PDA

View Full Version : How will the ACC crowd react to Mats Sundin??

Kaptain Kanada
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
Now that Mats is putting himself through physicals and going to Los Angeles for two weeks to get himself back into hockey shape it is clear that he is not going to be hanging the skates up for good.

With the current edition of the Leafs heading towards a youth movement, and not wanting to get themselves involved with any more salary, he will obviously be signing with a different team.

My question is:

How will Toronto Maple Leaf fans react to Mats Sundin when he comes back to the ACC on another team??

Which of the following will happen?

Standing Ovation.

Polite applause

A few boos.

Loud booing and hissing.

I hope that fans take the high road and give Mats the standing-O that he deserves, but Toronto fans have a bad habit of forever booing former players when the come back to town playing for a different team.

yahmez88
10-23-2008, 06:06 PM
If, he comes back I would cheer and would hope others would too all that he did for the team with out any real line mates. I would be pissed if he got booed even though he slowed down our rebuilding process.

yahmez88
10-23-2008, 06:08 PM
:laugh2: at "hissing" I haven't heard that expression in a while

jrice9
10-23-2008, 06:35 PM
Give the man the respect he deserves. He is the best leaf of the last 20 years he deserves our respect and standing oh

McJoe
10-23-2008, 07:06 PM
standing ovation and a few boos imo...he will get boos for not accepting the trade last year but he will get the ovation cause no one would want him to have to be here anyway

jrice9
10-23-2008, 07:39 PM
I dont care about the non-trade anymore due to the fact that it was his right and he exercised it and I accept it. It hurts but he has helped this franchise so much it doesnt matter to me

Kaptain Kanada
10-23-2008, 07:45 PM
I dont care about the non-trade anymore due to the fact that it was his right and he exercised it and I accept it. It hurts but he has helped this franchise so much it doesnt matter to me

I agree with what you're saying, the Leafs gave hime the no-trade clause, we hand-cuffed ourselves on that one.

Hopefully people don't forget all the good years and just focus on last spring. I'd hate to see the classless bums boo him.

H-MYK
10-23-2008, 08:16 PM
Standing ovation, the guy deserves some respect.

Just Win Baby
10-24-2008, 07:36 AM
Ok maybe i'm a bit naive but is there a possibility that Mats fondness to Toronto and willingness to help others learn might mean he signs for the leafs and then come deadline day we can trade his rights for picks ??

The leafs have cap room and clearly need a No 1 scoring centre so is there anything set that means this definately could not happen ??

Like i said i could be naive and if i am i apologise

As for the reaction, no doubt he gets one standing ovation, then cheers and if he scores boo the a%% off him in a funny way, thats what i think he would expect

Just Win Baby

yahmez88
10-24-2008, 10:25 AM
would be nice, but not going to happen

Frank Costanza
10-24-2008, 10:41 AM
ovation from some, but boos from others, there are always some ignorant boos for players no matter how much they have meant to an organization, i hope he either comes back to us, or walks away, love for his last game to have been in blue and white

drewbius416
10-24-2008, 03:18 PM
I love Mats in fact he was my favourite player growing up. I remember him coming to my local community centre in his first year as a leaf and bringing us all tee shirts and hats signing them and playing ball hockey with us. I will forever cherish the moments he brought us on the ice, but as far as I'm concerned he quit on us and we should not show him love in return... He doesnt wanna be a rental player brought in part way thru the season?(like he said last winter) thus not waiving his NTC cuz he wasnt there in the beginning with a team... then WTF is he doing now? He's doing exactly what he told us he wasn't about... my vote is for the boo's

con_artist
10-24-2008, 04:24 PM
Im pissed at him for not allowing a trade last year when he was planning to leave anyways, but he spent so many good years that he deserves a lot of respect, IMO if he doesnt get a standing ovation, it would be disgraceful

ramz.n
10-24-2008, 05:12 PM
well..you got to respect mats...is it just me or does it seem like he doesn't want to leave the leafs?..hes has received so many offers but cliff isnt biting..hopefully he can work out something with the leafs...like sign a 1 year contract WITHOUT a no trade clause..and cliff trades him at the deadline for a polished player with potential and a few draft picks to boost the leafs up a few years of becoming a playoff team again..that would be the ideal plan for me as a leafs fan.