PDA

View Full Version : ESPN Kings Preview

Catfish1314
10-23-2008, 05:06 PM
J.A. Adande- PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 13 They give you everything they've got. Unfortunately, it isn't a whole lot. It would be nice to have a guy to dump the ball to and say, "Get us 30."

Jon Barry - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST:13 Very little talent in the talented West. K-Mart has been a pleasant surprise, but now that he's the only viable option, we'll see how he handles teams coming after him.

Chris Broussard - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 13 I like Kevin Martin, but when he's your franchise player, you're in trouble. He's a high-scoring piece. The Kings can add another piece in the lottery next June.

Ric Bucher - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 13 A leaderless bunch of intriguing young talent. Completely off-the-wall theory: Could coach Reggie Theus be suggesting that Kevin Martin will shrink from the moment his way of goading Martin to prove him wrong?

Chad Ford - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 14 Kevin Martin could average 30 points a night on this squad. He might have to. The Kings have a lot of decent young talent, but I'm not sure any of them are ready.

Jemele Hill - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 12 Kevin Martin is dangerously underrated, and although the Kings play hard every night, they just don't have enough to make a respectable leap.

John Hollinger - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 14 With Mike Bibby and Ron Artest gone, it's Kevin Martin's show. Watch for the high-efficiency sniper to crack the top five in scoring. Also watch for the Kings to crack the bottom two in defensive efficiency -- they were 26th, even with Artest.

Jalen Rose - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 13 Reggie Theus is a good and promising coach although this season the roster won't really give him the chance to show it. Kevin Martin will light it up. Brad Miller will play at a high level.

Chris Sheridan - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 12 The drop-off at the bottom of this conference is precipitous, and it's hard to fathom this team or any of the three below it winning more than 25 games. My big question: Can Kevin Martin make the All-Star team?

Marc Stein - PACIFIC: 5 | WEST: 12 The Kings certainly aren't playoff material in the West. Their full-on youth movement is under way, starring Kevin Martin but little else in terms of recognizable names. They'll be pretty scrappy again, though.

-ESPN

There's considerably more to read on the full article if you haven't seen it yet.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-sacramentoPreview0809

Jon Barry is quite the pisser. Martin, Donte Greene, Jason Thompson, Spencer Hawes, Francisco Garcia, Beno Udrih, John Salmons, Brad Miller...there's talent there. Some of it may be raw, but it's definitely talent.

JR8536
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
haha yeah..i saw that..kevin martin is a good scorer..i mean how can we be in trouble if hes our future??? lol..so dumb..kings will be 7th-8th seed mark my words!

Beno7500
10-23-2008, 06:11 PM
I really don't like any of the ESPN, NBC, ABC.... "professionals"

sacgiants1213
10-23-2008, 07:20 PM
blah blah

i wanna see the team play meaningful games before judging it...

Kyle N.
10-23-2008, 10:21 PM
It would be nice to have a guy to dump the ball to and say, "Get us 30."

That's Kevin Martin! :mad:

M's Fan2411
10-23-2008, 10:26 PM
If Kevin MArtin gets 30 a game he better make the all-star team...Im thinking he goes
28ppg....5rpg....4assists that's a top 10 player what you guys think?

BigEric
10-24-2008, 12:29 PM
Do they really think we are worse than the Warriors???

BigEric
10-24-2008, 12:32 PM
Chris Broussard can **** a goat. If Kevin Martin's your franchise player, youre in trouble? I'm guessing he hasn't watched a Kings game last year...

Kings Faithful
10-27-2008, 07:36 PM
If Kevin MArtin gets 30 a game he better make the all-star team...Im thinking he goes
28ppg....5rpg....4assists that's a top 10 player what you guys think?

Yeah, but the media can't sell him like Kobe because Martin's in Sac. He should be an all-star player but people are too busy checking off the T-Macs, Kobe's on nba.com

Catfish1314
10-27-2008, 07:58 PM
Yeah, but the media can't sell him like Kobe because Martin's in Sac. He should be an all-star player but people are too busy checking off the T-Macs, Kobe's on nba.com

If he puts in 30 a game, there's no way he doesn't make the All-star team. I doubt that's ever happened in the history of the NBA. The coaches will vote him on.

RocketsRule
10-27-2008, 09:01 PM
If he puts in 30 a game, there's no way he doesn't make the All-star team. I doubt that's ever happened in the history of the NBA. The coaches will vote him on.

While that's true, a lot of making the All-Star team has do with your teams' performance as well. Since the Kings' are looking to rebuild, even if K-Mart gets 26 ppg, 5 rpg and 4 apg, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it. Many people would think he's just putting up numbers on a bad team.

If he makes the team, that'd be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

Catfish1314
10-27-2008, 10:28 PM
While that's true, a lot of making the All-Star team has do with your teams' performance as well. Since the Kings' are looking to rebuild, even if K-Mart gets 26 ppg, 5 rpg and 4 apg, I wouldn't be surprised if he didn't make it. Many people would think he's just putting up numbers on a bad team.

If he makes the team, that'd be great, but I'm not getting my hopes up.

True, but if he put up those numbers or anything close and coaches took a look at his percentages (and I'm sure they'll be ridiculous again this year), he'd be hard to overlook for a reserve spot, which is obviously what he'll be if he's an all-star at all. Coaches are behind the reserves on the team of course, and I think they should know by now that K-Mart is the real deal.

Wrigheyes4MVP
10-29-2008, 03:47 AM
I hope the Kings either sneak into the playoffs...or get a very nice draft pick...but regardless of what happens...this team will play hard every single night...they give good teams a tough challenge.

But I agree that the young talent on this team just isnt ready yet. A lot of the most talented players on this team are young and on the bench still learning the game.