PDA

View Full Version : Shaq says he's 'shogun' of centers

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 06:09 PM
Source: AZCentral (http://www.azcentral.com/arizonarepublic/sports/articles/2008/10/27/20081027sunspre-shaq1028.html)

"Because I've done the most," O'Neal said. "I'm not worried about guys winning dunk contests and doing stuff like that. You still have to outdo the shogun to become the shogun. When I leave, it'll be because my time is up, not because someone is outplaying me or someone has done more than me. The only one who has even done close, and I don't really consider him a center, is Mr. (Tim) Duncan. Any other center, the things that they have done, I invented."

Giaps
10-28-2008, 06:15 PM
Also a direct shot at Dwight Howard. Shaq, just shut up already and stop whining. He went from likeable and funny to delusional and annoying in the span of a year.

_Supreme_
10-28-2008, 06:17 PM
Shaq was dissed by Santino Marella during WWE's Cyber Sunday (which was in Phoenix).

It was pretty funny and Shaq was in the crowd making throat-slit gestures to him, which were supposed to be meant playful probably, but I'm not sure if Shaq really appreciated it :D

Haven't found the footage yet.

Rome
10-28-2008, 06:47 PM
Shaq is gonna be Shaq, nobody can change that.
Despite age, skill and attitude, I still believe the big cactus is a top center in this leauge and will be considered one until he hangs up his shoes.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-28-2008, 07:12 PM
I miss Shaq. He is so funny.

b_rad23
10-28-2008, 07:28 PM
He is right but all of this self-praising BS is getting annoying at this point. We get it you're great, please stop.

_Sn1P3r_
10-28-2008, 08:12 PM
Shaq is gonna be Shaq, nobody can change that.
Despite age, skill and attitude, I still believe the big cactus is a top center in this leauge and will be considered one until he hangs up his shoes.

Haha yup. :nod:

Musiq
10-29-2008, 12:32 AM
does the guy ever have an unexpressed thought? Does he really need to tell the world that he is still a great center? egomaniacal. Is he really threatened by Dwight Howard taking "his" mantle? Talk about being insecure...

FOBolous
10-29-2008, 12:41 AM
has he forgotten how he got schooled by Hakeem earlier in his career?

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 01:05 AM
I'd bet big bucks that Shaq doesn't even know who the Shogun were, really.

Not to mention that the average height of Japanese men around that time was probably about five foot nothin'

Not that it matters, just sayin'...

lakersrock
10-29-2008, 01:08 AM
:bang:

He's gonna be 80 and still claim to be better (not in his prime, I'm talking 80 year old Shaq) than every C that ever played after him.

EddieB
10-29-2008, 01:29 AM
Shaq is bi polar

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 03:20 AM
The Diesel is king of controversy nowadays. He's bored out in Phx. and so he keeps bringing attention on himself with these outrageous comments.

Hellcrooner
10-29-2008, 03:34 AM
Man , does this "shogun" dont realize he has been mocked and out played this last 2 seasons by 50% of the centers out there?.

I wodner what he will say when Marc Gasol outplays him.

Thats the bad thing of being just Strenght and Burthe force and a freak atheletet, when you get old and go slower you are just crap.

He never had the technicalls and fundamentals that Hakeem, Robinson, Mo Malone, Karee, Wilt, russell, or even Artis Gilmor had.

ho_va2006
10-29-2008, 04:07 AM
who cares??? play your 15 min. a night pal... its over.

Mallpha
10-29-2008, 05:40 AM
Shaq is almost 37 years old and no matter what any one says he might make the diffrence betwean winning and losing.

He is an egomaniac no doubt but he is kind of right there was loads of great big man before Shaq than it was Shaq and after Shaq if you look at pure centers well you simply cant say guys like Dwight or Yao reached level of prime time Shaq.

mfudge
10-29-2008, 01:05 PM
Also a direct shot at Dwight Howard. Shaq, just shut up already and stop whining. He went from likeable and funny to delusional and annoying in the span of a year.

he's always been like that. you're just now hating on it because he's talking about a player you like. now you know how kobe fans felt. :rolleyes: shaq's always been shaq.

cambovenzi
10-29-2008, 01:07 PM
i would agree that he is shogun:
old and outdated

hdxstunts1
10-29-2008, 01:08 PM
Ya, shaqs the shogun of centers as im the Queen of fing England! I dont put shaq in the top 5 centers of all time! He doesnt have alot of skill hes just big! He's old, he's stupid, and he needs to get the **** beat out of him for all the stupid stuff hes ever said!

Vidball
10-29-2008, 01:11 PM
Well, Kareem and Bill Russell both accomplished more than Shaq...they must be better right now than Shaq is too. I'm sure if Bill were to lace them up for a one-on-one game with Shaq, Russell would dominate him!

PhxGiant
10-29-2008, 01:25 PM
These threads about Shaq just goes to show you that he knows how to keep his name out there and always has people talking. The dude gets called dumb but the reality is he has businesses and investments to fall back on, he knows that anything he says thats even the tiniest bit controversial is going to get him that much more exposure 98% of the time.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 01:27 PM
Good point.

Kaptain Kanada
10-29-2008, 01:43 PM
You know... there is a lot of Shaq hate out there right now. He may be old, and has lost his speed, but at least the guy is still an entertainer and brings some fun to the game.

How many other guys in the league ever have quotes that don't include the usual 'we've got to go play hard', 'just trying to help the team', crap that every pro athlete spews. Sure Shaq is ego-maniacal, but at least the dude isn't a piece of dead wood with a microphone in his hands.

cahawk
10-29-2008, 08:16 PM
Shaq is like Barkley, they are fun and outgoing. They can be outrageous.
But I'll take that over a two faced kobe anyday. We rarely get to see the real kobe except once in awhile in a candid video or from a Karl Malone.....

I'll take the real thing over a narcisstic controlled image, anyday.

LakerzDQ
10-30-2008, 05:57 AM
Ya, shaqs the shogun of centers as im the Queen of fing England! I dont put shaq in the top 5 centers of all time! He doesnt have alot of skill hes just big! He's old, he's stupid, and he needs to get the **** beat out of him for all the stupid stuff hes ever said!

calm down.

Rome
10-30-2008, 06:02 AM
Shaq had a good game tonight, 15 points 13 boards. Could of easily had 20 with a few more touches.