PDA

View Full Version : Most Probable to get ROY (Rookie of the Year) - Rose, Oden, Beasley or Mayo?

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 10:16 AM
Who is the Most Probable to get ROY (Rookie of the Year) - Rose, Oden, Beasley or Mayo?

l GeArs l
10-25-2008, 10:22 AM
I don't know man it's between Oden and Beasley, i'm going with beasley just because he makes it look so easy to score hes flat out nasty. But in the other hand Oden is dunking all over people making that look easy. But yeah im going with beasley.

RL1307
10-25-2008, 10:35 AM
man this is really hard it might be between oden and beasley. But rose has a good chance if he makes the bulls go far..did u see his 30 point game against the mavs!! In this year it might be oden or beasley but in the future I think rose will be really really good

Raidaz4Life
10-25-2008, 10:37 AM
Gotta go with my boy Mayo

_Supreme_
10-25-2008, 10:55 AM
I really think Mayo is in the best position to win it considering the team he is on.

Beasley will have to share a lot more, so Idk. It would be nice if he won it of course, but I just think Mayo has a better opportunity on a team that will probably have to rely on Rudy and him to get things done.

Some people are all excited about Rose scoring 30, but it was during the preseason and mainly against the Mavs 3rd stringers in the 4th quarter. I mean who the hell had ever heard of JuJuan Smith, and will we ever again? I'm still not sold on how well he will actually do during actual regular season games.

Oden is the big unknown to me. He has all the potential of course, so we'll have to wait and see how dominant he will be.

Another mentioned as a dark horse candidate if he gets the starting SG spot could be Eric Gordon.

fairandbalanced
10-25-2008, 10:58 AM
Beasly.......that dude is already better than most players in their prime. But I think Rose is the best all-around player in the draft.

GSW_Soul
10-25-2008, 01:01 PM
Its either between Oden, Rose, and Beasley but I think it will be Rose...

MiamiHeat
10-25-2008, 01:02 PM
Between Oden Beasley Mayo

BALLER71
10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Between Mayo and Beasley. I don't understand how Rose can get it, if he's playing PG. It's a tough transition.

PhillyLuver
10-25-2008, 01:46 PM
Mayo.

But this is what the comparison forum is for, is it not?

Sport
10-25-2008, 01:51 PM
Why leave out Love?

To me he ll be a diamod in the rough of this class with everyone talking about rose, beasley and mayo.

Rose will be a star, I think Beasley will be good, but not extraordinary, and I think Mayo will be a dissapointment.

No guarantees, just my opinion.

I say Rose wins ROY, but id watch out for Love.

scandaless2
10-25-2008, 01:58 PM
rose

I Am Awesome-O
10-25-2008, 02:00 PM
Even if Beasley does win ROY, I think Rose and Mayo will wind up being the best players out of this year's draft. I think Rose will wind up being the best, O.J. being second, and Beasley being third.

As for Rookie of the Year, I think I'm gonna have to go with Mayo. He will most likely lead all rookies in scoring, he will get a good amount of assists, some rebounds, and some steals. So my pick goes to Mayo.

IndyRealist
10-25-2008, 02:45 PM
Oden. He'll be getting starters minutes apparently, and his team will have a better record than Memphis, Miami, and probably Chicago. He will be contributing heavily on a playoff bound team. Though all four will play heavy minutes, Rose will not be forced to since they have still retained Hinrich, Miami still has Marion and Haslem, and Memphis is...well...Memphis.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 02:49 PM
where is Kevin Love?? He will be playing on a team that will win at least 10 more games than last year, and get 30 mpg easy. And stats are all that matter for the award, and I see him getting 13-10. Darkhorse for sure. The only reason Durant got it last year being on a terrible team is that there was zero competition for him stat wise, so Mayo for example is going to have to get over 20 ppg on high percentages to stand a chance against Beasley, Oden, Love, or Rose, because Memphis is going to be terrible.

blazerman
10-25-2008, 02:52 PM
Oden is on the best team out of the rookies and has a good backup so that could limit his playing time.Mcmillian will want him fresh for a playoff push.
Oden will be the most dominant by far but minutes will be watched all season.

Beasley will have good numbers and will be right there at the end. The Heat have zero inside game so between Wade,Marion and Beasley there will be plenty of scoring opps.Beasley will flourish

Rose should have a good season, the Bulls have lots of guys that can score and that will give Rose's assists a nice boost, besides his ability to blow buy players en route to the hoop.

Mayo should have it the easiest, realistically his team is headed back to the lottery and no real expectations for the team as a whole. He should have a bit more freedom and alot less pressure than the other 3. He is very skilled

Kevin Love is a darkhorse that will probably have as good of stats as any. He will benefit from having A.Jefferson inside and M.Miller outside and his passing ability will boost his assists(I bet he average's 4 a game). He will have his standout games from time to time but will be consistant all yr.

I expect Mayo to win ROY

uchiha
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Beasley has the best chance.. he is the most NBA ready and it will show

Jonathan2323
10-25-2008, 02:53 PM
Michael Beasley -he will have the best numbers. if not Beasley than Mayo

Draco
10-25-2008, 02:55 PM
Some people are all excited about Rose scoring 30, but it was during the preseason and mainly against the Mavs 3rd stringers in the 4th quarter. I mean who the hell had ever heard of JuJuan Smith, and will we ever again? I'm still not sold on how well he will actually do during actual regular season games.

Perhaps no one ever heard of JuJuan Smith because he only played 8 minutes in that game. I get it, you want to hate on Rose because you're stuck with Beasley.. I get it.

Check out the box scores.
http://scores.espn.go.com/nba/boxscore?gameId=281021006

BullsNumber1Fan
10-25-2008, 02:58 PM
Call me a homer, but I am going with Rose.

Hughes is out anywhere from 2-6 weeks(depending on how he heels) with dislocated right shoulder and this will give Rose a lot of minutes. It will be Rose/Hinrich with Gordon off the bench. If he does good like expected, expect Hughes/Gordon to be traded to clear minutes for good.

A dark horse that can win it IMO will be Jerryd Bayless if he starts sometime in the season. He will get a ton of assists to Roy, Oden, Aldridge and will score when called upon.

Jonathan2323
10-25-2008, 03:02 PM
i really cant see Rose winning ROY. He is not NBA ready yet.

#1Mavericksfan
10-25-2008, 06:30 PM
Michael Beasley...he had 19 points and 6 rebounds against the Spurs I know it only preseason but that's still good.

Master Mind
10-25-2008, 06:47 PM
If not Beasley then Oden...It's between them, guaranteed....

Pharoe18
10-25-2008, 07:08 PM
I'm going to say Beasley because he does seem to be the most NBA ready, but if Mayo can maintain a solid fg% and keep his TOs at a moderate level, he may be the guy. I think everyone expects Mayo to outscore all rookies this year, but I'm not so sure that he'll be able to keep the fg% at the level of Beasley's while getting those additional stats. That's why I think Beasley is the favorite, but Mayo can take it from him if he does what he needs to do.

KB24PG16
10-25-2008, 07:12 PM
gotta go with oden

Catfish1314
10-25-2008, 07:24 PM
I think it'll be something like last year. Oden will put up double double type numbers on a borderline playoff team but fall short (like Horford). Rose will put up 14 points and 6-7 assists but Beasley is playing off a superstar in Miami so he'll put up the best numbers. I say he wins it. If he doesn't, Rose will.

AirJordanXVIII
10-25-2008, 08:38 PM
I'm gonna have to say

1. OJ
2. Beasley
3. Oden
4. Love

5. Rose

A distant 5th.. I just dont think Rose is gonna get the PT to get ROY. He's an amazing player, but he's not gonna put up 20 points or dish out 8-10 per game..

DRose#1
10-25-2008, 08:40 PM
Rose will get ROY, MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP this year.

MiamiHeat
10-25-2008, 08:43 PM
Rose will get ROY, MVP, DPOY and Finals MVP this year.

yeah im sure.......:rolleyes:

zezak
10-25-2008, 11:54 PM
I get it, you want to hate on Rose because you're stuck with Beasley.. I get it.

Yea cause the Heat are really stuck with Beasley, I mean damn he sucks, a player that dominated through college, and the best talent to come out out of the draft.. Yea sure you get it.

Draco
10-25-2008, 11:58 PM
Yea cause the Heat are really stuck with Beasley, I mean damn he sucks, a player that dominated through college, and the best talent to come out out of the draft.. Yea sure you get it.

I was playing around, so easy there killer.. more power to the Heat for drafting Beasley. I hope he does well.

Dol-Fan
10-26-2008, 12:11 AM
well, since Beasley will be MVP, I ask the question: can the MVP win ROY as well? if not, it will be Oden :)

king4day
10-26-2008, 12:16 AM
Oden if he's healthy.
Mayo if he's not. He'll be the go to guy on Memphis while Beasley will be sharing the spot with Haslem and Marion.

Iodine
10-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Why leave out Love?

To me he ll be a diamod in the rough of this class with everyone talking about rose, beasley and mayo.

Rose will be a star, I think Beasley will be good, but not extraordinary, and I think Mayo will be a dissapointment.

No guarantees, just my opinion.

I say Rose wins ROY, but id watch out for Love.

top 10 draft picks are diamonds in the rough now?

anyway Greg Oden because mane told me he is his great-great-great-great-grandfather

J$mo0th_3o5
10-26-2008, 12:20 AM
It's between Beasley and Mayo....

Raps43va
10-26-2008, 12:23 AM
oj mayo all da way

x_notorious
10-26-2008, 12:28 AM
I like OJ Mayo. He plays with a crappy team in Memphis and it looks like he and Gay will do most of the scoring over there.

RapsGuy23
10-26-2008, 12:43 AM
I think the race will come down to Beasley and Oden. I think Oden will edge Beasley out the superior rebounding.

amare#1
10-26-2008, 12:51 AM
I'm going with Beasley because he seems to be the most NBA ready.

SwaggaIke
10-26-2008, 12:53 AM
Beasley. In 7 preseason games he was WIDLY efficient. He shot 51% from the field and as everyone knows he's not a "true post player". I think he'll make enough of an impact and we will win enough games in order for him to EARN it.

ATX
10-26-2008, 08:44 AM
It's a toss up between Beasley and Mayo. I believe Mayo has all the tools to be the ROY. He has looked really strong in the preseason. Beasley has looked good as well, hitting 51% from the field, but his defensive deficiencies hold him back...

lakers4sho
10-26-2008, 11:36 AM
If Mayo does what Durant did last season, he gets my vote.