PDA

View Full Version : Lets just say this guy goes down.

TMAC94
10-27-2008, 04:45 AM
okay first of all dont move this to the rockets forum because i want NBA fans in general too answer this. okay lets say Yao Ming goes down and the rockets reach the WCF and lose. Do we blame tmac? im asking this coz everyseason yao gets injuried but somehow its all on tmac? he plays better in playoffs i mean he avarged 27 8 and 7 i think last season in the playoffs but the blame was still on tmac? yao was injuried for the 3rd season in a row but the blames on the tmac? if this happens do we trade tmmac? or try our chances with yao ming?

USMCLaker
10-27-2008, 05:37 AM
I think the Rockets will be a contender this year and a team to watch. I don't believe that they should make any moves this is a solid team when healthy and their defense just got much better. The injury bug affects every team however, it has seemed to hit the Rockets more severely in the last few years. I think when healthy the Rockets will be hard to beat. Maybe this is the year that they stay healthy, who knows but one thing is for sure I don't think that they have figured out how to use Yao but when they do watch out.

sp1derm00
10-27-2008, 06:45 AM
hrmmm...

the rockets won 22 games in a row... the latter part of that streak without Yao and despite being against generally weaker teams... they did play some strong teams and some teams that just didn't want to let their streak continue. they were good without yao... they didn't make it out of the first round again.

this year, the rockets have artest and even though he can be a psycho... the man will do anything to not lose a game. if yao is out, tmac is in, artest is in, and they have been doing well throughout the year (aka, artest doesn't destroy the team chemistry)... its GOTTA be on Tmac.

Tmac's record won't lie just like Carmelo's wont.

Melo = consecutive first round exits.

Melo gets AI, the man who single handedly took his 76ers to the Finals and took a game from the unstoppable (that year) duo of Kobe and Shaq... and still, he's a first round exit. Same thing applies for Tmac.

BkOriginalOne
10-27-2008, 07:36 AM
Unfair comparisons. AI did take the sixers to the finals with possibly the worst supporting cast ever. But, he did so in a not sos tough EC. Remember, he met Vince carter in th ECF, Ray allen in the Semis. Now its Boston, Lebron, Detroit. That sixer team would be about a 4th or a 5th seed now.

As for the original question. If Yao goes down and they lose in the WCF, they would not be at full strength so its no one's fault. However, I'm sure artest will not return next season (he doesn't seem like the re-signing kind of guy) Watch him end up in Toronto!

rrude
10-27-2008, 04:21 PM
I am starting to feel like Yao peaked a couple seasons ago and he's already slowing down. he's never been good on D. He's always injured. He does do some things on O, but he also forces the team to play a certain way because he's a plodder. And he doesn't seem as hungry as the great players are.

But there's another issue which I'll call the not-as-good-a-player-as-my-rep (NAGAPAMR) issue. When a team is supposed to be a certain player's team and he's a NAGAPAMR, it drags them down. Players defer to him, but he's not really a go-to guy. They take their cues from him but he's not a leader. These kinds of players always limit their teams (Marbury!).

I think Artest is the best player on the Rockets and if he hadn't had so many off-court issues he'd be a perennial All-Star.

The Rockets might be better off if Yao only played about half the game and some of their other good frontcourt players got some burn. Some of these really tall guys age very quickly (used to be more common). (Sometimes Greg Oden looking like he's 30 makes me wonder if he'll make it to 30 in the league.)

LAKERS 24/7
10-27-2008, 04:25 PM
Making it to the WCF without your all star center is quite an accomplishment in my opinion, and there shouldn't be any blame at all, but rather a sense of achievement and satisfaction.

EDIT: Wait, does he get injured during the wcf or during the season?

JordansBulls
10-27-2008, 04:29 PM
okay first of all dont move this to the rockets forum because i want NBA fans in general too answer this. okay lets say Yao Ming goes down and the rockets reach the WCF and lose. Do we blame tmac? im asking this coz everyseason yao gets injuried but somehow its all on tmac? he plays better in playoffs i mean he avarged 27 8 and 7 i think last season in the playoffs but the blame was still on tmac? yao was injuried for the 3rd season in a row but the blames on the tmac? if this happens do we trade tmmac? or try our chances with yao ming?

If Yao goes down the Rockets won't make the WCF. T-mac although he puts up good numbers is not efficient enough to carry them. If this was 2002 and 2003 or maybe even 2004 with him and Artest and Scola then I think they could.