PDA

View Full Version : Bobcats shopping Gerald Wallace

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 01:51 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/10/23/the-great-bobcat-panic-begins-gerald-wallace-on-the-block/

MJ wants to trade Wallace...because he wants to start Adam Morrison. :confused:
I think it's MJ's ego geting in the way of doing what is best for the team. He doesn't want to admit that taking Adam Morrison at #3 in the 2006 draft, ahead of Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay was a mistake. Since Adam Morrison isn't nearly as good as Wallace, and can't start over him, he will just get rid of Wallace.

Larry Brown has said that he loves guys that can drive to the basket aggressively and can play defense. Pretty sure Wallace fits that mold very well. Apparenly Larry Brown pleaded with MJ to not trade Wallace over the offseason, but that hasn't stopped him from shopping his during the preseason. The front office of the Bobcats is a joke.

Anyways, what teams do you think would be interested in trading for him? And what do you think the Bobcats could get in return?

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 01:53 PM
He wants to trade their best player to start that bust that he picked. As long as MJ is GM of that team, they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 01:54 PM
He wants to trade their best player to start that bust that he picked. As long as MJ is GM of that team, they wont be going anywhere anytime soon.

Yep, that pretty much sums up MJ's GM abilities. He needs to be fired, and spend the rest of his time on the golf course and with Nike. I think I could be a better GM than MJ.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:05 PM
Yep, that pretty much sums up MJ's GM abilities. He needs to be fired, and spend the rest of his time on the golf course and with Nike. I think I could be a better GM than MJ.

Yeah, i mean his first mistake was drafting Adam, 2nd trading for Nazr and his fat contract. 3rd Drafting DJ :confused: when they have felton. 4th passing on Lopez, not saying hes going to be a superstar but at least he can be a soild center someone like Big Z and move Okafor to his PF postion, **** i would at least gotten his brother robin lopez instead of DJ.

And his only good move was Resigning Wallace, and now he wants to trade him. :confused:

Twistedheat
10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
The Knicks will take him... we will give u z-bo

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 02:10 PM
http://nba.fanhouse.com/2008/10/23/the-great-bobcat-panic-begins-gerald-wallace-on-the-block/

I think it's MJ's ego geting in the way of doing what is best for the team. He doesn't want to admit that taking Adam Morrison at #3 in the 2006 draft, ahead of Tyrus Thomas, Brandon Roy, and Rudy Gay was a mistake. Since Adam Morrison isn't nearly as good as Wallace, and can't start over him, he will just get rid of Wallace.

Larry Brown has said that he loves guys that can drive to the basket aggressively and can play defense. Pretty sure Wallace fits that mold very well. Apparenly Larry Brown pleaded with MJ to not trade Wallace over the offseason, but that hasn't stopped him from shopping his during the preseason. The front office of the Bobcats is a joke.

Anyways, what teams do you think would be interested in trading for him? And what do you think the Bobcats could get in return?

Gerald Wallace for Odom would work.

That would allow the Bobcats to start:

PG Felton
SG JRich
SF Morrison
PF Odom
C Okafor

or even the Bulls would trade perhaps both Gordon and Hughes for him.

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 02:13 PM
I think I'd vomit if I saw Gerald Wallace wearing a Lakers uniform.

$ NyC $
10-24-2008, 02:23 PM
Cause you hate the lakers? loll i WISH he would come 2 the Knicks. Take Curry + Crawford i don't mind.

MiamiHeat
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
Gerald Wallace for one of the best C in the league Mark Blount
then we trade Wallace or Marion for a greater C
:up:

JermanJaysFan
10-24-2008, 02:25 PM
I would LOVE to have him as a Raptor. I don't know what kind of offer we could make though in terms of equal star power. Jose, Bosh and JO aren't going anywhere. It would have to be a package of somthing like Moon or Parker or Kapono, and maybe a young big like Jawai or Hump, plus picks. Yeah, I don't think we could get it done, but I would love soooo badly to have Wallace on our squad. Exactly what the Raptors are missing.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:26 PM
It's probably the best deal they can do to get fair value in return.

I think they can trade him to the Kings for Miller and a pick.

Pg Felton/DJ
Sg Jason/Matt
Sf Adam/Dudley
Pf Okafor/May
C Miller/Nazr

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 02:26 PM

Unless the Mavs agree to trade Josh Howard for Gerald Wallace in a straight up deal.

or even if the Heat traded Marion in a straight up deal for Wallace.

RapsGuy23
10-24-2008, 02:28 PM
The Raptors need a guy like G Wallace to but could not afford him. A greater defender and he attacks the rim. I have no idea what the Bobcats are doing. Adam Morrison is a poor substitute for Wallace

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:28 PM
I would LOVE to have him as a Raptor. I don't know what kind of offer we could make though in terms of equal star power. Jose, Bosh and JO aren't going anywhere. It would have to be a package of somthing like Moon or Parker or Kapono, and maybe a young big like Jawai or Hump, plus picks. Yeah, I don't think we could get it done, but I would love soooo badly to have Wallace on our squad. Exactly what the Raptors are missing.

Yeah you people are a good Wing player scorer away from maybe taking out boston from the east. Can you imagine

Pg Jose
Sg Wallace
Sf Moon
Pf Bosh
C O'Neal

wow :speechless:

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:30 PM

Unless the Mavs agree to trade Josh Howard for Gerald Wallace in a straight up deal.

I dont think that jordan would want Howard in his team.

And dont the Heat want Marions contract to expire, so that they can get cap room?

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:31 PM
Gerald Wallace for one of the best C in the league Mark Blount
then we trade Wallace or Marion for a greater C
:up:

:confused::confused::confused:
wtf

Kabowdos
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
Lamar seems to be only getting unhappy with the Lakers. I would not be surprised if they Lakers make an attempt. If they are going to trade him, many offers will be put on the table. I do not think they get what they want though.

Kabowdos
10-24-2008, 02:41 PM
:confused::confused::confused:
wtf

I know wtf!

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 02:43 PM
This basically proves that MJ is the worst GM in the NBA.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:47 PM

Word. :cheers:

JIDsanity
10-24-2008, 03:06 PM
What do they want? Cap, young players, a Center, a PG, what? Why don't they trade J-Rich?

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 03:14 PM
What do they want? Cap, young players, a Center, a PG, what? Why don't they trade J-Rich?

Don't try to understand the Bobcats front office.

But they do need another big, someone with a post presence. Hmm maybe drafting Brook Lopez would have done something to fix that.

blackcat45
10-24-2008, 03:15 PM

ok first of all I love the highlight you have of Udrih breaking an aging scumbag Bryant's ankles with a crossover....second I love Michael Jordan like no other but I will be the first to say he is certainly not following the path of his playing career in terms of ownership and front office track records...He doesn't seems as committed and determined to be as good a front office guy as he was a play? Can you blame him though when no one was or ever will be his equal and he sees these guys that just don't match up to what he was? Nevertheless he wants to win and what he has done with the Wizards and the Bobcats thus far has been far from promising.

Kwame Brown....Richard Hamilton for Jerry Stackhouse....Felton and May are going to be good players, hopefully as soon as May gets healthy and can contribute...however Adam Morrison is just not a #3 overall pick and I've never liked his game...Larry Bird?? I think not...What the Bobcats really lack is a potent go to man and Richardson or Wallace could be that option, but in terms of their track record and being near their primes, I just think these guys are not able to do it on a nightly basis. And Jordan agrees with me because I've heard him say it, but there are only so many of those guys in the league that can produce almost every night or every night. Trading Gerald Wallace is not going to do anything for the Bobcats. Now if they packaged Wallace with other players to get a go-to guy at the guard or small forward position then they should do that. Honestly, they are steady at point guard and center for sure. What would be the ideal situation is that Jason Richardson becomes that PLAYER they can go to when the game tightens up. He is nearing his prime but its not a long shot that he can expand his game and mentality. I hope all goes well for Jordan's expansion squad :clap:

GiantYankKnicks
10-24-2008, 03:17 PM
MJ is a horrible exec,I like Augustin and think he will be better then Felton but they should have taken Lopez.Maybe MJ got gun shy on drafting a big man because of that other guy he drafted Cough....Kwame Brown.....

$KnicksAndKobe$
10-24-2008, 03:27 PM
Take Curry from the Knicks ... we will even add jamal if you add an expiring and a first rounder

JIDsanity
10-24-2008, 03:29 PM
Don't try to understand the Bobcats front office.

But they do need another big, someone with a post presence. Hmm maybe drafting Brook Lopez would have done something to fix that.

:laugh:
Seriously I don't understand what they're doing. It is very odd to me. The picks the Oakafor signing, and not trading J-Rich. Wouldn't be bad if you got Randolph from the Knicks. I don't see him messing with the Chemistry there

JIDsanity
10-24-2008, 03:30 PM
But you'd have a really short front court. You play Mecca at the 5 anyway.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 03:44 PM
Take Curry from the Knicks ... we will even add jamal if you add an expiring and a first rounder

Who made you GM. :laugh: j/k. Yeah that would be a good trade for the knick but not the cats they dont need Jamals and Currys fat contracts, but knowing MJ i bet he would do that trade. :pity::horse:

ntat
10-24-2008, 03:52 PM
I think they can trade him to the Kings for Miller and a pick.

Pg Felton/DJ
Sg Jason/Matt
Sf Adam/Dudley
Pf Okafor/May
C Miller/Nazr
I would take him back in a second. But we already have k mart. cisco, salmons at the 2-3 spots. But i would do it in a sec. And we still need brad at the 5
He is an above average player, no matter what u fools say

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 03:54 PM

Isiah Thomas as well. Great players don't seem to do that well as GM's. Elgin Baylor also comes to mind.

Really only West and Dumars seem to have done well. Bird is probably in between those guys and Zeke and MJ as far as GM's are concerned.

ntat
10-24-2008, 03:54 PM
I dont think MJ is a good gm, but i dont get why the Rip for Stack was a HORRIBLE trade. At that point in time, stack was better. Now is a different story

SeoulBeatz
10-24-2008, 04:05 PM
Trade Wallace to the Heat for Shawn Marion

and start Marion at PF with Okafor at C

MiamiHeat
10-24-2008, 04:06 PM
Trade Wallace to the Heat for Shawn Marion

and start Marion at PF with Okafor at C

hell nah
why trade a sf to get a sf back?
we need a C

dannyking18
10-24-2008, 04:07 PM
i think the best guy to trade gerald wallace with is lamar odom,one of the best versatile players in this league.and odom has everything wat the bobcats need,another great rebounder a foward with great ball handling skills,great passing.plus gerald wallace would fit great in with the lakers since lakers are thinking young now with bynum back in the mix.

Bobcats:

C-Okafor
Pf-Odom
Sf-morrison
Sg-Richardson
Pg-Felton

Lakers:

C-Bynum
Pf-Gasol
Sf-Wallace
Sg-Bryant
Pg-Farmar

sportsnutzz
10-24-2008, 04:13 PM
Hummm....... wonder if a AK for Wallace trade is possible.

LAKERS 24/7
10-24-2008, 04:25 PM
Gerald Wallace for Odom would work.

That would allow the Bobcats to start:

Granted its only preseason, but the Lakers are playing so well right now, that I'm not sure I'd risk the chemistry we have to attain Gerald Wallace, although he might fit our mold of a 3 better. IMO we already have more than enough talent to win a championship, why risk a roster change at all?

i think the best guy to trade gerald wallace with is lamar odom,one of the best versatile players in this league.and odom has everything wat the bobcats need,another great rebounder a foward with great ball handling skills,great passing.plus gerald wallace would fit great in with the lakers since lakers are thinking young now with bynum back in the mix.

I know we're young, but we are thinking win now as much as any of the contenders. Pretty much, we're thinking win all the ****ing time. :D

Raps18-19 Champ
10-24-2008, 04:31 PM
The Bobcats need a center who could defend PF cuz Okafor wants to play pf but he is too slow

OR

They need a PF who could match up with centers who dont get pushed around by them because okafor is sometimes too lazy so he lets the pf get his man

They could trade Wallace for:

A. Eddy Curry
B. Rasheed Wallace
C. Marcus Camby
D. Boris Diaw
E. Brad Miller

Those are the only ones that could probably be traded straight up and would be even but theres more possibilities

blazerman
10-24-2008, 04:32 PM
I would like to see him in a Blazer uniform this season, were looking for a sf and could put together a fair package depending on what the Bobcats are looking for. The Blazers already have interest in him and could make as good a deal as any team.

The guy from Sac actually has a good trade idea for the Kings/Bobcats, Miller and a pick. Only reason Im commenting on that is it would put a decent big man next to Okafor and would allow the Bobcats an extra shot in the lottery. As for the Kings they would have back a really good sf that will play D and between Martin and Wallace it would give Sac a good foundation.

I can see Wallace in Blazer uniform very soon if MJ decides to put Wallace on the block.
Oden,Roy,Aldridge and Wallace would be a very tough unit offense and defensively.

cameroncrazies2
10-24-2008, 04:35 PM
Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa for Gerald Wallace and Matt Carroll. Is anyone going to stop a backcourt of DJ Augustin and Leandro Barbosa?

Sixerlover
10-24-2008, 04:36 PM
Toronto, Orlando and Utah would be pretty good places for him to land. I don't agree with anything Jordan is doing either

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:37 PM

Bobcats:

C-Okafor
Pf-Odom
Sf-morrison
Sg-Richardson
Pg-Felton

Lakers:

C-Bynum
Pf-Gasol
Sf-Wallace
Sg-Bryant
Pg-Farmar

It wont happen because the Lakers are counting on Odom's expiring contract to try to resign Bynum. If they trade for Wallace i dont think they would be able to re-sign bynum. Since Wallace is under contract for another 4 years.

cameroncrazies2
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2166~49~2167~1018~1026~1013~10 24&teams=30~11~30~11~21~30~21&te=&cash=

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:39 PM
Boris Diaw and Leandro Barbosa for Gerald Wallace and Matt Carroll. Is anyone going to stop a backcourt of DJ Augustin and Leandro Barbosa?

This one could work but dont think so. :no:

homestarunner93
10-24-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow, If MJ trades G-Force I might give up on the Bobcats.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:43 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=2166~49~2167~1018~1026~1013~10 24&teams=30~11~30~11~21~30~21&te=&cash=

They said, their not trading Jason. And why would the suns want Tinley :confused: Nash still has 2 or 3 years left in him, Which is pretty much when tinleys contract expires in 3 years, if your thinking about tinsley taking over nashs job when he retires. :rolleyes:

Randy West
10-24-2008, 04:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~1026&teams=30~23&te=&cash=

I would do that one in a heartbeat

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
Hummm....... wonder if a AK for Wallace trade is possible.

Why would the bobcats trade Wallace a Better player, for Cry baby AK.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:45 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=556~1026&teams=30~23&te=&cash=

I would do that one in a heartbeat

Yep thats the trade idea that i posted in the Bobcats Forum. Brad Miller for Wallace.

29$JerZ
10-24-2008, 04:46 PM
I hate the idea of trading Gerlad when he isn't the problem.

However if a team was to go after him I would assume the Lakers, Cleveland, Indiana, Portland, and Toronto would go after him seeing as how most of the listed teams have big expirings and some bigs.

Gerald Wallace for Wally + AV
or
Gerald Wallace for Odom
or
Gerald Wallace for Rasho Nestrovic + filler
etc

SwaggaIke
10-24-2008, 04:51 PM
If I recall correctly, Bob Johnson pressured Jordan into taking Morrison for marketing reasons. I would hope Jordan would have taken Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy under regular circumstances. But I wouldn't mind a Marion for Wallace swap.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 04:58 PM
If I recall correctly, Bob Johnson pressured Jordan into taking Morrison for marketing reasons. I would hope Jordan would have taken Rudy Gay or Brandon Roy under regular circumstances. But I wouldn't mind a Marion for Wallace swap.

Wasn't it the other way Johnson wanted roy and jordan wanted Morrison.

SwaggaIke
10-24-2008, 05:00 PM
Wasn't it the other way Johnson wanted roy and jordan wanted Morrison.

Not the way I remember it. Johnson wanted Morrison to put a nationally known face on the organization and bring in more dollars.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:03 PM
Not the way I remember it. Johnson wanted Morrison to put a nationally known face on the organization and bring in more dollars.

The way i remember it was that johnson wanted Roy, Jordan wanted Morrison. :down:

Halladay
10-24-2008, 05:07 PM
The Raptors and Bobcats had a deal on the table in the offseason. The base of the deal would've been Wallace for Ford. We took O'neal instead. It's hard to pass up on a big man right? I like Wallace(who doesn't?) but his concussion's scare me a bit for someone who plays as hard as he does. That's the only negative thing about him. I know for a fact that the Raptors would be interested, with Wallace, we'd probably be the best team in the East. Could we get a deal done? unlikely. I wouldn't even know where to start. We don't have alot of trading chips since the only guys they'd probably deal for Wallace are youngsters with alot of potential-Kris Humphries, a future double-double man, Roko Ukic, a rookie PG who we all believe is going to be very good one day and Andrea Bargnani...I don't think I need to say anything about him lol.

Halladay
10-24-2008, 05:08 PM
I hate the idea of trading Gerlad when he isn't the problem.

However if a team was to go after him I would assume the Lakers, Cleveland, Indiana, Portland, and Toronto would go after him seeing as how most of the listed teams have big expirings and some bigs.

Gerald Wallace for Wally + AV
or
Gerald Wallace for Odom
or
Gerald Wallace for Rasho Nestrovic + filler
etc

FYI Rasho was traded to Indiana in the Ford/O'neal trade. :cry:

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:09 PM
The Raptors and Bobcats had a deal on the table in the offseason. The base of the deal would've been Wallace for Ford. We took O'neal instead. It's hard to pass up on a big man right? I like Wallace(who doesn't?) but his concussion's scare me a bit for someone who plays as hard as he does. That's the only negative thing about him. I know for a fact that the Raptors would be interested, with Wallace, we'd probably be the best team in the East. Could we get a deal done? unlikely. I wouldn't even know where to start. We don't have alot of trading chips since the only guys they'd probably deal for Wallace are youngsters with alot of potential-Kris Humphries, a future double-double man, Roko Ukic, a rookie PG who we all believe is going to be very good one day and Andrea Bargnani...I don't think I need to say anything about him lol.

He would have those Concussions because he would start at the PowerFoward postion and since he isn't that big he would get knocked around.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:10 PM
FYI Rasho was traded to Indiana in the Ford/O'neal trade. :cry:

He had to be O'Neal has a pretty chucky contract. :D

rhino17
10-24-2008, 05:11 PM
Adam Morrison has played 1 season, he is not a bust

bostncelts34
10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Yeah you people are a good Wing player scorer away from maybe taking out boston from the east. Can you imagine

Pg Jose
Sg Wallace
Sf Moon
Pf Bosh
C O'Neal

wow :speechless:

and their just gonna magically get Wallace without giving up Jose, moon or anyone? lol

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:16 PM
Adam Morrison has played 1 season, he is not a bust

Maybe, but hes been labeled a bust since players like Roy and Rudy that were picked after him have had WAYYY better seasons then people think Morrison can put up.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:18 PM
and their just gonna magically get Wallace without giving up Jose, moon or anyone? lol

Parker ,Bargnani, and a 1st. Pretty sure they can get wallace for that. :mad: Quote:"LOL."

IndyRealist
10-24-2008, 05:55 PM
Rasho Nesterovic, and Maceo Baston for Gerald Wallace.

Indiana gets Wallace to play PF in their run n' fun system. Troy Murphy shifts to C.

Charlotte gets Rasho, a true C who can defend, hit jumpers and is an excellent passer. Okafor moves to PF and...ahem...Adam Morrison starts at SF. Baston is a solid backup big, at either position. Both players Charlotte gets in return are on expiring contracts.

Optionally Indiana can throw in Jamaal Tinsley, and Charlotte can either send Nazr Mohammed (horrible contract) or a combination of Raymond Felton and Sean May.

KobeIs
10-24-2008, 06:25 PM
This sorta reminds me of the Kwame Brown story.

Need I say more?

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 07:04 PM
Parker ,Bargnani, and a 1st. Pretty sure they can get wallace for that. :mad: Quote:"LOL."

would NEVER do that. Wallace's game has changed so much since his concussion problems began and his contract is extremely long. I don't even know if I would give up Parker for damaged goods on a long contract.

maybe something like, Kapono/Humphries/Moon/1st rounder for Wallace/Brown/Davidson (The Raps are at the min. roster size and would need trade fillers) Hump would fill in when May gets injured.

Beno7500
10-24-2008, 07:14 PM
Donte Greene for G Force

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 07:17 PM
Donte Greene for G Force

You do realize that
A) Money doesn't come close to working
B) That's not even close to fair value for Wallace

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 07:25 PM
You do realize that
A) Money doesn't come close to working
B) That's not even close to fair value for Wallace

you likely won't get fair value, a guy with concussion problems, an altered game because of it and a long contract.

cmoneytakemoney
10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
Imagine Gerald Wallace coming off the Celtics bench and then when Ray Allen retires a Celtics starting lineup of?

Rondo-PG
Pierce-SG
Wallace-SF
Garnett-PF
Perkins-C

Talk about a dynasty. Who could beat that team? Wow!

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 07:36 PM
you likely won't get fair value, a guy with concussion problems, an altered game because of it and a long contract.

His game isn't really altered. He got those concussions mostly because he was playing out of position. Now that he's back full time at SF, it shouldn't be much of a problem.

cmoneytakemoney
10-24-2008, 07:41 PM

You say concussion problems like he's injury prone or something. If you get hit hard enough in the head your gonna get a concussion. It doesn't matter if you've never had one before or if you've had several. It's not like football where you get hit every single game. It's basketball. It's a non contact sport. Concussion problems LOL?

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 07:45 PM
You say concussion problems like he's injury prone or something. If you get hit hard enough in the head your gonna get a concussion. It doesn't matter if you've never had one before or if you've had several. It's not like football where you get hit every single game. It's basketball. It's a non contact sport. Concussion problems LOL?

LOL all you like but having an attitude isn't the best way to get your point across. His game involves getting hit, hard, and he's had a few concussions now unless I'm hearing wrong. Some people are more prone to concussions than others, especially after you've had a couple (look at Eric Lindros in the NHL.. yes it is a contact sport, but once he got one, he went down consistantly and his career eventually ended). Gerald Wallace hasn't proven that he can stay healthy. His inside shot percentage went from 75% in 06/07 down to just over 50% in 07/08. That has an immense effect on the effectiveness of a guy who is not a particularly good jump-shooter.

DerekRE_3
10-24-2008, 07:48 PM
Actually Dol-Fan has a point. The more concussions you have, the more susceptible you are to them. But hopefully, now that Wallace isn't playing PF anymore, his chances go down significantly of getting another one. Because if he gets 1 or 2 more, he's gonna have to retire.

Vinny642
10-24-2008, 07:53 PM
Hornets get Felton and Wallace for Mo Pete, Melvin Ely and 1st Round pick

cmoneytakemoney
10-24-2008, 07:58 PM
Actually Dol-Fan has a point. The more concussions you have, the more susceptible you are to them. But hopefully, now that Wallace isn't playing PF anymore, his chances go down significantly of getting another one. Because if he gets 1 or 2 more, he's gonna have to retire.

Yeah but, concussions in basketball are a freak thing. They don't happen often and if they do it's probably going to be a flagrant foul on somebody. I could see on a fast break getting fouled hard and falling on your head but, seriously how often is that going to happen to one player. It's not like an NFL quarterback like Trent Green that gets drilled in the head every game and has had several concussions. That's just never going to be a major problem in basketball. Personally I don't think Gerald Wallace's game has changed a bit. He's still a stat sheet filling machine that can d up any SF/SG in the game. Great defender and still very explosive

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Yeah but, concussions in basketball are a freak thing. They don't happen often and if they do it's probably going to be a flagrant foul on somebody. I could see on a fast break getting fouled hard and falling on your head but, seriously how often is that going to happen to one player. It's not like an NFL quarterback like Trent Green that gets drilled in the head every game and has had several concussions. That's just never going to be a major problem in basketball. Personally I don't think Gerald Wallace's game has changed a bit. He's still a stat sheet filling machine that can d up any SF/SG in the game. Great defender and still very explosive

You are using your own opinion and ignoring the facts. Yes, it is a freak thing in basketball, but he has already had a few concussions making him far more susceptible than the average player, especially considering his style of play. There is that risk factor. It is the same thing with a guy like TJ Ford, if he were to take a bad fall again his career may be over, and although it doesn't happen often there is still a risk.

Secondly, you are ignoring the stats which state that Gerald Wallace's shot percentage dropped from over 70% inside/outside to about 50% inside/outside.

Great player, great defender coupled with risk equals a lower than market value return.

jd_azsportsfan
10-24-2008, 08:23 PM
we will give you barbosa???

Beno7500
10-24-2008, 08:25 PM
Barbosa? You're joking right?

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 08:29 PM
Barbosa? You're joking right?

aren't you the guy that proposed Donte Greene?

BkOriginalOne
10-24-2008, 08:32 PM
The suns would love him, but have nothing to offer.
Same thing with the nuggets, unless Mj wanted Kleiza and hunter and maybe a pick?

Lakers cold use the legit SF to play along side kobe. Odom would give them the cap room to get the players they wanted in the offseason.

I'm sure the knicks will call and MJ might be crazy enough to take one of their bad frontcourt players, but Brown would not want to coach them.

Maybe the Mavs can ship Howard for him. Not bad IMO.

Orlando might be a good fit especially for Hedo insurance.
Portland would be a good fit.

Halladay
10-24-2008, 08:44 PM

The point is that Wallace's career is most likely going to end prematurely. Do you want to invest millions into a player who's one play away from his career ending? I don't think you seem to understand concussions. Once you've had one, it doesn't take too much to have another one. I've had three concussions, 2 of them being mild, and I know for a fact that I doesn't take a whole lot to feel the effects. It's a serious injury, he could get hit hard in the chest and it could effect his brain. I just know that because of his concussion problems it drops his value alot. You just need to remember the guy's career is hanging by a thread right now and will be until the day he retires. You don't recover 100% from brain injuries, there's no surgeries or physiotherapy for it. You have it for life. If I'm a GM that scares me. Whoever trades for Wallace is rolling the dice bigtime.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-24-2008, 08:49 PM
Gerald Wallace to Denver!!!!!!! :pray:

ecos797
10-24-2008, 08:51 PM
Seems lk mj just mite one to get rid of him for a player that isn't going to be playing the 3 so maybe cuban should call and offer him jason terry for wallace that way we can start howard at the 2. the mavs would be really good

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 08:59 PM
I think that the heat are going to make a run at him, the heat has already expressed that there not going to resign him because of the negotiontions are going bad and they dont want to lose him for nothing. The heat also were talking to either get a wallace swap or rumors of getting felton or emeka so if the heat can pull that off, it would be great the bobcats will get a 4 time all-star along with a great defender and rebounder.The heat would get a great slasher athletic, rebounder, and scorer:D

TooMuchMomentum
10-24-2008, 09:19 PM
The point is that Wallace's career is most likely going to end prematurely. Do you want to invest millions into a player who's one play away from his career ending? I don't think you seem to understand concussions. Once you've had one, it doesn't take too much to have another one. I've had three concussions, 2 of them being mild, and I know for a fact that I doesn't take a whole lot to feel the effects. It's a serious injury, he could get hit hard in the chest and it could effect his brain. I just know that because of his concussion problems it drops his value alot. You just need to remember the guy's career is hanging by a thread right now and will be until the day he retires. You don't recover 100% from brain injuries, there's no surgeries or physiotherapy for it. You have it for life. If I'm a GM that scares me. Whoever trades for Wallace is rolling the dice bigtime.

I agree with cmoney. You guys are crazy to say this guy is one play away from a career threatening injury and that his value has diminished. He's the same player he was before he ever had a concussion and he's going to be that player for at least another 5 or 6 years. No team is going to give away a superstar player for him but someone will offer a late first round draft pick and a mediocre player or two and Gerald Wallace is worth that.

Cracka2HI!
10-24-2008, 09:26 PM
Wallace for Camby!

cmoneytakemoney
10-24-2008, 09:27 PM
I agree with cmoney. You guys are crazy to say this guy is one play away from a career threatening injury and that his value has diminished. He's the same player he was before he ever had a concussion and he's going to be that player for at least another 5 or 6 years. No team is going to give away a superstar player for him but someone will offer a late first round draft pick and a mediocre player or two and Gerald Wallace is worth that.

Yeah I have never heard anyone besides these two say that said Gerald Wallace's career is in jeopardy and, I just did a quick internet check and, couldn't find any article saying anything like that. Nobody has heard anything about Wallace being one play away from his career being over except these two guys. Maybe you two should be doctors or ESPN anchors because you have info that nobody else in the country has.

RocketsRule
10-24-2008, 09:28 PM
Wallace for Camby!

That actually isn't half bad. Camby would allow Okafor to play his natural position at PF. Wallace would flourish with Baron Davis, getting numerous open dunks at the rim. Sounds like a good deal for both.

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 09:32 PM
Yeah I have never heard anyone besides these two say that said Gerald Wallace's career is in jeopardy and, I just did a quick internet check and, couldn't find any article saying anything like that. Nobody has heard anything about Wallace being one play away from his career being over except these two guys. Maybe you two should be doctors or ESPN anchors because you have info that nobody else in the country has.

it doesn't take a medical expert or ESPN analyst to realize that after a certain amount of concussions one cannot play sports anymore. The point is, now that he's had a few concussions he is more susceptible to more. And if he does have any more, it could put his career in jeopardy. You don't need to search up on the internet to know common knowledge.

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 10:01 PM
The guy is young and not to mention that he has only missed 23 games is the most he has missed in one season. Wade has had several injurys and worst I think and still recoverd and stronger than ever.:rolleyes:

it doesn't take a medical expert or ESPN analyst to realize that after a certain amount of concussions one cannot play sports anymore. The point is, now that he's had a few concussions he is more susceptible to more. And if he does have any more, it could put his career in jeopardy. You don't need to search up on the internet to know common knowledge.

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 10:10 PM
The guy is young and not to mention that he has only missed 23 games is the most he has missed in one season. Wade has had several injurys and worst I think and still recoverd and stronger than ever.:rolleyes:

is there something that you cannot comprehend about the different between a physiological injury (to the body) and a concussion? Which is in fact a brain injury, which contrary to apparent popular belief, can end careers if recurrence occurs. For the third time, once a player suffers a concussion (Gerald has suffered multiple), he is more susceptible to further symptoms and severe damage. Even the guy with Gerald Wallace as god in his avatar is willing to admit this.

da wood
10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
The Bobcats need a center who could defend PF cuz Okafor wants to play pf but he is too slow

OR

They need a PF who could match up with centers who dont get pushed around by them because okafor is sometimes too lazy so he lets the pf get his man

They could trade Wallace for:

A. Eddy Curry
B. Rasheed Wallace
C. Marcus Camby
D. Boris Diaw
E. Brad Miller

Those are the only ones that could probably be traded straight up and would be even but theres more possibilities

that sheed deal would be nice for the cats the only thing is wondering if the pistons would give sheed up without getting another big back in return

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-24-2008, 10:44 PM
he is out his mind if he trades Wallace

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 10:55 PM
Okay Doc slow down with roids!:rolleyes:........How many players in the nfl has had concussions and still played several years in the league look at aikman he kept playing thru all those years and its more of a contact sport. I understand your point but you or I can predict his future and what he is going thru and if doctors the doctors give him the ok so his future is not too much in jepordy T.J Ford still plays and he has had several concussions...although he has not played that well, but its not because of that its because of the ankle and wrist injury!

is there something that you cannot comprehend about the different between a physiological injury (to the body) and a concussion? Which is in fact a brain injury, which contrary to apparent popular belief, can end careers if recurrence occurs. For the third time, once a player suffers a concussion (Gerald has suffered multiple), he is more susceptible to further symptoms and severe damage. Even the guy with Gerald Wallace as god in his avatar is willing to admit this.

_Sn1P3r_
10-24-2008, 10:57 PM
that sheed deal would be nice for the cats the only thing is wondering if the pistons would give sheed up without getting another big back in return

Maybe. They could start rebuilding and put Maxiell and Johnson together. :shrug:

Sox Appeal
10-24-2008, 11:00 PM

There's no way the Pistons would trade Rasheed without getting another big to replace him. Sure, the Pistons have a few nice players behind Rasheed (Maxiell, Amir Johnson, and McDyess) but none of those 3 players are ready to step up and be the best big man on a team.

Dol-Fan
10-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Okay Doc slow down with roids!:rolleyes:........How many players in the nfl has had concussions and still played several years in the league look at aikman he kept playing thru all those years and its more of a contact sport. I understand your point but you or I can predict his future and what he is going thru and if doctors the doctors give him the ok so his future is not too much in jepordy T.J Ford still plays and he has had several concussions...although he has not played that well, but its not because of that its because of the ankle and wrist injury!

Huh? TJ Ford has never had a concussion, he has spinal stenosis. Still the type of injury where one fall could determine the rest of your career, and that's why the Raptors could only get damaged goods in return for him. And umm, if you're referring to TJ not playing well because of ankle and wrist injuries, I'm not sure if you've ever watched the Raptors play. He missed half of the year last year because of that same spinal injury, nothing to do with ankles or wrists. But he was 6th in the NBA for PG PER, not exactly playing poorly.

Yes Gerald has the ability, physically, to play through these concussions. My point is that he is more of an injury risk with each further concussion he gets and that is why the Bobcats will not get equal return for him. I'm not arguing whether or not he's a good player or whether or not his career will be over in 2 years. Simply put, he is an injury risk and when a player has that label the team trading will not recieve equal value in return.

You should inform yourself before posting.

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
Yes, I know that t.j has had spinal injury and I watch they nba more than you think....and yes I know last year he missed half of the season because of spinal injurys. I am not refering to last year in college and his first few years in the leage he suffured minor concussions and yes his career has had wrist and ankle injury you need to look it up!:rolleyes: I do agree with you somewhat on the wallace, but he will be fine and yes I do understand that his trade value is down thats why I mention that the bobcats would take marion in a heartbeat and the heat would recieve wallace and nazr which it would fill our holes and keeps us under the cap for 2010 and not to mention if we need to trade one of them their contract is easier to move than marions.

Huh? TJ Ford has never had a concussion, he has spinal stenosis. Still the type of injury where one fall could determine the rest of your career, and that's why the Raptors could only get damaged goods in return for him. And umm, if you're referring to TJ not playing well because of ankle and wrist injuries, I'm not sure if you've ever watched the Raptors play. He missed half of the year last year because of that same spinal injury, nothing to do with ankles or wrists. But he was 6th in the NBA for PG PER, not exactly playing poorly.

Yes Gerald has the ability, physically, to play through these concussions. My point is that he is more of an injury risk with each further concussion he gets and that is why the Bobcats will not get equal return for him. I'm not arguing whether or not he's a good player or whether or not his career will be over in 2 years. Simply put, he is an injury risk and when a player has that label the team trading will not recieve equal value in return.

You should inform yourself before posting.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:36 PM
Yes, I know that t.j has had spinal injury and I watch they nba more than you think....and yes I know last year he missed half of the season because of spinal injurys. I am not refering to last year in college and his first few years in the leage he suffured minor concussions and yes his career has had wrist and ankle injury you need to look it up!:rolleyes: I do agree with you somewhat on the wallace, but he will be fine and yes I do understand that his trade value is down thats why I mention that the bobcats would take marion in a heartbeat and the heat would recieve wallace and nazr which it would fill our holes and keeps us about 2mil under the cap for 2010 and not to mention if we need to trade one of them their contract is easier to move than marions.

I'm pretty sure Wallace wouldn't be getting any more concussions since he's not playing the PF postion anymore.

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 11:46 PM
I understand, Try to explain that to this DOL-FAN GUY:mad::rolleyes:

QUOTE=l GeArs l;7111281]I'm pretty sure Wallace wouldn't be getting any more concussions since he's not playing the PF postion anymore.[/QUOTE]

cmoneytakemoney
10-25-2008, 12:01 AM
I'm pretty sure Wallace wouldn't be getting any more concussions since he's not playing the PF postion anymore.

That's what I've been saying all day long.

l GeArs l
10-25-2008, 12:05 AM
That's what I've been saying all day long.

Yeah this thread has been pretty crazy. :D

homestarunner93
10-25-2008, 12:34 AM
Here's a trade idea: MJ for a sack of crap. Sounds even to me.

Dol-Fan
10-25-2008, 12:34 AM

what difference does it make? You can be pretty sure of whatever you want, the risk is still there due to his style of play.

I understand, Try to explain that to this DOL-FAN GUY:mad::rolleyes:

my goodness, if I'm getting you that upset I will stop posting here to brighten up your day.

RocketsRule
10-25-2008, 12:35 AM
Here's a trade idea: MJ for a sack of crap. Sounds even to me.

Are you joking?

Whoever is getting the sack of crap won the deal by a lot...

homestarunner93
10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
Are you joking?

Whoever is getting the sack of crap won the deal by a lot...

Yeah, you're right. Maybe if we add in Adam Morrison, Raymond Felton, and Sean May it would be even. Take all the crappy draft picks the org. has made over the years with him.

LakerzDQ
10-25-2008, 02:17 AM

there's not much of a point to trade G-Wallace for Josh Howard or Marion. they're all SFs, and MJ is looking for another position.

jimbobjarree
10-25-2008, 12:03 PM
should get AK, the natural PF ;)

BALLER71
10-25-2008, 12:25 PM
Wallace and Felton for Marion :D

Cavs_Fan24
10-25-2008, 12:31 PM
I dont understand why you'd trade Wallace, I'd trade Morrison if anything. But if the right deal comes along maybe getting a good big-man or guard that can play both spots in return, I'd consider it.

bartlett2266
10-25-2008, 12:34 PM
would jamario moon and 1st round pick do it?

lakers4sho
10-25-2008, 12:44 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~1767~1051&teams=3~30~30&te=&cash=

I'm pretty sure Hornets fans would jump all over this deal...

Tblaze
10-25-2008, 01:39 PM
http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=1026~1767~1051&teams=3~30~30&te=&cash=

I'm pretty sure Hornets fans would jump all over this deal...

I'm pretty sure charlotte could get loads more for Wallace

the blazers have shown interest in him before so I think they could offer an attractive package...

S.J.Basketball
10-25-2008, 01:43 PM

I stopped reading after that. BWAHAHAHA! MJ is also the guy who drafted Kwame Brown! Epic Fail!

These greats we have going from players to coaches, GM's, etc need to STOP. They were great players, but it doesn't make them great at anything else. What a bunch of ********.

JJ81
10-25-2008, 02:04 PM

Why? Don't you want him to win a championship?

DerekRE_3
10-25-2008, 04:19 PM
Why? Don't you want him to win a championship?

I'm a Kings fan as well as a Bobcats fan....so I hate the Lakers.

#1Mavericksfan
10-25-2008, 06:42 PM
I would trade Brandon Bass and Stackhouse and cash for him....the Bobcats would get a strong, young and heathly PF in Bass to play along side Emeka Okafor and then they could use Stackhouse as cap relief or they could just buy him out.

JermanJaysFan
10-25-2008, 06:50 PM
would jamario moon and 1st round pick do it?

Besides the fact that it wouldn't even come close to working out financially, I highly doubt that that would be enough to get the deal done.

Halladay
10-25-2008, 06:52 PM

I think the Canadian education system is clearly working. How people besides us don't seem to understand the difference between something like a shoulder/knee injury and a brain injury is beyond me...

DerekRE_3
10-25-2008, 07:34 PM
I think the Canadian education system is clearly working. How people besides us don't seem to understand the difference between something like a shoulder/knee injury and a brain injury is beyond me...

I'm American...and I understand that the more concussions you get, the easier it is for you to get another one. :hide:

As a niner fan, I saw it happen to Steve Young.

Fool
10-25-2008, 07:48 PM
Adam Morrison REALLY needs to do something with his hair.

mrblisterdundee
10-25-2008, 08:36 PM
Portland needs a veteran, and could use Wallace as the starting small forward. He's not extremely old, and is balanced defensively and offensively. The Blazers should offer up some combination of Travis Outlaw, Nicolas Batum, and an expiring contract like Raef LaFrentz.

MTar786
10-25-2008, 09:28 PM
g wallace for vince carter is a possibility. nets would take this young stud. plus it would help the bobcats

kirilenko, harpring and a 2nd pick for gwallace

outlaw, frye, lafrentz and a 2nd for gwallace

if things dont work out wit odom in la then trade odom for wallace

prince, some bad contract and a 1st or second pick for gwallace

Lost Art
10-25-2008, 11:13 PM
I'd do Odom for Wallace in a heartbeat!

.........but if the Bobcats gave the Lakers the 3-man they've been looking for it would pretty much be OVER........cancel the next 3-5 seasons and just hand the Lakers the trophy :D

zambo4president
10-26-2008, 02:45 AM
Chicago will take him gladly :)