PDA

View Full Version : Redden

King Henrik
10-25-2008, 09:24 PM
He is terrible, he cant clear the puck, he cant play offensively, he cant keep the puck in the zone, is average when it comes to defending an attacker.

what exactly are we paying him for?

on the other hand Rosival is playing amazing

SLY WILLIAMS
10-25-2008, 09:36 PM
Redden has had a pretty good 6-7 games so far this year in my opinion. He was bad in preseason but stepped it up. Girardi also has really stepped up.

jetsfan89
10-25-2008, 09:39 PM
redden's doing just fine.

mlisica19
10-26-2008, 12:31 AM
ARE U WATCHING THE SAME GAMES ALL OF NY IS?

Reddens best quality for the rangers right now is his ability to keep the puck in the offensive zone. watch any game so far and at least 2wice hell make a play at the boards to intercept dumped pucks and send them back in.

Last year we had a problem, not wanting to shoot. Well he likes to shoot and as long as its close to the net (which it has been) im fine with him

He also brings the needed size and leadership the rangers needed on the blue line

he is a hyrbid defensemen who plays both sides of the puck. For eg - todays game who was the player near zherdev when he scored - him... today who was the defender to stop sykora and staal from scoring inside the slot today? HIM!

i am so happy we signed him... The only defenders i would want besides him are in order - Phaneuf, Gonchar, Chara, Campbell... THATS ALL...

mlisica19
10-26-2008, 12:33 AM
And as much as i think our captain will improve soon.,.. but drury isnt doing what is expected of him either... not that i dont think he is playing good

jus stop talking smack about our defense- look at our finishers OUR SPEED AND TALENT force things like tonights game (18 shots over 2 pitts shots in the 3rd)but we only went for 2-18 WOWOWOWOW WE NEED FINISHERS!

nyrfan06
10-26-2008, 04:52 AM
are you serious saying roszival has been amazing? Defending he is at his best games average and offensively challenged. He does have a good shot but refuses to use it and will pass up the open lane for the shot to pass to the boards where there is no shot. Redden will atleast put the puck on net so something can happen. He is also a better defender with less giveaways than Roszival.

King Henrik
10-26-2008, 06:38 AM
pshhh we must not be watching the same games. nothing redden has done has impressed me in the slightest bit.

Desert Plains
10-26-2008, 10:20 AM
I think Redden has played fine. I do agree his been a little shaky at times in the defensive zone, but he's far from the problem on offensive. He see's the ice and makes good passes.

Maybe if Gomez had anyone who could hit the net once in a while, Redden would have a few more secondary assists and a better plus/minus. Gomez has made some great passes lately, only to see Dawes and Callahan miss badly. We really need to find a scorer for his line.

jetsfan89
10-26-2008, 11:20 AM
pshhh we must not be watching the same games. nothing redden has done has impressed me in the slightest bit.

he's supposed to be a consistent defensemen who's smart and makes good decisions. thats what he's done. he's not supposed to impress us. sather overpaid him. he's not a 39 mil defenseman. but he's doing his job.

letsgorangers27
10-26-2008, 12:55 PM
i am so happy we signed him... The only defenders i would want besides him are in order - Phaneuf, Gonchar, Chara, Campbell... THATS ALL...
no lidstrom??? but anyway redden has been a very good addition who is playing very well. also rosival has stepped his game up. plus girardi and staal are playing amazingly. the only d ive had problems with is kalinin

SLY WILLIAMS
10-26-2008, 02:02 PM
Redden is tied for the 2nd best plus/minus on the team actually. :)

B-West.Joba
10-26-2008, 02:38 PM
redden isnt terrible, his contract is, 6 years and all that cash to an aging/declining defenseman...i would have loved to wait for sanguinetti to be that PP guy that redden is, or just to play potter this year. especially with komisarik/bouwmester being FA after this year...

jetsfan89
10-26-2008, 05:28 PM
whats done is done. redden is a good addition to this team and we're leading the nhl with 17 points. just look forward to more good hockey.

messleetch94
10-26-2008, 05:46 PM
are you serious saying roszival has been amazing? Defending he is at his best games average and offensively challenged. He does have a good shot but refuses to use it and will pass up the open lane for the shot to pass to the boards where there is no shot. Redden will atleast put the puck on net so something can happen. He is also a better defender with less giveaways than Roszival.

Did you watch the game against Pit? Redden had at least 3 turnover, in our zone. Rosival is a better defender than he was last year. The play he make on Malkin one on one was outstanding.

jetsfan89
10-26-2008, 06:29 PM
Did you watch the game against Pit? Redden had at least 3 turnover, in our zone. Rosival is a better defender than he was last year. The play he make on Malkin one on one was outstanding.

those are fundamental plays that he needs to do. you're taught from day one to look at the body and not the puck when you're on defense one on one. it was a good play but its a play we expect him to do.

shtimp7
10-26-2008, 11:00 PM
redden is alright. its noticeable that he makes a few mistakes defensively but its also noticeable that he makes nice plays on both ends of the ice. i agree hes not amazing but again its too quick to judge. so far he's been ok.
he sorta knows when to slow it down and when to shoot the puck
rozsival has been shooting so i dono wat ur talkin about hes a LOT more trigger happy compared to last year

messleetch94
10-27-2008, 09:21 AM
those are fundamental plays that he needs to do. you're taught from day one to look at the body and not the puck when you're on defense one on one. it was a good play but its a play we expect him to do.

Yeah, but if it was last year, Malkin woiuld have made Rosival fall out of his skates. all I was saying is that he has improved enormously

jetsfan89
10-27-2008, 09:52 PM
eh i guess. roszival was playing good till the penguins series though so its not like he sucked terribly last year.

mlisica19
10-28-2008, 11:24 PM
1) Where not a rebuilding team, so no potter or Sang... We cant rely on guys improving where relying on guys who have the leadership talent heart and experience already

2) Rozival was playing like **** the first 6 games now he is playing better, but he should shoot a lil bit more- and yes he had a better year than redden last year but that was last year and this is now. Ever think redden got sick and tired of Ottowa and needed a change. So now hell play better... which he is

3) Redden is doing what hes paid 2... Hes shooting (something we didnt do last year)- hes breakin out (something we sucked at last year)- Leave him alone!!!! The team is playing great overrall and WE ONLY HAVE 3 loses... UGHHH god

4) i do hate sather a little bit buttt he had to pay redden that much. It was either pay him that, go over cap or dont sign him and i think he did the right thing

5) UHM no i would not want Lidstrom this year. He would be asking for alot and he probably wouldnt finish the the contract.