PDA

View Full Version : Herm the 4th best coach in NFL?

RustShack
10-28-2008, 04:44 PM
A total of 1,440 players, or roughly 80 percent of those active in 2007, completed the study by the Wharton Sports Business Initiative, a research and executive think tank that is not a degree-granting program.

Asked which active N.F.L. coaches they would most like to play for, the players picked Tony Dungy (Indianapolis Colts) followed by Lovie Smith (Chicago Bears) and Bill Belichick (New England Patriots). Herman Edwards (Kansas City Chiefs) was fourth and Mike Tomlin (Pittsburgh Steelers) fifth.

Kcfanbaby212*
10-28-2008, 04:53 PM
doesnt mean hes good lmao

Chiefs316
10-28-2008, 05:44 PM
yeah well....

Kcfanbaby212*
10-28-2008, 05:45 PM
they like him as a coach/motivator/friend....but not as an Xs and Os guy..

Gigantes4Life
10-28-2008, 05:50 PM
Were most of these players older, sorry *** shouldn't be starting on a real NFL team players?

Because if so, Herm is the ideal coach.

chiefsfanatics
10-28-2008, 06:20 PM
We all knew that Herm is a players coach..

RustShack
10-28-2008, 07:01 PM
Were most of these players older, sorry *** shouldn't be starting on a real NFL team players?

Because if so, Herm is the ideal coach.

I guess if you think 80% of the NFL players shouldn't be in the NFL then I guess it could be.

Pipes
10-28-2008, 08:13 PM
It's just probably because he's a good communicator. Players want consitancy and he more then likley gives that in the lockeroom. Herm's draw back is X's & O's... that's with out saying! I personally like Herm... I now critcize him more now for obvious reasons but I still believe he's a good coach. What he needs to do though is take a page out of the Mike Ditka book and surround himself with great X's & O's guy's... Mike was a great communicator and motivator in Chicago but his famed D would have been nothing more then just solid if it wasn't for Ryan.... I feel if Herm swallowed his pride a little and hired gentlemen that were savvy in their particular field and he just manged it as a overall head like Ditka he would see success.... Half the battle is getting the players respect.. he's done that... now he needs to now improve on just the coaching aspect... If he wakes up to that and Clark does give him another year things can turn for this team with him in charge... I know there's alot of WHAT IF'S with this but I also don't think it's to far out there either...

touchdown bowe
10-28-2008, 08:27 PM
just goes to show how clueless people are to how terrible of a coach he is..

Kcfanbaby212*
10-28-2008, 08:38 PM
he is right tho....other than Xs and Os...herm is alright...and hiring a staff.

Pipes
10-28-2008, 09:18 PM
just goes to show how clueless people are to how terrible of a coach he is..

It's my opinion... I'm sorry you don't care much for it...

touchdown bowe
10-28-2008, 09:27 PM
i wasnt responding to ur post pipes.. lol..

Pipes
10-28-2008, 09:28 PM
he is right tho....other than Xs and Os...herm is alright...and hiring a staff.

That's what I was trying to say... Herm trying to run things on his own is doomed for failure... But I truly believe if he can hire guy's that have good reps in what they do and he is smart enough to stay away and be the Mediator/Face of the staff there can be success... Players love to play for coaches like Herm if you can combine that with talent in the staff I'm sure this thing will rebond... The real question is is Herm big enough and confident enough to trust other people?... Sometimes the hardest thing to do is ask for help... But if he's smart he would... I feel it's just as hard to get a guy that's good in the lockeroom as it is to get a good X's & O's guy... If Herm really wants to turn this thing around I believe this would be the right path to go...

Pipes
10-28-2008, 09:30 PM
i wasnt responding to ur post pipes.. lol..

My bad I thought you were... Like I said my bad... :hi5:

touchdown bowe
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
meh..i shoulda quoted wut i was talkin bout

Pipes
10-28-2008, 09:42 PM
No... After I sat back and acutally took the time to underatand what you ment I got it...