PDA

View Full Version : Which team would you prefer?

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 12:53 AM
Team A

Paul, Crawford,Lebron,Gooden,Dampier.

Team B

Calderon, Redd, Battier,Dirk ,Pau

Kyle N.
10-23-2008, 12:59 AM
Team A would send Team B home crying.

pete_one
10-23-2008, 01:46 AM
Team A would send Team B home crying to their mamas

UofA
10-23-2008, 01:54 AM
Unless team B is the Olympic team, I'll take the one with Lebron and Paul together any day

pauljames
10-23-2008, 02:31 AM
Team A, all the way.

AIMelo=KillaDUO
10-23-2008, 02:37 AM
B.

legendkillerv2
10-23-2008, 02:42 AM
Team A all the way

http://z.about.com/d/politicalhumor/1/0/o/N/2/mccain_eyebrows.gif

John Mccain for 08!! Rolling his eyes at the people.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2008, 02:44 AM
B, they are all Borderline allstars while team a is two superstars and three scrubs.

I guess you intention is compare Fantastic four alkers wich Detroit

philab
10-23-2008, 09:28 AM
B, they are all Borderline allstars while team a is two superstars and three scrubs.

I guess you intention is compare Fantastic four alkers wich Detroit

Right, because that never works . . . :rolleyes:

Remember the '90s Bulls?

Joshtd1
10-23-2008, 09:35 AM
Team B.

jimbobjarree
10-23-2008, 09:36 AM
team A baby

cubbybear2290
10-23-2008, 09:51 AM
A would take team B's lunch spit it back at them and then beat them with one ahnd tied behind their back. But honestly team A would win.

Joshtd1
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM
Team A isnt full of great shooters..team B could play zone and make it tough on them. And atleast team B has Battier to throw at LBJ, while team A has no one to guard Dirk or Pau really.

lakers4sho
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Team B

Who's gonna contain their frontcourt of Pau and Dirk. They could own the paint and dish it out to their gunners (Redd, Battier) if need be.

Let LeBron score all he wants. Chris Paul wouldn't be effective anyway since LeBron would just hog the ball 90% of the time. That's how he learned to play bball in Cleveland.

Joshtd1
10-23-2008, 10:08 AM
Team B

Who's gonna contain their frontcourt of Pau and Dirk. They could own the paint and dish it out to their gunners (Redd, Battier) if need be.

Let LeBron score all he wants. Chris Paul wouldn't be effective anyway since LeBron would just hog the ball 90% of the time. That's how he learned to play bball in Cleveland.

I agree here. Either way, both are used to being the main ballhandlers of the team and I think they would both hurt each other's performance. I think CP3 would be affected the most.

JordansBulls
10-23-2008, 10:29 AM
Team A

Team B

You have the 2 most effective guys statistically in the league on the same team.

Manos
10-23-2008, 10:33 AM
B

RapsGuy23
10-23-2008, 11:12 AM
Tough Question. I'm going to say team B.

On the surface its difficult not selecting the team with Paul and LBJ. As dominant as those two players are I wonder how effective they would be together given each players need to handle the ball all the times. Crawford can slash and hit open J's but he's inconsistent. Gooden and Dampier...below average scoring with average rebounding. But again you have James and Paul, both top 3 players in the league who can single-handedly take over games.

Team B has a superior front court and great shooters. Dirk and Pau would be too much for Gooden and Damp. With Dirks ability to stretch the defense with his perimeter shooting and Pau rebounding skills and ability to finish in the paint there's no was team A's big could manage. Jose is no CP3 but he still a top 10 ten pg who can distribute the ball, knock down open 3's and expose the defense for easy layups. Shane Battier is one of the better defenders at his position in the league. Last but not least Team B has Redd one of the premier shooters in the league. When he gets hot watch out.

Team B would dominate in the paint and on the perimeter.

nBaLivEchamP
10-23-2008, 02:16 PM
ill take team b

team a doesnt have to depth and versatility on offense that team b does, team a does have 2 top 5 players in cp3 and lbj....but team b has a former mvp in dirk, 2 complemetary all stars in redd and pau, a borderline all-star in calderon, and one of the best defensive players in the league in shane battier.....they can shoot from the perimeter, pound you in the post, and take you off the dribble...lebron and cp3 are the only ones that can create plays for team a, and they need the ball primarily in their hands to be effective.

its been proven the past few years that teams with a perimeter/post combination wins the championship.....i.e.....kg/pierce.....td/parker.......wade/shaq.....

so ill take the team that can beat you in the post and on the perimeter....team b

Frank Costanza
10-23-2008, 02:35 PM
very good thread, making it a tougher decision than most on here but ill go with team b as well, as tough as CP3 and LBJ would be together having 2 all star front court players and some solid shooters in redd and Jose a solid defender in battier i think the scrubs along with LBJ and CP3 would bring their team down, team b is a more balanced attack

sportsnutzz
10-23-2008, 02:39 PM
Team A and I don't think its that close.

IndyRealist
10-23-2008, 04:06 PM
The only reason to choose team A is if you think that Lebron and Paul can co-exist, which I seriously doubt. Gooden is sub-par, Dampier is overpaid and subpar. Crawford is...well...Crawford. Pau and Dirk would go for 30 each, forcing Lebron and Crawford to double down to try and cut off the paint area. This leaves Redd and Battier open for 3's. Calderon is a highly efficient PG, not on the level with Paul, but certainly not a scrub.

Defensively Calderon isn't outstanding, but he is taller than Paul and fast enough to stay in front of him half of the time. Battier is the real key here, like he is on every team he's been on. While he wouldn't contain Lebron, he could play him single coverage the majority of the time and trusting Dirk or Pau to get in the way otherwise. Team A's shooters, Paul and Crawford, would never be open. Dampier can practically be left unguarded in the paint. Nevermind that Paul and James would have to figure out how to share the ball, or play off the ball, which neither does well.

Team B, hands down. On any given day Paul/James will give you a win simply due to their greatness, but over an 82 game schedule and playoffs, Team B is better by a wide margin.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 09:58 PM
I was just trying to see how many would buy into Sports Center and Hype and How many would really think it BAsketball Wise.

Note: The one who said look at the bulls? Man are you serious? Harper, Rodman, Kukoc, Cartwright or Grant were WAY BETTER than Crawford and specially Gooden and Dampier will ever be.

23LBJCleBrowns
10-23-2008, 10:04 PM
Team A.

dre1990
10-23-2008, 10:20 PM
Team B
close though

philab
10-23-2008, 11:46 PM
I was just trying to see how many would buy into Sports Center and Hype and How many would really think it BAsketball Wise.

Note: The one who said look at the bulls? Man are you serious? Harper, Rodman, Kukoc, Cartwright or Grant were WAY BETTER than Crawford and specially Gooden and Dampier will ever be.

Harper was. The others aren't. Plus, the guys you listed were never all on the same team.

Gooden's getting shafted a bit from the people on this thread. With LeBron and Paul, he'd be around 15 and 10 per (he's already close to it). Jordan and Pippen never had 15 and 10 from anyone.

Rodman was a fantastic rebounder and great defender, but there was nothing there on offense. Dampier + Gooden > Rodman + Longley. Cartwright was well past his prime when the Bulls were winning championships. Kukoc, Grant, and all the others were nice complements, but let's not overstate their abilities here.

But yes, I agree, Harper was better than anyone else listed in this thread. Still, with Jordan and Pippen, Harper's touches were severely limited, hindering his ability to produce. I don't think the situation is all that different from the one proposed here (i.e., Team A).

GSW_Soul
10-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Team A all day with all those players they can probably win the championships...

hdxstunts1
10-23-2008, 11:56 PM
Team A

Team B

Team A. Established point guard, vet big man, good rebounder and decent scorer in gooden. And then Lebron. Crawford wouldn't get any points in the line-up and thats a just a bonus.

KG#1
10-24-2008, 02:16 AM
A

amare#1
10-24-2008, 02:25 AM
Team A probably.

Lakersfan2483
10-24-2008, 03:18 AM
Team A, but if they played in a series, it would be closer than most think.

_Sn1P3r_
10-24-2008, 10:53 AM
Yeah agreed. ^