PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats Waive Jermareo Davidson

GiantYankKnicks
10-27-2008, 11:01 PM
CHARLOTTE BOBCATS WAIVE JERMAREO DAVIDSON

ROSTER NOW STANDS AT 14 PLAYERS

October 27, 2008 – The Charlotte Bobcats today requested waivers on forward Jermareo Davidson. The Bobcats roster now stands at 14 players.

Davidson appeared in three preseason games with averages of 2.0 points, 0.7 rebounds and 1.0 blocked shot in 8.8 minutes.

Originally drafted by Golden State with the 36th overall pick in the 2007 NBA Draft, Davidson’s draft rights were acquired from the Warriors, along with Jason Richardson, in exchange for Brandan Wright, whom the Bobcats selected with the eighth overall pick.

In his rookie season, he appeared in 38 games with averages of 3.2 points and 1.6 rebounds in 8.4 minutes.

Bobcats Sports & Entertainment is the parent company of the Charlotte Bobcats and operates the widely-acclaimed Time Warner Cable Arena.

-bobcats.com-

Edit:
"The Charlotte Bobcats plan to use their open roster spot to sign Linton Johnson, a forward with a strong defensive presence, the Observer has learned."

black1605
10-28-2008, 01:35 AM
i thought we would cut Hollins before Davidson....oh well

DerekRE_3
10-28-2008, 01:45 AM
So did I, I guess this means Andre Brown has a roster spot.

ALong13
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
I thought Jermareo had potential to be a decent PF, but Brown must have seen something in order to cut him...maybe Hollins was learning better? I don't really know...bit Johnson is a nice defensive player who can drive to the basket as well as dunk, when he started some games in NOH & CHI he did pretty good, and I think he could eventually get pushed up over Sean May who I think will continue to fall...