PDA

View Full Version : - Help - Fix my team -

Boozerguy47
10-26-2008, 05:54 AM
Any opinions/thoughts would be awesome.

There are 12 teams in my league. At this point I think I'm lacking in the 3 point, rebound and assist categories.

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

(Some players I no longer have - updated roster can be seen in my more recent post)

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Andre Iguodala
G - Luol Deng
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Al Thornton
F - Amare Stoudemire
C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Eddy Curry (Dropped)
Ultility - TJ Ford
Utility - Thaddeus Young
Bench - Kirk Hinrich (Dropped)
Bench - Drew Gooden
Bench - Hakim Warrick (Dropped)
Bench - Stephon Marbury (Dropped)

I'm pretty sure if I make a trade it will be for rebouding help or 3 pointers. The only names that I'd probably think of possibly trading would be Hinrich, Marbury, Curry (no one would want him haha), Deng...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

---EDIT---

Names in bold I no longer have on my team. Instead of Curry, Warrick and Marbury, I now have Tim Thomas, Jordan Farmar and Udonis Haslem.

---EDIT #2---
Updated roster can be seen in a more recent post I made

Boozerguy47
10-27-2008, 12:14 AM
Anyone??? :shrug::shrug:

innovator
10-30-2008, 06:40 AM
since you commented on mine... you should waive marbury and curry and trade for someone who would get you some assists and 3 point shots

BoSelecta!!!
10-30-2008, 01:33 PM
As u might see, Hinrich did quite well in his season opener.

FOBolous
10-30-2008, 02:12 PM
Anyone??? :shrug::shrug:

yea no1 ever goes in the fantasy forum. i don't know why the mods even bother to seperate the fantasy forum from the main nba forum.

Boozerguy47
10-31-2008, 06:15 AM
I dropped Marbury and Curry. Picked up Haslem and Etan Thomas. Now I'm debating whether or not to actually drop Thomas and pick up Farmar or perhaps Westbrook...

AirJordanXVIII
10-31-2008, 03:15 PM
yea no1 ever goes in the fantasy forum. i don't know why the mods even bother to seperate the fantasy forum from the main nba forum.

Bingo.

Cubs Win
11-01-2008, 03:48 PM
I wouldn't drop Hinrich if I were you. See what you can get for him in a deal or package deal. He put up 15 pts 7 ast off the bench in the first game of the season. If he goes on a hot streak soon it would be a good idea to find a trading partner and deal him at his peak. Overall, your team looks solid though. I dont know where you drafted Thornton but I have him too, and he could be a real good player this year w/ Brand gone.

Boozerguy47
11-03-2008, 01:24 AM
True, thanks...

Question (more related to Yahoo fantasy sports)...

Anyone know how/when Yahoo decides to update player's positions? For example, I have Gooden and Haslem, both have started games at center, but are only listed as PF on Yahoo... Just was curious if anyone knew anything about how Yahoo goes about these things.

AirJordanXVIII
11-03-2008, 01:25 PM
Wait. Why in the world is Eddy Curry on your roster.

Devils05
11-03-2008, 07:25 PM
True, thanks...

Question (more related to Yahoo fantasy sports)...

Anyone know how/when Yahoo decides to update player's positions? For example, I have Gooden and Haslem, both have started games at center, but are only listed as PF on Yahoo... Just was curious if anyone knew anything about how Yahoo goes about these things.Usually takes 5+ games.

LD V2.0
11-04-2008, 09:31 PM
Any opinions/thoughts would be awesome.

There are 12 teams in my league. At this point I think I'm lacking in the 3 point, rebound and assist categories.

Stat Categories: FG%, FT%, 3PTM, PTS, REB, AST, ST, BLK, TO

PG - Mo Williams
SG - Andre Iguodala
G - Luol Deng
SF - Rudy Gay
PF - Al Thornton
F - Amare Stoudemire
C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Eddy Curry (DROPPED)
Ultility - TJ Ford
Utility - Thaddeus Young
Bench - Kirk Hinrich
Bench - Drew Gooden
Bench - Hakim Warrick (Dropped)
Bench - Stephon Marbury (Dropped)

I'm pretty sure if I make a trade it will be for rebouding help or 3 pointers. The only names that I'd probably think of possibly trading would be Hinrich, Marbury, Curry (no one would want him haha), Deng...

Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

---EDIT---

Names in bold I no longer have on my team. Instead of Curry, Warrick and Marbury, I now have Tim Thomas, Jordan Farmar and Udonis Haslem.

I can tell you right now that you're not going to save that team through a trade. What you need to do is play the waiver wire. I don't know who is available to pick up in your league so unless I know that I can't give you any more advice.

You need to replace Marbury, Curry and possibly Warrick with crafty waiver claims. Beyond that, when Noah is 100% healthy Gooden's value will drop. Work on moving him.

Boozerguy47
11-09-2008, 05:27 AM
Usually takes 5+ games.

Yeah, you were right. Thanks...

My updated roster is this... Please comment if you wish...

PG - Mo Williams
SG- Andre Iguodala
G - Rudy Gay
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Al Thornton
F - Thaddeus Young
C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Amare Stoudemire
Util - Drew Gooden
Util - TJ Ford
BN - Sebastian Telfair
BN - Monta Ellis (Someone dropped him, so I picked up him immediately)
BN - Tim Thomas
BN - Udonis Haslem

LD V2.0
11-09-2008, 08:28 PM
Theres a reason why Ellis got dropped. He may not be back period. Think about this for a second, you're asking us to help you fix your team. What do you do since we give you advice? Pick up a player who might not even suit up this season. If you're so worried about your team then what makes you think you have the luxury of wasting one roster spot on a guy who might not play? Even if he does he probably won't have any fantasy impact until the fantasy playoffs. If thats the case and you're seeking help with your team then you must be worried about not making the playoffs. That roster spot might be the difference between you getting there or not getting there. My advice for you is to drop him because the guy who did so before you made the right call...

If you do drop him take chances on guys you are hot. If one of them turns it into a trend instead of just a blip on the radar you'll be laughing and not thinking about Ellis.

Alphabits
11-10-2008, 01:51 PM
Your total roster is small, with only 4 bench players. There should be players available in the FA pool that are better than both Thomas and Ellis. If you really want Ellis pick him up around December and hope he comes back sooner rather than later, if he's gone its not a big deal. Your team needs more help now and having Thomas and Elllis won't help.

Torque
11-12-2008, 02:36 PM
Yeah, you were right. Thanks...

My updated roster is this... Please comment if you wish...

PG - Mo Williams
SG- Andre Iguodala
G - Rudy Gay
SF - Luol Deng
PF - Al Thornton
F - Thaddeus Young
C - Jermaine O'Neal
C - Amare Stoudemire
Util - Drew Gooden
Util - TJ Ford
BN - Sebastian Telfair
BN - Monta Ellis (Someone dropped him, so I picked up him immediately)
BN - Tim Thomas
BN - Udonis Haslem
I wouldn't start Andre Iquodala if I were you. He's off to a very slow start and is shooting horrible (.389%) I'm pretty sure you can find someone better off the waiver wire.

Boozerguy47
11-22-2008, 07:03 AM
Theres a reason why Ellis got dropped. He may not be back period. Think about this for a second, you're asking us to help you fix your team. What do you do since we give you advice? Pick up a player who might not even suit up this season. If you're so worried about your team then what makes you think you have the luxury of wasting one roster spot on a guy who might not play? Even if he does he probably won't have any fantasy impact until the fantasy playoffs. If thats the case and you're seeking help with your team then you must be worried about not making the playoffs. That roster spot might be the difference between you getting there or not getting there. My advice for you is to drop him because the guy who did so before you made the right call...

If you do drop him take chances on guys you are hot. If one of them turns it into a trend instead of just a blip on the radar you'll be laughing and not thinking about Ellis.

I'm only about 8 and 10 (past two weeks) since picking up Ellis and playing a man down. I've heard he started doing some individual drills a couple weeks ago and his suspension is up in mid December. On November 15th he showed up unexpectedly at practice and was joking with his teammates and moving around "without a limp". The risk/reward factor is in my favor here. Ellis comes back, puts up 17-20+ points per game, shoots a high percentage and does the rest. I basically steal a potential all-star through the waivers. The risk is he and the Warriors don't get along and he is benched (although I do not see that happening). If it comes to that, then I'll drop him if I have to.