PDA

View Full Version : Looks like D Rose will be starting from day 1

Big Quett
10-23-2008, 05:22 AM
All those organizational discussions about whether Kirk Hinrich might adjust to a reserve role more professionally than Larry Hughes are moot for now.

Team sources said Hughes would miss six to eight weeks after dislocating his right shoulder late in the third quarter of the Bulls' 85-75 victory over the Timberwolves on Wednesday night at Target Center.

Sources said it's likely surgery would be avoided, although more tests will be conducted Thursday or Friday.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/basketball/bulls/chi-081022-chicago-bulls-minnesota-timberwolves,0,1170527.story

Faneik
10-23-2008, 06:32 AM
Wow...Just watched the Bulls/Wolves recap in NBA.com and Rose looked really good penetrating and finishing. The dude is fast and strong. Tough luck for Hugues...

BALLER71
10-23-2008, 06:45 AM
Ouch. It's hard to make the transistion since he's a PG

Rome
10-23-2008, 07:22 AM
That would be my starting 5 if I coached the bulls.

Rose, Kirk, deng, Thomas, Noah.

JayW_1023
10-23-2008, 07:27 AM
The Bulls don't need Hughes any way...they have too many good guards. Hughes has been a career underachiever ever since he left the Wizards.

JordansBulls
10-23-2008, 08:26 AM
Why would you have your #1 pick come off the bench anyway?

lakerboy
10-23-2008, 09:11 AM
What about Gordon?

He'll probably be the 6th man, but is he going to play starting minutes?

Rome
10-23-2008, 09:18 AM
^ something like that I'm guessing. And yea benching rose wouldn't make sense.

KH12
10-23-2008, 09:38 AM
I'm pretty sure Rose was going to start either way, he has been killing it the past few games. I'm fairly confident you'll see: Rose, Hinrich, Deng, Thomas and Gooden as the starting five with Gordon, Nocioni and Noah the primary bench players.

Frrrrank!!!
10-23-2008, 09:59 AM
Why wouldnt he start? He is suppose to be your future, so put him in. Its not like he is a late first rounder.

RoyalG333
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Rose looked really good so far in the pre season. If I were the Bulls, I would definitely trade either Hinrich, Gordon, or Nocioni or all three in exchange for a all-star level player.

DEfinitely build around the Rose, Deng, Thomas trio...if you add a solid CEnter or shooting guard, things can look very good in a hurry for the Bulls. Maybe try to bring in VC or something if its possible.

RapsGuy23
10-23-2008, 11:20 AM

Because his name is Andrea Bargnani and he is an offensive and defensive liability (at times).

RapsGuy23
10-23-2008, 11:21 AM
I haven't had a chance to see Rose play but expected his to start. I followed him in college. What a player.

JayW_1023
10-23-2008, 01:17 PM
They need to trade Gordon for a big who can score inside and they are a legitimate playoff team.

Big Quett
10-23-2008, 02:30 PM
Rose looked really good so far in the pre season. If I were the Bulls, I would definitely trade either Hinrich, Gordon, or Nocioni or all three in exchange for a all-star level player.

DEfinitely build around the Rose, Deng, Thomas trio...if you add a solid CEnter or shooting guard, things can look very good in a hurry for the Bulls. Maybe try to bring in VC or something if its possible.

I agree they are going to build around Rose and Deng. They need to bring some vets in but VC is definitely not it

_Sn1P3r_
10-23-2008, 04:24 PM
I also do believe they should build around Rose-Deng-Thomas. Rose is looking good so far so let's see if it translate in the reg season.

chicagowhitesox
10-23-2008, 05:08 PM
i'm not too sad he got hurt. at all.

l GeArs l
10-23-2008, 05:31 PM
Yeah this guy has been pretty good this pre-Season.

MiamiHeat
10-23-2008, 05:33 PM
Yeah I gotta admit
Rose has impressed me
I will be rooting for him throughout his career
:up:

IndyRealist
10-23-2008, 05:43 PM
The Bulls don't need Hughes any way...they have too many good guards. Hughes has been a career underachiever ever since he left the Wizards.

I'd say more that he was an over-achiever with the Wizards, where circumstances aligned just right for him to perform much better than he was otherwise capable of. He has shown flashes of being the guy he was billed to be this preseason, but dislocating your shoulder will put an end to that, real quick.

They need to trade Gordon for a big who can score inside and they are a legitimate playoff team.
The old adage in the NBA is that, "You don't trade your big for a small. You can't teach size." Everyone knows that Gordon is one dimensional, an undersized jump shooter who can't defend and overestimates his value. A 15ppg post player is worth more than an 18ppg jump shooter. Who's going to trade a scoring big man for that when he's going to be upset with the money you offer him in next season? And then if you get a scoring big man, what do you do with Drew Gooden?

The best package would probably be Gordon with Gooden's expiring, plus either talent (Noah) or a draft pick, to get a second tier PF/C. Unforunately you'd be giving up a LOT of scoring to pick up one player marginally better than Gooden.

If Carlos Boozer continues to float rumors that he's not re-signing with the Jazz, I could see Utah taking this package.

If they falter even a bit before the All-Star break, this same package could end up in Detriot for Rasheed Wallace.

If Bynum continues to ask for $17M/year, he could also end up in Chicago.

ee
10-23-2008, 05:46 PM
hughes, what the hell is wrong with his body, can't even get passed through preseason without getting hurt......i feel bad for the guy, he's got so much talent but never got the chance to be effective coz of injuries.....and it's not even the same injury over and over like grant hills, it's different everytime.....

Draco
10-23-2008, 05:48 PM
Had Gordon signed a long term deal this summer.. Hinrich's *** would have been shipped out of here.. I think people overlook this fact when considering who starts and sits on the bench or what Gordon's trade value might be. If Gordon's too short to insert in the starting line-up.. and I gaurentee that would be the only reason and nothing to do with lack of defense or talent.. then I'd rather see Thabo in the starting position. Hinrich's time with the Bull's is up.. sooner or later. Probably sooner.

Draco
10-23-2008, 05:52 PM
I also do believe they should build around Rose-Deng-Thomas. Rose is looking good so far so let's see if it translate in the reg season.

:nod:

I Am Awesome-O
10-23-2008, 05:57 PM
I've said it all along- Derrick Rose will be a huge superstar in this league, one of the best in the world. Being a Memphis Tiger fan, I got the pleasure in watching in every game he played at Memphis, so I know he will be amazing. There is just too much athleticism, talent, and desire for him not to be a superstar.

Draco
10-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I've been excited about the Bull's team for most of Paxson's tenure but this is the first year I've been excited about a single player on the Bulls since their championship days.

legendkillerv2
10-23-2008, 06:49 PM
i think they need to trade gordon for a big man, gooden is a okay role player but he's no dwight howard.

theimortalone
10-23-2008, 08:22 PM
Exactly JordansBulls, I know that I sure the hell would not allow it if I was the coach. Has #1 pick ever came off the bench?