PDA

View Full Version : Question on some players

kvrnm
10-25-2008, 08:49 PM
im gonna list off some players, and id like if some of you could tell me how good they will be this year. gerald green, brandon rush, dante green, roy hibbert, joe alexander, anthony randolph, morris almond, and alando tucker.

scottie
10-25-2008, 08:59 PM
im gonna list off some players, and id like if some of you could tell me how good they will be this year. gerald green, brandon rush, dante green, roy hibbert, joe alexander, anthony randolph, morris almond, and alando tucker.

What are we 5?

23LBJCleBrowns
10-25-2008, 09:03 PM
Lol, I think so. I still have naptime at my school.

kvrnm
10-25-2008, 09:07 PM
just trying to get some info on certain players

theuuord
10-25-2008, 09:27 PM

About the ones I know best:

Hibbert if he can get decent minutes will put up solid rookie numbers. Nothing spectacular, but solid inside presence. At his size and ability it'd be hard not to, even with a rookie adjustment. He's top-15 as far as rookies go this year.

Anthony Randolph has the word "bust" written all over him. He is a classic case of a bust player. I doubt he does anything worthwhile this year, next year, or pretty much ever.

Joe Alexander is the real deal. Talented, smart, unbelievable leaping ability and great work ethic. He's in my opinion the fifth best rookie in this draft (but, to be fair, the drop-off from 1-4 to 5-10 is pretty significant). He might take a couple of years but he'll make some solid noise backing up RJ this year.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 09:34 PM

Green- will play himself out of the NBA.
Rush- will define himself as a very good role player
Green- will show glimpses of scoring ability, but a long ways off from rotation
Hibbert- will be a rotation player, get some blocks and rebounds, lots of fouls
Alexander- will ride bench, he is a ways away from contributing
Randolph- will play maybe 50 games. Nelson doesn't play rookies
Almond- will play in the NBA D league most the year
Tucker- will find a spot to play 8 mpg as a role

Iodine
10-25-2008, 09:35 PM
I think he wants there A/S/L

kvrnm
10-25-2008, 10:10 PM
Green- will play himself out of the NBA.
Rush- will define himself as a very good role player
Green- will show glimpses of scoring ability, but a long ways off from rotation
Hibbert- will be a rotation player, get some blocks and rebounds, lots of fouls
Alexander- will ride bench, he is a ways away from contributing
Randolph- will play maybe 50 games. Nelson doesn't play rookies
Almond- will play in the NBA D league most the year
Tucker- will find a spot to play 8 mpg as a role

thanks, that was just a group of players i kinda followed in college, and geral green in boston. was just wondering if any of them had some potential, thanks for answering my question instead of making fun of me,

kvrnm
10-25-2008, 10:11 PM
About the ones I know best:

Hibbert if he can get decent minutes will put up solid rookie numbers. Nothing spectacular, but solid inside presence. At his size and ability it'd be hard not to, even with a rookie adjustment. He's top-15 as far as rookies go this year.

Anthony Randolph has the word "bust" written all over him. He is a classic case of a bust player. I doubt he does anything worthwhile this year, next year, or pretty much ever.

Joe Alexander is the real deal. Talented, smart, unbelievable leaping ability and great work ethic. He's in my opinion the fifth best rookie in this draft (but, to be fair, the drop-off from 1-4 to 5-10 is pretty significant). He might take a couple of years but he'll make some solid noise backing up RJ this year.

thanks, i like your assesment on alexander.

IndyRealist
10-25-2008, 11:26 PM

I think Morris Almond is the real deal, I don't know if he will get any playing time with Ronnie Brewer playing however. The guy is a flat out scorer, and I think he could be a game changer for a championship team in a few years.

Brandon Rush has just about the smoothest jumpshot of any rookie I've seen this preseason. Not sure he's going to get huge minutes this year, but he figures to be Indiana's SG of the future.

Roy Hibbert is going to be a monster. His jumper is suspect, but he already has a jump hook and defensively the guy is a brick wall. Figures to play major minutes this year. I think he will crack the ROY top 10. Some of the lottery guys just aren't that impressive so far.

I don't know that Gerald Green will make a roster, let alone have any impact.

Anthony Randolph's an athletic freak, but the guy lacks and understanding of fundamental basketball. He doesn't know how to play, only how to use his athleticism. Guys like that, who never learn to really play the game, usually hit their ceiling relatively early, and intelligent players who understand the game tend to abuse them on a nightly basis.

I don't know much about Dante Green or Alando Tucker, sorry.