PDA

View Full Version : Game 1: Nuggets 94 @ 98 Jazz - Karl: "Only in Utah"

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 11:09 AM
"I have no idea (if the lane violation was the right call).
It's only in Utah.
They violate the lane and they push and shove.
They're the best free-throw-rebounding team because
they cheat the line all the time, and we get
a call that cost us the game."
-George Karl (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/29/nuggets-lose-season-opener-jazz/?partner=RSS)

http://img391.imageshack.us/img391/2412/nugsaltscripskylinebannwv1.png

SEASON OPENER

October 29th, 9:00pm ET, EnergySolutions Arena

PREVIEW (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/preview?gameId=281029026)

http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/RareNBALogos/Denver.png http://i172.photobucket.com/albums/w34/RareNBALogos/Utah.png?t=1225201479

Denver Nuggets (http://prosportsdaily.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404065.html) @ Utah Jazz (http://prosportsdaily.sportsdirectinc.com/basketball/nba-teams.aspx?page=/data/nba/teams/team404031.html)

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/5696/nuggetsstarting5bannerqe1.png
http://img233.imageshack.us/img233/2535/denverdepthbb9.png

http://img363.imageshack.us/img363/4757/utahstarting5bannerbg9.png
http://img356.imageshack.us/img356/3219/utahdepthpe0.png

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/3070/NugsPartialLogo-sigsize.gif

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 11:11 AM
(Game thread incomplete - mine are still a work in progress - anyone with graphic arts skillz who wants to help, plz contact me via pm)

--------------------------

Ahhhhhhhhh, the regular season is here. :)

Cheers, everyone :cheers:

And of course, GO NUGGETS!!!

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-28-2008, 11:42 AM
LMAO @ Deron thinking it's going to be easier to play the Nuggets because we don't have Camby no more.......Yet, he fails to realize we got a more aggressive offensive and defensive Center, who's not afraid to use his body....It's up to NENE to prove critics wrong....

With Deron out, I think Nuggets have a chance...But Nuggets haven't did good in Utahs stadium...My expectations aren't too high for this game....But with Melo on the court, we are going to be a force....I CAN FEEL IT.

Tisoykeis
10-28-2008, 02:29 PM
Isn't Melo suspended for Wednesday nights game?

If so, that changes things. If Melo and AI play, I like Denver's chances to make it a close game because the Jazz will be playing without Deron Williams.

However, if Melo is not playing, then I think it will be very hard for Denver to come out of SLC with a win.

C-Dub
10-28-2008, 03:40 PM
melo is out, i believe

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-28-2008, 06:26 PM
Melo out
DWill out
----------

As long as AI is in. We got this dub.

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 07:21 PM
Melo's suspension forcing Nuggets' hand

A week ago, Nuggets coach George Karl said it was "likely" that Dahntay Jones would start the first two games at small forward in place of the suspended Carmelo Anthony. But after Tuesday's practice, Karl said he was unsure whether he'd go with Jones or Linas Kleiza.

Karl said he's debating on what tone he'd like to set at the start of the game Jones is more defensive-minded, Kleiza offensive-minded. The coach will make a decision tomorrow, prior to the season-opener at Utah.

Anthony was suspended for two games to start the season after a DUI arrest last April.

Karl also brought up an interesting point about playing time, which follows the theme of his training camp defense.

The coach was asked if having Anthony, Allen Iverson and J.R. Smith on the floor in the fourth quarter was the best strategy, because those are the three most-potent offensive players on his roster.

"A.I., J.R. and Melo, huh," Karl said. "You're not seeing it the way I'm seeing it. Those three on the court together have yet to prove to me they can cover (defensively). The commitment has gotten better, but I don't want to get in shootouts that we got into last year. They can score but can they defend? My desire is to balance the game seriously at both ends of the court and not allow them that freedom and openness because we're playing a shootout mentality. Last year, that could beat a lot of teams, but couldn't beat the big-time teams."

It's hard to fathom the Nuggets not playing Iverson and Anthony in the fourth quarter, which thus brings up questions about Smith's crunch-time playing time. denverpost (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10837766?source=rss)

C-Dub
10-28-2008, 07:53 PM
i think unless smith is having a huge game, he is better in the 2nd and 3rd quarter anyway, i actually think he should start in place of AC after halftime like he did last season that one or couple times.

PS: awesome game thread Den!:up:

IBleedPurple
10-28-2008, 10:09 PM
Harpring is out also, not that he matters as much as Deron Williams or Melo.

Division games matter a lot, and I expect a big game from the big guys.

BRAVE KID
10-28-2008, 10:36 PM
I feel we have the edge here, still have AI and have J.R those two can make things happen..not to mention to other role players such as LK, K-mart, Nene. I feel we are ready to prove we want to play D, should be exciting, and hope they don't dissapoint me.

DenButsu
10-28-2008, 11:57 PM
article about Williams and Harpring not playing (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/news.aspx?id=4187830)
------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing we'll see K-Mart on Okur (who really has more of a perimeter game than a true center's game), and Nene on Boozer. Nice challenge for our frontcourt defense. My biggest concern is Kyle Korver. I hope to see Balkman sent in to cover him. I think that's a good mismatch on the other end, too. I don't think Korver has the lateral quickness to match Renaldo's athleticism and stop him from getting to the basket. Karl said a few days ago he'd start Dahntay in Melo's place, but now he's saying he might go with LK instead.

All I know is I want JR to play 30 minutes.

I think this should be a really competitive game. If we could steal this win in their house, it would just be a fantastic start to the season.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-29-2008, 01:56 AM
Should I start TJ Ford or JR in my fantasy league??

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 04:46 AM
I don't know, but I think JR will get more points while TJ will get more dimes, and the rest should pretty much be a wash.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:27 AM
Karl had several "nightmares" during the summer.

There was the trading of Marcus Camby to the Clippers.

There was Eduardo Najera bolting to New Jersey as a free agent.

Then the schedule came out.

"I was probably depressed," he said.

But while Karl, because of the acquisitions of Chris Andersen and Balkman, eventually felt not as bad about the losses, he still has to deal with the schedule.

The Nuggets face one of their most rigorous opening-season stretches in recent memory. Six of their first nine games are on the road, including one at defending champion Boston. November features two games against the Los Angeles Lakers and dates with Cleveland, Houston and New Orleans.

"If you look at our schedule, you'd have some nightmares," Karl said. "That doesn't mean we can't win games that we're supposedly not going to win. . . . (The Nuggets) might be 9-9 at the end of November, which some people might go, 'Oh, they're no good.' To me, it's how we're going to play. It's not necessarily the record early in the season."

It also doesn't help that forward Carmelo Anthony is out tonight and Friday because of a two-game suspension. Anthony, who isn't traveling with the team, will have a wisdom tooth removed today but said that won't affect him when he returns for Saturday's home opener against the Lakers.

Kleiza or Jones

It has occurred to Karl that Kleiza had a 41-point game last season starting against Utah.

Karl said last week he expected Dahntay Jones to replace Anthony as a starter because of his defense. He now says it will be Jones or Kleiza.

"When you watch the video, you watch that 'LK' had a lot of success last year against Utah," he said.

Kleiza, who averaged 19 points last season against the Jazz, doesn't care if he starts.

While the Nuggets won't have Anthony, Utah will be without guard Deron Williams because of a sprained ankle.

ETC.

* Karl isn't optimistic about offensive-oriented players Anthony, Allen Iverson and J.R. Smith being on the court together a lot in the near future. "Those three on the court together right now have yet to prove to me they can cover (on defense)," said Karl, adding he doesn't want to get into shootout games similar to last season. "They can score, but can they defend? My desire is to balance the game seriously at both ends."

* Camby's chances of playing Friday against his old team remain in doubt. Because of a bruised heel, the Clippers' big man is doubtful for their opener tonight against the Lakers.rocky (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/28/nuggets-report-rugged-start/?partner=RSS)

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 12:23 PM
Links in top post updated. Injury info, stats, etc available at team links.

Nugget Tony
10-29-2008, 01:12 PM
IM BACK!!!!!!!

So my hiatus from the forums are over.....I bet your all dissapointed....

Tonight should be a great game....

I'll reserve all comment, ideas, gripes and appluase until after the game....

I wanna start this season off fresh.....with No Oppinions....an open mind....and no Melo bashing at the start....

So saying that..

GAME ON!!!!!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 01:14 PM
melo being suspended, not worried at all, denver had enough fire power.. i'm just excited to see how Denver's big man will play

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 01:28 PM
IM BACK!!!!!!!

So my hiatus from the forums are over.....I bet your all dissapointed....

Not at all, welcome back.

And be sure to read my latest blog. You'll love it. :smoking:

Nugget Tony
10-29-2008, 03:05 PM
Not at all, welcome back.

And be sure to read my latest blog. You'll love it. :smoking:

Great blog....I couldnt have said it better....I hope your right.....I'll be the first to appluad you if you are......and I wont even spit it in your face if your wrong.....because we are fans of the same team......were comrades....(Even if Im not voting for Obama...LOL) Im not voting for McCain either......but thats besides the point.....

The point is....we want to see are team Win It All.....and our best shot at the title is with a Superstar Carmelo Anthony leading us there....

So I hope this is the year.....

broncsnugzbrave
10-29-2008, 04:50 PM
I am wet with anticipation...!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

C-Dub
10-29-2008, 05:15 PM
umm, idk how to interperet that, lol

MELO 15
10-29-2008, 05:42 PM
Great blog....I couldnt have said it better....I hope your right.....I'll be the first to appluad you if you are......and I wont even spit it in your face if your wrong.....because we are fans of the same team......were comrades....(Even if Im not voting for Obama...LOL) Im not voting for McCain either......but thats besides the point.....

The point is....we want to see are team Win It All.....and our best shot at the title is with a Superstar Carmelo Anthony leading us there....

So I hope this is the year..... :cool: Guess who's also back? Yes it feels good to know that the regular season is back. You know, I just wanted to start a forum on who wich players you would compare today's superstars to, and I might just do that. To start off Melo reminds me very much of Barkely and Bernard combined, leaning more toward bernard though, what do you think :D

Mets4Life101
10-29-2008, 06:02 PM
AI droppin 30 pts!

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Catch me at tonights game!!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: CMON Denver lets get this dub!!!!!!!!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 07:18 PM
let's go! DENVER!! i hope i could watch the game... i don't have a tv here..im at work..

SlvrNblckAttck
10-29-2008, 07:54 PM
anyone know where i can watch the game online?? PM me if so. The more detailed the better.Thanks.

IBleedPurple
10-29-2008, 08:01 PM
article about Williams and Harpring not playing (http://www.sportsnetwork.com/merge/tsnform.aspx?c=sportsnetwork&page=nba/news/news.aspx?id=4187830)
------------------------------------------------------

I'm guessing we'll see K-Mart on Okur (who really has more of a perimeter game than a true center's game), and Nene on Boozer. Nice challenge for our frontcourt defense. My biggest concern is Kyle Korver. I hope to see Balkman sent in to cover him. I think that's a good mismatch on the other end, too. I don't think Korver has the lateral quickness to match Renaldo's athleticism and stop him from getting to the basket. Karl said a few days ago he'd start Dahntay in Melo's place, but now he's saying he might go with LK instead.

All I know is I want JR to play 30 minutes.

I think this should be a really competitive game. If we could steal this win in their house, it would just be a fantastic start to the season.

:clap: Agree with all of that.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Kleiza to start tonight vs. Jazz

Linas Kleiza will start in tonight's the Nuggets' season opener at Utah, in place of small forward Carmelo Anthony, who is suspended for the first two games of the season because of his DUI arrest in April.

Denver coach George Karl seriously considered reserve Dahntay Jones for the starting spot, but Karl decided he wants the defensive-minded Jones to come off the bench to guard Utah's sharp-shooting reserve Kyle Korver.

Kleiza did score 41 points last season in a game against Utah (at Pepsi Center), but Karl said that game had no bearing on the decision to start Kleiza against the Jazz tonight. It is not certain whether Kleiza will start Denver's next game, Friday at the Los Angeles Clippers. Denver then returns to the Pepsi Center for Saturday's home opener against the Los Angeles Lakers.

At Wednesday's shootaround, Kleiza reiterated that his representation group is "close" to working out a contract with the Nuggets brass that will keep Kleiza with Denver until 2013. The deadline for a deal is Friday, otherwise Kleiza is a restricted free agent next summer.post (http://www.denverpost.com/nuggets/ci_10846600?source=rss)

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 08:21 PM
AC
AI
LK
K-mart
Nene

I suppose. Still think we have a pretty good shot at taking this, defense and smart possesions is the game. Lets start the season off on a high note, everyone is writing off the Nugs boy it would be nice to shut them up.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
Nuggets basketball!! Can you feel it!!!

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 08:23 PM
More on that from the rmn (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/29/kleiza-get-start-nuggets-opener-utah/?partner=RSS):

“I like Dahntay Jones covering (Kyle) Korver,’’ Karl said of the Utah sharpshooter who plays in a reserve role. “That was the decision.’’

Karl said it remains to be seen who will start Friday against the Clippers in the second of the two games Anthony will miss.

“Whether starting or coming off the bench, I feel comfortable playing both roles,’’ Kleiza said. “It’s an opportunity. I’m definitely glad to get a start.’’

Kleiza is expected to sign by Friday’s deadline a contract extension, which would begin next season and has been reported to be worth about $25 million over four years.

“I think it’s close,’’ Kleiza said Wednesday after Denver's morning shootaround. “I’m focused on the game right now. That’s definitely not on my mind… All that contract stuff and all that, I’m definitely not going to be thinking about that tonight or today. I’m definitely glad it’s going the right way, though.’’

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 08:25 PM
AC
AI
LK
K-mart
Nene

I suppose. Still think we have a pretty good shot at taking this, defense and smart possesions is the game. Lets start the season off on a high note, everyone is writing off the Nugs boy it would be nice to shut them up.

Karl wants to put Dahntay on Korver... I wonder if we'll see a full-on scramble squad out there, with Dahntay-Balk-Birdman

II KB KG II
10-29-2008, 08:45 PM
any body have a working link

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 08:51 PM
i wish this game is a blowout!! on our side ofcourse ;)

II KB KG II
10-29-2008, 08:51 PM
link//

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 08:55 PM
just as clueless as you buddy..I'm sure most of us are trying to find a link, if somebody finds it I think they are going to post it, no point in bugging for one.

TheFuture6
10-29-2008, 09:02 PM
:(

Yeah, if someone finds a link post it up. I can't find one.

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:06 PM
wow, espn favors the jazz by 77%...geez not giving us a chance at all

II KB KG II
10-29-2008, 09:07 PM
Link

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:10 PM
look for it yourself.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:11 PM
:(

Yeah, if someone finds a link post it up. I can't find one.

Or... pm them to each other. :cool:

(mods are supposed to delete those links)

(this message will self destruct in 10 minutes)

TheFuture6
10-29-2008, 09:12 PM
I'm convinced there is none.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:13 PM
well, jazz is always the favorite hahaha, even last season

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:15 PM
okay it's game time!!

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:19 PM
for those who can watch the game, if you can give a little report or something on how the defense is doing.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
for those who can watch the game, if you can give a little report or something on how the defense is doing.

+1

I've got my audio workin' now.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:20 PM
a.i. looks fine

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:21 PM
box out guys... thats a 4point play

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:32 PM
nene shows the kind of offense he has, that camby lacks

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:34 PM
"Nene is having his way down low with the Utah Jazz!"
-announcer

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
"the Birdman comes in"

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:35 PM
3/4 shooting-- nene-->1st quarter

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
+1

I've got my audio workin' now.
+2??

It seems we are having trouble rebounding the ball, wayyy to many offensive rebounds for the jazz.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:36 PM
bozzer should be stopped

TheFuture6
10-29-2008, 09:38 PM
Nene with 8 points already. Nice!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:39 PM
pls shoot those ft's

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:40 PM
dahntay is stepping up!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:41 PM
put the jazz!! on foul trouble!! attack!attack!attack!

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:42 PM
Nice steal by JR... to AI for 2! :clap:

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
9:43am here, and i'm enjoying the game :)

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:43 PM
not bad at all 28-27 utah after 1. got to work on those rebounds, keep giving them 2nd chance points. maybe we can adjust. poor AI he has to be in there all the time...of course he is probably use to it

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM
end of first quarter.. 27-28.. utah leads

cmellofan15
10-29-2008, 09:45 PM
Link please!!!!!

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
It seems we are having trouble rebounding the ball, wayyy to many offensive rebounds for the jazz.

It's going to take a few weeks I think for the team to really get used to Camby not being there to crash the boards, and to get into their own, new rebounding rhythms and motions.

1st Q rebounds: den 8, uta 11

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:46 PM
denver is outrebounded by 11-8

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:47 PM
birdman blocks!!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:49 PM
birdman rocks the offensive rebounds

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:50 PM
nice D, forcing 24shotclock to expire and force utah for a 3second violation

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 09:51 PM
j.R settling for the jump shots I suppose, that is quickly going to have him disliked by karl

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 09:57 PM
jrsmith for 3!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:06 PM
coast to coast attempts are risky..but denver is doing good with it

TheFuture6
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
I feel sick. I'm watching the Spurs/Suns play instead of the Nuggets on opening night. :pity:

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 10:09 PM
Dahntay Jones airball :cry:

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:14 PM
i'm tuned in to nba.com audio league pass.... it's okay.... a bit hahaha

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:16 PM
halftime 46-50 utah leads

TheFuture6
10-29-2008, 10:16 PM
Why does Nene have 2 attempts from just within the 3 point line?

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:17 PM
whhhhhooooaaaaaahhhhhh!!! oden to miss 2 to 4 weeks...

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:24 PM
denver----utah
points 46 50
rebounds 17 23
asts 9 10
blks 0 2
TO 7 6
PF 13 10
stl 5 2

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 10:34 PM
Meh, Nene needs to make his free throws.

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Wow...down by 12 and they're calling all the fouls on Nene x.x

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:42 PM
tsk tsk tsk......

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 10:43 PM
well..utah starting to pull away..not sure if we can make a run, but we have got to make something happen if we even want to believe we have a shot.

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 10:47 PM
when we stop them we can't score, when we score we can't stop them...no way we are going to win this game if that continues.

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 10:48 PM
we kind to need to hit the free throws as well

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 10:50 PM
a balkman sighting..just took him until the end of the 3rd to put him in there.

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 10:52 PM
Wow Chris Anderson in the last few seconds of the 3rd quarter O_O.

broncsnugzbrave
10-29-2008, 10:53 PM
The D is looking up just need to learn to turn it into points on the other end. I like the way we are playing team D instead of just relying on Marcus to play D for the whole team.

BRAVE KID
we have some life now, after AK-47 hit that 3 I thought we were done. made a little run at the end 75-67 utah going into the 4th.

J.R + penetration into the paint = points.

Tian Tian Boy
chris andersen is the only golden nugget i see (3rd qtr)..........

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 10:54 PM
We really need one or two more pure shooters.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 10:55 PM
LK 0-5
Dahntay 1-5

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 10:57 PM
We really need one or two more pure shooters.or just need Melo. Smith and LK don't have their shots going..on the otherhand the D isn't looking that bad.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:57 PM
here we go, let's show some heart!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 10:59 PM
down by 6

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:04 PM
showing some life..

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
Even if we don't end up pulling this one out, I'm really, really glad to see we didn't just roll over and let it get away after getting down so far earlier...

And AC for 3!?! Nugs w/in 2?!?

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:06 PM
What's going on everybody...

How do you like our new players. I think we are doing good considering we don't have Melo, but i really am not too excited about our front court.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
this the carter from the heat era!! hahaha

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:07 PM
It sounds like we could have a pretty good team once we learn how to play well together.

TIE! Nice Balkman...

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
balkman and andersen, keeps on reviving the nugz!! hahaha

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:08 PM
Wow carter hit a 3. LK airballs 2 3's lmao...sit down.

Finally after 6 minutes we're finally tied again.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:10 PM
What's going on everybody...

How do you like our new players. I think we are doing good considering we don't have Melo, but i really am not too excited about our front court.

I think our front court is gonna be fine. Playing without Camby for the first time in years, Nene (for all practical purposes) playing for the first time in a year and a half, 3 new players, Melo sitting out. There's no way we go into this season with everything looking all pretty from the get go. There will be a 4-6 week period of adjustment, learning the system, learning to mesh, getting rotations and lineups down. Once that stuff settles and sinks in, we've got a lot of talent and depth there, I think.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
i cant believe boozer got away with that.......

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:11 PM
Sounds like Boozer has been getting away with murder in this game. Foul called on Nene, not called on Boozer, foul called on JR, not called on Boozer - that's what I've been hearing on the radio all game anyhow.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:13 PM
I hope George Karl was paying very close attention there when JR made the heady play and then AC made two unforced errors.

Remember who deserves the minutes, Karl.

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:14 PM
Ac needs to take care of the ball. Lets go

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:14 PM
****ing bench AC already Karl you obstinate mother****er.

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
Sounds like Utah's really getting ref favoritism now.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:15 PM
what's that refs!!!

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:17 PM
same old scenario.. ref's sucks whenever we battle utah

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
Carter really is wasting body space right now, but hey he might hit the game winner....

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:21 PM
nice referees...whoooaaaaaahhhhhhh

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:22 PM
Omg down by 4 with a minute T_T. OMG THANK GOD HE STEPPED OUT OF BOUNDS. Wow..they're not counting Nene's shot WTF...This is so biased.

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:23 PM
Boozer is abusing our players....Rediculous.

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:24 PM
Come on, Boozer didn't even have the ball and we get called for the foul.

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
WOW if kleiza got that 3 we would have tied.

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:26 PM
Lk tv!!!

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:28 PM
I'm really starting to dislike boozer

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:28 PM

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:29 PM
Well this is like the final play =.=..down by 3 with 19 seconds to go. JR smith ftw!! =/.

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 11:30 PM
damn. got to make the three. who is going to be the hero?

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:31 PM
You have to be kidding me, Korver misses, but we get a lane violation.

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM
Lane violation MY ***. Biased refs. Sigh...Please make the 3 JR.

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 11:32 PM
I could of sworn gamecast said korver missed free throw 2 of 2...damn you yahoo gamecast

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 11:33 PM
Lane violation MY ***. Biased refs. Sigh...Please make the 3 JR.ah never mind them. refs out to get us already??

Kohaku
10-29-2008, 11:34 PM
Sigh......kenyon martin for 3 =/. Gg guys...screw Jazz.

mgthompson
10-29-2008, 11:35 PM
KMart for 3......Wow......

BRAVE KID
how the hell did martin end up with the shot??

Tian Tian Boy
get the refs investigated hahaha

Tian Tian Boy
10-29-2008, 11:37 PM
nice team effort. next time we'll have the W's

BRAVE KID
10-29-2008, 11:39 PM
eh I'm not worried, I am mostly pleased with the way we played..the defense wasn't that bad..offense could have been better, it seems as though the Jazz got calls going their way (no shock there). Not bad at all, we'll get them next time. I hope we can rebound from this and take a win against the clippers

Nugget Tony
10-29-2008, 11:40 PM
Wow....Some missed calls.....We had our opportunities...

We played well....Took some bad shots....#1 bieng that KMart 3 at the end....C'mon that ball has to be in JR's or Kliezas hands there....or AI even....but not KMarts.

So I walked out of the room down 7 or so...and came back in and we were tying it up....Damn what did I miss....

I do know tho that AC sucks....he is a scrub....

To bad we lost...I see promising things for our Nuggs this year tho guys.....

We are a good team....

DenButsu
10-29-2008, 11:47 PM
I'm really starting to dislike boozer

You're a few years late.

DJiC
10-30-2008, 12:14 AM
dumb we shouldve beat them hands down we were down by like 10 from what i saw on yahoo sports...and we handed them the lead again time after time and eventually nene fouled boozer with 50seconds left honostly why do that? we need to reevaluate our team and get rid of atkins/carter/hunter and get some real pgs in here

denversgm
10-30-2008, 12:15 AM
sorry to bring this up now but damit did anybody see what mario chalmers did!

BRAVE KID
10-30-2008, 12:19 AM
this game was nothing to hang your head on, played much better than I thought we would..sure could of done a better job on offense but hell we looked to be out of it we came back but was just short...this is probably the best I am ever going to feel about a lost and in our division as well.

Nugget Tony
10-30-2008, 01:00 AM
Jesus Christ this is a board, judgements are meant to be questioned, I can quote whoever the hell I want whenever the hell I want. If I don't agree with someone I am going to tell it to them, don't like it? Tough ****, get over it. Too sensitive get off these boards then. Like I am going to be told what to do just b/c someone doesn't like to be "questioned."

And don't call me "your nig" I am certainly not ignorant like you

Its nice to see someone else rustling feathers.....and not me.....

All I can say is....We are a good team.....tonight showed we have potential to be really really good....

DenButsu
10-30-2008, 02:58 AM
"I have no idea (if the lane violation was the right call). It's only in Utah. They violate the lane and they push and shove. They're the best free-throw-rebounding team because they cheat the line all the time, and we get a call that cost us the game."
-George Karl (http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/oct/29/nuggets-lose-season-opener-jazz/?partner=RSS)

TheFuture6
10-30-2008, 03:02 AM
Strong post deletions.

broncsnugzbrave
10-30-2008, 09:37 AM
I like what we showed tonight gives me great hope. I really felt the call on NENE to foul him out was the biggest blown call of the night. But we are the Nuggets we are "suppose" to lose so the refs just make sure even if we easily could have won the game.

C-Dub
10-30-2008, 10:36 AM
its only the first game, and it was utah, if we know we could have easily won, then just wait until next time when we have melo back (and they have deron) and we will see who wins then. im happy with our performance, but the win would have been really nice. The bucks first game each of the bucks players had like 3 or 4 personals by halftime, and then a lot of them ended up with 5 or fouled out, I was ticked at the refs, looks like the same thing here...just guessing by what you guys are saying

IBleedPurple
10-30-2008, 10:37 AM
Ripoff calls, usually happens against Sloan, because he is like Popovich and whines about every single call, so eventually the refs call the game in their favor.

And with 4.5 seconds left, Kenyon for 3??? WTF

C-Dub
10-30-2008, 10:44 AM
wasnt AI or Kleiza or even AC in to take that shot, Ive only seen kmart make one 3 ever, and that was this preaseason, bt i dont think he should been taking that

GoCubbies65
10-30-2008, 11:02 AM
It looks like everyone is focusing on the lane violation? Why arent you guys talking about all the other **** calls. Nene especially was called for a foul when there was a lose ball and there was barely any contact. There were so many Jazz favored calls its ridiculous; it just felt like no matter what the refs weren't gonna let the nuggets win.

Tian Tian Boy
10-30-2008, 11:27 AM
yah, i dont feel that bad with the loss, denver just fell short and the breaks of the game got the best of the team.. next game against utah, denver will be ready :)

SlowMo
10-30-2008, 11:28 AM
That happens in Utah every year. The first half seems fair, or even slightly favors the visiting team. Then the second half is completely one sided in favor of Utah. It happened both games last year, happened last night, and will happen again next time we're there.

Despite those frustrations, the nuggets overall looked great. K-Mart was good, JR was good, heck even AC was doin well until a few stupid plays in the fourth. The nuggets look so much leaner this year, I remember reading a thread or article a while back about getting the team fast and lean. Dang, K-Mart looks like he lost like 10 or 15 lbs. Still ripped, but no longer got the bowling ball shoulders.

Tisoykeis
10-30-2008, 07:31 PM
Ripoff calls, usually happens against Sloan, because he is like Popovich and whines about every single call, so eventually the refs call the game in their favor.

And with 4.5 seconds left, Kenyon for 3??? WTF

There is a difference between whining and arguing. Sloan definately argues with the officials and disagrees with calls, but what coach doesn't? But you will be hard pressed to ever find a quote from Jerry Sloan where he says the officials cost his team a game, which is what I consider whining.

It's only in Utah.
-George Karl

Wah, wah, wah....George Karls is the one whining about the officials costing his team the game. And for the record, that lane violation did not cost them the game, they lost by 4 points, not 1.

IBleedPurple
10-30-2008, 07:39 PM
wasnt AI or Kleiza or even AC in to take that shot, Ive only seen kmart make one 3 ever, and that was this preaseason, bt i dont think he should been taking that

yeah they were all in, I would've rather had a JR halfcourt shot if necessary

IversonIsKrazy
10-30-2008, 09:10 PM
we lost by 4 away, 2 the team who had the best home record in the league, and it was their home-opener. i expected 2 lose double digits. we gave up less than 100 points, thas another good thing. ai w/ 8 assists. things r lookin alrtie, and could b better.

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-30-2008, 09:16 PM
There is a difference between whining and arguing. Sloan definately argues with the officials and disagrees with calls, but what coach doesn't? But you will be hard pressed to ever find a quote from Jerry Sloan where he says the officials cost his team a game, which is what I consider whining.

It's only in Utah.
-George Karl

Wah, wah, wah....George Karls is the one whining about the officials costing his team the game. And for the record, that lane violation did not cost them the game, they lost by 4 points, not 1.

How you figure??? We was down by two when that lane violation hit...We coulda grabbed the rebound, went down the court, and scored and tied!! And there woulda been no need in foulin any of your players on purpose....Instead the 2nd chance freethrow put yall up by three, and we had to keep foulin from there to stop the time, givin yall free points......Believe me.....Refs made some bad calls, tons of them....This game seemed FIXED for UTAH to win....Mark my words, Nuggets will rule the northwest division this season. We are better then yall!!:clap:

C-Dub
10-30-2008, 09:54 PM
lol, maybe they should talk to tim donhogy or however you spell his name and see if there was some behind the scenes payment going on

Raidaz4Life
10-30-2008, 11:46 PM
It looks like everyone is focusing on the lane violation? Why arent you guys talking about all the other **** calls. Nene especially was called for a foul when there was a lose ball and there was barely any contact. There were so many Jazz favored calls its ridiculous; it just felt like no matter what the refs weren't gonna let the nuggets win.

It seems the Refs are always extremely biased for the Jazz when they are at home

Kohaku
10-31-2008, 12:21 AM

It's only in Utah.
-George Karl

Tell me you honestly don't know what you just said. If the refs were smart enough about the lane violation, we would have had a chance to tie up the game dumbass.

DJiC
10-31-2008, 12:33 AM
well this game is done and over theres a reason why they have the best home record cause refs call everything in their favor...same goes for SA they get some calls going theyre way its the same for every ELITE team boston/lakers/det it happens we just have to play better than the other team even if they are getting calls in their favor....i missed the game but from what i saw kenyon shooting a 3/nene not really being a force and no defense just kills us everytime and will continue to kill us now that we dont have camby our D needs to step up and when melo comes back he needs to assert himself to drop 28-30pts a game and ai needs to drop 20-25 with about 8-10 ast a game

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 12:45 AM
id say smith needs the 20-25 too, plus 4 and 4. AI did have his 8 assists and I bet he averages 7-8 again this season at SG. He gets more than AC everygame pretty much, just move him over!
Well, when Melo comes back I expect the team to play more well rounded, as in he brings a more well rounded player and it takes pressure off of the others to do more, so they will play better and so will he. I think we got the next game without melo, and Ill even go ahead and say that we beat the lakers by around 3 when we play them. i just think we are going to be that good with melo this season.

JAZZNC
10-31-2008, 11:38 AM
Tell me you honestly don't know what you just said. If the refs were smart enough about the lane violation, we would have had a chance to tie up the game dumbass.

That call didn't cost you guys the game. Blaming the refs in a close game is just trying to divert blame from the guys who actually lost the game, the Denver Nuggets and their Coach(s). The refs didn't make them turn the ball over and miss shots. It's not the refs fault you guys didn't hit one or two more shots during the course of the game. I love how there's always an excuse for a team losing to the Jazz, it's either the refs or the "dirty" play or something, it's never that the Jazz were simply the better team on a given night. It was a good game especially considering each team had their respective best player out.

Tisoykeis
10-31-2008, 05:16 PM

You still had a chance to tie up the game dumba$$! All you needed to do is hit a 3 point shot and you decided to let K-Mart shoot it!!!! WTF!!!! Who's the dumba$$?

Also, if you watched the replay, it was a lane violation. He stepped in nearly a full second before Korver shot the ball. Wasn't even close. Can't blame the refs when they make the right call. The nuggets had plenty of opportunities in this game to win, but fell a bit short. You can't blame the loss on a lane violation, its a 48 minute game!!! Quit whining already, its just the first game of the season.

C-Dub
10-31-2008, 09:47 PM
maybe you shouldnt come into our forum anymore dude

SUNDUNDIDIT
10-31-2008, 09:56 PM
You still had a chance to tie up the game dumba$$! All you needed to do is hit a 3 point shot and you decided to let K-Mart shoot it!!!! WTF!!!! Who's the dumba$$?

Also, if you watched the replay, it was a lane violation. He stepped in nearly a full second before Korver shot the ball. Wasn't even close. Can't blame the refs when they make the right call. The nuggets had plenty of opportunities in this game to win, but fell a bit short. You can't blame the loss on a lane violation, its a 48 minute game!!! Quit whining already, its just the first game of the season.

If you WATCHED EVEN more closely....You woulda seen that your UTAH "j"@$$ team was doing the same exact things, but not getting called on....NENE got called for a hook, and overrated BOOZER does the same exact thing and doesn;t get called......Your team was in the lane all night during freethrows....

...And not to mention, the UTAH "j"@$$ never fess up to fouls, they always complain to refs when they get calls against them....Believe me buddy, Denver will finally surpass yall this season...We are better this year and made minor improvements, yall are the same as last year. Bet that up.

IBleedPurple
11-01-2008, 01:55 AM
That call didn't cost you guys the game. Blaming the refs in a close game is just trying to divert blame from the guys who actually lost the game, the Denver Nuggets and their Coach(s). The refs didn't make them turn the ball over and miss shots. It's not the refs fault you guys didn't hit one or two more shots during the course of the game. I love how there's always an excuse for a team losing to the Jazz, it's either the refs or the "dirty" play or something, it's never that the Jazz were simply the better team on a given night. It was a good game especially considering each team had their respective best player out.

Did you and Tisoykeis even watch the game? Boozer could hook and foul Nene whenever he wanted without worrying about a call.

Why?
-because you have an angry coach who whines about EVERY call
-you were at home
-your team was good last season, which usually garners respect from refs the next year.

If you watched the game from an objective point of view, you have to admit that you got WAY more calls. It got a little ridiculous. There was about a 3 minute span in the game where the Jazz had at least 3 or 4 fouls, and none got called. In fact, one got called on Nene during that span, and that was borderline at best.

Maybe the NBA needs to keep Utah happy, since besides the Jazz, the fans don't have much entertainment out there. No good amusement parks, clubs, bars, strip clubs, even liquor stores. Trying to find a place that sells beer in that city is like trying to find a leprechaun in Ireland, it's just a myth. Now go fish in that big salt lake....oh wait, there are no fish :(

C-Dub
11-01-2008, 11:08 AM
thats a good way to put it, lets all be good now b4 we get in trouble, lol.

Tisoykeis
11-01-2008, 11:40 AM
Did you and Tisoykeis even watch the game? Boozer could hook and foul Nene whenever he wanted without worrying about a call.

Why?
-because you have an angry coach who whines about EVERY call
-you were at home
-your team was good last season, which usually garners respect from refs the next year.

If you watched the game from an objective point of view, you have to admit that you got WAY more calls. It got a little ridiculous. There was about a 3 minute span in the game where the Jazz had at least 3 or 4 fouls, and none got called. In fact, one got called on Nene during that span, and that was borderline at best.

Maybe the NBA needs to keep Utah happy, since besides the Jazz, the fans don't have much entertainment out there. No good amusement parks, clubs, bars, strip clubs, even liquor stores. Trying to find a place that sells beer in that city is like trying to find a leprechaun in Ireland, it's just a myth. Now go fish in that big salt lake....oh wait, there are no fish :(

Yea, well given the media reports and incidents that have happened in Denver over the past couple of years, maybe you guys could use a little less clubs, bars, and strip clubs. Wait, wasn't Melo suspended for driving drunk after visiting one of those bars? That worked out well for your nuggets didn't it!

The truth is the foul shots were even and so were the fouls until Denver had to start fouling at the end to stop the clock. The REAL difference was the Jazz outrebounded the nuggets and shot a higher free throw percentage. That was the difference in the game, not a lane violation call.