PDA

View Full Version : Fox Sports Top 10 Players

JordansBulls
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Source: Foxsports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=8688272#sport=NBA&photo=8699730)

10. Dirk Nowitzki, PF, Dallas Mavericks
He's the best shooting big man in the game and capable of extraordinary runs. But he and the Mavs have dipped. Let's see if coach Rick Carlisle can help Nowitzki and the team get back to where they were.

9. Amare Stoudemire, PF, Phoenix Suns
STAT, if he can manage to avoid injuries -- which seems difficult for him -- could be unstoppable this season with Shaquille O'Neal next to him. He's a way better shooter than people acknowledge.

8. Paul Pierce, SF, Boston Celtics
Although he declared himself the best player in the world, the Finals MVP is not. He did move to the next level because of his finals performance, but let's see if he managed not to get too full of himself.

7. Dwyane Wade, SG, Miami Heat
Despite his injuries the past two seasons, he looked like his old self at the Olympics, so we'll give him the benefit of the doubt. But with his reckless style of play, you have to wonder how long he'll last.

6. Dwight Howard, C, Orlando Magic
The young monster kicked it up a notch last season and the Magic had a chance to go further, if other players had carried their share of the load. Howard still needs to develop on the offensive end though.

5. Kevin Garnett, PF, Boston Celtics
He had his magic moment winning the title last season, showing great leadership and team focus. Garnett has that innate talent that allows him to know what to do at any given moment to win.

4. Tim Duncan, PF, San Antonio Spurs
He's still the most solid all-around big man in the game. Although Duncan hasn't been scoring as much with Tony Parker and Manu Ginobili around, he's doing everything else and getting clutch baskets.

3. Chris Paul, PG, New Orleans Hornets
He made the jump from borderline All-Star to superstar in one fell swoop. Paul is the new-age point guard, with the total package rolled into one. This season they have to carry it to the conference finals.

2. Kobe Bryant, SG, Los Angeles Lakers
Incredible toughness playing through hand injury and still the best clutch shooter in the game. He even showed leadership that carried them to the Finals, where he finally ran out of gas.

1. LeBron James, SF, Cleveland Cavaliers
He's grown up to 6-9, 260 -- Karl Malone size with Michael Jordan explosiveness. Now if he can only get consistent in his shooting, he'll be unstoppable

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 10:22 PM
no deron?

LeBrowns
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
No Deron is a good question. Paul Pierce would not even be considered on this last this time last year. I guess thats what a good playoff does for you.(Looking at you Jerome James)

Wilson
10-23-2008, 10:28 PM
no deron?

:shrug:

You could make a good case that he should be ranked higher than Wade. I don't see how Pierce, Amare and Dirk are all ranked higher than him.

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 10:30 PM
their just making the chip on his shoulder even bigger, and he plays better like that.

if fully fit he should be an allstar and up their in the race to MVP again

JIDsanity
10-23-2008, 10:34 PM
PP the dick head needs to be taken off of the list. I've got no problem with the rest. Put Deron there.

J$mo0th_3o5
10-23-2008, 10:43 PM
Dirk!?!?!?! Wtf lol

goldenstater
10-23-2008, 10:47 PM
i love the Deron. he is the ****! but he kills the Warriors, so no top ten for him damn it! jk, i would put him over dirk i think.

goldenstater
10-23-2008, 10:50 PM
PP the dick head needs to be taken off of the list. I've got no problem with the rest. Put Deron there.

um....... really? why cause he is not the best athlete or what? cause i think PP absoulutly smashed everyone in the playoffs lasts year( esp. kobe!:clap:) so i would not exclude him at all at least for the first part of the year, if you ask me he earned a spot!

b_rad23
10-23-2008, 10:57 PM
:shrug:

You could make a good case that he should be ranked higher than Wade. I don't see how Pierce, Amare and Dirk are all ranked higher than him.

You could also make a case for Pierce> Kobe or Dirk>Lebron but it doesn't make it true. Wade>>>>Deron.

kswissdaf
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
Dirk in the top 10 wowowowowowowowowow

Wilson
10-23-2008, 11:03 PM
You could also make a case for Pierce> Kobe or Dirk>Lebron but it doesn't make it true. Wade>>>>Deron.

I think we can both say that Deron is closer to Wade than Pierce is to Kobe and Dirk is to LeBron.

Granted, Pierce was great in the play-offs, but he's got a way to go before he approaches Kobe over the course of his career. Dirk is a great player, but he hasn't accomplished more than LeBron, and LeBron's 23.

Anyway, I wasn't saying Deron is better than Wade, I was just saying he should be on that top 10. Agree or disagree?

Lord Byron 34
10-23-2008, 11:14 PM
I've got no beef with this list. Deron deserves to be on there, but so do the ten that are on it. I think Carmelo Anthony deserves to be in the conversation as well.

UofA
10-23-2008, 11:23 PM
Seems like there is a new ranking every week. Pierce should not be ahead of stoudamire, and Dirk isn't a top ten player. Deron should've been added.

BillyHoyle35
10-23-2008, 11:51 PM
Dirk deserves top 10, he is a unique player who over the last few years has been a top player in the league (was an mvp not too long ago). Just a couple of bad performances at the wrong times have hurt him. Still a star player that carries his team and creates matchup nightmares.

t-mac1nukka
10-24-2008, 12:19 AM
howard does not deserve to be on that!!!!

G-Funk
10-24-2008, 12:55 AM
Lebron needs to develop a shot, defense, and better ft %. before taking the #1 spot.

DreamShaker
10-24-2008, 01:01 AM
Pierce on that list is pretty bad....

Lakersfan2483
10-24-2008, 02:05 AM
Source: Foxsports (http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/pgStory?contentId=8688272#sport=NBA&photo=8699730)

I don't agree with this list at all. How can Lebron be a no. 1 guy and not even have a consistent jumper, he's great but he has to develop a "complete" game before he surpasses Kobe. Also, Pierce is not a top ten player. Where is Yao Ming and Deron Williams on the list? These lists are ridiculous.

The Real Top Ten:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Tim Duncan
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Dwayne Wade
6. CP3
7. D. Howard
8. Amare Stoudemire
9. Y. Ming
10. D. Williams or Dirk Nowitzki (tough to choose)

DreamShaker
10-24-2008, 02:19 AM
I don't agree with this list at all. How can Lebron be a no. 1 guy and not even have a consistent jumper, he's great but he has to develop a "complete" game before he surpasses Kobe. Also, Pierce is not a top ten player. Where is Yao Ming and Deron Williams on the list? These lists are ridiculous.

The Real Top Ten:

1. Kobe Bryant
2. Lebron James
3. Tim Duncan
4. Kevin Garnett
5. Dwayne Wade
6. CP3
7. D. Howard
8. Amare Stoudemire
9. Y. Ming
10. D. Williams or Dirk Nowitzki (tough to choose)

I like that list....

Lakersfan2483
10-24-2008, 02:51 AM
1. Kobe Bryant- The most complete player in the game today, he has an uncanny ability to hit big shots and take over games. Over the past couple of yrs, he has taken his game to another level in terms of making his teammates better. The best clutch player in the game today. He has a tremendous drive to be the best and is one of the "greatest" competitiors the game has ever seen!!!

2. Lebron James- A phenomenal talent, who posseses great athleticism and great court vision. He's the most gifted athlete the league has seen in yrs. He definitely has taken his game to the next level in terms of playing on both ends of the court. When he develops a consistent jumper and low post-game, he will be virtually unstoppable.

3. Tim Duncan-The best big man in the game today. The quiet assasin, while Duncan is not very vocal, his game speaks volumes on the court. He's a true model of consistency, his team is always ranked at the top and Duncan is the reason for it. Duncan has a great low post game, is clutch and is a great defender.

4. Kevin Garnett-One of the most intense players the game has ever seen. He was the catalyst last year in terms of leading Boston to a championship. A great leader in his own right, who posseses superb footwork and skill for a guy his size. He's widely considered the best low post defender in the game.

5. D. Wade- He is officially back, after taking the world by storm during the Olympic games, Wade is finally healthy and ready to reclaim his place amongst the NBA elite. He's a lightning quick player with unmatched explosiveness. He's one of the top clutch players in the league and it's most fearless slasher!

6. Chris Paul-The best point guard in the game today. CP3 posseses amazing court vision and put up numbers last year that no one has seen since, Earvin "Magic" Johnson. Paul has the ability to make everyone around him better through both his play and his on the court leadership.

7. Dwight Howard- It's the return of the "True" big men, and Howard is the leading man. He's a great defender and the game's best rebounder. Once he develops a more polished post game, the rest of the league is in trouble!!!

8. Amare Stoudemire- The best offensive power forward in the game today. Once he gets the ball around the basket, it's an automatic 2 points. A gifted player with the ability to go inside and outside.

9. Yao Ming- The key for Yao is staying healthy, but when he plays, he's arguably the best center in the game. He has a good midrange game for a guy his size and is a good low post scorer.

10a. Dirk Nowitzki- The best shooting big man the game has seen in quite sometime. He's always ranked at the top of the league in efficiency and scoring. He's also a good rebounder and a talented three point shooter. He's definitely one of the best players in the league.

10b. Deron Williams- One of the game's brightest stars, Williams is a clutch performer and a gifted passer. He is an explosive scorer and is one of the toughest guys to stop on the fastbreak. As the pressure mounts, Williams' game gets better!!

Thoughts..............

Lakersfan2483
10-24-2008, 03:06 AM
I like that list....

Thanks, I don't agree with most of the rankings as you can tell, so I decided to make my own.

NJrockPD
10-24-2008, 03:17 AM
sounds about right to me.

LAKERS 24/7
10-24-2008, 03:46 AM
Like it. I'm not sure the Duncan of today should be ranked that high though. In terms of on court production, I think Chris Paul was more productive last year.

oshea225
10-24-2008, 08:09 AM
i like it, except for i would personally take lebron over kobe. i obivously understand having kobe #1 though haha

Sn1ch_Turna
10-24-2008, 08:13 AM
i dont agree with yao being a top 10 player, he has the hype of a top 10 player, but hes 7'6" and ive never witnessed him really dominate anyone.... he'd have to show he can stay healthy and play well in the post-season vs. other bigtime centers...

Wilson
10-24-2008, 08:31 AM

Why not?

da wood
10-24-2008, 09:18 AM
yeah i agree with you on that one i think you should take yao out the mix he's not top ten

Lebron23
10-24-2008, 10:43 AM
Lebron needs to develop a shot, defense, and better ft %. before taking the #1 spot.

LeBron is actually an underrated defender, and I will not be surprise if the Coaches voted him in the NBA All Defensive Team next year.

Afridi786
10-24-2008, 10:45 AM
Paul Pierce my ***.

_Sn1P3r_
10-24-2008, 10:48 AM

The best center (IMO) doesn't deserve to be on it?

rickyk13
10-24-2008, 10:49 AM
paul pierce and dirk out
williams and bosh in