PDA

View Full Version : Kobe: 'I Want Boston' In Finals

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 06:24 PM
Source: BostonGlobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/10/24/after_a_ko_in_finals_lakers_want_rematch/)

Kobe Bryant and the Lakers are seeking revenge, and their preference is to see their bitter rivals, the Celtics, in the NBA Finals again in hopes of making amends for last season.

"Of course, [I want Boston]," Bryant said. "If you see a guy that you fought at lunchtime and he knocked you out, oh, I'm coming back the next day. I don't want the little 4-foot guy. I want the big football player, that's what I want."

Lamar Odom said, "You always want to play against the team you lost to. They're a heck of a team. I would love to play against Boston, personally."

The Lakers were heavily favored over the Celtics in the Finals last season

madiaz3
10-24-2008, 06:26 PM
The Lakers were heavily favored over the Celtics in the Finals last season.

Uhh, not really.
But nice read nonetheless.

LAKERS 24/7
10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
We gonna killem this year!!! I can't wait until the rematch. To the celtics, you better be there in the finals, don't ***** out.

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 06:34 PM
Uhh, not really.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

The Lakers were a 2.5 point favorite in Game 1 in Boston and in Game 2 the Celtics were only a 1 point favorite at home.

KobeIs
10-24-2008, 06:35 PM
Us Laker fans would want no less. I'm sure the NBA wants this to happen as well. Being that the ratings were a bit higher last year.

Sox Appeal
10-24-2008, 06:36 PM
Uhh, not really.

The Lakers where the favorites coming into that series.

Vinny642
10-24-2008, 06:39 PM
too bad lakers wont make finals

Sinattle
10-24-2008, 06:40 PM
We gonna killem this year!!! I can't wait until the rematch. To the celtics, you better be there in the finals, don't ***** out.

Lakers have to get past the Hornets & Rockets first. Celtics IDK the Pistons? Anyways tougher road in the west.

JJ81
10-24-2008, 06:42 PM
At the beginning of last season, nobody expected anything from the Lakers.

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
At the beginning of last season, nobody expected anything from the Lakers.

No one expected them to get Gasol either.

Besides at the beginning of 2003-2004 no one expected anything from the Pistons either, especially not a title.

DreamShaker
10-24-2008, 06:45 PM
I like how Kobe is penciling himself into the Finals....after the Hornets just signed one of the guys who killed them last year....

Suns Man
10-24-2008, 06:47 PM
First off - they both have to get to the finals - and that's no guarantee what with the improvements many teams have made this year. Personally, I don't think either one will get in the finals this year.

Russ

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
I like how Kobe is penciling himself into the Finals....after the Hornets just signed one of the guys who killed them last year....

Especially after getting beat in the final game by nearly 40 points after playing bad as well.

I understand what he is saying that he would like to get Boston again, but that will do nothing but get other teams angry out west for him saying that.

Illuminati
10-24-2008, 06:50 PM
Oh snap hornets got james posey, can you say championship?

FlawlessKB24
10-24-2008, 06:52 PM
Odom's quote says it all
much ado about nothing

AirJordanXVIII
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
If the Lakers get Bynum, I think it would be Lakers in 7.

DreamShaker
10-24-2008, 07:01 PM
Oh snap hornets got james posey, can you say championship?

With the improvement I predict for Julian Wright as well as the addition of Posey and another year from CP3....IMO the Hornerts will make the Finals this year....or at least give the Lakers or whoever else a tremendous scare....

Raidaz4Life
10-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I think the NBA does too.... could you imagine the ratings.... "Lakers Celtics II:Kobe strikes back"

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
I think the NBA does too.... could you imagine the ratings.... "Lakers Celtics II:Kobe strikes back"

Not really, the ratings in the 2004 finals were better.

BoltLakerPadre
10-24-2008, 08:13 PM

Besides at the beginning of 2003-2004 no one expected anything from the Pistons either, especially not a title.

And no body expected Bynum to go down for more than half the season, what's your point? Things changed in the course of a season?

BoltLakerPadre
10-24-2008, 08:18 PM
Especially after getting beat in the final game by nearly 40 points after playing bad as well.

I understand what he is saying that he would like to get Boston again, but that will do nothing but get other teams angry out west for him saying that.

Oh no, he'll make other teams mad by saying he wants a rematch. Are you kidding? That's like saying the Celtics shouldn't say they want a repeat, cause that would make other teams mad. And god forbid one team says they want to win, nothing makes the rest of the NBA madder, than knowing you're opponents want to beat you and go to the finals.

If only they can some how harness that awesome emotion and punish the Lakers for wanting to win.

As for that last game of the finals, yeah, it was a blow out, but if you take that much away from it, you must not have been watching Boston players shooting threes to the end against the Laker's 10-15 players. Sure we lost, but if you think adding James Posey to a team that lost in the Western semi finals is a bigger deal than adding Bynum to a team fought through the toughest division in the history of the NBA to make it to the finals, well you're wrong.

Lebron23
10-24-2008, 09:15 PM
Most Overrated Defender in the history of the NBA. Rondo and Pierce kicked his butt in the NBA Finals.

RocketsRule
10-24-2008, 09:25 PM
I wouldn't want it any other way either. Winning a championship is sweet, but winning against a team that knocked you out the year before would make it sweeter.

LAKERS 24/7
10-24-2008, 09:30 PM
Look at all this hate, just because Kobe said he would like a rematch against the Celtics

I wonder how much hate he'd get if he said "Realistically, making the finals back to back is very tough, and with Houston and New Orleans in the mix, I'm not sure we can do it"

What do you expect him to say?

still1ballin
10-24-2008, 10:36 PM
Most Overrated Defender in the history of the NBA. Rondo and Pierce kicked his butt in the NBA Finals.

I like your sig. Lebron/Big Z/Gibson now that is a real big 3:rolleyes:

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:25 PM
Only kobe would say this, God Dam Kobes Hard.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 12:08 AM
If Kobe makes it to the finals he'll get his wish. That's a pretty big IF though. I think it's going to be the Hornets, Rockets, or Jazz that makes it outta the West but, if the Lakers make it to the finals this year Boston will send em home in 5 this time. Maybe even sweep em.

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 12:26 AM
And no body expected Bynum to go down for more than half the season, what's your point? Things changed in the course of a season?

Big Deal about Bynum. He was a nobody. Gasol was a guy who took his team to the playoffs 3 years in a row and won 50 games with them. Gasol was/is an allstar, Bynum was just another guy who played good for a few games.

NYMETS6986
10-25-2008, 12:35 AM
i think houston is gonna knock out la this year....

KeithLBC
10-25-2008, 03:45 AM
You guys are making a big deal over nothing. Who says Boston's a lock for the finals this year? It's a long season, who knows what'll happend.

Besides, all Kobe was doing was answering a question from a reporter. It's not like he was a homer and said "we got bynum, we're gonna go 82-0 and destroy Boston 4-0 in the finals this year"

lakerboy
10-25-2008, 08:17 AM
Wow, so much hate. Do you guys even know we got back one of the best Cs in the league now in our team?

Have you even seen him play as of late?

Better or worse than Greg Oden, he is still a force in the paint.

We're going to rip all your balls out. Watch out, *****es.

Bruno
10-25-2008, 08:29 AM
Uhh, not really.

I believe seven out of eight analysis's on ESPN predicted the Laker over the Celtics.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs

Kobe should want the Celtics, Detroit or Cleveland. Wins in all three potential match ups would boost his legacy. Both the Celtics and Pistons have beaten Kobes Lakers in the finals, and a head to head victory against a LeBron led Cavs would quiet (but never silence) a lot of people/arguments.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 12:02 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/playoffs2008/series?series=lalbos

The Lakers were a 2.5 point favorite in Game 1 in Boston and in Game 2 the Celtics were only a 1 point favorite at home.

Why be a hypocrite? In other threads you have made you always say that Jordan was the only NBA star to never lose a series he was favored in and you site reasons for being favored having home court advantage and a better overall record. The Lakers had neither of those things. But you will throw those things out the window just for this argument? The Lakers were not the favorites last year. The team that won 10 more games in the regular season were. The team that had 4 games at home as opposed to 3 were. The team that had 3 future hall of famers were. I guess your going to keep using the "Well, ESPN and Vegas thought you were going to win, so you should have" argument huh?

I also noticed someone posted a thread the other day showing 46% of GM'S thought the Lakers would win the finals this year. You replied that its not a big deal and it "doesn't mean much" and put up a source showing who they picked last year to show they are not always right. Why would you take what an ESPN analyst says as gold and dismiss what a GM says as hog wash? Do you think ESPN or Vegas are always right? If you do I have some swamp land in Florida I would love to sell you.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 12:06 PM
I believe seven out of eight analysis's on ESPN predicted the Laker over the Celtics.

Kobe should want the Celtics, Detroit or Cleveland. Wins in all three potential match ups would boost his legacy. Both the Celtics and Pistons have beaten Kobes Lakers in the finals, and a head to head victory against a LeBron led Cavs would quiet (but never silence) a lot of people/arguments.

Another guy who takes what ever ESPN as money in the bank. What you like an to do an investment in horse manure?

jimbobjarree
10-25-2008, 12:17 PM
?

jimbobjarree
10-25-2008, 12:18 PM
...its a shame that 'I want' never gets

Faneik
10-25-2008, 12:22 PM
Source: BostonGlobe (http://www.boston.com/sports/basketball/articles/2008/10/24/after_a_ko_in_finals_lakers_want_rematch/)

Bring it on!

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 12:24 PM

Not really. I'm pretty sure Kobe said that you have to come back the next day...Which means they will have to get back to the Finals. No team will get angry at this unless they are really unmotivated and their coach is unbelievably hungry for bulletin board material.

BTW--Kobe said during his MVP speech that he will see the fans in June...That didn't do anything to stop the Lakers Finals run did it :rolleyes:

This is much to do about nothing. Kobe and Lamar are simply paying their respects to Boston. They are saying that the Celtics are the best team and the only way to be the best, is to beat the best. I am pretty sure that every team has that exact same quote somewhere in an interview, their site, etc. You just post this one because it's the Lakers.

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
With the improvement I predict for Julian Wright as well as the addition of Posey and another year from CP3....IMO the Hornerts will make the Finals this year....or at least give the Lakers or whoever else a tremendous scare....

Here's the thing DreamShaker, have you seen the Hornet's frontline? They have David West, Tyson Chandler, and...Nobody on the bench. Their bench depth at the PF and C is absolutely atrocious. Maybe the worst out of the Western Conference power teams...

Now you have the Lakers. Pau Gasol and Andrew Bynum on the frontline. Tyson and West are near their level and certaintly capable of playing beyond their level on any given night, but once the bench comes in then they will get slaughtered.

The Lakers have Lamar Odom as well as Mihm and Powell coming off the bench. Now if the Hornets decide to keep their frontline in for nearly the whole game then fatigue will set in and the fresh and rested Gasol and Bynum will take them to school and probably dominate. The Lakers bench is ridiculously intimidating. And I'm not just saying that as a Lakers fan. I heard these same sentiments from basketball analysts as well as coaches (Sam Mitchell of the Raptors).

G-Funk
10-25-2008, 04:13 PM
Lakers will cruise through the playoffs we did it last year, now with Bynum and Ariza healthy it will only help my predictions. Hopefully we don't see the little 4 footer kid(Lebron) and see the Big Football player(Big 3) in the finals.

G-Funk
10-25-2008, 04:32 PM

Jealousy is a female trait.

BALLER71
10-25-2008, 04:38 PM
Good for the NBA, the past few years the finals have been a piece of ****.
Watchin Boston and Lakers will be great.

hotpotato1092
10-25-2008, 04:47 PM
For those of you who say the Laker's won't make the Finals: Really? Let's make some comparison's here
Lakers vs Jazz: Let's just say, for arguments sake, that Deron and Boozer offset Kobe and Pau (which they don't but bare with me), That basically means it's Odom, Bynum, Fisher and one of the best benches in the league vs Okur and... well... not much else.

Lakers vs Hornets: Let's just say Kobe and Paul offset each other, which is reasonable, that means that it's Pau, Bynum, Odom and Fisher vs Chandler, West, Peja and Mo pete in terms of starting five. Not a huge mismatch but the Lakers are a bit better. But the Lakers have one of the best benches in the league, the Hornets main weakness is their bench. The hornets starters will be exhausted at the end of games and late in the series while the lakers will be fresh, so the lakers will win this one

Lakers vs Rockets: This is the most feasible. Let's just say that Tmac, Artest and Yao offset Kobe, Pau and Odom. I'd take Bynum, fisher, and an amazing bench over Scola and Alston and a pretty good bench. This series could go 7, but I'd take the Lakers

Now onto Kobe wanting the Celtics. Who could blame him? They just embarrased him in the Finals, and being the ultra competitive person Kobe is, he wants revenge. Second, Paul Pierce just spent the entire summer talking about how he, not kobe is the best player in the league. Do you think Kobe noticed? He's just biding his time until he gets to play the celtics and put Pierce back in his place.

J$mo0th_3o5
10-25-2008, 04:55 PM
To lose again

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 04:57 PM
Why be a hypocrite? In other threads you have made you always say that Jordan was the only NBA star to never lose a series he was favored in and you site reasons for being favored having home court advantage and a better overall record. The Lakers had neither of those things. But you will throw those things out the window just for this argument? The Lakers were not the favorites last year. The team that won 10 more games in the regular season were. The team that had 4 games at home as opposed to 3 were. The team that had 3 future hall of famers were. I guess your going to keep using the "Well, ESPN and Vegas thought you were going to win, so you should have" argument huh?

I also noticed someone posted a thread the other day showing 46% of GM'S thought the Lakers would win the finals this year. You replied that its not a big deal and it "doesn't mean much" and put up a source showing who they picked last year to show they are not always right. Why would you take what an ESPN analyst says as gold and dismiss what a GM says as hog wash? Do you think ESPN or Vegas are always right? If you do I have some swamp land in Florida I would love to sell you.

What do you mean Hypocrite!!

I pointed out how furious I was that the "so called experts" could pick the Lakers to be the favorite considering Boston had the best record in the league. Not only that, but the fact they picked the Lakers as a 2.5 point favorite in game 1 on the freaking road in the finals against a team that won more games was even more ridiculous.
I actually considered Boston the favorite. In fact, like you said I always say the team with HCA is the favorite and that is true IMO. That is why you have the better record because you are supposed to be the better team. Just like the Lakers were the favorite over Detroit in 2004 and lost.
The one thing I must say though is that both teams were #1 seeds in their respective conference as well, so techinically either team can win the series and if one is a favorite it shouldn't be by much.

Also it's funny that you mention the Celtics have 3 hall of famers, when really only KG is the only that for sure will make the hall of fame.
Also the fact that many were saying the big 3 of Kobe, Gasol and Odom were better than the Big 3 of KG, Pierce and Allen.

Truthfully speaking the Lakers was Boston's easiest of their series last year.

theuuord
10-25-2008, 04:59 PM
I had no doubt the Celtics were going to win last year. More often than not a championship comes down to the big men on the court, and Garnett was by far the best in the Finals last year.

However, if Bynum continues to develop as good as he has been, the combination of him and Gasol is scary for any team...

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 05:01 PM
Now onto Kobe wanting the Celtics. Who could blame him? They just embarrased him in the Finals, and being the ultra competitive person Kobe is, he wants revenge. Second, Paul Pierce just spent the entire summer talking about how he, not kobe is the best player in the league. Do you think Kobe noticed? He's just biding his time until he gets to play the celtics and put Pierce back in his place.

Put him back in his place? The guy was playing on a busted knee and became a lock down defender all of sudden. If Kobe was going to put Pierce in his place then he should have done so while in the FINALS and not wait another year. That is just absurb and makes no type of sense.
I wish I would be in the finals and lose to a team where the guy who played the best for them in the playoffs was playing injured and began to lock me down when he wasn't even known as a good defender.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 05:05 PM

So what. 8 outta 8 picked the Lakers over the Celtics in last years finals. All that tells you is if your a betting man then bet against the team that the ESPN analysts picked because they most of the time dead wrong.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 05:11 PM

I pointed out how furious I was that the "so called experts" could pick the Lakers to be the favorite considering Boston had the best record in the league. Not only that, but the fact they picked the Lakers as a 2.5 point favorite in game 1 on the freaking road in the finals against a team that won more games was even more ridiculous.
I actually considered Boston the favorite. In fact, like you said I always say the team with HCA is the favorite and that is true IMO. That is why you have the better record because you are supposed to be the better team. Just like the Lakers were the favorite over Detroit in 2004 and lost.
The one thing I must say though is that both teams were #1 seeds in their respective conference as well, so techinically either team can win the series and if one is a favorite it shouldn't be by much.

Also it's funny that you mention the Celtics have 3 hall of famers, when really only KG is the only that for sure will make the hall of fame.
Also the fact that many were saying the big 3 of Kobe, Gasol and Odom were better than the Big 3 of KG, Pierce and Allen.

Yeah it most definitely was the easiest series of the playoffs and that's the scary part. Also to the guy who said that the Lakers have one of the best benches in basketball. Please. They have the same bench they had last year. Luke Walton, Farmer, and Sasha is an alright bench. Not even close to being the best though. That's crazy talk.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 05:23 PM

I dont remember you ever saying you were furious that the Lakers were favored. I just know I have seen you reply to many people people who have said the Lakers were the underdogs and it would have been an upset if they beat the Celtics. You always reply by saying "Not really" and then posting a link to ESPN or Vegas odds. By doing that you are basically saying you thought the Lakers were the favorites because ESPN said so, and thus blew an opportunity to beat a weaker team.

I know who you would consider to be a favorite. But when you constantly try to say the Lakers were favorites cause ESPN and Vegas said they were, goes against your opinion and would make you a hypocrite.

And the Lakers were not the easiest series. If you remember, game 1 the Lakers were winning the whole game, Peirce ques the Rocky music and momentum changed. Game 2 the Celtics were up by 2 points with 48 seconds left. Game 3 was never really in doubt. Game 4 the Lakers were leading by 24 points, thought the game was over and folded their tents. Game 5 was close with a Laker victory. Game 6 was an absolute blow out. One game out of 6 was not a contest. As opposed to the Hawks getting blown out all 4 games in Boston. In the 4 games the Celtics won, they won by totals of 23, 19, 25, and 34. Averaging to a margin of 25.25 points per game. So do you still think the Hawks were the tougher series? Of course you do. 7 games> 6 games right?

Jonathan2323
10-25-2008, 05:28 PM
Kobe should just worry about getting to the final instead of hoping for a rematch.

Jonathan2323
10-25-2008, 05:29 PM

Yeah it most definitely was the easiest series of the playoffs and that's the scary part. Also to the guy who said that the Lakers have one of the best benches in basketball. Please. They have the same bench they had last year. Luke Walton, Farmer, and Sasha is an alright bench. Not even close to being the best though. That's crazy talk.

There bench is one of the best because Odom is starting the game on the bench this year and Farmer should be starting. I would take there bench over most teams.

goku
10-25-2008, 05:32 PM
i want a million dollars

mlisica19
10-25-2008, 05:36 PM
Yeah cuz no one liked boston... everyone hates boston so they root for LA... but Boston was suppose to win the finals since they played their first game...

I LOVE KOBE attitude toward basketball... here we go again

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 05:36 PM
[QUOTE=cmoneytakemoney;7115365][/B]

There bench is one of the best because Odom is starting the game on the bench this year and Farmer should be starting. I would take there bench over most teams.

Agree.

Mihm, Mbenga
Odom, Powell
Ariza, Walton
Vujacic
Farmar

is a very good bench. The only real weak replacement off the bench would be Mihm. But Odom will come in to spell Bynum moving Gasol to Center. When Bynum comes back in, Gasol gets a rest. Which means that at all times the front court consist of a duo of Bynum/Gasol, Gasol/Odom, Bynum/Odom.

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 05:40 PM
Of course you do. 7 games> 6 games right?

No I say the so called experts considered the Lakers favorite, not that I did. And I also show the amount of people who said the Lakers would win or not.
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=13145

And yes the Hawks put the Celtics 1 game from elimination. Whether or not they blew them out is irrelevant because Boston was on the brink of elimination against Atlanta not LA.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 05:44 PM
No I say the so called experts considered the Lakers favorite, not that I did. And I also show the amount of people who said the Lakers would win or not.

And yes the Hawks put the Celtics 1 game from elimination. Whether or not they blew them out is irrelevant because Boston was on the brink of elimination against Atlanta not LA.

Okay, so if that is the way you judge, I guess the Lakers and the Pistons were the easiest series, right? Cause they both only got to game 6. So why did you exclude the Pistons from your assesment of the easiest series? If scores do not matter, or how tight the games were, was not a factor. Why single out the Lakers as the easiest series?

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 05:47 PM
Okay, so if that is the way you judge, I guess the Lakers and the Pistons were the easiest series, right? Cause they both only got to game 6. So why did you exclude the Pistons from your assesment of the easiest series? If scores do not matter, or how tight the games were, was not a factor. Why single out the Lakers as the easiest series?

Because the Pistons tied the series at 1-1 and 2-2. Boston was always in control in the LA series. It was 2-0, 3-1, 3-2 and 4-2.

Boston had to win pivotal games in the other series where the series were tied, it never got that way against the Lakers.

You see the reasoning now?
:D

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 05:49 PM
http://www.prosportsdaily.com/forums/poll.php?do=showresults&pollid=13145

So now because the Lakers had more fans on PSD means something? No true fan of a team would pick the opposing team to win in the finals! Your going to use that as an argument for the Lakers being favorites as well now? My 87 year old grandmother thought the Lakers were going to win as well. I'll have her right a blog about it so you can copy it and paste it the next time someone says the Celtics were the favorites. That ought to shut them up.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Because the Pistons tied the series at 1-1 and 2-2. Boston was always in control in the LA series. It was 2-0, 3-1, 3-2 and 4-2.

Boston had to win pivotal games in the other series where the series were tied, it never got that way against the Lakers.

You see the reasoning now?
:D

Okay, but my argument for the Pistons being the easier series is that they lost 2 games on their home court. One being the clinching game. The Lakers only lost once and won their close out game. The Pistons folded like cheap tents in front of their own fans. The Hawks series was a joke. Not once did anyone think the Hawks had a chance. They got blown out the first 2 games. The Celtics relaxed. They knew they were going to win. And if the series was a 2-2-1-1-1 instead of a 2-3-2 like it was in the finals, the Laker could have probably gotten to game 7. The Cavs gave the Celtics the best series. Ill admit that. But if you remember for the first 2 series, Ray Allen could not hit water if he fell out of a boat. Then he started to heat up vs the Pistons, and was red hot versus the Lakers. If he plays like he normally does against the Hawks, it would have been a sweep.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 06:13 PM
[QUOTE=Jonathan2323;7115462]

Agree.

Mihm, Mbenga
Odom, Powell
Ariza, Walton
Vujacic
Farmar

is a very good bench. The only real weak replacement off the bench would be Mihm. But Odom will come in to spell Bynum moving Gasol to Center. When Bynum comes back in, Gasol gets a rest. Which means that at all times the front court consist of a duo of Bynum/Gasol, Gasol/Odom, Bynum/Odom.

Josh Powell ,D.J. Mbenga, Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, with Lamar Odom as the 6th man? You call that one of the deepest teams in basketball? Give me a break. That's a decent bench. Not a great bench. No way. The only difference from last year to this is Lamar Odom to the bench and Radmanovich starting and Josh Powell replaces Ronny Turiaf. To me that sounds like a weaker bench and that was a big part of why the Celtics destroyed the Lakers last year. Poor bench play and you really didn't improve it.

LAKESHOW..
10-25-2008, 06:27 PM
kobe bryant and the lakers will get back in the finals yes i want the boston celtics as well but i think lebron will knock*out the celtics and its gonna be lakers v.s. cavs and the lakers will winn

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 06:34 PM
[QUOTE=DODGERS&LAKERS;7115503]

Josh Powell ,D.J. Mbenga, Luke Walton, Jordan Farmar, with Lamar Odom as the 6th man? You call that one of the deepest teams in basketball? Give me a break. That's a decent bench. Not a great bench. No way. The only difference from last year to this is Lamar Odom to the bench and Radmanovich starting and Josh Powell replaces Ronny Turiaf. To me that sounds like a weaker bench and that was a big part of why the Celtics destroyed the Lakers last year. Poor bench play and you really didn't improve it.

You forgot to mention Vujacic who shot 43% from behind the arc. As well as Trevor Ariza who is a great defensive player and slasher. And yes I do call them the deepest team in the league. Can you name me another?

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 07:10 PM
Put him back in his place? The guy was playing on a busted knee and became a lock down defender all of sudden. If Kobe was going to put Pierce in his place then he should have done so while in the FINALS and not wait another year. That is just absurb and makes no type of sense.
I wish I would be in the finals and lose to a team where the guy who played the best for them in the playoffs was playing injured and began to lock me down when he wasn't even known as a good defender.

He wasn't playing on a busted knee.

He didn't lock down Bryant. The team did. They played a clogging zone where the man defender will force the guard to one side and a forward/center will be waiting in the paint. It is basically a triple team, but it is invisible. It is a great defensive scheme, although it is illegal because the forward/center is often in the paint for more than three seconds not guarding anybody, but that is a discussion for another day.

Kobe didn't say he wanted to put Pierce in his place for one thing. Second, the Celtics were a great team and the Lakers were missing a lot of parts. Not to mention the Lakers didn't get a training camp to work on defensive schemes (which they are doing--they are adopting a similar scheme to the Celtics). The Lakers were missing a 13 and 10 center who may be overrated, but heck, he still averages a double-double with over 2 blocks, people! Not to mention they had people playing out of position and many young players not use to the Finals pressure. This year they will be back with more experience and hopefully all their parts.

What is an absurb by the way?

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 07:20 PM

DJ Mbenga is on IR. Not the bench.

Lamar Odom averaged 14 and 11 last year while shooting an extremely high percentage. He is a starter on almost every single team in the league. He is a near all-star calibur player.

Jordan Farmar averaged 9 PPG while shooting 38% from three last year and 46% from the field. And oh yah, he is 21 years old and is vastly improving.

Sasha Vujacic averaged 8 PPG in limited minutes behind Kobe Bryant. Not to mention he shot 43% from three point land whole attempting a lot of threes at 270. He was tops 8 in the league and set a franchise 3 pt. FG% record. He is good and merely 24 years old.

Trevor Ariza averaged 7 and 4 last year with the Lakers while shooting 50%. He is a slasher who plays great with the bench mob in the uptempo style and has developed quite a shot. He is also only 23 years old.

Josh Powell is a guy who averaged 5 and 5 last year. Those numbers are better than Ronny Turiaf and he is also younger than Turiaf. The guy is a hard-nosed rebounder who plays tough and does his job on the glass. He also has a nice midrange game.

Chris Mihm is finally healthy! The guy was a starter in this league when he went down and now all he has to do is play limited minutes to give a breather to Bynum and Gasol. He averaged 10 and 7 when healthy. Pretty solid player and is looking good.

Luke Walton is another solid player who has a high IQ. He averaged 7 and 4 last year and was playing on a busted ankle. He got surgery and is looking a lot better. He is looking like the player who use to be a starter in this league.

And you are saying this isn't the deepest bench in the league? Mark Jackson even said there isn't a single player on the Lakers bench that he wouldn't trust in game situations while many teams have a few of those players. All those Laker bench players are capable of being starters in this league. Lamar Odom is nearly an all-star caliber player. Jordan Farmar is clearly going to be a starting PG soon and would be on many teams. Vujacic would start on a few teams. Ariza did start for a while. Powell was a starter for a while on the Clippers. Mihm was a consistent starter as was Luke Walton.

kylem4711
10-25-2008, 07:36 PM

Lamar Odom averaged 14 and 11 last year while shooting an extremely high percentage. He is a starter on almost every single team in the league. He is a near all-star calibur player.

Jordan Farmar averaged 9 PPG while shooting 38% from three last year and 46% from the field. And oh yah, he is 21 years old and is vastly improving.

Sasha Vujacic averaged 8 PPG in limited minutes behind Kobe Bryant. Not to mention he shot 43% from three point land whole attempting a lot of threes at 270. He was tops 8 in the league and set a franchise 3 pt. FG% record. He is good and merely 24 years old.

Trevor Ariza averaged 7 and 4 last year with the Lakers while shooting 50%. He is a slasher who plays great with the bench mob in the uptempo style and has developed quite a shot. He is also only 23 years old.

Josh Powell is a guy who averaged 5 and 5 last year. Those numbers are better than Ronny Turiaf and he is also younger than Turiaf. The guy is a hard-nosed rebounder who plays tough and does his job on the glass. He also has a nice midrange game.

Chris Mihm is finally healthy! The guy was a starter in this league when he went down and now all he has to do is play limited minutes to give a breather to Bynum and Gasol. He averaged 10 and 7 when healthy. Pretty solid player and is looking good.

Luke Walton is another solid player who has a high IQ. He averaged 7 and 4 last year and was playing on a busted ankle. He got surgery and is looking a lot better. He is looking like the player who use to be a starter in this league.

And you are saying this isn't the deepest bench in the league? Mark Jackson even said there isn't a single player on the Lakers bench that he wouldn't trust in game situations while many teams have a few of those players. All those Laker bench players are capable of being starters in this league. Lamar Odom is nearly an all-star caliber player. Jordan Farmar is clearly going to be a starting PG soon and would be on many teams. Vujacic would start on a few teams. Ariza did start for a while. Powell was a starter for a while on the Clippers. Mihm was a consistent starter as was Luke Walton.

crazy Armenian.... josh powell started because elton was hurt. he is not a good player. the clippers even let him go. luke walton does have a high iq, but is on the wrong team for his abilities. he will be average to below average like he always is. mihm is junk. he got hurt yesterday anyway. like he always does. ariza is an unproven player.

lamar and jordan are good. cant take away from them.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 07:41 PM

Lamar Odom is the only scorer coming off the bench. The Celtics bench was better than the Lakers last year and they're still better because the Lakers didn't add anyone to a bench that disappeared in the finals. They actually lost one of their besg bench players in Ronny Turiaf. The Celtics got Eddie House, Tony Allen, Bill Walker, Leon Powe. That's points and defense from 4 players right there. Not to mention Gabe Pruitt, Sam Cassell, and Big Baby. The Celtics bench is better offensively and defensively. No way the Lakers are getting out of the West this year. They got lucky they missed New Orleans last year because they would have never even made it to finals to begin with.

Bruno
10-25-2008, 07:43 PM
Another guy who takes what ever ESPN as money in the bank. What you like an to do an investment in horse manure?

At what point in my post did I say I agreed with those analysts? I was stating it as a fact, in reference to the previous point, which was that the Lakers were the favorite. Pay attention to detail before you call someone out.

Fool
10-25-2008, 07:47 PM
I don't know why people keep saying that the Lakers were so favored...

GspLAL
10-25-2008, 07:52 PM
Pierce playing on a busted knee? give me a break he looked fresh as if nothing happened..oh wait. The game was close and they needed a booster to get the crowd going and they got it. And he didnt stop anything the team did.

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 07:54 PM
Lamar Odom is the only scorer coming off the bench. The Celtics bench was better than the Lakers last year and they're still better because the Lakers didn't add anyone to a bench that disappeared in the finals. They actually lost one of their besg bench players in Ronny Turiaf. The Celtics got Eddie House, Tony Allen, Bill Walker, Leon Powe. That's points and defense from 4 players right there. Not to mention Gabe Pruitt, Sam Cassell, and Big Baby. The Celtics bench is better offensively and defensively. No way the Lakers are getting out of the West this year. They got lucky they missed New Orleans last year because they would have never even made it to finals to begin with.

:laugh2: You slam the Lakers for their bench yet say the Hornets are the best...When the Hornets have the worst bench for the western conference powerhouses! Hehe. I love how bias PSD can get sometimes.

No offense? Hehe. I guess a player with a franchise record in three-point % isn't offense. Jordan Farmar isn't a good offensive player? Riiight. Hehe. This is one of the funniest posts I've ever read. So contradictory in so many ways. House, Allen, Walker, Powe, Pruit, Cassel and a Bib Baby...Hahaha. This is too funny. The Lakers bench has no offense? The same bench that averaged the most points in the NBA, right? The same bench that stayed the same (Powell and Ronny cancel out--Powell is actually better offensively) except added a 14 and 11 all-star caliber player is supposedly garbage and lacks offense. LOL.

Bruno
10-25-2008, 07:56 PM
I don't know why people keep saying that the Lakers were so favored...

Its being said because odds makers in Vegas took the Lakers, and because 7 out of 8 analysts working for the biggest sports outlet in the world said they would win it.
It was ridiculous for all the odds makers/experts to take the Lakers just because they were lucky enough to play Denver in the first round, and a hobbled San Antonio team in the WCF. The Lakers went 12-3 in the WC playoffs, in comparison to The Celtics going 12-8 in the playoffs before reaching the finals.
The Celtics less than impressive performance against the Hawks, is the sole reason why they were not favorites. They dominated the regular season, they should have been the favorites. They were clearly the best team in basketball all year, with the exception of their 7 game series against the Hawks.

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 07:57 PM
crazy Armenian.... josh powell started because elton was hurt. he is not a good player. the clippers even let him go. luke walton does have a high iq, but is on the wrong team for his abilities. he will be average to below average like he always is. mihm is junk. he got hurt yesterday anyway. like he always does. ariza is an unproven player.

lamar and jordan are good. cant take away from them.

Not Armenian.

He is not? When he was on the Clippers, many of you Clipper fans praised him.

Mihm didn't get hurt. What are you talking about?

Ariza is unproven? Hehe. Clipper fans talk up Eric Gordon as the next great player and yet they call a player like Trevor Ariza unproven. Hypocrites...

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 08:03 PM
At what point in my post did I say I agreed with those analysts? I was stating it as a fact, in reference to the previous point, which was that the Lakers were the favorite. Pay attention to detail before you call someone out.

You stating it as a fact that the Lakers were the favorites is why I called you out. You posting a link to ESPN analysts predictions and stating that as proof that the Lakers were favored was the problem I had with your original post. The Celtics were the favorites. They were the better team all year. They had home court advantage. They beat up the Lakers twice in the regular season. Just cause some guys from ESPN (who are never right) thought the Lakers could win, does not make it a fact.

blazerman
10-25-2008, 08:06 PM
I just read every post about last yr and anyway you look at it Boston is the champ's.

Alot of you question Bynum, I for one will say he is for real and would have impacted the finals in a big way. Perkin's isnt nearly as good as Bynum and he affected the Lakers inside game (Powe too), I highly doubt the Celtics would have been able to run the backdoor play as effectively if Bynum would have been there. Boston's rebounding edge would have changed dramatically.

Kobe would have had more freedom to do his thing and Paul Pierce wouldnt have carved up the lane quite as easy as he did(he's a bad man though on the court).

I am not a fan of either team, but they both have my respect and if they both make the finals again and both teams are healthy, I'd take L.A. this yr.

Lakers plus Bynum and Celtics minus Posey

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 08:08 PM

What the hell are you smoking? Let me know so I can stay away from that stuff. I would hate to all of a sudden lose all concepts of reality and make statements that make me look dumb. Come on kiddo, Just say no. Crack is Whack.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 08:10 PM
I just read every post about last yr and anyway you look at it Boston is the champ's.

Alot of you question Bynum, I for one will say he is for real and would have impacted the finals in a big way. Perkin's isnt nearly as good as Bynum and he affected the Lakers inside game (Powe too), I highly doubt the Celtics would have been able to run the backdoor play as effectively if Bynum would have been there. Boston's rebounding edge would have changed dramatically.

Kobe would have had more freedom to do his thing and Paul Pierce wouldnt have carved up the lane quite as easy as he did(he's a bad man though on the court).

I am not a fan of either team, but they both have my respect and if they both make the finals again and both teams are healthy, I'd take L.A. this yr.

Lakers plus Bynum and Celtics minus Posey

Now here is a man who knows his hoops. Good luck Tuesday, your going to need it.:)

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 08:14 PM
Maybe Kobe should be more worried about New Orleans, Houston, Utah, and San Antonio. Because without getting by them, it won't matter who makes it from the east.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 08:16 PM
Maybe Kobe should be more worried about New Orleans, Houston, Utah, and San Antonio. Because without getting by them, it won't matter who makes it from the east.

I dont think so. They should be worried about the Lakers. They Lakers got by them pretty easy. They should have theirs eyes looking ahead, not backwards.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 08:20 PM
I dont think so. They should be worried about the Lakers. They Lakers got by them pretty easy. They should have theirs eyes looking ahead, not backwards.

when you're eyes are ahead, you never see that object hitting you from the side. This is preseason. Who knows what injuries, or problems each team will face. It will depend who is strongest. It is totally arrogant to say that the Lakers don't need to watch for those other teams.

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 08:28 PM
when you're eyes are ahead, you never see that object hitting you from the side. This is preseason. Who knows what injuries, or problems each team will face. It will depend who is strongest. It is totally arrogant to say that the Lakers don't need to watch for those other teams.

Exactly, so why assume that there will be problems. It's been working so far.

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 08:33 PM

An injury can hit any team. You can only look at it from what they have at this point...Unless you really hate the Lakers and hope for them to get injuries.

Lakersfan2483
10-25-2008, 08:39 PM
There was nothing wrong with what Kobe and Lamar said. If a team beat you the previous season, of course you would want to play that team again. Boston won the title, so now they are the "top dog" and in order to be the best, you have to beat the best.....

ARMIN12NBA
10-25-2008, 08:40 PM
There was nothing wrong with what Kobe and Lamar said. If a team beat you the previous season, of course you would want to play that team again. Boston won the title, so now they are the "top dog" and in order to be the best, you have to beat the best.....

Agreed.

DRose#1
10-25-2008, 08:41 PM
I don't care who Kobe wants to play he will play Chicago and Rose will straight up embarass his ***.

scottie
10-25-2008, 08:45 PM
I don't care who Kobe wants to play he will play Chicago and Rose will straight up embarass his ***.

First of all that is just plain silly

2nd Chicago isn't even going to make the playoffs

scottie
10-25-2008, 08:46 PM
Agreed.

None of this matters Who ever comes out of the West is going to play the Pistons. Not the Celts.

MTar786
10-25-2008, 08:59 PM

lets see,
1. KG: lock for HOF
2. Ray allen: gonna be #1 most made three point shooter in nba history soon (over hall of famer who NEVER won an nba title reggie miller). has 1 championship to his record as well.
3. Paul pierce: 1 championship. avergages over 21 or 22 ppg over his career. 1 finals mvp which should be enough for HOF already.

seems to me that they will all make the HOF buddy. but theres no point arguing with u about kobe or the lakers. they clearly dont appeal to u

ShaunRiching9
10-25-2008, 09:11 PM
yah all the lakers fans think they have already made the finals and the season hasnt even started. haha you guys have to make the finals before you start saying who you want to play there. and why would you want boston youd lose brutally again anyway

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 09:11 PM

:pity:

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 09:21 PM

No one is saying they dont need to watch out for the other teams in the west. But if you prepare for the best, it should not matter who else comes along your way. If the Lakers focus on how to beat teams they already beat, that would mean they would end up exactly where they were last year. 2ND prize in a beauty contest. If I were the Celtics, I would not worry about the Lakers. I would only worry about making our team even better. They were the best and should not have to adjust to anyone. The Lakers do not have to adjust their game to get past the Jazz and the Spurs. The Jazz and Spurs have to find a way to get passed the Lakers.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 09:30 PM
No one is saying they dont need to watch out for the other teams in the west. But if you prepare for the best, it should not matter who else comes along your way. If the Lakers focus on how to beat teams they already beat, that would mean they would end up exactly where they were last year. 2ND prize in a beauty contest. If I were the Celtics, I would not worry about the Lakers. I would only worry about making our team even better. They were the best and should not have to adjust to anyone. The Lakers do not have to adjust their game to get past the Jazz and the Spurs. The Jazz and Spurs have to find a way to get passed the Lakers.

agreed, I am only saying the Lakers cannot afford to overlook anyone, period. I personally think New Orleans is the best team in the NBA this season, but that is my opinion totally, and I could be way wrong. The Lakers look tough, I watched their preseason game against OKC, Bynum looked really good, he moved well, and has soft hands, but it was OKC. I think the Lakers are obviously a top 2-4 team. But if they look past anyone, they will fail.

Lakersfan2483
10-25-2008, 09:43 PM

JB, you are one of the most knowledgable guy's on here, but I have to disagree with you. Pierce was okay, if he suited up, I don't buy that argument that he was playing on a busted knee. I am one of those people that believe if you suit up, you are ready to go, "NO EXCUSES." So, let's not make this into a Willis Reed type of performance. I could say the same thing about Lamar having a bad knee as well (which he did not reveal until after the finals were complete).

As far as Pierce being a lockdown defender, no way!! The Celtics used a variety of players to guard Kobe and played a box in one type defense on him. My issue was Phil not figuring out a way to counter this defense and put Kobe in a better position to score. Pierce played decent defense, but Ray Allen was the primary defender on Kobe. Posey also spent significant time guarding Kobe as well. Rondo and T. Allen guarded him as well. It was a collective effort that slowed down Kobe.

The Celtics were the better team and Kobe did not play up to par, but Pierce was not the reason he did not.

Let's look at Pierce's number for the series and Kobe's

Pierce- 21.8 ppg, 6.3 apg, 4.5 rpg on .432 fg pct.

Kobe- 25.7ppg, 5.0 apg, 5 rpg, 3spg on .410 fg pct.

Based on those numbers, Kobe shot a lower pct, but it was not as if Pierce "outplayed" him significantly. I will say this, Kobe did not perform like his usual self, no excuses for him, he should have played better.

Check out Pierce's supporting cast in the series

KG- 20ppg, 10rpg
R. Allen- 20ppg on .50pct shooting

LA's supporting cast

Gasol- 14ppg, 10rpg
Odom- 13.5ppg, 9rpg

Overall, the Celtics "TEAM" outplayed the lakers.

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 09:47 PM
What the hell are you smoking? Let me know so I can stay away from that stuff. I would hate to all of a sudden lose all concepts of reality and make statements that make me look dumb. Come on kiddo, Just say no. Crack is Whack.

Dude The Lakers DID NOT improve their bench from last year to this year. Moving Odom from the starting 5 to the bench might improve your bench a little bit but, it weakens your starting 5. If Danny Ainge called Phil Jackson and said I'll trade Eddie House, Leon Powe, and Tony Allen for Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, and Sasha Vujaicic trust me. Phil would say yes before he blinked. Any coach would. That's a no brainer. House, Powe, and Tony can score in bunches and all 3 can play great defense. Farmar is alright defensively but, they other 2 are so soft defensively just like the rest of the Lakers team. SOFT

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 10:04 PM
Dude The Lakers DID NOT improve their bench from last year to this year. Moving Odom from the starting 5 to the bench might improve your bench a little bit but, it weakens your starting 5. If Danny Ainge called Phil Jackson and said I'll trade Eddie House, Leon Powe, and Tony Allen for Jordan Farmar, Luke Walton, and Sasha Vujaicic trust me. Phil would say yes before he blinked. Any coach would. That's a no brainer. House, Powe, and Tony can score in bunches and all 3 can play great defense. Farmar is alright defensively but, they other 2 are so soft defensively just like the rest of the Lakers team. SOFT

Once again you make statements that make no sense. The Lakers moved Odom to the bench and replaced him with a 7 foot 300 pound monster. That does not weaken the starting lineup.

And House, Powe and Tony Allen for the Lakers you listed would be a joke. You couldnt even get Farmar for those clowns.

And saying the Lakers are soft is a joke. The one game the Celtics had to play without their starting center, they were out rebounded, and gave up 15 more points in the paint. The Celtics were soft without their defensive center. Just like the Lakers were. KG is just as soft as Pau! Just cause he cusses does not make him a tough player. He takes more jump shots than any 7 footer not named Dirk. He does not like to bang. He is soft and mushy like my poop the morning after I had too much beer. This year, I hope Perkins goes down while the Lakers are at full strength. Then we can talk about how soft the Celtics are while Bynum gets to dunk on Patrick O'Bryant or Brian Scalabrine.

cahawk
10-25-2008, 10:14 PM
Lakersfan2483 says....No excuses, if you suit up your ready to go.

Umm, and so why after after every bad game by kobe..we heard about his little pinky?

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 11:14 PM

Umm, and so why after after every bad game by kobe..we heard about his little pinky?

umm you didn't?

DRose#1
10-25-2008, 11:51 PM
Celtics won't get to the finals because the Bulls will. and Rose will poop on Kobe in the process.

cmoneytakemoney
10-26-2008, 12:19 AM
Once again you make statements that make no sense. The Lakers moved Odom to the bench and replaced him with a 7 foot 300 pound monster. That does not weaken the starting lineup.

And House, Powe and Tony Allen for the Lakers you listed would be a joke. You couldnt even get Farmar for those clowns.

And saying the Lakers are soft is a joke. The one game the Celtics had to play without their starting center, they were out rebounded, and gave up 15 more points in the paint. The Celtics were soft without their defensive center. Just like the Lakers were. KG is just as soft as Pau! Just cause he cusses does not make him a tough player. He takes more jump shots than any 7 footer not named Dirk. He does not like to bang. He is soft and mushy like my poop the morning after I had too much beer. This year, I hope Perkins goes down while the Lakers are at full strength. Then we can talk about how soft the Celtics are while Bynum gets to dunk on Patrick O'Bryant or Brian Scalabrine.

Your funny. You must have been blinded by the bright yellow Lakers jerseys last year or something. All these Lakers fans think that Bynum is the next Olajuwon and, now that he's back it's an automatic title. The Celtics beat the Lakers so easy in last years finals. It was the easiest series we played in the playoffs and, Bynum isn't going to change that. You won't win a title til you get some serious defenders. KG is as soft as Pau? LOL. You are in the minority when you say that. Blinded by the lights.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 12:26 AM

Kobe will be the first to say that his finger wasn't an issue, he "never" uses the excuse that he was injured. He's one of the toughest players I have ever seen.

Furthermore, when has anyone made the excuse that he had a messed up finger and this caused him to play bad??

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2008, 12:39 AM
Your funny. You must have been blinded by the bright yellow Lakers jerseys last year or something. All these Lakers fans think that Bynum is the next Olajuwon and, now that he's back it's an automatic title. The Celtics beat the Lakers so easy in last years finals. It was the easiest series we played in the playoffs and, Bynum isn't going to change that. You won't win a title til you get some serious defenders. KG is as soft as Pau? LOL. You are in the minority when you say that. Blinded by the lights.

No. You are exaggerating big time. He is simply saying that Bynum is better than LO and is a better fit for the starting unit, which makes the starting unit just as strong.

How is that a stretch? How is that bias? How is that saying that Bynum is the next Olajuwon? Are you saying that Lamar Odom is as good as Hakeem?

LeBrowns
10-26-2008, 12:48 AM
too bad boston isnt going to make it back

cmoneytakemoney
10-26-2008, 01:06 AM
No. You are exaggerating big time. He is simply saying that Bynum is better than LO and is a better fit for the starting unit, which makes the starting unit just as strong.

How is that a stretch? How is that bias? How is that saying that Bynum is the next Olajuwon? Are you saying that Lamar Odom is as good as Hakeem?

Lamar Odom's a stiff. I just think it's funny that Lakers fans really believe their team is that much better than it was last year. To me there not. I don't know how you can expect a team that got demolished by the Celtics in the finals, that didn't do anything to improve the team, to all the sudden be the team to beat? The Lakers didn't have the depth to beat the Celtics last year and, they lose Turiaf and now they have the best bench in basketball. Sorry guys but, your not making it outta the West. There's more complete teams out there and, there's most definitely a more complete team in Boston.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 01:17 AM
Lamar Odom's a stiff. I just think it's funny that Lakers fans really believe their team is that much better than it was last year. To me there not. I don't know how you can expect a team that got demolished by the Celtics in the finals, that didn't do anything to improve the team, to all the sudden be the team to beat? The Lakers didn't have the depth to beat the Celtics last year and, they lose Turiaf and now they have the best bench in basketball. Sorry guys but, your not making it outta the West. There's more complete teams out there and, there's most definitely a more complete team in Boston.

We just added a seven foot center that we did not have during our playoff run. Before he was hurt, he avg. 13ppg and 10 rpg, those numbers are not shabby and don't truly illustrate the importance of having a "true" center down low. Gasol was out of position, now it moves him back to his natural position of power forward. We have the luxury of having a guy like Odom come off of our bench, I would say our team looks good.

I am not stating Bynum is Olajuwon or Shaquille, but he is a seven foot, agile center, with good touch, who, I might add, has peformed well during the preseason and played great prior to his injury. He brings a defensive presence down low. He averages around 2 to 3 blks a game and pulls down 10 boards per game. You add Bynum to a team with the best player in the league in Kobe, and you have a great chance of winning a title. I am not guaranteeing anything, but to say that we don't have a complete team is bogus...

Look at our starters: D. Fisher, Kobe, Rad, Gasol, Bynum
Bench: Farmar, Odom, Walton, Ariza, Powell, Walton, Sasha

This looks like a complete team to me. I am not boasting about our team, just stating the obvious, which you seem to be overlooking...

cmoneytakemoney
10-26-2008, 01:26 AM
We just added a seven foot center that we did not have during our playoff run. Before he was hurt, he avg. 13ppg and 10 rpg, those numbers are not shabby and don't tell the importance of having a "true" center down low. Gasol was out of position, now it moves him back to his natural position of power forward. We have the luxury of having a guy like Odom come off of our bench, I would say our team looks good.

I am not stating Bynum is Olajuwon or Shaquille, but he is a seven foot, agile center, with good touch, who, I might add, has peformed well during the preseason and played great prior to his injury. He brings a defensive presence down low. He averages around 2 to 3 blks a game and pulls down 10 boards per game. You add Bynum to a team with the best player in the league in Kobe, and you have a great chance of winning a title. I am not guaranteeing anything, but to say that we don't have a complete team is bogus...

Look at our starters: D. Fisher, Kobe, Rad, Gasol, Bynum
Bench: Farmar, Odom, Walton, Ariza, Powell, Walton, Sasha

This looks like a complete team to me. I am not boasting about our team, just stating the obvious, which you seem to be overlooking...

You don't have a complete team because of one big reason. You don't have that lock down defender like a James Posey, or a Shane Battier, or a Bruce Bowen. You have a bench with no real good defenders. You won't win a title til you get a great defender for your bench. Give Rick Fox a call. LOL

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 01:33 AM
You don't have a complete team because of one big reason. You don't have that lock down defender like a James Posey, or a Shane Battier, or a Bruce Bowen. You have a bench with no real good defenders. You won't win a title til you get a great defender for your bench. Give Rick Fox a call. LOL

James Posey is not a lockdown defender, he's a solid defender, big difference(he plays good team defense). He's a role player as are the other 2 guys you mentioned. So, you are telling me that our title hopes rest on having James Posey and or Bruce Bowen? LOL. You have to come with a better argument than that.

Like I said, we added a seven footer to our team, we will be better defensively. We have our anchor down low. The guys on the bench have improved in terms of being more battle tested and experienced. We have a great chance to make it out of the west this year.

cmoneytakemoney
10-26-2008, 01:58 AM
James Posey is not a lockdown defender, he's a solid defender, big difference(he plays good team defense). He's a role player as are the other 2 guys you mentioned. So, you are telling me that our title hopes rest on having James Posey and or Bruce Bowen? LOL. You have to come with a better argument than that.

Like I said, we added a seven footer to our team, we will be better defensively. We have our anchor down low. The guys on the bench have improved in terms of being more battle tested and experienced. We have a great chance to make it out of the west this year.

Steven A. Smith said the same thing on ESPN last week. Very bad defensive team especially the bench. You should have tried harder to get Posey, or Artest. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, you won't get by New Orleans, Utah, or Houston unless you make a serious trade. I'm just telling it how it is. Sasha, Luke Walton, Josh Powell, and Farmar is a very soft defensive bench. There's no denying that. I seen the way Sasha, Luke Walton, and Farmar play defense in last years finals. It was ridiculous. I'm sorry kid.

Lakersfan2483
10-26-2008, 02:02 AM
Steven A. Smith said the same thing on ESPN last week. Very bad defensive team especially the bench. You should have tried harder to get Posey, or Artest. I hate to be the bearer of bad news but, you won't get by New Orleans, Utah, or Houston unless you make a serious trade. I'm just telling it how it is. Sasha, Luke Walton, Josh Powell, and Farmar is a very soft defensive bench. There's no denying that. I seen the way Sasha, Luke Walton, and Farmar play defense in last years finals. It was ridiculous. I'm sorry kid.

We beat Utah last year with the same team. Houston did not even make it out of the first round last year and New Orleans was eliminated in round 2, so how are any of those teams "currently" better than the lakers???

I will take my chances with our team this year. Our defense will improve this year. Our defense was good enough to make it to the finals last year without Bynum. Now, we add a seven foot center down low, who blks shots and anchors the defense. I think we will be good.

LAKERS 24/7
10-26-2008, 02:12 AM

You talk about us like we're the god damn phoenix suns. we never had 'bad' defense, although it might have looked bad in stretches. Our defense was actually adequate enough to get us within reach of the championship. No team in the west can say that. We were very good last year, and it wasn't a fluke. Even now there's no denying it, we're even better because of Andrew and Ariza. In the gm survey andrew was voted as most likey to have a breakout year, and ariza was second in best at playing off the ball defense.

barreleffact
10-26-2008, 03:29 AM
Good that he wants to see them and avenge his teams loss after last season. however, its never a good idea to get too ahead of yourself. concentrate on getting to the finals first. teams are tougher this year, and a few are outright scary. LO cant shoot well and can definately be very timid, and although our bench is praised...it really isnt that good. if farmar could start and fisher was coming off, it may take away a lot of pressure from our bench. we need some deep range shooters, esp at the 3...and sasha doesnt look like he can be that. he seems like a practice shooter still and lets hope he can change that cuz i want kobe to get at least 2 as the main dog to shut up all his haters...and to show pierce a lesson in humility and respect

gcoll
10-26-2008, 03:56 AM
The odds are against either of them making the finals.

barreleffact
10-26-2008, 04:07 AM
^ not really. the celts are in a favorable conference to make the finals. they could easily get there. the lakers have a tougher road: SA(odd year), NO(cp3 led up n comers), Houston(big 3 if healthy are great scorers and definately have a great team for defense).

blackcat45
10-26-2008, 04:28 AM
here's a better idea stop giving this guy attention..its so pathetic that hes still treated as the NBA's main guy...for the millionth time he is great, but I can do without having to watch the Lakers and this criminal every thursday, friday, or sunday later in the season plus on christmas, halloween, new year's hannukah, and any other holiday!! As I have stated in other forum topics there are 30 teams in the league, is the NBA that blind! I guess so when all it really is about is the dough, and sadly due to the Lakers market people have to think they are watching the NBA's version of an "American Team" or some garbage along those lines...its quite hilarious and makes me miss Jordan more each passing season....PS I would have bet the house on Boston to beat the Lakers..It did not come as a surprise to me

SouljahPhil...
10-26-2008, 04:29 AM
WHat a big deal..guy just want to play the celtics....

blackcat45
10-26-2008, 04:37 AM
lets not worry about who he wants to play....there are other concerns in the world besides kobe f***g bryant's desire to revenge a team he was dominated by...get over it and move on just don't rape anyone in the process please...i wonder if anyone not in this thread is a "laker fan"....buss loveos you guys keep pouring your money to him

blackcat45
10-26-2008, 04:39 AM
there are bigger concerns in the world than kobe freakin bryant's desires to play a team he and the Lakers were dominated by...I am glad a classier group of superstars got what they deserved and not this pampered baby....they would have gone nowhere if Memphis didn't sell out and give Gasol to the Lakers for free essentially

lakerfan4life1
10-26-2008, 04:59 AM
What u expect the man 2 say he wants the raptors or the cavs of course he wants 2 bet the champions. first of all 4 all the laker hater fans out there who dont have a clue about ball go back and watch all the nba finals games. the Laker starters out played the celtic starter except game 6. The key 2 bostons ring was there D and the bench players posey whose gone brown gone 2 lol powe who did there job and played good offense and D. The boston bench was alot better then lakers bench. this season bynum will be back in the starting line up odom farmer the machine ariza powel are the back up. These players are good enough 2 be the 5 starters on alot of teams in the nba. Alot has changed for lakers since last season And they have alot of players they can still trade that will not affect the team at all that there not using ( walton, yue,karl. What has boston done nothing jus lost there best man off the bench posey o yea did i forget 2 mention that posey guy played good D on kobe and lebron in the playoffs lol. You la hater are really on some crazy **** if u think boston goin 2 repeat. YOU lucky if u bet the cavs this year. BOSTON NEEDS to sign more players to compete wid the lakers this year how bout Allan Houston or reggie miller they need the help la lakers is the army u better get the navy

Hawkeye15
10-26-2008, 12:08 PM
An injury can hit any team. You can only look at it from what they have at this point...Unless you really hate the Lakers and hope for them to get injuries.

I would never wish injuries on any team, regardless if I like them or not. That would be kinda sick. I meant any team. The Lakers were hit with Bynum's injury last year. They may be hit with another, or mulitple. So could any team. It is way to early for Kobe to be thinking about the Celtics is all I am saying.

blazerman
10-26-2008, 12:17 PM
Now here is a man who knows his hoops. Good luck Tuesday, your going to need it.:)

Im glad Portland starts the season out against a seasoned playoff team, really the first 5 games are against all the best in the west(for now anyway).

The Blazers can gain alot from this game win or lose and it will give the rookies a feel for playing a top level team on the big stage(not much bigger than the staples ctr).

The Lakers are faves to go back to the finals and just about everybody has Portland in the lower half of the playoff teams, the beauty of it for Portland is we have some very big expiring contracts from non rotation players(25/30mil)and can put a trade together before the deadline to add a major piece or two to our team for the 2nd half of the season to the mix we already have:clap

As it stands now, LA is top dog :smoking:

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-26-2008, 12:47 PM
Im glad Portland starts the season out against a seasoned playoff team, really the first 5 games are against all the best in the west(for now anyway).

The Blazers can gain alot from this game win or lose and it will give the rookies a feel for playing a top level team on the big stage(not much bigger than the staples ctr).

The Lakers are faves to go back to the finals and just about everybody has Portland in the lower half of the playoff teams, the beauty of it for Portland is we have some very big expiring contracts from non rotation players(25/30mil)and can put a trade together before the deadline to add a major piece or two to our team for the 2nd half of the season to the mix we already have:clap

As it stands now, LA is top dog :smoking:

But if I were you, I would not want them to make a trade for anybody. I think your stars are going to be Brandon Roy and Greg Oden. Everyone else is really young. I say grow with that team. What would be good for you is if no one picks up Darius Miles. Then you would have some cap room to sign some veterans. But as far as trading for someone, I would want to keep that core together for a few years. I think they are going to be great.

l GeArs l
10-26-2008, 02:03 PM
Bobcats are going to win the Championship this year. Thread/

kylem4711
10-26-2008, 02:48 PM
Not Armenian.

He is not? When he was on the Clippers, many of you Clipper fans praised him.

Mihm didn't get hurt. What are you talking about?

Ariza is unproven? Hehe. Clipper fans talk up Eric Gordon as the next great player and yet they call a player like Trevor Ariza unproven. Hypocrites...

many of us praised him? got any proof of that? nope

ariza is unproven. eric gordon is unproven. how does the fact that we as clipper fans think he is going to be great come into play? we know he is unproven.

i dont think you know what hypocrite means. freakin armenian ;)

kylem4711
10-26-2008, 02:50 PM
:laugh2: You slam the Lakers for their bench yet say the Hornets are the best...When the Hornets have the worst bench for the western conference powerhouses! Hehe. I love how bias PSD can get sometimes.

yeah, you can be pretty biased towards the lakers... i love laker myopics.

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2008, 02:57 PM

The Lakers are not and never were a very bad defensive team and please provide me a link where Smith said this because I am pretty sure he did not. Last year, the Lakers were ranked 6th on the defensive end. With Bynum, the Lakers were ranked 3rd. How is that a bad defensive team?

Farmar and Sasha are pretty solid defenders. I have no idea what you are talking about. Not to mention Trevor Ariza who is considered a very good defender and Lamar Odom who is solid himself. BTW--The bench is never going to be in as a whole. Bynum, a good defender, will probably be in with the bench or Kobe Bryant, Defensive 1st team player.

Here is the thing people are ignoring. Last year, with Gasol, the Lakers didn't have any defensive schemes because they didn't have a training camp to work together. The Lakers played primarily man defense, which didn't work in the Finals. This year, with a training camp, the Lakers and the coaching staff have installed many zone/clogging defensive schemes which are working extremely well. They actually adopted many of the Celtics schemes. The bench is extremely good defensively with their knack for getting steals and pressuring full-court. I have no idea what you are talking about.

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2008, 03:01 PM

Didn't improve the team?

So adding a 20 year old 13 and 10 center is not improving. Not to mention a 7 and 4 small forward who is very good defensively and is also very young at age 23. Not to mention having their 20 and 9 player move to his natural position. Also adding a power forward/center who averaged 5 and 5, which is better numbers than Ronny Turiaf put up. Not to mention the fact that their point guard has dramatically improved and they had a whole training camp to work on defensive schemes.

If that is not improving then I have no idea how else a team can improve.

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2008, 03:10 PM
many of us praised him? got any proof of that? nope

ariza is unproven. eric gordon is unproven. how does the fact that we as clipper fans think he is going to be great come into play? we know he is unproven.

i dont think you know what hypocrite means. freakin armenian ;)

Here is some proof of Clipper fans:

Powell did well for us last season. It sucks to see him go

I think that was a big mistake.

He stepped in and had some big games last year. I just think we messed up by letting him go. What's 900k in the big scheme of things?

Powell is going to be a stud somewhere. Hopefully Golden State doesn't sign him. Him and Turiaf would be beasts at the 4 spot.

good luck josh!..i liked him as a player.

I was beginning to like Powell

I would have rather stuck with Powell.

I wasn't lying after all and I had proof. Enjoy. :cool:

LAKERS 24/7
10-26-2008, 04:45 PM

owned

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-26-2008, 04:52 PM
QUOTE=kylem4711;7123149]many of us praised him? got any proof of that? nope

i dont think you know what hypocrite means. freakin armenian ;)[/QUOTE]

Ouch. Guess the jokes on you Jack

kylem4711
10-26-2008, 07:26 PM

ha, got me this time armenian. we appreciated his hustle. he's no big loss of gain though.

kylem4711
10-26-2008, 07:27 PM
owned

yeah. you must play a lot of video games

ARMIN12NBA
10-26-2008, 07:38 PM
ha, got me this time armenian. we appreciated his hustle. he's no big loss of gain though.

Still doesn't change the fact that you guys liked him and some of you guys really wanted him back. Why when he goes to the Lakers, he becomes a scrub all of a sudden?

TrueHooper
10-26-2008, 07:41 PM
Lakers want no part of the Boston Celtics. They tear up Kobe

Blue Tiger
10-26-2008, 08:15 PM
The Lakers want their @$$es whooped again that badly.

kylem4711
10-26-2008, 11:23 PM
Still doesn't change the fact that you guys liked him and some of you guys really wanted him back. Why when he goes to the Lakers, he becomes a scrub all of a sudden?

what im saying is that he has always been one to me. he tries hard, so you have to respect that, but he just isn't that good.

i do have to say he is my favorite laker though

innovator
10-26-2008, 11:28 PM

i expected the lakers to get either JO or gasol last season

Rumeye
10-26-2008, 11:35 PM
I guess we should just pencil in the Lakers as the representatitves for the Western Conference in the Finals.

LAKERS 24/7
10-26-2008, 11:41 PM
yeah. you must play a lot of video games

Ironically, I don't play any. Last game I played was Super Mario Brothers years ago. Loved that game though

bclin
10-27-2008, 12:12 AM
I'm not sure what the fuss is about here. Kobe wanting to face the celtics in the finals again isn't exactly declaring that the Lakers are going to the finals. He wants to play them. He's not saying it's a foregone fact that he's going to see them. And plus, wouldn't you want a rematch if you were Kobe? I hate Kobe with all my soul (Suns fan here), but even I can't draw much of a rouse from this.

Also, to annoint the Lakers and Celtics as the top dogs in each conference, before the regular season tips off may be a stretch. Injuries and stretches of bad luck happen over the course of 82 games. What if Pau Gasol breaks his leg (it's happened before...), or Kobe's busted finger acts up? I don't think the Lakers would even make it past the second round in the playoffs. What if any member of the big three (other than Allen) in Boston misses significant time? While their defense is amazing, I doubt they'll have enough firepower to beat Philadelphia or Detroit in a 7 game series.

My point is, to make predictions about who will appear in the finals (which is 7-8 months away, and at least 94 games away) with such conviction, especially BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED, is silly. We've all seen how unpredictable the NBA can be (see Miami during their title defense season, Dallas vs. Miami in finals, etc.). Isn't that why we watch it?

LAKERS 24/7
10-27-2008, 03:42 AM
I'm not sure what the fuss is about here. Kobe wanting to face the celtics in the finals again isn't exactly declaring that the Lakers are going to the finals. He wants to play them. He's not saying it's a foregone fact that he's going to see them. And plus, wouldn't you want a rematch if you were Kobe? I hate Kobe with all my soul (Suns fan here), but even I can't draw much of a rouse from this.

Also, to annoint the Lakers and Celtics as the top dogs in each conference, before the regular season tips off may be a stretch. Injuries and stretches of bad luck happen over the course of 82 games. What if Pau Gasol breaks his leg (it's happened before...), or Kobe's busted finger acts up? I don't think the Lakers would even make it past the second round in the playoffs. What if any member of the big three (other than Allen) in Boston misses significant time? While their defense is amazing, I doubt they'll have enough firepower to beat Philadelphia or Detroit in a 7 game series.

My point is, to make predictions about who will appear in the finals (which is 7-8 months away, and at least 94 games away) with such conviction, especially BEFORE THE SEASON HAS EVEN STARTED, is silly. We've all seen how unpredictable the NBA can be (see Miami during their title defense season, Dallas vs. Miami in finals, etc.). Isn't that why we watch it?

Makes sense and very well put. This isn't a big deal, its whats expected.

Beno7500
10-27-2008, 10:13 AM
You think you can beat Boston just because Bynum is back?

still1ballin
10-27-2008, 10:31 AM

Yeah.

ramansingh3
10-27-2008, 11:07 AM

If we get to the finals again, I hope the Lakers face the Celtics and sweep the series 4-0.

ARMIN12NBA
10-27-2008, 11:29 AM

It is not that Bynum is an elite player, which is what people insinuate Laker fans think when Laker fans say Bynum will make the difference. It is that Bynum fills the Lakers needs, which are defense, rebounding, and blocking shots. Bynum doesn't need to be an elite player at all. Bynum just has to do what he has always done. Play defense, rebound the ball, and block shots.

The Intimidator
10-27-2008, 12:41 PM
Kobe should be careful what he wishes for...;)

agobbi17
10-27-2008, 01:00 PM
Sorry Kobe Bryant. it looks like your gonna have to get past the rockets in the wcf and that aint happenin. GO rockets

BTownTeamsRKing
10-27-2008, 01:53 PM
Yeah.

1 man does not fix a 39 point embarrasing beat down.

JordansBulls
10-27-2008, 02:23 PM

Great Post!!!

G-Funk
10-27-2008, 03:29 PM
Sorry Kobe Bryant. it looks like your gonna have to get past the rockets in the wcf and that aint happenin. GO rockets

The 2 teams in the finals are the teams to beat not the Rockets, the Rockets need to focus on getting out of the first round first.

G-Funk
10-27-2008, 03:36 PM

Idiot, Bynum will make em' Better at PF, SF & at bench
not just at the Center Position get that through your head.

myoo2182
10-28-2008, 10:44 AM

I doubt his knee was even close to as bad as they made it out to be. Carting him off on a wheel chair.. .... . .:clap:
I don't deny he was hurt, he went down and grasped his knee..he was hurt, but he didn't require a wheelchair only to come in and play a short while later.. that was just added cheap drama.
Pierce is no lockdown defender. He played very good D in the finals vs Bryant but then again, it was 4 on 1 when Bryant put the ball on the floor or was in the post. Pierce didn't see a defense like that. Its easy to give pierce the credit for defending Bryant 1 on 1 but clearly it was the team D that gave Bryant fits.

Even when Pierce did well 1 on 1 the fact is Kobe didn't have any room to operate. His teammates weren't exactly putting the fear of God into Boston so they left them wide open and focused on making sure Kobe doesn't have room to dissect whoever they put on him. The Celts did it with team Defense, not a single "lock down" defender.

myoo2182
10-28-2008, 10:45 AM
The 2 teams in the finals are the teams to beat not the Rockets, the Rockets need to focus on getting out of the first round first.

I am a Rockets fan but to say the Rockets are the team to beat when they have done absolutely nothing yet is proposterous.

The Intimidator
10-28-2008, 12:57 PM
1 man does not fix a 39 point embarrasing beat down.

My man! :cheers:

king4day
10-28-2008, 01:29 PM
As an NBA fan I'm picking Hornets/Cavs in the finals.
This rematch would be good of course, but as a Suns fan, I don't wanna see LA succeed, and as a sports fan, I hate seeing teams repeat. So I'd prefer something fresh, but I really believe Hornets/Cavs is a real possibility. I think that'd get more fans at this stage then a repeat finals, despite the teams involved.

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 02:06 PM
As an NBA fan I'm picking Hornets/Cavs in the finals.
This rematch would be good of course, but as a Suns fan, I don't wanna see LA succeed, and as a sports fan, I hate seeing teams repeat. So I'd prefer something fresh, but I really believe Hornets/Cavs is a real possibility. I think that'd get more fans at this stage then a repeat finals, despite the teams involved.

I agree in part. But I would like to see a good finals as well. And really only Boston I think is the team from the east that can beat a team from the west. Just like in 2007 I didn't want to see Cleveland in the finals because I knew they had no shot to beat the Spurs whereas Detroit did.

Tblaze
10-28-2008, 03:22 PM
It's going to be an exciting season, I don't think Boston will be as dominant in the east as they were last year. Alot of teams that were mediocore playoff teams in the east have added talent (philly, toronto, cleveland) And the west is still the west so having the Lakers come out there is no guarantuee at all.. So if I were the lakers I would focus on the ring more then getting revenge on boston..

king4day
10-28-2008, 04:05 PM
I agree in part. But I would like to see a good finals as well. And really only Boston I think is the team from the east that can beat a team from the west. Just like in 2007 I didn't want to see Cleveland in the finals because I knew they had no shot to beat the Spurs whereas Detroit did.

I think LBJ against Kobe could draw more ratings now that I think about it.
But like u said, there're few teams that the Cavs would be able to beat and I don't think LA is one of them. Would be a hell of a show though.

JordansBulls
10-28-2008, 04:22 PM
I think LBJ against Kobe could draw more ratings now that I think about it.
But like u said, there're few teams that the Cavs would be able to beat and I don't think LA is one of them. Would be a hell of a show though.

Ratings are good, but I don't care too much for ratings in themselves. A fan of the game would watch whether ratings will be good or bad. Classic example was the 2005 finals between Detroit and San Antonio. A series that could have gone either way. I'd much rather see two teams go at it in the finals where either of them have a great chance to win it all over a team that is a lot better than it's counterpart because they say the ratings will be better. If anyone needs ratings to watch the game then they probably aren't that much of a fan of it anyway. A fan would watch a good series no matter what.

king4day
10-28-2008, 04:26 PM
Ratings are good, but I don't care too much for ratings in themselves. A fan of the game would watch whether ratings will be good or bad. Classic example was the 2005 finals between Detroit and San Antonio. A series that could have gone either way. I'd much rather see two teams go at it in the finals where either of them have a great chance to win it all over a team that is a lot better than it's counterpart because they say the ratings will be better. If anyone needs ratings to watch the game then they probably aren't that much of a fan of it anyway. A fan would watch a good series no matter what.

Agreed. Which is why I'm watching the World Series :)

ii77daman
10-28-2008, 04:38 PM
boston vs houston, now that will b great ratings

Squad13
10-28-2008, 07:59 PM
boston vs houston, now that will b great ratings

:puke:

Point Blank
10-28-2008, 08:02 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd even watch that.

Lebron23
10-28-2008, 08:05 PM
Yeah, I don't think I'd even watch that.

I want to see the Cavs vs. Lakers in the NBA Finals. That will be the biggest matchup since Magic Johnson vs. Michael Jordan in the 1991 NBA Finals, and Hakeem Olajuwon vs. Shaquille O'Neal in the 1995 NBA Finals.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-28-2008, 08:21 PM
I want to see the Cavs vs. Lakers in the NBA Finals. That will be the biggest matchup since Magic Johnson vs. Michael Jordan in the 1991 NBA Finals, and Hakeem Olajuwon vs. Shaquille O'Neal in the 1995 NBA Finals.

That would be sweeeeet! But that would be mine and all Laker fans second choice. We need to somehow wipe the egg off our face. But 2 years from now, that would be great.

JordansBulls
10-29-2008, 12:44 AM
That would be sweeeeet! But that would be mine and all Laker fans second choice. We need to somehow wipe the egg off our face. But 2 years from now, that would be great.

Do you guys want to play Phoenix because of 2006 and 2007?

LAKERS 24/7
10-29-2008, 01:28 AM
Do you guys want to play Phoenix because of 2006 and 2007?

Not really, we're much better than them at this point, not really competition. We want Boston.

On the other hand, I wouldn't mind playing them at all, especially in the first round. Still would be sweet.

EddieB
10-29-2008, 01:30 AM
Lakers are a better match with the Celtics with Bynum in the middle

bclin
11-06-2008, 06:39 PM
Suns fan here. I would hate to see a Suns-Lakers match-up, at any point in the playoffs.

I was nervous enough seeing Kobe with the ball in 07 (Stoudemire's first season back), much less in 06 (no Stoudemire). Now that the Lakers, on paper, are better than the Suns, I think it'd break my heart.

I think the Houston-Boston match-up would be pretty fun to watch. Ron Artest typically matches up well against Pierce, and they usually get pretty feisty (I like it when teams come close to punches in the playoffs. Call me an instigator!).

On the other hand, I would like to see a Lakers-Celtics rematch. I'm tired of hearing the speculation by Laker fans that they'd wipe the floor with the Celtics with Bynum in the middle, and I'm ready to see what actually happens. 'Nuff talk. Prove it now.

I don't think Cavs-Lakers would be very interesting. Lebron would score 60 every game, Kobe would score 30, and the Lakers would win in 4. Sorry Cavs fans, but I think the days where one elite player can carry a team of role players to the championship are over.

How about a Detroit - New Orleans finals? If all goes well with the AI trade, I wouldn't count out Detroit in the Eastern Conference. CP3 vs. AI would guarantee lots of little guys hitting the deck with big guys like Tyson Chandler and Jason Maxiell in the paint.

LAKERS 24/7
11-06-2008, 06:59 PM
Suns fan here. I would hate to see a Suns-Lakers match-up, at any point in the playoffs.

I was nervous enough seeing Kobe with the ball in 07 (Stoudemire's first season back), much less in 06 (no Stoudemire). Now that the Lakers, on paper, are better than the Suns, I think it'd break my heart.

I think the Houston-Boston match-up would be pretty fun to watch. Ron Artest typically matches up well against Pierce, and they usually get pretty feisty (I like it when teams come close to punches in the playoffs. Call me an instigator!).

On the other hand, I would like to see a Lakers-Celtics rematch. I'm tired of hearing the speculation by Laker fans that they'd wipe the floor with the Celtics with Bynum in the middle, and I'm ready to see what actually happens. 'Nuff talk. Prove it now.

I don't think Cavs-Lakers would be very interesting. Lebron would score 60 every game, Kobe would score 30, and the Lakers would win in 4. Sorry Cavs fans, but I think the days where one elite player can carry a team of role players to the championship are over.

How about a Detroit - New Orleans finals? If all goes well with the AI trade, I wouldn't count out Detroit in the Eastern Conference. CP3 vs. AI would guarantee lots of little guys hitting the deck with big guys like Tyson Chandler and Jason Maxiell in the paint.

Agree with everything you just said, and we are ready to prove it.

Lakers4ItAll
11-06-2008, 07:00 PM
Ofcourse Kobe and all the other Lakers want to face Boston to get revenge