PDA

View Full Version : Will Deron Start in the season opener?

jimbobjarree
10-27-2008, 04:19 PM
"Deron Williams' chances of playing in the Utah Jazz's season-opener against the Denver Nuggets on Wednesday night are looking "doubtful," according to a team spokesperson.Though Williams couldn't participate, veterans Matt Harpring (ankle rehab) and Jarron Collins (triceps tendinitis) practiced today with the Jazz at the Zions Bank Basketball Center. Their status for Game 1, however, is also up in the air.Like Williams, Harpring is considered "doubtful," while Collins is being listed as "day-to-day," the spokesperson said.As for Williams, he did not practice again with the team this morning, but the Jazz point guard continues to rehab his sprained left ankle, which he injured Saturday, Oct. 18, in Chicago.One week ago, Utah's medical staff set a preliminary timetable for Williams' possible return at two weeks. But Williams then said he hoped for a speedier recovery than that, even indicating that playing in the NBA opener was still a possibility.Before practice this morning, coach Jerry Sloan said he is anticipating that Utah Valley product Ronnie Price will be the starting point guard when the Jazz tip off their season Wednesday at EnergySolutions Arena."

Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705258416,00.html)

Will Deron make a spectacular recovery showing his heart and hunger for the game, or will he miss out, and maybe miss a few more?

mcnasty54
10-27-2008, 05:23 PM
I don't think he should risk it, its only the beginning of the season.

jimbobjarree
10-27-2008, 06:52 PM
he doesnt need to play, but if theres any chance, he will....which could be a bad thing

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2008, 08:44 PM
I don't think he should risk it, its only the beginning of the season.

Risk it.... If you had 5 millions dollar ankles such as Willie, you wouldn't be just "risking it"

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-27-2008, 08:45 PM
Deseret (http://deseretnews.com/article/1,5143,705258416,00.html)

Will Deron make a spectacular recovery showing his heart and hunger for the game, or will he miss out, and maybe miss a few more?

DWill has no heart or hunger for the game if he doesn't play? :bs:

AK-47
10-27-2008, 08:53 PM
gotta go with "without a paddle". :D

sportsnutzz
10-27-2008, 11:42 PM
gotta go with "without a paddle". :D

:laugh: I thought the same thing when I read that...... I love that movie :D

And he is not going to play, I think he will come back AS SOON as he can but not the first game.

THE_FLASH_21
10-28-2008, 05:54 PM
he shouldn't...and probably wont!!!

jimbobjarree
10-28-2008, 06:13 PM
he ran today and took some shots!!!!

sportsnutzz
10-28-2008, 09:01 PM
1320 Kfan said he will not play against the nuggets today on the radio, but is probable Saturday :D:clap: