PDA

View Full Version : Derrick Rose drops 30 on mavs, looks like a #1

CrowninMe
10-24-2008, 01:50 AM
D Rose dropped 30 on the Mavs a few days ago. He's looking like a true #1 pick. I've been saying Beasley will be better in the long run, but who knows. Let's see some real games and then we can start evaluating. One thing is for sure though, from the video below you just know he's going to be fun to watch.

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/10/23/derrick-rose-could-actually-be-pretty-damn-good/

LAKERS 24/7
10-24-2008, 04:03 AM
wow. very impressed with his quickness and ability to finish awkward shots.

JordansBulls
10-24-2008, 10:43 AM
D Rose dropped 30 on the Mavs a few days ago. He's looking like a true #1 pick. I've been saying Beasley will be better in the long run, but who knows. Let's see some real games and then we can start evaluating. One thing is for sure though, from the video below you just know he's going to be fun to watch.

http://hoopsoup.com/2008/10/23/derrick-rose-could-actually-be-pretty-damn-good/

I sure hope so, Bulls have needed a franchise player since they traded Brand.

Chi-Town Finest
10-24-2008, 10:55 AM
In my opinion he is already the Bulls best player and he will only get better as the season progresses.

arlubas
10-24-2008, 08:07 PM
D-Rose is gonna be outstanding if no major injuries set him back on his career. People that have followed him through Simeon onto Memphis should already know that. The rest will found out as soon as the season kicks in.

Lebron23
10-24-2008, 09:43 PM
He's going to be a top 3 PG's in the NBA right behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Rose is the now the fastest player in the NBA.

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 09:57 PM
You know I have been saying that beasley or oden would run away with the ROY...but after seeing that he makes a strong case for himself and a ligitamate contender for the ROY and can easily take the bulls to the playoffs and beyond good pick chicago. I just want to say one thing its the preseason so I guess we should not get ahead of our selfs:rolleyes:

da wood
10-24-2008, 10:17 PM
that looked pretty nice but yo. when you talk about roy's you gotta put mayo in that convo. for real.

kswissdaf
10-24-2008, 10:17 PM
he just got serioulsy hurt

Rome
10-24-2008, 10:18 PM
Exactly. Wait and see what he does in the regular season, I don't doubt his
Game but with so many potential ROY candidates its hard to give it to anyone right now or give anyone an edge.

And most number 1 picks are fun to watch.
Kwame Brown, kandiman, etc.
Jk

Overall I still have to go with oden.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:29 PM
Besides the fact that it was a preseason game. The mavs have the Worst Defense when it comes to guarding any of the two guard postions. Every Guard Avgs like 38 points a game againt them. Just look at the Finals when they let Wade go off for like 45 points a game the last 4 games.

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:30 PM
But yeah other then that, rose can ball. But i still think they should of gotten Beasley.

kntresistheheat
10-24-2008, 11:54 PM
:pity::laugh::laugh2::injury::ouch:

Sox Appeal
10-25-2008, 12:05 AM
But yeah other then that, rose can ball. But i still think they should of gotten Beasley.

The people in Chicago would have put a bounty on John Paxson's head if he didn't draft Rose. Rose grew up in Chicago, he won multiple state Championships, and he had a chance to be Chicago's "home town boy". (Like Lebron is in Cleveland) And once it was announced that the Bulls had the #1 pick, Chicago had "Bulls Fever" and that hasn't been around since the Jordan ERA.

l GeArs l
10-25-2008, 12:09 AM
He's going to be a top 3 PG's in the NBA right behind Chris Paul and Deron Williams. Rose is the now the fastest player in the NBA.

wtf its Ford or Wade not Rose. :D

l GeArs l
10-25-2008, 12:10 AM
The people in Chicago would have put a bounty on John Paxson's head if he didn't draft Rose. Rose grew up in Chicago, he won multiple state Championships, and he had a chance to be Chicago's "home town boy". (Like Lebron is in Cleveland) And once it was announced that the Bulls had the #1 pick, Chicago had "Bulls Fever" and that hasn't been around since the Jordan ERA.

Yeah man i feel you, but im just stateing my opinion i think that beasley will be the better player in the long run. But rose will be a good player.

IndyRealist
10-25-2008, 01:40 AM
He's done really well, but again, it's still preseason and you can't judge much by preseason. Plus, the Pacers beat the Mavs twice this preseason. Apparently they came into camp, to a man, way out of shape and they're trying to run this year under Carlisle. Not a good mix. They made my Pacers look like contenders, and they're not.

KG2TB
10-25-2008, 02:09 AM
D. Rose is going to be a TRUE franchise player. What's really exciting so far, more than his numbers is he's looking more comfortable and confident each game. He can smell the team becoming his already and he's feeding off that and playing like he's on a mission. He's only gonna get better. With his quickness, and I'm talking crazy explosive first step and hesitation dribble, if he ever gets a solid jump shot it's just going to be ridiculous how good he'll become. I think he'll live up to it though without a doubt.

MGB
10-25-2008, 02:24 AM

incorrect.

BlondeBomber41
10-25-2008, 03:25 AM
Players put up alot more than 30 in the preseason all the time, doesnt "make them look like a #1 pick"

Gerald Green and Donte Green have put up better preseason games than that this year, just to name two that come to mind.

Draco
10-25-2008, 04:48 AM
Players put up alot more than 30 in the preseason all the time, doesnt "make them look like a #1 pick"

Gerald Green and Donte Green have put up better preseason games than that this year, just to name two that come to mind.

It's the way in which Rose scored 30 by taking over the game when the Mavs were actually trying to win. IMO he made the Mav's look silly.

Chicagofaithful
10-25-2008, 05:20 AM
^^ Fact

Procision
10-25-2008, 05:49 AM
Rose isn't serious hurt for the ****** that posted that and the excited heat fan. He barely got hurt they just kept him out of the game because theres no reason at all to take a risk at the last preseason game.

ridere46
10-25-2008, 06:14 AM
what a talented kid. hope he stays healthy long enough to see what he can do. can't man up that guy; chicago is gonna see lots of zone if d-rose keeps ballin like that video.

arlubas
10-25-2008, 08:47 AM

Bulls' guard Derrick Rose left the team's preseason finale in the first quarter with a hip injury Friday night, but is expected to be okay for the team's season opener on Tuesday night, the Associated Press is reporting.
Where you got the seriously hurt thing is beyond me...

_Supreme_
10-25-2008, 11:01 AM
It's funny that a guy (who is fast and has skill, don't get me wrong) drops 16 of his 30 points and 3 or 4 of his assists in the 4th quarter mainly on Devean George and JuJuan Smith, and gets declared God for doing so :rolleyes:

laker1000
10-25-2008, 11:08 AM
wow the kids got skills.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 11:38 AM
Nice! I love how he can go left or right at just about the same speed. He finishes well at the rim and finishes with both hands. Very impressive. But I dont know if I should give the credit to him for being so fast and getting to the rim or criticize the Mavs D?

Every shot was a layup. Where were the big men to protect the paint? Where were the guards to at least stay out in front of him? Playing defense against a guy who everyone knows does not have a jump shot should be easy. Just give him 3 feet of room to dare him to hit a jump shot. If he makes it, so be it. But I guarantee he wont shoot at a high percentage.

chicagowhitesox
10-25-2008, 11:39 AM
I'm so excited to watch him play. Hope injuries don't slow him down.

Raps08-09 Champ
10-25-2008, 12:32 PM
I think Mayo will have a better first couple of years in the nba than Rose or Beasley

only because beasley too small to play pf and would probably be bullied inside and not as good as a defender to defend sf

and only because rose is crowded with so much guards in chicago

Beasleys problem would take atleast 2-3 years to improve his defence or strenght

but rose problem could be taken care of this season

I think mayo would have good seasons in the next 2-3 years cuz he is probably second option to Rudy Gay in Memphis

arlubas
10-25-2008, 01:31 PM
Nice! I love how he can go left or right at just about the same speed. He finishes well at the rim and finishes with both hands. Very impressive. But I dont know if I should give the credit to him for being so fast and getting to the rim or criticize the Mavs D?

Every shot was a layup. Where were the big men to protect the paint? Where were the guards to at least stay out in front of him? Playing defense against a guy who everyone knows does not have a jump shot should be easy. Just give him 3 feet of room to dare him to hit a jump shot. If he makes it, so be it. But I guarantee he wont shoot at a high percentage.

Have you watched Rose play at all during HS or college? The knock on him wasn't that he doesn't have a jumpshot, it's that he's not consistent with it meaning you will be gambling if you give him the room to shoot the J. If he's off he's gonna shoot bricks but if he's on he's gonna be torching you plus will have the space to operate off the dribble as well after that.

DODGERS&LAKERS
10-25-2008, 01:47 PM
Have you watched Rose play at all during HS or college? The knock on him wasn't that he doesn't have a jumpshot, it's that he's not consistent with it meaning you will be gambling if you give him the room to shoot the J. If he's off he's gonna shoot bricks but if he's on he's gonna be torching you plus will have the space to operate off the dribble as well after that.

I cant say I did. I only seen a couple of his games in college. But I have never seen him hit a jump shot. And giving him 3 feet of space would not allow him to get to the rim easier. It makes it harder to do that. If you press up on a player with a quick first step, he goes right by you. To defend slashing players or guys that want to constantly go to the rim is easy. Just back up and give them space, always go under picks before he can get a full steam a head to the rim, or play a zone defense that all but stops penetration.

And saying that its not that he does not have a jump shot, he is just inconsistent with it, is saying he does not have a jump shot. He would not be taking tons of jump shots if he misses tons of them. His teammates and coaches would not allow him to. He would be hurting the team. So essentially he would be taken out of his game. If he makes them, so be it. He might get hot once in a while. But I would take my chances on him shooting from beyond 15 feet than I would have him at the rim for layups or drawing over help defenders and getting easy buckets for teammates.

I'm not saying he wont be a good player. And I'm not saying it will be easy to stop him. I'm not really even just suggesting that type of defense towards him. Just players that are known to drive 85 to 90% of the time. If I were a coach, that would be my defensive message every time.

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 02:44 PM
IF the Bulls could get Boozer in the offseason or Amare next summer, look out for them.

Sox Appeal
10-25-2008, 03:22 PM
IF the Bulls could get Boozer in the offseason or Amare next summer, look out for them.

You could say the same thing about any team in the NBA.

And, I'm not sure if you guys have the expiring contracts to be able to sign one of these guys.

GSRaider
10-25-2008, 03:42 PM
Rose = superstar

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-25-2008, 03:46 PM

Are you serious? Have you ever seen Allen Iverson the open court? how bout Tony Parker? Or Chris Paul?

JordansBulls
10-25-2008, 05:07 PM
Rose = superstar

Not yet. Let's not overrate the guy yet.

DerekRE_3
10-25-2008, 05:10 PM
You could say the same thing about any team in the NBA.

And, I'm not sure if you guys have the expiring contracts to be able to sign one of these guys.

The Kings do. :D We will have 25 million in cap room in 2010.

Spurred1
10-25-2008, 05:32 PM
But I thought that everyone believed the Mavs sucked in every way humanly possible,so why would this be any surprise to anyone?

Redbull
10-25-2008, 05:34 PM
I am very impressed with D-Rose so far, with his skills and speed he will be something great in the future.

#1Mavericksfan
10-25-2008, 05:59 PM
Man Rose did this in the "preseason" and against some scrubs that didn't even make the team...let me see Rose drop 30 in a real game then we can talk.