PDA

View Full Version : What Kwame could have been...

OY!
10-25-2008, 03:42 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-KP4dL98M&feature=related

look at this amazing footwork, catching the ball, rebounding, the post up moves, etc. Why could he not be consistent with this. This guy had so much Pot. and this game shows that, but he wasted it all away :pity:

it's a shame too.

Sox Appeal
10-25-2008, 03:44 PM
Hopefully he'll be able to put everything together in Detroit.

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 03:58 PM
That game was just a tease. He will never come close to having that kind of production consistently. Every dog has his day, and that day Kwame was the dog.

lakers4sho
10-25-2008, 03:59 PM
I've watched all of Kwame's games when he was in L.A. He has an excellent footwork, don't bag him on that. However, his shortcomings come from finishing his shots. For some reason, he has trouble finishing, whether it be a layup or a dunk. And he gets de-moralized really easy. It's like a domino effect, once he makes an error, it just keeps on rolling.

kswissdaf
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
u cant teach some **** this guy has

ShaunRiching9
10-25-2008, 04:11 PM
he is just to damn lazy

Big Quett
10-25-2008, 04:22 PM
I've watched all of Kwame's games when he was in L.A. He has an excellent footwork, don't bag him on that. However, his shortcomings come from finishing his shots. For some reason, he has trouble finishing, whether it be a layup or a dunk. And he gets de-moralized really easy. It's like a domino effect, once he makes an error, it just keeps on rolling.

Yeah that was great footwork. And to your point of all the moves and putbacks they showed i dont think he dunked once. All of them were layups of the glass. You would like your big man to finish strong and dunk it especially within 2 to 3 feet.

BALLER71
10-25-2008, 04:33 PM
What a shame. I know he was a bust but it made sense to pick him 1st at the time.

lakers4sho
10-25-2008, 04:40 PM
Yeah that was great footwork. And to your point of all the moves and putbacks they showed i dont think he dunked once. All of them were layups of the glass. You would like your big man to finish strong and dunk it especially within 2 to 3 feet.

Well you should've seen (or at least heard of) his missed dunks while playing for the Lakers...

RapsGuy23
10-25-2008, 04:52 PM
ITS ONLY ONE GAME...He's a bust. A low NBA IQ

theuuord
10-25-2008, 05:02 PM
His hands are too small. When you can't palm the ball at the NBA level you will never succeed.

Everything else about his game was pretty extraordinary for a young age. His footwork, his balance, his ability in the post, all money. In high school, you can get away with not palming the ball. In the NBA? Not so much.

It's actually kind of sad that people villify him as being lazy, or dumb, or anything like that when the reason he can't play is simple.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM
"Even the sun shines on a dogs a s s somedays." -Sidney Deane (White Men Can't Jump)

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-25-2008, 05:24 PM
What does palming the ball have anything to do with how good you are?

theuuord
10-25-2008, 05:29 PM

is that a serious question?

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 05:29 PM
His hands are too small. When you can't palm the ball at the NBA level you will never succeed.

Everything else about his game was pretty extraordinary for a young age. His footwork, his balance, his ability in the post, all money. In high school, you can get away with not palming the ball. In the NBA? Not so much.

It's actually kind of sad that people villify him as being lazy, or dumb, or anything like that when the reason he can't play is simple.

Charles Barkley can't palm the ball

theuuord
10-25-2008, 05:37 PM
Charles Barkley can't palm the ball

"Barkley couldn't palm a ball to dunk but had great hands. "Soft enough to catch a bullet," said Smith, his college coach."

taken from an essay about Barkley. Barkley's also a freak though, so it's not a fair comparison.

Kwame has brick hands, AND he can't palm. Double trouble, especially for a big man.

astrosmaniac
10-25-2008, 05:39 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QC-KP4dL98M&feature=related

look at this amazing footwork, catching the ball, rebounding, the post up moves, etc. Why could he not be consistent with this. This guy had so much Pot. and this game shows that, but he wasted it all away :pity:

it's a shame too.

that might have been a reason why :D

cmellofan15
10-25-2008, 05:41 PM
is that a serious question?

Yea dunking and post moves have nothing to do w/ palming the ball :rolleyes:

bogdanrom
10-25-2008, 06:02 PM
Actually the next game he had a 20 and 10 game. He had all the tools to be really good, he was too cocky and too lazy.

amare#1
10-25-2008, 06:02 PM
In that clip he does look good, very fast on his feet... its a shame he never became anything.

_Sn1P3r_
10-25-2008, 06:10 PM
He was fast and he looked smooth for his size. If he had an actual work ethic and tried to live up to being the #1 draft pick, he could've been something. Best of luck in Detroit.

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 07:29 PM
that might have been a reason why :D

HAHAHA that would explain his love for cakes

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 08:21 PM
confidence and work ethic.

AirJordanXVIII
10-25-2008, 08:33 PM
Has sorta the same mindset of Eddy Curry...

I think he could of been a decent center, but he wasnt worth the top pick regardless.

Yogi
10-26-2008, 01:25 AM
I think he expected too much of himself and he didn't practice.

Then we he sucked he didn't do anything different and now he'll always suck.

No one else in the NBA I hate more then Kwame Brown, already got my tickets to Wizards vs. Pistons so I could boo him outta DC.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 01:41 AM
I knew Kwame was a bust when Kareem Abdul-Jabbar offered to help him improve his game and he said, "NO." He has a low bball IQ and a bad work ethic.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-26-2008, 04:00 AM
Yea dunking and post moves have nothing to do w/ palming the ball :rolleyes:

I know people who can dunk and do post moves and CANT palm the ball...

Ansy
10-26-2008, 04:04 AM

Can they do it at the NBA level? Kwame had no problem with dunking or post moves in high school.

theuuord
10-26-2008, 12:29 PM

How many of them are in the NBA?

OY!
10-26-2008, 12:54 PM

No one else in the NBA I hate more then Kwame Brown, already got my tickets to Wizards vs. Pistons so I could boo him outta DC.

that's my reason too.

like i said it's a real shame :pity:

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-26-2008, 01:41 PM
i think he still has a chance to become a solid center in Detroit

theuuord
10-26-2008, 01:51 PM

there are way more things worth hating than a basketball player.

philab
10-26-2008, 03:34 PM

Wow. Ever play basketball?

I can palm the ball with both hands, but not very well. If I move around too much, I'll drop it. A lot of these guys in the NBA can pick the ball up off the dribble with one hand. The whole game changes. After being able to dunk, being able to palm the ball is the attribute that changes the game more than anything else for those that can do it.

Sox Appeal
10-26-2008, 04:25 PM
i think he still has a chance to become a solid center in Detroit

Yeah, so do I. Joe Dumars has a REALLY good track record when it comes to bringing in ex lottery picks, and turning them into stars. (Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton are examples) And I really believe Kwame has a chance to do the same. If he can improve his work ethic (which I'm sure he will) the talent is there for him to be a REALLY good player for the Pistons. And if things don't work out, he's already a TERRIFIC low post defender, so he can matchup well with guys like Garnett and DH12 in the playoffs.

LAKERS 24/7
10-26-2008, 04:33 PM
Yeah, so do I. Joe Dumars has a REALLY good track record when it comes to bringing in ex lottery picks, and turning them into stars. (Chauncey Billups and Richard Hamilton are examples) And I really believe Kwame has a chance to do the same. If he can improve his work ethic (which I'm sure he will) the talent is there for him to be a REALLY good player for the Pistons. And if things don't work out, he's already a TERRIFIC low post defender, so he can matchup well with guys like Garnett and DH12 in the playoffs.

No, which you're hoping he will. Big difference

KobeIs
10-26-2008, 05:12 PM
I just thought that Kwame got too big. When he was in the Lakers, he got a lot wider (or fatter) and from then on, he couldn't really move as well or jump as high.

JJ81
10-26-2008, 05:29 PM
Hopefully he'll be able to put everything together in Detroit.

Hahahahha yeah just as soon as he learns how to tie his laces.

laker1000
10-26-2008, 05:36 PM
it's just one game, i'm sure i can find a good game from smush parker.