PDA

View Full Version : Who's KEEN on STEEN??

Frank Costanza
10-24-2008, 05:45 PM
Like Him ? HAte HiM? want him gone? want him to be a part of the future?

What does the PSD LEAFS community think of our boy Steen??

con_artist
10-24-2008, 05:57 PM
Hes alright but i dont see him having a role on our team in the near future

McJoe
10-24-2008, 05:59 PM
Steen is my favourite player on the team and I bet you i'm the only one who owns a Steen jersey...lol...but he is so frustrating to watch. He STILL doesn't seem confident enough to take a ****ing shot on net even though he has quite a good wrist shot...If he doesnt have a good year this season like at least 20 goals then I will officially be giving up on Alex cause hes done as a top 6 forward threat...

One good thing about him is he is great in the defensive zone and is a good penalty killer...he could be a part of this team for a long time but he is a very replaceable piece

yahmez88
10-24-2008, 06:14 PM
I think he could be a good third line forward for us worst case scenario. Who knows maybe he will find his scoring touch but I am not holding my breath

nstojic
10-24-2008, 06:37 PM
steen's mediocre, like your threads...

bidi_nash
10-24-2008, 07:14 PM
I think steen is awful he should be out of here asap i think this because I was at a game earlier and he looked very bad

H-MYK
10-24-2008, 08:12 PM
I like him :shrug:

Kaptain Kanada
10-25-2008, 01:10 AM
Steen is my favourite player on the team and I bet you i'm the only one who owns a Steen jersey...lol...but he is so frustrating to watch. He STILL doesn't seem confident enough to take a ****ing shot on net even though he has quite a good wrist shot...If he doesnt have a good year this season like at least 20 goals then I will officially be giving up on Alex cause hes done as a top 6 forward threat...

One good thing about him is he is great in the defensive zone and is a good penalty killer...he could be a part of this team for a long time but he is a very replaceable piece

No kidding

Frank Costanza
10-27-2008, 09:38 AM
i like the kid, the nhl is a tough league and hockey i think is a game where development can either be really fast like a schenn or staggering like steen stajan, but i do feel once you put a lot of game experience in , you do kind of find your role and your strengths i do see him as a 3rd liner and a PK machine in the future but hopefully with 18-22 goals in his repetoire at min, more would make a case for him to be a pivotal piece

Lavy16
10-27-2008, 10:46 AM
I can't believe that Ferguson Jr didn't acquire Chris Pronger because he refused to add Steen to the deal. I bet he'd like to have that trade opportunity back...we could only imagine what direction the team could have gone in.

con_artist
10-27-2008, 04:07 PM
I can't believe that Ferguson Jr didn't acquire Chris Pronger because he refused to add Steen to the deal. I bet he'd like to have that trade opportunity back...we could only imagine what direction the team could have gone in.

yeah, when i heard that the pronger deal fell through because of steen, i wanted to murder ferguson. In hindsight, it was an even worse move than it appeared as steen hasnt panned out at all

AFlagRules
10-27-2008, 04:37 PM
Alex Steen shows flashes of being a really nice player. He reminds me so much of Joey Graham.

Steen isn't producing goals, but hes a very good PKer and he plays good defense.

As for thinking of Steen as an "add-on" player..That's nuts, he's more valuable than an add-on player because he's still very young and still has at least 10 - 15 seasons of Hockey left. Chris Pronger would have made a difference, but do you guys honestly think he gets us into the playoffs?

McJoe
10-27-2008, 06:02 PM
^^when we were getting Pronger i think he would have...that wouldve been a very good team but then again we were also losing Kabby so maybe not

ShaunRiching9
10-27-2008, 06:24 PM

i saw a kid at my school with one lol, but anyway he isnt that great he can be good when he wants to be