PDA

View Full Version : Do the Hornets have enough to win it all this year?

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 02:21 PM
Do the Hornets have enough to win it all this year if so what needs to happen? Who needs to play big? Who needs to be consistent?

dannyking18
10-28-2008, 02:55 PM
I'll tell you who needs to be consistent,Tyson Chandler he needs to atleast average 15-16 ppg if they want to make it far this year,along side with D.West needs to average no more than 15 ppg so that leaves Peja with more shooting possibility's.the west is getting tougher,and one of those parts is thee centers in the west..hornets might come up 3rd in the west we dont know about every team in the west is getting better.so "this is what the hornest need to average if they want make a verry depp playoff run."

C.Paul=ppg:19.3-apg:10.9-spg:2.8
T.Chandler=ppg:16.2-rpg:11.5-bpg:2.7
D.West=ppg:15.6-rpg:rpg:9.9
P.Stojakovic=ppg:14.9
J.Posey=ppg:10.7-spg:1.9

MiamiHeat
10-28-2008, 02:57 PM
If CP3 plays the same as last season and even better,
and if Posey becomes that great 6th man and every starter
becomes consistent and stay consistent then yeah they could win it all

_Supreme_
10-28-2008, 03:00 PM
Yes, but they can't afford an injury to any of their key guys.

barreleffact
10-28-2008, 03:03 PM
i voted no because on paper everyone is limited except for cp3...however, id like to change my vote. cp3 makes his player sooo much better its unreal. i hate to say that 1 player can make a series but cp3 can simply because he draws out the max from everyone. i see them having problems with the lakers and probably boston, maybe even houston if yao is healthy, but if they get fortunate seeding they could be a surprise

_Supreme_
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
C.Paul=ppg:19.3-apg:10.9-spg:2.8
T.Chandler=ppg:16.2-rpg:11.5-bpg:2.7
D.West=ppg:15.6-rpg:rpg:9.9
P.Stojakovic=ppg:14.9
J.Posey=ppg:10.7-spg:1.9

West averaged 20 ppg last year, and there is no reason why he couldn't average 18/20 ppg again.

Chandler isn't going to average more points than West, but if he could up his 12 from last year a bit that would be a good start. He should still be the 4th option of offense.

LAKERS 24/7
10-28-2008, 03:09 PM
IMO, I don't think they have enough to beat the Lakers, Houston, Boston, or Detroit.

Tblaze
10-28-2008, 03:18 PM
Remember 2 years ago when every key player got injured? Last year they did alot better when it came to staying healthy.. but I'm afraid they're going to suffer from injurys again. As good as the hornets are when all healthy, I'm not sure if they could cope with 1 or 2 key players out with an injury...

time will tell :)

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 03:23 PM
IMO, I don't think they have enough to beat the Lakers, Houston, Boston, or Detroit.

DETROIT isn't even better than Cleveland anymore. So I don't think they have to worry about them.

Joshtd1
10-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Who knows, but they didnt beat the Spurs last year, and the Spurs werent even at full strength with Manu being injured since the PHX series. I think if they are going to win, Peja is the one that is going to have to play good. CP3 will get his no doubt, and most likely West....but if Peja is shut down they will have a very very very hard time winning.

LAKERS 24/7
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
DETROIT isn't even better than Cleveland anymore. So I don't think they have to worry about them.

Everyone counts Detroit out for good reason because although they are a great team, they never seem to fulfill their potential. If you look at the facts though, they're always right there. Always at the top of the conference, great defense, improved bench, not to mention 6 straight eastern conference finals appearances. I believe this could be the year that they finally make the finals after consecutive disappointing seasons because of the new head coach. Obviously, I could be wrong too.

Vinny642
10-28-2008, 04:10 PM
of course im gonna say yea. we got a superstar in cp3, a star in dwest, a potential star in chandler.we got 3 point shooting and good defense

Ballah0liC1
10-28-2008, 04:32 PM
i would say yes but im a rockets fan

Zefflin
10-28-2008, 06:53 PM
No, they will be very good. But their bench is sorely lacking-not good enough to grab the title.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-28-2008, 07:10 PM
If they are healthy for the entire season and are able to get home court advantage, I think they have a shot. I really cant see them beating the Celtics though. But they are very good none the less

b_rad23
10-28-2008, 07:30 PM
I think if they get a more steady contribution from Mo-Pete they are the class of the west.

Sox Appeal
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM

The same thing was being said about the Pistons coming into each of the last 3 or 4 seasons. But they always prove people wrong, and make it back to the Conference Finals. And I'm sure they'll be heading back there again, due to a much improved bench, and a new coach. Some people forget, the Pistons did give the Celtics a VERY good series last year in the playoffs, but they really wore down because of injuries to Chauncey Billups, and putrid coaching from Flip Saunders.

_Sn1P3r_
10-28-2008, 08:05 PM
They are definitely in the running to win the West.

Sox Appeal
10-28-2008, 08:10 PM
Yes, but they can't afford an injury to any of their key guys.

Yeah, I'm thinking the same thing as you. There's obviously tons of talent on this Hornets roster, and the acquisition of James Posey is only going to make them better. Also, Chris Paul is obviously one of the best players in the NBA, but he's already had some injury problems in his short career. And with Jannero Pargo going overseas the Hornets don't really have another player who could step in and replace Paul if he would go down. Tyson Chandler is another one of their players who's had injury problems. He was able to stay healthy last season, but he does have a history of injuries that effected him when he was with the Bulls. So if either Chandler, or Paul go down for any amount of significant time, I think the Hornets chances of winning a Championship would go down the drain.

Fireworld
10-28-2008, 08:28 PM
they have enough, but other teams have more.

superkegger
10-28-2008, 09:06 PM
They absolutely have enough. its just a matter of how the chips fall....

Illuminati
10-28-2008, 09:34 PM
hello no they still soft

FlawlessKB24
10-28-2008, 09:51 PM
they needed an injury free chandler, Peja, a breakout year from West, and a superb Chris Paul to even get into the second round.
Now to be fair, Chris Paul is the best PG and the league and to think he wont do what he did last year is obsurd. he will probably be better.
i'm still not sold that Peja/Chandler/West/even Paul will be injury free all season.
other than Posey, their bench is pretty weak. The duel PG system the ran a lot last year isnt there any more with Pargo gone.
i'm not sold on them at all. the hornets love fest and all those apart of it will be disapponted.

Raidaz4Life
10-28-2008, 09:54 PM
easily... they are probably the team I am worried about most in the Western Conference

hdxstunts1
10-28-2008, 10:01 PM
They had enough to win it last year, everyone has enough to win it this year but a handfull of teams. It all depends on match-ups!

dre1990
10-28-2008, 11:12 PM
No, they dont have a chance to make the WCF IMAO

DreamShaker
10-28-2008, 11:16 PM
I think they can....but I would still say the Celts will probably win it all again....

DreamShaker
10-28-2008, 11:18 PM
A guy I didn't see anyone mention is Julian Wright....I think he can and will have a breakout season....

Lakersfan2483
10-29-2008, 03:33 AM
The Hornets have a great core of young stars and Chris Paul is the best point guard in the league, but I don't think they have enough talent to beat the Lakers or a healthy Rockets' team. You can't count out San Antonio and Utah as well.

The main issues with the Hornets are their lack of depth on the bench and the fact that they don't have a better shooting guard. Mo Pete is a serviceable guard as is Posey, but they don't have enough firepower at that critical position. I like D. West and Chandler down low, but they don't have much depth in their frontcourt.

ho_va2006
10-29-2008, 04:12 AM
nope!

JayW_1023
10-29-2008, 05:45 AM
I think they can...I've picked them to at least get the leagues best record this season. CP3 will only get better and he has a nice core of experienced vets around him so I don't see why the Hornets won't be able to win the whole thing.

bigmac8675
10-29-2008, 06:04 AM
I think they do.... but its gonna be a tough road in the western conference.

JordansBulls
10-29-2008, 08:41 AM
I think they can...I've picked them to at least get the leagues best record this season. CP3 will only get better and he has a nice core of experienced vets around him so I don't see why the Hornets won't be able to win the whole thing.

That's a bold prediction. I think out west you may need HCA to make it out barring you are a good home team.

michaellui11
10-29-2008, 09:36 AM

i disagree
detroit is still one of the best teams in the east

Also i dont think hornets have enough to win it all yet because ron artest just went to houston and he plays very well there, fits in the team, great team-mates, ex-coach is with him, hornets doesnt even have the ability to be them. And the lakers..? i don't even wanna mention hornets

hornets are at least<boston, detroit, lakers, houston
maybe even utah

hornets are very talented but they are still young, give them just 1 year and they'll beat everyone. they also need a pf or c that can put up more stats or west and chandler get more stats up there boys!!

Vinny642
10-29-2008, 04:03 PM
dam still got doubters

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-29-2008, 04:48 PM
dam still got doubters

Of course the Hornets are going to have doubters. Are you surprised? The Celtics even have doubters. Do you think the Hornets are better than the Celtics? The Lakers and the Rockets have doubters. Are the Hornets better than them? At least they are not on paper. I'm not saying the Hornets could not beat any of those teams, just pointing out even the best teams have people who doubt their abilities.

ARMIN12NBA
10-29-2008, 05:39 PM
There bench is awful. Unless West and Chandler have great enough stamina to play 45+ MPG and are able to keep it up for an entire season and playoffs then I say there is no way. They have no front-court depth whatsoever. How can they compete with the Lakers bringing LO off the bench or Rockets bringing Landry off the bench or the Jazz with Millsap? I can see their bench losing a lot of leads during this season.