PDA

View Full Version : Doc Rivers picking the Boston Celtics to Repeat as Champions

JordansBulls
10-26-2008, 01:22 PM
Source: ESPN (http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3663272)

Why not us -- again?

Boston Celtics coach Doc Rivers is picking his team to repeat as NBA champions and hoist their 18th championship banner, according to the Boston Herald.

Doc Rivers says the Celtics will have to be better than they were last year to repeat as NBA champions.
In a survey of the NBA's general managers conducted by NBA.com, 46 percent of those responding picked the Los Angeles Lakers to win the championship this season. Just 19 percent picked the Celtics to repeat.

But Rivers wasn't concerned about that, according to the report.

"Oh, I don't care one way or the other," Rivers said of the survey, according to the report. "We pick us. We picked us last year, too.

"The bottom line is we have to be a better team than we were last year to win it. We believe that," Rivers said, according to the Herald. "To us, that's a process that we're going to have to go through all year to improve as a basketball team. And I think I have a group of guys that are willing to do that."

Iodine
10-26-2008, 01:23 PM
Biggest
Surprise
Ever
What did you expect him to say "well yeah I plan on us losing this year"

BkOriginalOne
10-26-2008, 01:27 PM
I think they will get to the finals again, but I'm not sure if they'll win it all.
The loss of posey will show up during the playoffs. He was the 1st guy off the bench for either ray or pierce, now thats going to have to be Tony allen. Now matter how much he thinks he is better than posey, that gap is going to show.

As much as I hate to say it, I think it will be the hornets losing in 6 or 7 to the lakers, where the lakers will defeat the Cs in 6 or 7, barring any injury, of course.
The rockets are the only team that can threaten this from happening, providing they stay healthy and Artest doesn't "accidently" committ vehicular manslaughter on the way to a game.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-26-2008, 01:39 PM
talk about a big shock

Sport
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
Yeah what do you expect, They didnt get any worse over theoffseason and IMO noone really got significantly better to say they will be dethroned.

Maybe Toronto, Cleveland or Orlando.

Hes the coach. Hes gotta say things like that, and i dont really disagree with him i guess.

lakers4sho
10-26-2008, 01:44 PM
wow Rivers picking the Celtics to win the championship

big whoopty-doo

LeBrowns
10-26-2008, 01:45 PM
yeah whats he supposed to say? lakers in 6?

MiamiHeat
10-26-2008, 01:50 PM
homer :)

l GeArs l
10-26-2008, 02:00 PM
JordansBulls always putting up a new thread every 5 mins.

l GeArs l
10-26-2008, 02:01 PM
homer :)

yep. :dance2:

_Sn1P3r_
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
He obviously has to say that and can't say they'll lose. The only reason I'd see a coach saying they'd lose is just to motivate their team.