PDA

View Full Version : Reflections after day one

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:13 AM
I managed to watch Boston-Cleveland and Lakers-Portland.

Here we go.

-Boston is still the favourite to retain the title, everybody knows where their team mates are at each moment and egos are left outside the court.

-Leon Powe is becoming a legitimate Nba Player, Who would have told.

-Tony Allen today backed up his mouth and effectively alowed th eteam to forget that Posey wasnt there.

-If Anderson Varejao can play night in and night out with the passion and determination he played today he will:

A) Replace either Ilgauskas or Wallace as Starter.

B) Be in contention for MIP .

-Lebron is Unearthly. sorry Kobe fans but he already KNOWS when to shoot and when to pass, and his phisic abilities have no rival in the league.
This is his Mvp Season.

-I was surprised at how Pass first Mo Williams showed himself today.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

-How come you have a player with a on-fire start of the game and suddenly you just stop feeding him the ball? Gasol could have gone for 30 he was being a beast and suddenly form the second quarter on he barely receivad a pass.

- Lakers need a back up center, Pau played Way better on the wing, surprise surprise, 6 years later the league may discover he is not a center.

-Kobe will never learn, and that will ELIMINATE any chance oof the lakers winning a ring, firs he does not shoot in the first two quarter, the team plays good passing and team play and they do great, then in the third quarter he takes 90% of the shots, and 80% of the shots in the fourth, when he started doing this the team stopped to play as a team and Portland almost pulled a come back.

-Odom played a solid game , if he is able to accomodate to the sixth man role he is going to be a good ace for them.

-Bynum.... played Horrible, shot to much and shot too bad, he is in contract year and wants that money so much that he will hurt the team by not looking to the open man and taking ill advised shots.

-Neither Bynum or Oden are the next big thing at center, BYnum is an atheltic freak with NO touch around the basket and no Brains, Oden was playing awufully and then he injured himself again.

-Ariza seems to have learn how to shoot form the outside , Watch out!!!! he should start over Radmanovic, and he is well capable of becoming an allstar SF.

-Blake is horrible and has no upside, Baylless is horrible , all hype a la Tj Ford, Rodriguez is Horrible.Portland has a HUGHE problem at poing guard.

- Any way, given Blake has no upside and the other two do have it (even if it isnt much)why does he start?

-Rudy played like a beast, 16 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds 2 steals, No turn overs , they need to find a way to have Both Roy and Rudy on the Court at the same time, or trade on of them for a Poing Guard.

Well, enough for today.

LAKERS 24/7
10-29-2008, 02:22 AM
-Lakers are in Trouble.

Seriously man, winning by 20 points on opening night? That's downright deplorable :rolleyes:

Bleeds Blue
10-29-2008, 02:23 AM
really? after 1 game you have finalized all of this?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:25 AM
IM just expresing what i saw, they are thougts, and some of them will prove to be unrealistic impressions, and others will go on trough the year and be as i said.

Yes Lakers are in trouble, they should have won by 40.
A good team that played a good D over Kobe ( who no matter how covered he is or how many opne team mates there are or how bad he is playing will still be doing ALL the shots in teh last two quarters) Would have won the game.

How do you think Celtics beat them last year? And they didnt have any king of Lack of touches trouble then, now with bynum and Odom fightin for a contract is gonna become awful

pauljames
10-29-2008, 02:28 AM
i just lost all respect for you.

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 02:31 AM

Here we go.

-Boston is still the favourite to retain the title, everybody knows where their team mates are at each moment and egos are left outside the court.

-Tony Allen today backed up his mouth and effectively alowed th eteam to forget that Posey wasnt there.

-If Anderson Varejao can play night in and night out with the passion and determination he played today he will:

-Lebron is Unearthly. sorry Kobe fans but he already KNOWS when to shoot and when to pass, and his phisic abilities have no rival in the league.
This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

-How come you have a player with a on-fire start of the game and suddenly you just stop feeding him the ball? Gasol could have gone for 30 he was being a beast and suddenly form the second quarter on he barely receivad a pass.

- Lakers need a back up center, Pau played Way better on the wing, surprise surprise, 6 years later the league may discover he is not a center.

-Kobe will never learn, and that will ELIMINATE any chance oof the lakers winning a ring, firs he does not shoot in the first two quarter, the team plays good passing and team play and they do great, then in the third quarter he takes 90% of the shots, and 80% of the shots in the fourth, when he started doing this the team stopped to play as a team and Portland almost pulled a come back.

-Odom played a solid game , if he is able to accomodate to the sixth man role he is going to be a good ace for them.

-Bynum.... played Horrible, shot to much and shot too bad, he is in contract year and wants that money so much that he will hurt the team by not looking to the open man and taking ill advised shots.

-Neither Bynum or Oden are the next big thing at center, BYnum is an atheltic freak with NO touch around the basket and no Brains, Oden was playing awufully and then he injured himself again.

-Ariza seems to have learn how to shoot form the outside , Watch out!!!! he should start over Radmanovic, and he is well capable of becoming an allstar SF.

-Blake is horrible and has no upside, Baylless is horrible , all hype a la Tj Ford, Rodriguez is Horrible.Portland has a HUGHE problem at poing guard.

- Any way, given Blake has no upside and the other two do have it (even if it isnt much)why does he start?

-Rudy played like a beast, 16 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds 2 steals, No turn overs , they need to find a way to have Both Roy and Rudy on the Court at the same time, or trade on of them for a Poing Guard.

Well, enough for today.

You offered a terrible analysis of both games. Did you actually watch the games???

Great team win for LA, we looked great tonite. Kobe was outstanding tonite, what game were you watching? When Kobe went to the bench (4th quarter), the Blazers trimmed the lead down to 10 pts. Also, Kobe took over in the 3rd quarter, within the flow of the offense. (17pts in the 3rd quarter, he had 23 pts, 11 rebs and 5 assists for the game, he also played great defense on Roy holding him to 4 of 14 shooting while guarding him)

Like I stated, LA looked great and blew out the Blazers, they dominated from start to finish. I don't know what game you were watching, but don't post a thread like this, if you don't know what you are talking about...

As far as the Cavs are concerned, the same old stagnant offense and Lebron still has issues with hitting a consistent outside shot. The Celtics looked good tonite, they held the Cavs team to only 35 pts. for the entire 2nd half.

OY!
10-29-2008, 02:31 AM

Here we go.

This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

Well, enough for today.

you are a complete idiot. I'm sorry but...no i'm not sorry i'll say it again. YOU'RE AN IDIOT.

Antbanks21
10-29-2008, 02:35 AM
he doesn't know what he is talking about. i mean after one game(which Lakers won by 20) he is saying that we are introuble????

so what if Oden didn't have a great day view, doesn't mean anything. look at Nash, Yao and Kobe who all didn't score on their first NBA game and look how they turned out.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:36 AM
^And you should be banned. OY, for flaming , newby.

I watched the match, and i dont get carried away by flashy plays, i go Furhter than that and watch how the offenses and deffenses are run, and how do they flow ( when kobe started hogging the ball there was plainly NO FLOW on lakers) and what do the players without the ball do.

Try to compare the flow of the game In a Boston game and then in the Los Angeles Kobes.

silvTeg98
10-29-2008, 02:38 AM
Savage Claw you are an idiot!! Its obvious you don't like the lakers.

OY!
10-29-2008, 02:41 AM

I watched the match, and i dont get carried away by flashy plays, i go Furhter than that and watch how the offenses and deffenses are run, and how do they flow ( when kobe started hogging the ball there was plainly NO FLOW on lakers) and what do the players without the ball do.

Try to compare the flow of the game In a Boston game and then in the Los Angeles Kobes.

excuse me newby? a guy that thought a team played terriable when they won by 20 does not make you a newby? then i don't know what does? :confused:

And i don't get carried away on HATE on a team. Hogging the ball? Dude now i know you did not watch the game at all. sorry but i'm not gonna respond more then that, I'm just gonna get the popcorn and watch the show. No need to say the obvious to how bad you're so called "analysis" is...

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:44 AM
Hey im not a Laker hater, in fact i want them to Win the RIng since Pau is there and im spanish , ( and my team....NY sucks a lot lately) IM just telling waht i saw.

Oh and by the way i UTTERLY hate Boston from the bottom of my insides , with all my might, but that does not blind me and im able to recognise the good signs i saw in their game tonight.

DreamShaker
10-29-2008, 02:45 AM
First off all let me say that this guy is just stating his opinion so calling him an idiot is OUT OF LINE....

Second....although yes, the Lakers played a great game and won by alot....I don't think he's far off base....beating a team who had a discouraging injury and wasn't even the 9th best team in the West last year doesn't prove anything and you can blow a team out and still have glaring flaws....and nothing he really said was ridiculously untrue....

BUT

The second unit looks AWESOME....Gasol and Kobe have wonderful chemistry....Odom has a good chance at 6th man of the year....this team is scary good....

Teeboy1487
10-29-2008, 02:46 AM
What about the Bulls and Bucks game?

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 02:54 AM

If you call taking 18 shots for the game, hogging the ball, you need to learn the game of basketball. Kobe had 5 assists, but he should have had closer to ten, some of his teammates fumbled his nice passes.

Hogging the ball, come on man, you are loosing all credibility.

Paul pierce took 19 shots, yet you did not mention that, did you??

Ridiculous post, I used to respect your posts, but not now.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:54 AM
I couldnt watch the Bulls, Game, so it woudl be idiotic to comment anything on it.

Unless you want me to do the most stupid thing in the world, that is commenting on a game basing only in the stat sheet.

Not that is unfrequent that people judge games and players basing on that.

But i wont, i cant see help defense, or strategies, or oof the ball play , or seeting up screens for your team mate or the pass who leads to the asist on a stat sheet.

OY!
10-29-2008, 02:55 AM
First off all let me say that this guy is just stating his opinion so calling him an idiot is OUT OF LINE....

Second....although yes, the Lakers played a great game and won by alot....I don't think he's far off base....beating a team who had a discouraging injury and wasn't even the 9th best team in the West last year doesn't prove anything and you can blow a team out and still have glaring flaws....and nothing he really said was ridiculously untrue....

BUT

The second unit looks AWESOME....Gasol and Kobe have wonderful chemistry....Odom has a good chance at 6th man of the year....this team is scary good....

1 discuraging injury which was Oden. He's not the team. and you sure about that?

-Lakers are in Trouble.

This is his Mvp Season.

first one is just totally moronic.

2nd one is also moronic because lebron actually shot badly and knowing WHEN to shoot is a terrible statement if you CAN'T EVEN SHOOT. Even after a Cavs loss.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-29-2008, 02:57 AM
He he he 18 shots, yes.

But now try to look at i this way.

If you take 18 shots in a game 5 in the first quarter 4 in the second 4 in the third 5 in the fourht, you are not hogging the ball.

If you shoot just 2 shots in the first two quarters and then go and shoot 10 in the third and 7 in the fourht ( and that 10 in the third is 80% of your teams), YES you are hoging the ball, and saying, im the boss, im the only important one here and im the only one with the divine right to close games.

GspLAL
10-29-2008, 02:57 AM

BUT

Exactly it doesnt prove anything, so how can it prove that theyre in trouble? Kobe was quiet because um, let me think, maybe cuz they have a stacked team? Have you even looked at their roster? He wants the team to get going then when its REALLY needed he takes over.

OY!
10-29-2008, 02:58 AM
I'm trying to respect you're analyst Savage Claw but you're analysis is just so...i'm not even gonna say. But I'm just gonna lay off some insults.

DreamShaker
10-29-2008, 03:01 AM
What about the Bulls and Bucks game?

I wanted to see that one....don't have LP and WGN here didn't show it either....stupid Wichita Falls....

But Rose looks like he did ok....and Deng and Thomas seemingly played well....if those 3 put up the numbers they put up tonight as season averages....I'm sure every Bulls fan in the world will take it.....

Rose- 11 points, 9 assists, 3 steals
Thomas- 15-10
Deng- 21PPG

And as for the Bucks....why isn't Ramon Sessions playing?? Why is Luc Mbah a Moute playing over Joe Alexander?? Why did Charlie V only get 9 minutes?? Why did Bogut only shoot 4 times??

If I was a Bucks fan I would be frustrated and confused....

DreamShaker
10-29-2008, 03:03 AM
Exactly it doesnt prove anything, so how can it prove that theyre in trouble? Kobe was quiet because um, let me think, maybe cuz they have a stacked team? Have you even looked at their roster? He wants the team to get going then when its REALLY needed he takes over.

Kobe isn't gonna prove anything until the playoffs honestly....he has nothing left to prove in the regular season....

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 03:03 AM
He he he 18 shots, yes.

But now try to look at i this way.

If you take 18 shots in a game 5 in the first quarter 4 in the second 4 in the third 5 in the fourht, you are not hogging the ball.

If you shoot just 2 shots in the first two quarters and then go and shoot 10 in the third and 7 in the fourht ( and that 10 in the third is 80% of your teams), YES you are hoging the ball, and saying, im the boss, im the only important one here and im the only one with the divine right to close games.

Huh? Tell that to all the great players in the past and the present. He reads the flow of the game, he scored when the opportunities presented themselves. It's no sense in arguing with you about this point, you don't seem to understand what I am talking about. Kobe was extremely efficient tonite, he shot over .50pct, had a double-double, and played good defense on Roy (5-15 from the field).

GspLAL
10-29-2008, 03:05 AM
Kobe isn't gonna prove anything until the playoffs honestly....he has nothing left to prove in the regular season....

The part about not proving that theyre in trouble is about the team not kobe.

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 03:05 AM

You are correct, he has nothing to prove during the regular season. He is not after scoring titles, etc.. he's trying to win. He took 18 shots for the game and handed out 5 assists (should have been more, but his teammates fumbled the ball. lol)

pauljames
10-29-2008, 03:17 AM
savage claw is just a spain homer. mentions how good pau and rudy fernandez are.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2008, 03:42 AM
I just woke up, so i could only see the highlits (Claw you are a lucky bastard with that night job and the giant plasma...who plays saturday i may go visit you? :P)

Well it seem rudy did great and pau not so great.

My thoughs.

Andrew Bynum.....does anybody truly believe he didnt do TONS of anabolics/steroids while he was "injured"?

Andrew Bynum should get his own Comic Book and Rob Liefeld should Draw it, to keep his proportions realistic!!!!

G-Funk
10-29-2008, 04:04 AM
WOW??? Kobe played amazing defense.

pd7631
10-29-2008, 04:09 AM
Hey im not a Laker hater, in fact i want them to Win the RIng since Pau is there and im spanish , ( and my team....NY sucks a lot lately) IM just telling waht i saw.

Oh and by the way i UTTERLY hate Boston from the bottom of my insides , with all my might, but that does not blind me and im able to recognise the good signs i saw in their game tonight.

Stick to soccer

Hellcrooner
10-29-2008, 04:12 AM
Stick to soccer

Hate post of the week?

IM spanish too, i feel offended.

Why stick to Soccer? Yes we are euro champions, but we are reigingin World Champs at basket, We have Bichampion Alonso in f1 racing, curent number 1 in tennis is Rafa nadal, Current Tour the france and GIro winner are Spanish too ......

pd7631
10-29-2008, 04:17 AM
Hate post of the week?

Why stick to Soccer? Yes we are euro champions, but we are reigingin World Champs at basket, We have Bichampion Alonso in f1 racing, curent number 1 in tennis is Rafa nadal, Current Tour the france and GIro winner are Spanish too ......

sorry, I was just trying to make the other guy feel stupid for writing such crap. based on his comments, it doesn't seem like he knows too much about the game or he just really overreacts to little things.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2008, 04:19 AM
^As i didnt see the games i dont know if he is right or wrong in what he wrote. But you should never bash anybody that express an opinion just agree or disagree, and elaborate why you agree or disagree if you feel like it.

pd7631
10-29-2008, 04:22 AM
^As i didnt see the games i dont know if he is right or wrong in what he wrote. But you should never bash anybody that express an opinion just agree or disagree, and elaborate why you agree or disagree if you feel like it.

you're right, my bad

NihonJinDesu
10-29-2008, 04:34 AM
Alright let me offer my analysis

Boston vs Cavs
Leon Powe played very well and he will be that man that comes off the bench a la James Posey last year, Tony Allen will be a solid contributor off the bench as well, but if we are talking James Posey esque effect on the game that award shall go to Leon Powe...

Ray Allen struggled with his jumper, most of them were contested maybe age is being a factor..

Paul Pierce 19 shots this game being more aggresive could he want to be showing he is trying to back up his words when he says he is one of the best all time... or could he hurt the celtics down to road

Lebron just played like Lebron great play but still is horrible at the free throw line

Ben Wallace needs to come off the bench in stead of Mr Varejo

I like the backcourt tandem of Williams and West

Lakers Vs Trailblazers

first off after one game which beating one of the up and coming teams by 20 also to add with a lineup that is still trying to find a identity and also holding a very good offensive team to only 53 points after 3 quarters...if thats not impressive then I dont know what to tell you Brandon Roy and Aldridge had a tough game

Oden shows that he is not close to being one of the elite centers in the NBA with foul trouble a horrible post up game(ie: missing a hook shot a easy one at that over VLAD) and of course injury problems

B ROY just had a hard time getting anything going offensively

Rudy Fernandez possibly a dark horse in the rookie of the year talks... I think he played really well

just overall the Blazers had a horrible offensive night

Lakers had a really good defensive game

Odom played solid, Farmar played really well also did Ariza

I think this might the start of Kobe averaging 20+ pts 5 assists and 5 rebounds if the team can continue the Phil Jackson new offense

Bynum is still trying to find his place on the floor still coming off major surgery it will be only a matter of time till they find that chemistry

in closing if anything the Celtics should feel like they are in trouble if they want to hold up vs the CAVS, RAPTORS,PISTONS of the east coast...and for a team still trying to work out kinks the Lakers looked great and hopefully the blazers can find their groove with or without Oden

Fireworld
10-29-2008, 04:39 AM
horrible review ewwwww :puke:

lakerboy
10-29-2008, 04:50 AM
I don't know,. maybe this wasn't the ***-whooping fashion we Laker fans were used to by the end of last season,.. but to say that WE ARE IN TROUBLE? Come on.

Kobe played well (offensively, and defensively).
Bynum struggled
Pao played well in the first half

But hey, we're so stacked, not everybody will get a chance to score 20.

LA needs to improve their defensive game this year, and from what I saw in the first game, I think we started this game on the right foot.

MTar786
10-29-2008, 08:47 AM
my notes

CELTS vs CAVS

-lebron didnt shoot a great percentage

- paul pierce shook lebron a lot. Lebron needs to become a better defender. needs to get a better jumper.. seems like the cavs lost focus in the 3rd. they could have won this game.

-ray allen seems like his age is starting to hurt him worse than it was in the playoffs.

-off night for kg and celts still win ( good sign for boston)

-powe and tony allen seem good(allen is covering for posey)

-pierce is playing like one of the best in the league

LAKERS vs BLAZERS

-firstly savage claw is an idiot

-Kobe played great n i recall 17 shots.. not 18.. wasnt he 9 for 17? thats better than 50% he also had 11 rebs and 5 assists which coulda been ten easily and could have had a trip double.

-gasol was a monster in the first half.. lakers should have fed it to him more after the second quarter

-bynum seemed a little nervous.. so i dont blame his bad play. he did seem more comfortable in the 4th. Remember guys.. he needsx to adjust.. the team is totally dif from when he last played.. pau wasnt there either.

-kobe and gasol have amazing chemistry.

-the second unit is the best 2nd unit in the nba by far

- ariza 2-2 from long range. (keep that up n he should start)

-laker defense is gonna be top 5 this year

-their team defense is much much better

-odens first game, nervous, rusty.. im not judging gim yet.. but the injury scares me..

-outlaw should start all the time

-fernandez is the man!

-farmar also played well

-odom needs to adjust.

coming from a team that has no official identity i'd say there is NO CHANCE they are 'in trouble'

they showed they should be favorites for the title this year. imagine them when they are comfortable and their chem is up? thats just scary

Raidaz4Life
10-29-2008, 08:58 AM
i cannot believe I read this awful post.... here people came in saying Portland would be the surprise team of the west and how explosive they'd be with all the young talent and the Lakers held them under 80 points.... our main weakness last year was on the defensive end.... this shows we have cleaned up our weakness.... hardly what I'd call in trouble.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM

Boston vs Cavs
Leon Powe played very well and he will be that man that comes off the bench a la James Posey last year, Tony Allen will be a solid contributor off the bench as well, but if we are talking James Posey esque effect on the game that award shall go to Leon Powe...

Ray Allen struggled with his jumper, most of them were contested maybe age is being a factor..

Paul Pierce 19 shots this game being more aggresive could he want to be showing he is trying to back up his words when he says he is one of the best all time... or could he hurt the celtics down to road

Lebron just played like Lebron great play but still is horrible at the free throw line

Lakers Vs Trailblazers

first off after one game which beating one of the up and coming teams by 20 also to add with a lineup that is still trying to find a identity and also holding a very good offensive team to only 53 points after 3 quarters...if thats not impressive then I dont know what to tell you Brandon Roy and Aldridge had a tough game

Oden shows that he is not close to being one of the elite centers in the NBA with foul trouble a horrible post up game(ie: missing a hook shot a easy one at that over VLAD) and of course injury problems

Rudy Fernandez possibly a dark horse in the rookie of the year talks... I think he played really well

I think this might the start of Kobe averaging 20+ pts 5 assists and 5 rebounds if the team can continue the Phil Jackson new offense

Bynum is still trying to find his place on the floor still coming off major surgery it will be only a matter of time till they find that chemistry

in closing if anything the Celtics should feel like they are in trouble if they want to hold up vs the CAVS, RAPTORS,PISTONS of the east coast...and for a team still trying to work out kinks the Lakers looked great and hopefully the blazers can find their groove with or without Oden

your right Pierce should have passed more, u know to KG who was on fire and Ray who couldnt miss. wat the heck do u want him to do? no one else besides TA, Rondo, Powe were doing anything. Pierce took control and brough this team back from down 14 to win.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM

Here we go.

This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

Well, enough for today.

"I hate Kobe and I hate the Lakers no matter how great they played, plus I am a huge Lebron fan"

^ That's all you had to say, why would you waste time typing that review? ^

GARBAGE REVIEW
^

now i have to go take a dump and forget this thread ...

lakers4sho
10-29-2008, 10:12 AM
This is his Mvp Season.

Yet he decides to shoot a three when he was double teamed when they were only down by 5 with still 2 minutes remaining. Yeah, excellent decision making.

How come you have a player with a on-fire start of the game and suddenly you just stop feeding him the ball? Gasol could have gone for 30 he was being a beast and suddenly form the second quarter on he barely receivad a pass.

Does it really matter how many points he score? I could care less if Kobe scored 5 as long as the Lakers win.

He is a F/C. Say thank you to Phil's Triangle if Pau was successful playing the wing. But he'll NEVER, EVER be a legit wing player. I think we all know why.

Did you even watch the 3rd quarter? Lakers offense was STAGNANT. No one was moving, no one was doing the triangle. Not even Pau. Even if you pass the ball as much as you want, you're not gonna get a good shot b/c no one is moving. Kobe did the right thing. Wake up the team. Look what happened. After he made those baskets, the crowd got pumped, and the lead never diminished after that. That's what I think a leader should do. I didn't think that what Kobe did was detrimental to his team in ANY way.

kobe24>jordan23
10-29-2008, 10:27 AM
so u are telling me that the lakers were in trouble when kobe was taking over the game...u got to be kidding me it was actually kobe who brought the lead up 2 twenty-something points.. check urself before u watch urself

Raidaz4Life
10-29-2008, 10:58 AM
your right Pierce should have passed more, u know to KG who was on fire and Ray who couldnt miss. wat the heck do u want him to do? no one else besides TA, Rondo, Powe were doing anything. Pierce took control and brough this team back from down 14 to win.

he wasn't trying to knock on pierce, he was just saying the original poster was hypocritical because he was *****ing about how Kobe was hurting the team by taking all "90% of the shots" when Pierce took more shots than Kobe did and he praises the Celtics team play. But i agree Pierce did need to take over just as much as Kobe did.

Raidaz4Life
10-29-2008, 11:02 AM
Hate post of the week?

unfortunately your fellow spaniard made you all look completely clueless when it comes to basketball.

JordansBulls
10-29-2008, 11:08 AM
I noticed that Gasol will be even better if Bynum starts at Center. Bynum doesn't even have to do much either, just his presence alone takes away from how much Gasol has to do. Gasol is a star in this league, but just has been on bad teams for most of his career. His numbers are pretty good, just not as good as KG's, Duncan or Dirk from years past which is why he hardly ever made allstar teams. You will see once the Lakers have success that Gasol will be on the allstar team with ease. That what winning does.

Bringing Odom off the bench is good. Gives the Lakers a scoring punch and having Vlad start gives the Lakers penetration from Kobe and the kickout to Fisher or Vlad or to throw it in the post to Gasol or Bynum. This Lakers team has it all. Inside-Outside game and the 3 point shot.

Celtics I was impressed seeing Tony Allen play well. Maybe he is taking pride by wanting to show that he is actually better than Posey. KG was off and so was Ray, but Pierce seems to be on a mission this year as well.

Was impressed by the Bulls last night, but they did only play Milwaukee. Let's see what happens at Boston on Friday.

bostncelts34
10-29-2008, 01:43 PM

Here we go.

This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

Well, enough for today.

I agree with Boston. Leon and Tony are going to make people forget about Posey real fast. Both are explosive players. Leon is RELENTLESS in EVERY facet of the game. Tony can drive to the hopop amazingly, although he needs to work on his jumper, and his body control. His defense is also a plus.

JordansBulls
10-29-2008, 02:01 PM

Yeah I think Bynum needed to get more shots.

Gibby23
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Yeah I think Bynum needed to get more shots.

He had 10, I think 10 to 12 a night is all he will get.

GregOden#1
10-29-2008, 02:21 PM
Blake is a pretty good starting PG. He's a championship level backup point guard, that's all you can really ask for until Bayless or Sergio takes over later in the year.

Portland was missing 2 of their starters, Martell is out for a while and Oden had a sprain 3 minutes into the game, and played the rest injured.

The problem was Outlaw, I agree with some Portland fans that he's kinda becoming the scapegoat, like Jarret Jack was last year, but this guy simply cannot play in an offense that isn't geared toward giving him the most shots. He stands around doing absolutely nothing and waits for the PG to give him the ball, he's a black hole on offense and the guy really should be on the bench.

Still, it was a poor outing from Portland, LA should have won by alot more. LA played like a team that'd get swept out of the second round, not a championship level team. They need to play better.

Gibby23
10-29-2008, 02:23 PM
I agree with Boston. Leon and Tony are going to make people forget about Posey real fast. Both are explosive players. Leon is RELENTLESS in EVERY facet of the game. Tony can drive to the hopop amazingly, although he needs to work on his jumper, and his body control. His defense is also a plus.

They cant hit big 3s like Posey.

Gibby23
10-29-2008, 02:26 PM
Blake is a pretty good starting PG. He's a championship level backup point guard, that's all you can really ask for until Bayless or Sergio takes over later in the year.

Portland was missing 2 of their starters, Martell is out for a while and Oden had a sprain 3 minutes into the game, and played the rest injured.

The problem was Outlaw, I agree with some Portland fans that he's kinda becoming the scapegoat, like Jarret Jack was last year, but this guy simply cannot play in an offense that isn't geared toward giving him the most shots. He stands around doing absolutely nothing and waits for the PG to give him the ball, he's a black hole on offense and the guy really should be on the bench.

Still, it was a poor outing from Portland, LA should have won by alot more. LA played like a team that'd get swept out of the second round, not a championship level team. They need to play better.

The game was over from the start. Kobe and Gasol played 33 mins, Odom played 29, Bynum played 28. They could have beat the team by 30 but they wanted to get Walton, Powel, and Mihm some garbage time because they didn't have any comp from a non playoff team.

ElSerenoBlu
10-29-2008, 02:30 PM
In reference to "Kobe hogging the ball", here is what I saw. When the blazers got as close to 8 points..that's when Kobe "hogged the ball" and he was efficient with the "ball hogging" enough to put the lakers back up by 15 or so.

So is that ball hogging and messing up the "flow" of the game. no. So your "opinion" or "analysis" was off.

Kobe only had 5 points in the first half because he did not need to hog the ball or score because the overal game was going well.

The 2nd unit is differently paced. They are much quicker but can at times get a little carried away where they might not stay consistent.

The 2nd unit kinda let the blazers come back and so I wasn't surprised to see Kobe back on the floor in the 4th qtr.... where he "hogged the ball" some more.

:rolleyes:

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-29-2008, 02:31 PM
Your all right.
Kobe hogged the ball damn idiot if he didn't hog the ball then we would of won by 50
Next time he should give the ball to Bynum more!!! I agree kobe will never learn how to pass because he never does

i wish this thread would just closed ... its obviously a hate thread

Zefflin
10-29-2008, 02:33 PM

Besides Rudy, I thought Outlaw was the only other player that contributed anything.

LA should have won by alot more. LA played like a team that'd get swept out of the second round, not a championship level team. They need to play better.

:violin:

legendkillerv2
10-29-2008, 02:35 PM
SAVAGE CLAW your are a bad NBa analysis, dude Boston bench was horrible, Eddie house is garbage, i haven't seen any one miss so many three pointers. Rodriguez also played pretty well, i don't know what game you are watching, buddy. Plus Kobe ball hogging, what is wrong with you, the first have of the game Kobe try to get his teammates involved in the first half , then he takes over in the third and forth, if your paying a guy all that money you want him to shoot.

Zefflin
10-29-2008, 02:39 PM
Your all right.
Kobe hogged the ball damn idiot if he didn't hog the ball then we would of won by 50
Next time he should give the ball to Bynum more!!! I agree kobe will never learn how to pass because he never does

i wish this thread would just closed ... its obviously a hate thread

For the love of Jesus, what ****ing game were you watching sir??

For anyone calling Kobe a ballhog you are obviously jealous of his success.

He played brutally efficient, and he'll play like that 80% of the season. The other 20% he'll shoot even more. Which is awesome as well.

barreleffact
10-29-2008, 02:40 PM

Boston vs Cavs

Lakers Vs Trailblazers

start???? kobes has been averagin 20 5 5 or better in all categories since 2000 save 1 season.

Nighthawk
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
SAVAGE CLAW your are a bad NBa analysis, dude Boston bench was horrible, Eddie house is garbage, i haven't seen any one miss so many three pointers. Rodriguez also played pretty well, i don't know what game you are watching, buddy. Plus Kobe ball hogging, what is wrong with you, the first have of the game Kobe try to get his teammates involved in the first half , then he takes over in the third and forth, if your paying a guy all that money you want him to shoot.

Bench is horrible??? Powe is a beast in the paint. Tony Allen will be just as good as Posey if he doesnt get hurt. Disagree all you like but i dont give a rats ***. As for House..its one game. If House made all his shots would we have the best bench???? Silly goose. Plus KG and Ray Ray didnt have good stats either. Pierce carried em. As a team they played well. Its only the first game of a long season to go.Its was a solid team effort to get the W. Well be fine. :D

Gibby23
10-29-2008, 02:41 PM
For the love of Jesus, what ****ing game were you watching sir??

For anyone calling Kobe a ballhog you are obviously jealous of his success.

He played brutally efficient, and he'll play like that 80% of the season. The other 20% he'll shoot even more. Which is awesome as well.

He was not serious, he has Kobe in his name.

Lost Art
10-29-2008, 02:43 PM
........worst analysis EVER :laugh: Pathetic :pity:

Zefflin
10-29-2008, 02:47 PM
He was not serious, he has Kobe in his name.

Ah yes, over my head.

What I said still stands damn it.

Lost Art
10-29-2008, 02:48 PM
..........and Kobe was the best player of opening day............and its not even close.........23 points 11 boards and 5 assists on 53% FG, pretty solid

Lebron didn't even play all that well.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2008, 04:34 PM
OK I finally managedf o watch the gam eon tape dealy.

"Lakers are in Trouble."
No, they are not,, Bynum and Pau are not still well coordinated but playing a chaotical game still washed the blazers.

"How come you have a player with a on-fire start of the game and suddenly you just stop feeding him the ball? Gasol could have gone for 30 he was being a beast and suddenly form the second quarter on he barely receivad a pass."

You have a point here tehy should look more for gasol he should be a CLEAR second option and score 20 a game, he needs 16 touches a game, they are wwastin ghim

" Lakers need a back up center, Pau played Way better on the wing, surprise surprise, 6 years later the league may discover he is not a center."
I agree pau plays better at the Four , but Mihm looks like he is recovered so no need for anther center

"Kobe will never learn, and that will ELIMINATE any chance oof the lakers winning a ring, firs he does not shoot in the first two quarter, the team plays good passing and team play and they do great, then in the third quarter he takes 90% of the shots, and 80% of the shots in the fourth, when he started doing this the team stopped to play as a team and Portland almost pulled a come back."

I agree he shot to much and some ill advised shots in the third, that may hurt in a closer game, but in this particular game is ok, you know ? he is KOBE. Im more concerned on Odom forcing shots and Bynum forcing shots instead of lloking for the open man.

"Odom played a solid game , if he is able to accomodate to the sixth man role he is going to be a good ace for them."

I disagree, he forced shots he is oncontract year this may be a concernt becaus eits a posible chemistry spoiler, Phil ahs to step up and say CLEARLY to him and Bynum that they are third and fourth banana so they have to take les hsots.

"Bynum.... played Horrible, shot to much and shot too bad, he is in contract year and wants that money so much that he will hurt the team by not looking to the open man and taking ill advised shots."

I agree , But hes is coming back form an njurey, he will gety better and coordinate better with gasol, I hope he doe snto go into an ego trip because he STILL is the third or four option he should not demmand to eb the second.

"Neither Bynum or Oden are the next big thing at center, BYnum is an atheltic freak with NO touch around the basket and no Brains, Oden was playing awufully and then he injured himself again."

I disagree, both of them wanted to prove a lot of things and started a bit nervous? overexicitated? I wont give up on neiother on tehm too soon.

"Ariza seems to have learn how to shoot form the outside , Watch out!!!! he should start over Radmanovic, and he is well capable of becoming an allstar SF"

All star? no, very good starter, yes. I liked his game

"Blake is horrible and has no upside, Baylless is horrible , all hype a la Tj Ford, Rodriguez is Horrible.Portland has a HUGHE problem at poing guard."

Yes they three palyed horrible , i wonder why mcmillan holds a grude against Sergio, he played jsut 5 minutes and he sat him after his first mistake while he alowed Baylees to take a lOT of ill advised shots adn stupid turnovers.
They need a PG PERIOD:

" Any way, given Blake has no upside and the other two do have it (even if it isnt much)why does he start?"

Because he is the known evil? because Mcmillan is stubborn= I dont know, repaet, they need a PG badly.

"Rudy played like a beast, 16 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds 2 steals, No turn overs , they need to find a way to have Both Roy and Rudy on the Court at the same time, or trade on of them for a Poing Guard
Well, enough for today"

Agree, and agree in teh long run they will ahve to decide only one of them ROy or rudy, enither can aly efectively the PG or SF spot.

I expect his numebrs and minutes to go down wehn Webster returns, i just cant trust Mcmillans homerims to american players.

Rome
10-29-2008, 04:55 PM
Overall it was an ok opening day of basketball. Boston maintained king james and opened with a W.

Redd came out as his usal self dropping 30.

And Lakers D and lack of any offense on Odens part left the Blazers with their first loss. Fernandez played better than I expected. Kobe just took over scoring in the second half and the lakers were pretty much cruising since the first half.

Its really just good to have basketball up and running again.

Squad13
10-29-2008, 04:59 PM

Here we go.

This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

Well, enough for today.

I nominate this for worst post on psd, you're an idiot. Lebron can't even hit a clutch free throw or lay up and loses the game, the lakers dominate and they are in trouble? HATER

LAKERS 24/7
10-29-2008, 05:03 PM

Wow. Obviously, both teams could have played better. You make excuses for why the blazers played as bad as they did, yet you expect the Lakers to start off the season playing championship basketball? We are also tinkering with different things, Lamar coming off the bench, new defensive schemes applied, Gasol finally learning the full options of the triangle, Bynum playing with Gasol, etc, etc. For the first game of the season and with the chemistry not being quite right yet, we played as well as you could possibly hope.

The Intimidator
10-29-2008, 05:05 PM
Reactions after watching the Celts game:

The Celtics bench can be one of the NBA's best. Powe is going to be a 6th man of the year candidate, Tony Allen is back to his 06-07 form and is great for minutes and defense, and Steady Eddie House can hit a big 3 when necessary. Celtics just need to get Ray Allen going, and the repeat train will be in motion.

leftymo
10-29-2008, 05:07 PM
Yeah, definitely an idiot. Well, maybe that's harsh. Just not an informed fan.

I mean we could keep things simple.

A defending champion came out and with the emotions of getting their rings promptly trailed at halftime and were down by as much as eleven before turning things around only to win by a few points at home.

A former eastern conference champion managed to build a decent half time lead only to blow it and have their best player play subpar including missing free throws in the clutch that would've given his team a chance to tie.

A former western conference champion led from the opening tip extending their lead to as much as 22-23 points, never trailing from beginning to end, and beat their opponent in every quarter including garbage time without any of its players playing all that well.

A young energetic athletic team touted to maybe push for a playoff spot was completely confused and lost offensively on the road and never could recover from the onslaught on the road, with its best players all being neutralized for a majority of the game.

Those are quick summaries after just one game. I didn't expect the Lakers to win by 20, and cruise easily against the Blazers. I did expect a simiarly close game like the Celtics/Cavs. So if there's a team in "trouble" its certainly not a team that won by 20, on an off night.

knicks1214
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
Lmao...this is coming from another Lakers hater and Lebron lover...why can't people recognize that the Lakers are a force? They have Bynum back now and can move Pau to PF and start Vlad to spread the defense for the two big guys. Then you have a 6'10'' point forward who can initiate the offense and rebound the ball coming off the bench! The Lakers have a really solid team. Also, I can't believe you said the following things:
"-Bynum.... played Horrible, shot to much and shot too bad, he is in contract year and wants that money so much that he will hurt the team by not looking to the open man and taking ill advised shots.
My response: Bynum has not played in over what, 9 months? This is his first real game back from the injury. He is not going to be 100% the first game...give him a few games and he will start playing like he should be-13, 10, and 2.
Bynum is NOT an athletic freak...not sure where you got that from. He has touch from around the rim--not really sure how you missed that. Sure he doesn't have the best post moves now, but he has gotten better with his post moves ever since he was drafted...not to mention he has the best low post player in NBA history teaching him. Also, since when was Odom a center? And since when was he the "next big thing?" Honestly, stop making crap up. Nobody said Odom could play center, nor did he play center...and nobody is declaring him the next big thing.
-Ariza seems to have learn how to shoot form the outside , Watch out!!!! he should start over Radmanovic, and he is well capable of becoming an allstar SF."
Ariza is still somewhat of a streaky shooter...you would know that if you watched him play throughout his career rather than one game. Until he starts to shoot consistently, he won't be starting because having Pau at PF and Bynum at C allows the defense to play closer in. Vlad forces the defense to make sure they don't double down because with him in the game, they have 3 legitimate 3-point shooters who can hit open shots, and some contested shots, when given the chance--defenders won't double down on either Pau or Bynum because they won't want to get burned from the outside. Also...Ariza will never be an all star...where did that come from?

1 Last thing: With all the weapons that the Lakers have, Bynum doesn't have to score that much. He is a huge defensive force even if he is not blocking shots--which he does anyway...he clogs up the lane and makes it hard for people to get into the lane and get a good shot off.

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
Ah yes, over my head.

What I said still stands damn it.

I said that because a lot of retards mean that. Truth is i was just trying to act like a Kobe hater, a ******.
It also pisses me off that we have a mod here that hates Kobe

Bleeds Blue
10-29-2008, 05:40 PM
kobe got on a hot streak, he started taking more shots and rightfully so. thats what any other player in the nba would do, if you get hot then the team will give you more shots. dont forget that the team's lead went up by like 10 after he did that. winning by 20 with the starters playing limited minutes seems like a good game overall to me.

GregOden#1
10-29-2008, 05:46 PM
Wow. Obviously, both teams could have played better. You make excuses for why the blazers played as bad as they did, yet you expect the Lakers to start off the season playing championship basketball? We are also tinkering with different things, Lamar coming off the bench, new defensive schemes applied, Gasol finally learning the full options of the triangle, Bynum playing with Gasol, etc, etc. For the first game of the season and with the chemistry not being quite right yet, we played as well as you could possibly hope.

You took what I said out of context, but at least you didn't go nuts in your reply like some of the other people who replied.

I just expected more from a team whose last game they got beat by 40 points and a team whose being crowned the next NBA champion. Is it a reason to be concerned? No, I was just making a comment that they'll have to do better in the future and you took it way out of context as if I was saying the Lakers suck.

GregOden#1
10-29-2008, 05:48 PM
Bynum is NOT an athletic freak...not sure where you got that from. He has touch from around the rim--not really sure how you missed that. Sure he doesn't have the best post moves now, but he has gotten better with his post moves ever since he was drafted...not to mention he has the best low post player in NBA history teaching him. Also, since when was Odom a center? And since when was he the "next big thing?" Honestly, stop making crap up. Nobody said Odom could play center, nor did he play center...and nobody is declaring him the next big thing.

The fail is strong in you young one.

kvrnm
10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
after day one pierce looks nasty good, celts look good.... but ray ray is struggling to fit in still at times... i feel really bad for oden, he cant catch a break.

knicks1214
10-29-2008, 05:50 PM
The fail is strong in you young one.

Lol. Nice catch there. I just got on a rant and I kept going...the same goes for Oden though. You can't say anything about anyone who has just played only 13 minutes.

JordansBulls
10-29-2008, 05:52 PM
OK I finally managedf o watch the gam eon tape dealy.

"Lakers are in Trouble."
No, they are not,, Bynum and Pau are not still well coordinated but playing a chaotical game still washed the blazers.

"How come you have a player with a on-fire start of the game and suddenly you just stop feeding him the ball? Gasol could have gone for 30 he was being a beast and suddenly form the second quarter on he barely receivad a pass."

You have a point here tehy should look more for gasol he should be a CLEAR second option and score 20 a game, he needs 16 touches a game, they are wwastin ghim

" Lakers need a back up center, Pau played Way better on the wing, surprise surprise, 6 years later the league may discover he is not a center."
I agree pau plays better at the Four , but Mihm looks like he is recovered so no need for anther center

"Kobe will never learn, and that will ELIMINATE any chance oof the lakers winning a ring, firs he does not shoot in the first two quarter, the team plays good passing and team play and they do great, then in the third quarter he takes 90% of the shots, and 80% of the shots in the fourth, when he started doing this the team stopped to play as a team and Portland almost pulled a come back."

I agree he shot to much and some ill advised shots in the third, that may hurt in a closer game, but in this particular game is ok, you know ? he is KOBE. Im more concerned on Odom forcing shots and Bynum forcing shots instead of lloking for the open man.

"Odom played a solid game , if he is able to accomodate to the sixth man role he is going to be a good ace for them."

I disagree, he forced shots he is oncontract year this may be a concernt becaus eits a posible chemistry spoiler, Phil ahs to step up and say CLEARLY to him and Bynum that they are third and fourth banana so they have to take les hsots.

"Bynum.... played Horrible, shot to much and shot too bad, he is in contract year and wants that money so much that he will hurt the team by not looking to the open man and taking ill advised shots."

I agree , But hes is coming back form an njurey, he will gety better and coordinate better with gasol, I hope he doe snto go into an ego trip because he STILL is the third or four option he should not demmand to eb the second.

"Neither Bynum or Oden are the next big thing at center, BYnum is an atheltic freak with NO touch around the basket and no Brains, Oden was playing awufully and then he injured himself again."

I disagree, both of them wanted to prove a lot of things and started a bit nervous? overexicitated? I wont give up on neiother on tehm too soon.

"Ariza seems to have learn how to shoot form the outside , Watch out!!!! he should start over Radmanovic, and he is well capable of becoming an allstar SF"

All star? no, very good starter, yes. I liked his game

"Blake is horrible and has no upside, Baylless is horrible , all hype a la Tj Ford, Rodriguez is Horrible.Portland has a HUGHE problem at poing guard."

Yes they three palyed horrible , i wonder why mcmillan holds a grude against Sergio, he played jsut 5 minutes and he sat him after his first mistake while he alowed Baylees to take a lOT of ill advised shots adn stupid turnovers.
They need a PG PERIOD:

" Any way, given Blake has no upside and the other two do have it (even if it isnt much)why does he start?"

Because he is the known evil? because Mcmillan is stubborn= I dont know, repaet, they need a PG badly.

"Rudy played like a beast, 16 points, 4 assists, 2 rebounds 2 steals, No turn overs , they need to find a way to have Both Roy and Rudy on the Court at the same time, or trade on of them for a Poing Guard
Well, enough for today"

Agree, and agree in teh long run they will ahve to decide only one of them ROy or rudy, enither can aly efectively the PG or SF spot.

I expect his numebrs and minutes to go down wehn Webster returns, i just cant trust Mcmillans homerims to american players.

I think when you have a team that deep you need other guys to beat you so if one player is hot that game keep feeding them unless the opposing team makes it their aim to stop the player.

ARMIN12NBA
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
You offered a terrible analysis of both games. Did you actually watch the games???

Great team win for LA, we looked great tonite. Kobe was outstanding tonite, what game were you watching? When Kobe went to the bench (4th quarter), the Blazers trimmed the lead down to 10 pts. Also, Kobe took over in the 3rd quarter, within the flow of the offense. (17pts in the 3rd quarter, he had 23 pts, 11 rebs and 5 assists for the game, he also played great defense on Roy holding him to 4 of 14 shooting while guarding him)

Like I stated, LA looked great and blew out the Blazers, they dominated from start to finish. I don't know what game you were watching, but don't post a thread like this, if you don't know what you are talking about...

As far as the Cavs are concerned, the same old stagnant offense and Lebron still has issues with hitting a consistent outside shot. The Celtics looked good tonite, they held the Cavs team to only 35 pts. for the entire 2nd half.

Agreed. How are the Lakers in trouble? They won by 20 points...

Kobe started taking shots when the Lakers 20 point lead went down to 9. That is the moment when Joel hit him and he went off. Were you watching the game? Not to mention the fact that Kobe's defense on Roy was dominant.

BTW--Kobe only took 17 shots in the game and shot 53%. He didn't take a lot of shots and shot a high percentage. Be happy Savage.

Bynum picked up his game as the game went along he is fine.

Savage Claw, I know you LOVE Pau and you hate it when he doesn't go off BUT...this team is ridiculously stacked. His stats will go down naturally and he knows that. His efficiency and FG% will improve though. Don't hate Kobe or Bynum or the Lakers because your fave player isn't getting stats. It is a team game muh man.

The Lakers are not in trouble at all. If anything, this team is even more dominant then we thought.

Rome
10-29-2008, 06:04 PM
Oden will play better and Bynum will play better. Give them time. Oden isn't 100% and Bynum is still warming up. Bynum had some signs of good post moves, but also did force some bad shots up. Oden just had bad luck in game one. Anyone know what the report on him is? I haven't checked.

A lot of players looked a tad rusty at first but soon turned it around. First few games went somewhat as expected.

knicks1214
10-29-2008, 06:06 PM
Oden will play better and Bynum will play better. Give them time. Oden isn't 100% and Bynum is still warming up. Bynum had some signs of good post moves, but also did force some bad shots up. Oden just had bad luck in game one. Anyone know what the report on him is? I haven't checked.

A lot of players looked a tad rusty at first but soon turned it around. First few games went somewhat as expected.

That was well put. It was the first game...people don't realize that it takes more than just preseason and practices to gel a team. It requires games that actually matter. Both are coming off injuries and are playing in their first games since their injuries...

ARMIN12NBA
10-29-2008, 06:10 PM
BTW--Savage Claw, you picked a wrong time to proclaim Lebron better than Kobe...He just shot a low percentage from three (0 for 4 from three...0%...lol--and you say Kobe takes ill-advised shots...Kobe took one three and made it muh man), Lebron missed a layup and a three in the last 2 minutes, shot an awful 33% from FT line in the 4th quarter, and basically choked up the game...Kobe in the meanwhile? He had a double-double while shooting 53% and added 5 assists. Kobe is still the best.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-29-2008, 06:14 PM

Here we go.

This is his Mvp Season.

-Lakers are in Trouble.

Well, enough for today.

What?? Kobe took 17 shots for the whole game. He took 8 in the first half and 9 in the second half. He took the most shots in the 3rd. Only taking his first shot of the period once the Blazers ran off 7 points in a row. He was hot and kept scoring until the game was out of reach.

I understand being a Monday morning quarterback if the player starts "hogging the ball" and his team loses due to it. But Kobe kept making the shots, his team won by a blow out. What more do you want? Their defense was far better than anything they did last year. They still have room for tons of improvement because its the first game. There is no trouble for them to talk about after that game.

Brooke
10-29-2008, 06:45 PM
seriously?? You come to this after one game?? What I saw of the Lakers I loved. It isnt like Kobe took 25-30 shots, he only took 17. He showed why he has changed and matured. The Laker defense was very good last night now they just need to do it on a daily basis

Once again LeBron showed he needs a little more work, he still cant hit those clutch FT's and shots when the game is on the line. Kobe was everywhere last night, not a good time to say Lebron is better than Kobe

Lost Art
10-29-2008, 06:46 PM
Everyone is acting like the Blazers are a D-league team. Just to remind everyone, most NBA analysts have these guys competing for the title this year and for many years to come. The Lakers just waxed them with Bynum, Odom, and Fisher having an off night. The game was never in doubt. I don't see how you could possibly see that as a negative debut. What more do you want? Its not like they were playing the freaking OKC Thunder or the Grizzlies or something. GEEZ, some people :pity:

MiamiHeat
10-29-2008, 06:55 PM
savage claw is just a spain homer. mentions how good pau and rudy fernandez are.

pretty much...

Rome
10-29-2008, 06:57 PM
Blazers just couldn't do anything against the Lakers D. Simple as that.

I was impressed by the Lakers despite most having an "off night" and the Blazers are just gonna take time to show what they can really do. A lot of new pieces to their young core and throwing Greg in the mix means its gonna take time. Guarantee they don't lose that badly next to they play the Lakers.

Zefflin
10-29-2008, 07:03 PM
Guarantee they don't lose that badly next to they play the Lakers.

So they'll still lose though?

If only you could guarantee a win.

Rome
10-29-2008, 07:11 PM
So they'll still lose though?

If only you could guarantee a win.

If only I could. Its up to the game IMO. If Kobe is injured or something and Bynum and Pau have an off day I could see Portland stealing one.

bostncelts34
10-29-2008, 07:14 PM
They cant hit big 3s like Posey.

thats true.. but they are also more explosive, and younger than posey. Not to mention CHEAPER. lol

bostncelts34
10-29-2008, 07:16 PM
Everyone is acting like the Blazers are a D-league team. Just to remind everyone, most NBA analysts have these guys competing for the title this year and for many years to come. The Lakers just waxed them with Bynum, Odom, and Fisher having an off night. The game was never in doubt. I don't see how you could possibly see that as a negative debut. What more do you want? Its not like they were playing the freaking OKC Thunder or the Grizzlies or something. GEEZ, some people :pity:

off-nights are a part of basketball. Using that as a way to say they woulda beat them by more is not correct. Cause if you did it that way, Allen shot 2-9 i beleive, and KG was like 5-14. So i guess cleveland sucks because they had offnights and woulda lost by more? no lol

Tblaze
10-29-2008, 07:49 PM
Atleast you didn't call Rodriguez a superstar this time Savage, that's an improvement. But I am getting slightly annoyed on your offensive stance when commenting on players and teams. Not just on this topic but in the blazer forum too.

junion
10-29-2008, 08:03 PM
analysis: celtics are a team to beat - they're champs and they're good, they lost posey, but allen and powe are full of hustle, and they will make it hard for you to rebound against them. do they have the hungry - yes, but it's not as strong as last year. they won their rings and it's hard to honestly say you're not satisfied - the 'big 3' haven't won before this, and now that they have, i'm sure they're satisfied, but they still have some hunger and pride to maintain their championship. the key is for them to keep their hunger - if they do then they can go to the finals again.

cleveland is good. they got good players and they can hang with the champs. with mo williams new, the team has to adjust, but they'll be fine. lebron is lebron, strong, agressive, but still needs to work a little on the jumper, and also on the defense against pierce. they key is for the 'new team' to work more with mo williams.

portland just needs time. yes they were good last year without oden, but they're stacked with youth. those players are good, but they just need to be a better disciplined team. and oden needs to play many games in a row. he needs to play at least 20 games in a row before he gets that good rhythm, and starts gellin' with his teammates. they have a lot of young talent, and that'll get them really far, but it'll still take time. i just hope greg oden can stay healthy for the sake of the game. watching the giants go against each other is exciting. the key for them is patience - they will be good, but they can't get down when they lose to great teams, and with each win and loss, they'll just get better in the long run.

lakers are stacked at every position. they have three starters at sf. they could start either vlad, odom, or ariza and they'd still be good. bynum did struggle a little bit - i think its from the injury, but more because he just turned 21, he wants that contract, and the 'big game' got to him - he got nervous along with oden. ariza either improved, or got healthy, or both. farmar looks like he's going to have a breakout season, and same with pau - he looks like he's comfortable out there. and kobe is kobe. the key would be for bynum to get his rhythm back - he will with time. also that bench to keep their team together and grow together. 'the lakers are in trouble' - looks like the 'trouble' is figuring out who will start at sf - how can you just choose one?

pd7631
10-30-2008, 12:46 AM
Hey Savage Claw, good call with your whole Lakers are in trouble comment. They really look terrible right now, they won their first game by 20 and are up by 30 right now. Please do us a favor, and don't ever analyze a game again for the rest of your life.

OY!
10-30-2008, 01:10 AM
hey savage. great call on the lakers being in trouble. the lakers only won by 38. lakers just down right suck right?

Raidaz4Life
10-30-2008, 01:21 AM
hey savage. great call on the lakers being in trouble. the lakers only won by 38. lakers just down right suck right?

we should have won by more.... after all they didn't have Camby:rolleyes:

ARMIN12NBA
10-30-2008, 01:21 AM
Yup. The Lakers are in soooo much trouble. They only won by a combined 58 points in their first two games. Only a 29 per game winning margin! Big letdown by the Lake Show.

lakers4sho
10-30-2008, 01:22 AM
Prepare for another onslaught by Savage Claw. Pau only scored 13 points.

(starts hiding)

kingkobe
10-30-2008, 01:39 AM

Here we go.

- blah blah blah...bullsheet bullsheet

- I have no idea what I am talking about but sorry I am only 9 years old and my parents got me the computer so I am on the internets typing away.

Wow the original post was the worst analysis ever. Maybe you have a chance to get on the team with Jon Barry.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-30-2008, 02:09 AM
Oh, Lakers won by 40 to the mighty clippers.... Clap clap.

Why dont you come back at me when you face a real team?

Pau did Horrible today , but it was his fault? 3/10 come on!!!!.

DOnt worry i wont go and say todl you so told you so!!! at the first time lakers lose.

Or you expect them to go 82-0

Little Children....

SAVAGE CLAW
10-30-2008, 02:13 AM
No comments today because i had a ton of work and could only watch some minutes of Memphis-Houston,Suns-Spurs and Lakers-Clippers Trough Streams.

Any way, seems Spurs miss Manu a lot?

Clippers are horrible?

Arthur and Marc did an Awesome debut?

Oj Mayo did a horrible debut?

Mayo and gay should try to pass the ball sometimes? You need some inside scoring to win games.

Houston didnt impress me much.

BUt as i said, i didnt watch enough time from each game to judge.

ARMIN12NBA
10-30-2008, 02:21 AM

DOnt worry i wont go and say todl you so told you so!!! at the first time lakers lose.

Little Children....

Of course the Lakers are going to lose, but to say they are in trouble is ridiculous. Their depth is outstanding. They are just going to wear teams down over the coarse of the 48 minutes. Kobe Bryant is barely playing. Bynum and Gasol the same. They are going to be amazingly well rested for the playoffs.

Epic89
10-30-2008, 10:10 AM
Pistons are still a contender, might be the deepest team in the NBA

LakerzDQ
10-30-2008, 10:42 AM
I'm not here to argue with Savage Claw's points, but just to point out it was just a single game. Drawing conclusions that "the Lakers are in trouble" is just as rash as all the Laker fans declaring that they will win the 09 Championships.

Especially when the Lakers comfortably won the game.

Zefflin
10-30-2008, 10:46 AM
Drawing conclusions that "the Lakers are in trouble" is just as rash as all the Laker fans declaring that they will win the 09Championships.

:nod:

colinskik
10-30-2008, 11:06 AM
I don't have the time to read all the posts on this one, so I'm assuming someone else has already said what I am about to say. BYNUM IS THE NEXT BREAKOUT STAR OF THE NBA. This was his first game back after a knee injury so it's natural he's not going to find his game immediately. Last night, however, he looked more like the Bynum of last year before the injury and he's only going to get stronger. Mark my words .... BYNUM WILL BE A BEAST THIS YEAR AND FOR MANY YEARS TO COME.

Gibby23
10-30-2008, 02:17 PM

Little Children....

When your 2nd best player goes 3/10 and you still win by 28 your team is not in trouble.

OY!
10-30-2008, 02:49 PM
When your 2nd best player goes 3/10 and you still win by 28 your team is not in trouble.

actually 38 :D