PDA

View Full Version : Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd believe the Dallas Mavericks can win it all

JordansBulls
10-26-2008, 01:02 PM
Source: Star-Telegram (http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/997472.html)

Nowitzki: Our goal is not to make the playoffs. Our goal has to be a championship team. We can’t be satisfied just making the playoffs. We’re not that far off. If we can run this offense and stay solid defensively, we can play with anybody in this league.

Kidd: I agree with Dirk. We don’t talk about making the playoffs. We talk about winning a championship. If you talk about it and see it, it helps it become reality. If you get in that position, you have to take advantage of it. And we’re going to try to take advantage of it.

Q: Would either of you like to take the opportunity to guarantee winning a championship?

Nowitzki: That would be nice.

Kidd: That would be nice.

MiamiHeat
10-26-2008, 01:06 PM
anybody can believe
but can they do it?
no

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-26-2008, 01:18 PM
okay well go lucky against the rockets

BkOriginalOne
10-26-2008, 01:28 PM
There a stacked team, but I don't think so. Where's the fire?
Maybe if they deal terry or howard for AI or something, haha.

goku
10-26-2008, 01:34 PM
they are a jump shooting team and thats what makes it hard for them to win in the play-offs cause every other team has a good big man to go to

l GeArs l
10-26-2008, 01:47 PM
Yeah even the sorryest teams think they can win a championship.

madiaz3
10-26-2008, 01:48 PM
its not like portland or nuggets are saying this

they have been the the finals before, expecting anything else short of a finals appearance and win is conceding they made a serious mistake and that they have to rebuild.

lakers4sho
10-26-2008, 01:49 PM
If they can put their act together they might have a shot of beating New Orleans or San Antonio. But I don't expect them to get out of the 2nd round.

JordansBulls
10-26-2008, 02:13 PM

I don't think the Bulls think they can win.

_Sn1P3r_
10-26-2008, 03:08 PM
Good luck in the West but anything can happen so we'll see.

Robbie7138
10-26-2008, 03:15 PM
i doubt they will win
the farthest they go is the 2nd round in my opinion
the surest bet now comin out of the WC is the hornets and lakers
Spurs depending how ginobili comes out of his injury and if no one gets injured

Afridi786
10-26-2008, 03:20 PM
I think they have a good shot.

philab
10-26-2008, 03:23 PM
Are Dirk Nowitzki and Jason Kidd expecting to get traded?

"Jason Kidd", "starting PG", and "playoff basketball" makes me want to cringe these days.

#1Mavericksfan
10-26-2008, 03:46 PM

congratulations you win the homer of the day award with this comment but what's makes this worse it that your a bobcat fan saying this, every team in the NBA thinks there good enuff to win the title so what did you want Dirk and Kidd to say? what that there "not even gonna make the playoffs" or "only end up with the 7th or 8th sead" and even say that there "not even gonna make it out the first round"...if Dirk and Kidd were saying suff that like then you can bash them but your bashing them for being confident in there team?...just wow man just wow...oh and don't try to bring up the Heat, Warriors, Hornets series because that has nothing to do with this coming season.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-26-2008, 04:48 PM
Oh oh, I think they better be carefull. I dont think they want to make other teams mad by saying they have a chance to win.:rolleyes:

RapsGuy23
10-26-2008, 06:05 PM
They have a good team but I'm not sure they're big enough to win a championship especially in the wild wild west. I see another first round playoff exit for the Mavs.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Source: Star-Telegram (http://www.star-telegram.com/287/story/997472.html)

I don't think they have the talent to win a title, their best shot was in 2006. I like both Dirk and Kidd but I don't think they are even a top 5 team out west. The following teams are better: LA, New Orleans, Utah, San Antonio, Houston, maybe Phx.

The problem is they lack depth on their bench and Jason Kidd is "way" passed his prime. The Kidd for Harris trade was terrible.

#1Mavericksfan
10-26-2008, 07:09 PM
I don't think they have the talent to win a title, their best shot was in 2006. I like both Dirk and Kidd but I don't think they are even a top 5 team out west. The following teams are better: LA, New Orleans, Utah, San Antonio, Houston, maybe Phx.

The problem is they lack depth on their bench and Jason Kidd is "way" passed his prime. The Kidd for Harris trade was terrible.

The Spurs and Suns are basically going into this season with same roster so I don't know how you put then ahead of the Mavs, the Rockets really didn't need Artest the really needed a PG like Billups becasue Rafer Alston doesn't even show up in the playoffs.

Of course you would call the Kidd for Harris "terrible" when Jason Kidd didn't even have a traning camp to get to know his teammates but yet he able to get the Mavs into the Playoffs and what did Devin Harris do?...Devin couldn't even help the Nets get in the playoffs but nobody want to say anthing about they just wonna bash the Mavs all the time for whatever they do...If Devin Harris was still on the Mavs and the Mavs got put out the Playoffs by the Hornets everybody on this froum would have been saying "you guys should have traded for Jason Kidd"...If anything everybody is overrating Devin Harris on this forum...Ok Devin is young and fast but what else does he bring to the table?...People are acting like the Mavs traded away Chris Paul or somehing and it's crazy.

So the Mavs "lack depth on their bench"?...really?

Mavs starting 5
Kidd
Wright (young and athletic)
Howard
Nowitzki
Dampier

Bench
George
Bass (young and athletic)
Singleton (young and athletic)
Stackhouse
Terry
Williams (young and athletic)
Diop (young and athletic)
Green (young and athletic)
Barea

philab
10-26-2008, 07:19 PM
The Spurs and Suns are basically going into this season with same roster so I don't know how you put then ahead of the Mavs, the Rockets really didn't need Artest the really needed a PG like Billups becasue Rafer Alston doesn't even show up in the playoffs.

All those teams ended up with better records than the Mavericks.

And the Mavericks are basically going into this season with the same roster too.

And Jason Kidd is one year older.

kswissdaf
10-26-2008, 07:23 PM
key woed in that statemnet "can" all players think there teams can win it all

Spurred1
10-26-2008, 07:55 PM
It would be great if they could, but realistically...there are just too many problems. Defensively, they've got some issues and the offensive options are limited at times-Dirk, Howard, and maybe Terry. The centers can defend but aren't solid contributors every game.The bench has some younger guys than last year but they probably won't produce consistently enough to compensate should one of the starters go down with injuries. While the Kidd trade looks pretty bad, keeping Devin would not have made much of a difference in the long run.
My guess is the Mavs will make the playoffs, but either the Lakers, Hornets, or Spurs will win the championship. Hopefully the Spurs but most likely the Lakers, sad to say.

Blue Tiger
10-26-2008, 08:10 PM
Jason and Dirk can win it all but will they win it all? They'll have a tuff time in the wild wild west trying to make the playoffs.