rebounded very well which was one of their weaknesses in the playoffs last season. It was one game and it really doesn't tell us much but it is the only thing we can go by. Lakers seem to have it all this season and it looks like it is put together well. If they stay healthy and don't win the championship, it will be a disappointment for their organization, team, PJ, and of course KB. Huge season for KB24 and his legacy, ego, career. If he can do it this year - he still has 3 years of Prime basketball. He can make himself the best of all time with this squad (2nd best - MJ will never lose his crown)

mjt20mik
10-29-2008, 04:02 PM
It's too early to say anything.

t-mac1nukka
10-29-2008, 04:31 PM
lakers looked good...but as good as they looked the blazers were equally as bad. ouch that was ugly to watch.

_Sn1P3r_
10-29-2008, 04:37 PM
It's too early to say anything.

Yup. Season's only beginning. :clap:

LA412
10-29-2008, 04:40 PM
ok?

The Intimidator
10-29-2008, 05:09 PM
-and Pierce might be trying to make his stamp on the league and telling everyone he is the best player in the world (sorry he is not not even top 10) and to be determined if this mentality might hurt this team(ie Celtics fans dont take that the wrong way)

When did Pierce make that proclamation? I'm pretty sure he never said anything of that nature. And his mentality will not hurt this team. Pierce is no longer a selfish player, as shown by what he did all of last season, and in this game last night. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-29-2008, 05:16 PM
When did Pierce make that proclamation? I'm pretty sure he never said anything of that nature. And his mentality will not hurt this team. Pierce is no longer a selfish player, as shown by what he did all of last season, and in this game last night. I'm not sure what you're getting at here.

He actually did. Some reporter asked him how about Kobe being the best player in the world. Peirce said "I think Im the best player in the world. I could not get the link to work so I will just copy and paste what the news paper said.

Paul Pierce says he's the best player in the world
By J.E. Skeets
Finals MVP Paul Pierce, who recently spent three days at a ball camp in Madrid, is making, ahem, news about what he said to a Spanish reporter. The money translation, via RedsArmy: "Q: Is Kobe really the best player in the world? Pierce: I don't think Kobe is the best player. I'm the best player. There's a line that separates having confidence and being conceited. I don't cross that line but I have a lot of confidence in myself." Surprisingly, Spurs fans seem more upset by this than actual Lakers fans

cmellofan15
10-29-2008, 08:37 PM
People are ready to crown the Lakers champions, Derrick Rose Rookie of the year and Greg Oden....uhm just out

Lakers looked impressive but defensively with all that chasing and closing players were open not just open but wide open its just the Blazers did not capitalize on their chances

The Lakers bench mob looked even better with a healthy Ariza and Bynum or Gasol and dont forget a emerging PG in Jordan Farmar

and earlier on another thread I put Kobe avg 20+pts 5assists and 5 rebounds I was mistaken I more put it as him as a more 20+pts 7 or more assists and 7 or more rebounds a game

and even though Bynum did not play well offensively you could tell the difference in players not getting to the lane with ease

Greg Oden might be a Theo Ratliff player where he can only effective on the defensive side of the ball

-starting Steve Blake is a great idea he is highly underrated as a PG and gives the Blazers more firepower when Bayless comes off the bench

-Aldridge struggled vs the front line of the Lakers

-Rudy Fernandez is a dark horse for rookie of the year

Cavs

-the backcourt of Mo Williams and Delonte West seems like a good fit

-Ben Wallace needs to come off the bench in favor of Varejao

-Lebron struggles at the line again

Celtics

-Powe is emerging as that force off the bench

-KG and Allen struggled a lot

:pity: No, not at all. Nobody could do anything when LeBron didn't touch the ball on the play, they're lost w/out him. It's pretty sad tha a group of grown men can't keep it together when one player's not on the floor...

ARMIN12NBA
10-29-2008, 08:43 PM

Where have you been all summer? PP was saying this kind of stuff all summer.