PDA

View Full Version : Rick Kalma: Bold Predictions

BkOriginalOne
10-28-2008, 01:41 PM
1. Kevin Durrant will average 25ppg
2. Ron Artest wins DPOY
3. Wade Plays 75 games
4. Amare wins scoring Title (an all start game MVP)
5. Cavs defeat Hornets in NBA finals

I can see Ron artest winning DPOY and maybe even Amare getting the scoring title with Lebron and Kobe getting more help this season. But I'm not sold on Durrant, maybe 23ppg. I can't see Wade playing 75, maybe 70. Number 5 seems like he is writing off the lakers and boston.

Wilson
10-28-2008, 02:01 PM
2. Ron Artest wins DPOY
3. Wade Plays 75 games

I can see Ron artest winning DPOY and maybe even Amare getting the scoring title with Lebron and Kobe getting more help this season. But I'm not sold on Durrant, maybe 23ppg. I can't see Wade playing 75, maybe 70. Number 5 seems like he is writing off the lakers and boston.

None of them are bold, except maybe number 5. Even so, it's conceivable, since the Cavs took the Cs to a 7th game, and the Hornets were just as close to the WCFs.

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 02:09 PM
2. Ron Artest wins DPOY
3. Wade Plays 75 games

I'm not sold on the Cavs until I see Mo Williams play for a season with Lebron. Heck with the shortgage of guards in the east he may make the allstar team.

SDBearsFan
10-28-2008, 02:42 PM
Cavs winning the title? Give me a break.

LAKERS 24/7
10-28-2008, 02:47 PM
Cavs won't win, there are too many teams that are better

KiLLA RAiDER
10-28-2008, 03:31 PM
How bout this BOLD PREDICTION! Lakers win Finals!:sigh:

KiLLA RAiDER
10-28-2008, 03:32 PM
:cool:

LAKERS 24/7
10-28-2008, 03:41 PM
:cool:

who is that girl... :drool:

king4day
10-28-2008, 04:02 PM
2. Ron Artest wins DPOY
3. Wade Plays 75 games

That's the finals I picked.
Don't know about Amare winning the scoring title as Lebron and Kobe (and maybe Wade), at least, will do better.
Artest winning DPOY wouldn't surprise anyone, but on a good defensive team like Houston, he may become an afterthought to total team defense.

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 04:27 PM
How bout this BOLD PREDICTION! Lakers win Finals!:sigh:

Do you know what a bold prediction is?

It means something that most people do not expect to happen that has a chance of happening. Most people consider the Lakers favorites this year. So them winning isn't a Bold Prediction.

ttam68
10-28-2008, 06:24 PM
Link to the article? Or is that it?

Wilson
10-28-2008, 06:40 PM
That's the finals I picked.
Don't know about Amare winning the scoring title as Lebron and Kobe (and maybe Wade), at least, will do better.

I don't know. Kobe's scoring was down last season with the emergence of Bynum, and then the addition of Pau. With both those guys playing now, and Phil Jackson saying he wants to cut down Kobe's minutes a bit, I wouldn't expect anymore scoring titles for him.

LeBron and Wade also have some more help this year, with the additions of Mo Williams and Michael Beasley. Obviously, Matt Barnes and Shaq will be able to help Amare, and Nash is capable of scoring if they struggle, but I think Amare is going to see enough of the ball to compete with LeBron and Wade.

Artest winning DPOY wouldn't surprise anyone, but on a good defensive team like Houston, he may become an afterthought to total team defense.

Well the Celtics played great team defense last season, and Garnett got the award, so I would expect Artest to get it if the Rockets have a top 3 defense.

Do you know what a bold prediction is?

It means something that most people do not expect to happen that has a chance of happening. Most people consider the Lakers favorites this year. So them winning isn't a Bold Prediction.

I think KiLLA RAiDER was being sarcastic...

goku
10-28-2008, 06:46 PM
I don't know. Kobe's scoring was down last season with the emergence of Bynum, and then the addition of Pau. With both those guys playing now, and Phil Jackson saying he wants to cut down Kobe's minutes a bit, I wouldn't expect anymore scoring titles for him.

LeBron and Wade also have some more help this year, with the additions of Mo Williams and Michael Beasley. Obviously, Matt Barnes and Shaq will be able to help Amare, and Nash is capable of scoring if they struggle, but I think Amare is going to see enough of the ball to compete with LeBron and Wade.

Well the Celtics played great team defense last season, and Garnett got the award, so I would expect Artest to get it if the Rockets have a top 3 defense.

I think KiLLA RAiDER was being sarcastic...

rockets always has a top 3 defense :eyebrow:

ARMIN12NBA
10-28-2008, 07:56 PM
Cavs winning the title? Give me a break.

It's Rick Kamla. The guy is a complete joke. He slurps up the Cavs more than he hates on the Lakers (Bryant is only the 12th best guard in the league, really?).

_Sn1P3r_
10-28-2008, 08:08 PM
The only concern is 5 but I think the other 4 are pretty achievable.