PDA

View Full Version : FOBolous' Official Fantasy Basketball League Discussion Thread

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 02:30 AM
i don't know what else to call this thread :p so yeea...here you go guys. start talking :D

so first order of business...do yall want to just wait for one more person and have a 10 players league so we can start as soon as possible or do yall want to wait for 3 more people so we can have a full 12 players league?

clehmun
10-25-2008, 09:55 AM
i prefer to have 12 people. but i also prefer to draft before the season begins.
i wana try to draft tonight, or sunday morning (not afternoon), or anytime on monday.

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 10:40 AM
i prefer to have 12 people. but i also prefer to draft before the season begins.
i wana try to draft tonight, or sunday morning (not afternoon), or anytime on monday.

so play with just 10 people or wait till we have 12?

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 12:01 PM
aw so someone left the league so we're down to 8 players...we can start a league now with just 8 players or wait for 2 more players to have a 10 players league or wait for 4 more players so we can have a 12 players league.

if yall want to have a full 12 players league...i can "publish" the league and add our league to the published list of available Custom Leagues so anyone can join...this way the spots can fill up faster and we don't have to stress out on trying to get PSD people to join.

clehmun
10-25-2008, 01:29 PM
i rather just go with 10 people...
can we do the draft tonight or something?

clehmun
10-25-2008, 01:30 PM
we got 10 now! let's draft tonight!

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 02:19 PM
we got 10 now! let's draft tonight!

lol...ok...i gotta wait for everyone to respond though. I don't want to make the draft tonight and everyone misses it because no1 knows it's tonight. I pm-ed everyone about this but so far...you're the only one who responded :(

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 02:56 PM
ok...so i'm going to make the draft tonight at around midnight so we can start ASAP. Hopefully 2 more people join by than so we'll have a full 12 players league...if not, a 10 players league is good enough. I'm going to msg everyone on PSD to let them know, if for ANY reason ANY of you can't make it to the draft, let me know ASAP so I can push back the draft time so everyone can make it.

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 03:08 PM
lol...scratch the draft time at midnight. Yahoo won't let me do it, my bad guys :p the new draft time is tomorrow morning at 8 AM central

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 03:27 PM
Yea i know a couple people that said they would join, and I sent them the information too. If they haven't registered yet then I'm not sure they're going to take it seriously. Forget them I guess, unless someone wants a 12 player league, I could ask them again. For now, I'm fine with 10.

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 04:21 PM
Yea i know a couple people that said they would join, and I sent them the information too. If they haven't registered yet then I'm not sure they're going to take it seriously. Forget them I guess, unless someone wants a 12 player league, I could ask them again. For now, I'm fine with 10.

we have 11 people now...1 more to make it 12 *crosses fingers* :D

but yeea...

so i'm going to make the draft tomorrow morning Sunday, Oct 26 @ 8 AM central. We have 11 players now...hopefully 1 more person will join before 8 AM tomorrow so we can have a full 12 players league. If 1 more person doesn't join...we will play a 10 players league and i will have to kick the last person who joined out (sorry bdalakerdude32) cause if we don't have a even number by draft time, according to yahoo rules, we won't be able to have a live draft.

Reference: http://help.yahoo.com/l/us/yahoo/basketball/drafts/hoops-04.html

so yeea...if yall know anyone else who wants to play, now's the time to tell them to join

nYk_wAy
10-25-2008, 06:12 PM
I would like the draft to be tomorrow evening. Somewhere between 5 PM and 8 PM.

FOBolous
10-25-2008, 06:14 PM
so yeea...there has been a complaint from a member that 8 am central in the morning is too early. what do yall think? should I postpone it? If we postpone it...we probably won't be able to draft till Tuesday because I, personally, can't make the rest of sunday because my girlfriend is dragging me out with her and i won't be able to make it on monday because i got school in the morning at work in the evening. In addition to all of that, Yahoo has allotted that the latest time we can draft on Sunday is 5 pm central for some reason...otherwise i would change the time to 11 PM central on Sunday.

thoughts?

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 07:19 PM
what time is it cali time?

clehmun
10-25-2008, 08:34 PM
so yeea...there has been a complaint from a member that 8 am central in the morning is too early. what do yall think? should I postpone it? If we postpone it...we probably won't be able to draft till Tuesday because I, personally, can't make the rest of sunday because my girlfriend is dragging me out with her and i won't be able to make it on monday because i got school in the morning at work in the evening. In addition to all of that, Yahoo has allotted that the latest time we can draft on Sunday is 5 pm central for some reason...otherwise i would change the time to 11 PM central on Sunday.

thoughts?

i prefer to keep it tomorrow morning. just wake up people! ;)

fresh prince
10-25-2008, 10:08 PM
I can do 6 am (Cali Time) but my team may come out looking pretty bad since ill be half awake.

At 6 in the morning my GM skills go from Jerry West to Isiah Thomas

clehmun
10-25-2008, 11:20 PM
I can do 6 am (Cali Time) but my team may come out looking pretty bad since ill be half awake.

At 6 in the morning my GM skills go from Jerry West to Isiah Thomas

actually isiah thomas is pretty good at drafting, so i bet you'll still do well. :smoking:

isiah thomas could be a better fantasy GM than jerry west.

FOBolous
10-26-2008, 12:07 AM
well it looks like everyone who responded who to keep it at 8 central (6 pacific) so that's what we're going to do

LAKERS 24/7
10-26-2008, 01:24 AM
man i gotta wake up 6 in the morning on the sunday? i don't know if i'll be able to make that...

cambovenzi
10-26-2008, 10:02 AM
man i gotta wake up 6 in the morning on the sunday? i don't know if i'll be able to make that...

yeaa that was a pretty bad/dumb call.
i go to sleep and wake up and find out i missed the draft
you cant say its on Wednesday then bump it to right away in the early morning.

FOBolous
10-26-2008, 10:10 AM
yeaa that was a pretty bad/dumb call.
i go to sleep and wake up and find out i missed the draft
you cant say its on Wednesday then bump it to right away in the early morning.

i msg-ed everyone multiple times about this and i waited 24+ hours for responses. i even stayed up late until 1 AM to wait for responses. and not only did i msg everyone about this on PSD multiple times, i posted in this thread and i posted a whole bunch of notes in the league.

cambovenzi
10-26-2008, 10:43 AM
yesterday 3:07PM was the first you mentioned it was this morning.
i appreciate the attempt, but i wasnt on last night...
im thinking i dont have to worry about the draft, its on wednesday.
i am out sealing a driveway and helping move things out of a house all day. i go to sleep, wake up, boom draft is gone.
ill do my part to try to update the team, but dont expect me to be super-into a team where i missed the draft b/c you decided to switch it to early in the morning w/o me finding out 1st.

FOBolous
10-26-2008, 10:46 AM
yesterday 3:07PM was the first you mentioned it was this morning.
i appreciate the attempt, but i wasnt on last night...
im thinking i dont have to worry about the draft, its on wednesday.
i am out sealing a driveway and helping move things out of a house all day. i go to sleep, wake up, boom draft is gone.
ill do my part to try to update the team, but dont expect me to be super-into a team where i missed the draft b/c you decided to switch it to early in the morning w/o me finding out 1st.

:(

_Supreme_
10-26-2008, 11:07 AM
If some of you guys want to have yet another team there still is PSD league 4 also (hoping) to draft later today (5 PM East Coast).

Fobolous I read your PM too late, and by the time I did I think your league was already full, so sorry for the fact that I didn't respond untill now.

clehmun
10-26-2008, 09:51 PM
Mike Bibby and Tony Parker.

I'm looking to trade one of the two PGs for a legit bigman.
some teams are lacking PGs so heres the chance!
players can be added to make the trade fair, etc.
send me any offers, try not to low-ball ;)

LAKERS 24/7
10-27-2008, 12:35 AM
Yea I wasn't able to make the draft, it was a little early. I ended up choosing both gilbert arenas and monta ellis, both who are injured. Oh well, we'll see what happens. I'll still be into it unless i start sucking big time.

cambovenzi
10-27-2008, 01:07 AM
on second thought i usuallt have lots of freetime while wandering around here.
feel free to send me an offer or something.
ill try not to finish last