PDA

View Full Version : Thats how an unbiased list on historical sportsmen go

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 09:04 PM
http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/columnists/simon_barnes/article4958720.ece

Wilson
10-23-2008, 09:08 PM
No Michael Jordan?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 09:12 PM
No Michael Jordan.

Because liek it or not the importance of basket in the world is not that much.

Jordan is the Goat but people overate him a lot when they say he is the best athlete ever or the most important / Known /inlfuential /history changing athlete ever etc etc.

Wilson
10-23-2008, 09:15 PM
No Michael Jordan.

Because liek it or not the importance of basket in the world is not that much.

Jordan is the Goat but people overate him a lot when they say he is the best athlete ever or the most important / Known /inlfuential /history changing athlete ever etc etc.

He's recognizable all over the world though. I know that from my experience, people have heard of Michael Jordan before they've even thought of basketball.

NotVeryOriginal
10-23-2008, 09:47 PM
He's recognizable all over the world though. I know that from my experience, people have heard of Michael Jordan before they've even thought of basketball.

Ditto. Definately desrvese to be on there more than Best. And speaking of pussyballers, Pele is should be on there before Beckham. Hell considering the population of China I wouldnt be surprised if more people knew Kobe, Lebron, Yao or CP than Beckham.

BillyHoyle35
10-23-2008, 10:00 PM
i thought that was a average at best list, didnt like it much

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 10:05 PM
China has a lot of Inhabitants.

But you are forgetting that All the World including the states now follows soccer.

All the world = more than CHinas population.

And to top it the most popular sport in china is.......Soccer.

Pele was great INSIDE the Court, but infortunately in the 60s sports merchandise and broadcasting was in diappers.

Maradona was a bit more popular as he played when media hype and shoe companys started to make some media noise for players.

Beckham has been the right face in the right moment playing at the THREE right clubs .

By the way doesnt Beckham look a lot like this actor..... David Boreanaz ( Buffy, Bones).

JordansBulls
10-23-2008, 10:09 PM
There are no NBA Players on it, so why is it in the NBA Forum again?