PDA

View Full Version : west predictions!!!!!

kobe24>jordan23
10-22-2008, 10:01 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-LALPreview0809&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

ANALYST PREDICTION
J.A.
Adande
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 A happy Kobe Bryant and a healthy Andrew Bynum should make this the Western team to beat -- but Lamar Odom in the final year of his contract could become the big story.
Jon
Barry
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The return of Andrew Bynum is huge -- the Lakers really lacked his presence in the Finals versus Boston. They have the best player in the game, but I still think this team needs a big-time defender.
Chris
Broussard
ESPN Mag
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST:1 All they lacked last season was toughness up front. Well, Andrew Bynum solves that problem and then some. Before long, this will be his team. Until then, he'll help Kobe win his first ring sans Shaq.
Ric
Bucher
ESPN Mag
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 2 Will going flat in a Finals they were favored to win haunt them? Something certainly has Lamar Odom present but unaccounted for. Andrew Bynum is back, but why have I seen more jumpers than dunks? Then again, I can recall another training camp filled with questions and
Chad
Ford
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The Lakers had what it took to win it all last year. Add a healthy Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza, along with a possible midseason trade of Lamar Odom, and I think the Lakers will bring home the trophy.
Jemele
Hill
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The ripple effect of Andrew Bynum's return makes the Finals-bound Lakers even more dangerous than they were last season. Failing in the Finals is not a legacy Kobe is willing to live with.
John
Hollinger
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 2 Andrew Bynum's return creates an imposing frontcourt but also some problems. In particular, the mix of Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom is better on paper than in practice because of spacing issues. Though L.A. has awesome potential, it may need one more trade to win title.
Jalen
Rose
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 This team should be salty after having to watch Boston's Gatorade bath in the Finals. Kobe could win back-to-back MVP awards. Gasol and Bynum -- the new twin towers? Will miss Turiaf. What happens with Odom? Will he be a starter? A sub? Get an extension? Get traded?
Chris
Sheridan
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 It'll be good to see Kobe go out on top before he leaves for Olympiacos or CSKA. (Just kidding, I think.) How long can he play with his fractured pinkie? It should have been repaired by now, and Kobe's decision to blow off the surgery is puzzling.
Marc
Stein ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 Is Bynum's knee healed? Will Kobe keep that endangered pinkie safe? Can Odom accept a reduced role and/or co-exist with Gasol and Bynum? One more question: Is there a team in the West that wouldn't trade for L.A.'s problems? :clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

ugafan
10-22-2008, 10:03 PM
That's not west predictions, that's the lakers predictions...

theimortalone
10-22-2008, 10:06 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/dailydime?page=dime-LALPreview0809&lpos=spotlight&lid=tab1pos2

ANALYST PREDICTION
J.A.
Adande
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 A happy Kobe Bryant and a healthy Andrew Bynum should make this the Western team to beat -- but Lamar Odom in the final year of his contract could become the big story.
Jon
Barry
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The return of Andrew Bynum is huge -- the Lakers really lacked his presence in the Finals versus Boston. They have the best player in the game, but I still think this team needs a big-time defender.
Chris
Broussard
ESPN Mag
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST:1 All they lacked last season was toughness up front. Well, Andrew Bynum solves that problem and then some. Before long, this will be his team. Until then, he'll help Kobe win his first ring sans Shaq.
Ric
Bucher
ESPN Mag
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 2 Will going flat in a Finals they were favored to win haunt them? Something certainly has Lamar Odom present but unaccounted for. Andrew Bynum is back, but why have I seen more jumpers than dunks? Then again, I can recall another training camp filled with questions and
Chad
Ford
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The Lakers had what it took to win it all last year. Add a healthy Andrew Bynum and Trevor Ariza, along with a possible midseason trade of Lamar Odom, and I think the Lakers will bring home the trophy.
Jemele
Hill
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 The ripple effect of Andrew Bynum's return makes the Finals-bound Lakers even more dangerous than they were last season. Failing in the Finals is not a legacy Kobe is willing to live with.
John
Hollinger
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 2 Andrew Bynum's return creates an imposing frontcourt but also some problems. In particular, the mix of Bynum, Pau Gasol and Lamar Odom is better on paper than in practice because of spacing issues. Though L.A. has awesome potential, it may need one more trade to win title.
Jalen
Rose
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 This team should be salty after having to watch Boston's Gatorade bath in the Finals. Kobe could win back-to-back MVP awards. Gasol and Bynum -- the new twin towers? Will miss Turiaf. What happens with Odom? Will he be a starter? A sub? Get an extension? Get traded?
Chris
Sheridan
ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 It'll be good to see Kobe go out on top before he leaves for Olympiacos or CSKA. (Just kidding, I think.) How long can he play with his fractured pinkie? It should have been repaired by now, and Kobe's decision to blow off the surgery is puzzling.
Marc
Stein ESPN.com
PACIFIC: 1 | WEST: 1 Is Bynum's knee healed? Will Kobe keep that endangered pinkie safe? Can Odom accept a reduced role and/or co-exist with Gasol and Bynum? One more question: Is there a team in the West that wouldn't trade for L.A.'s problems? :clap:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/index

Dude put this in freaking Lakers Thread. What is with all these Laker threads on the nba forum?

redhorse
10-22-2008, 10:08 PM
your screen name says it all.... you know **** about basketball

kobe24>jordan23
10-22-2008, 10:10 PM
dudes calm down the bottom link is there for all the other teams! and i only put the lakers because they were they are the favorites to win it all

SensandRaps
10-22-2008, 10:17 PM
dudes calm down the bottom link is there for all the other teams! and i only put the lakers because they were they are the favorites to win it all

like last year :eyebrow: im sure everyone knows how that turned out:p

SteveNash
10-22-2008, 10:21 PM
For comparison, last years "experts"

J.A. Adande
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 9 Right now they're the wildest card in the deck. With Kobe Bryant they could squeeze into one of the last playoff spots. Without him they're lottery bound. Lamar Odom would become their best player by default, and he's played more than 64 games only once in three years as a Laker.
Greg Anthony
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 The cloud hangs over L.A. no matter what happens with Kobe. If he leaves, there's an adjustment period for the new players. If he stays, the question of if, and when, he will be traded will linger. Tough times.
Jon
Barry
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 10 Quite miraculous they made playoffs last year. Kobe Bryant and Lamar Odom are not a good tandem -- both are terrific individually -- but sometimes it just doesn't work together. I saw no improvement with Andrew Bynum throughout the year.
Chris
Broussard
ESPN Mag PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 9 If Kobe remains, he still won't be enough to get this crew into the playoffs. Injuries are a problem again, and team chemistry is -- and always will be -- horrible. The good news? Maybe a "to-heck-with-it'' Kobe will entertain us with another 81, or more.
Ric
Bucher
ESPN Mag PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 It hurts to see such a proud franchise be reactive, not proactive. Patching it up with Kobe was never going to happen, making the draft the time to trade him. Now they have to make a face-saving deal. Meanwhile, a season is wasted.
Chad
Ford
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 9 If Kobe is happy and motivated, the Lakers are probably in line for the seventh seed. But if the melancholy Kobe we've seen in the preseason shows up, the Lakers will be in trouble. Kobe being halfhearted might be the final straw that gets him traded.
Jemele
Hill
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 7 Assuming Kobe is still there, the Lakers will be wonderfully mediocre. Thankfully the Smush Parker era is over, but their frontcourt is still an eyesore. Let's see if Kobe makes it to midseason without taking out his frustration on someone.
John
Hollinger
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 7 This prediction obviously assumes Kobe stays here all season, which is still where the smart money lies in my estimation. If not, revise this downward by 15 wins or so.
Chris
Sheridan
ESPN.com PACIFIC: 2 | WEST: 9 With or without Kobe, they're no better than a 44-win team. They should be a terrific soap opera, however, so don't fall asleep on them. The clock is ticking on the next Kobe eruption.
Marc
Stein ESPN.com PACIFIC: 3 | WEST: 8 You have to believe that Kobe, after everything that was said in the offseason, is going to play with a chip on his shoulder so big that every other Laker can hop aboard. But it takes some serious faith to believe that Kobe and his chip will be Laker property for the whole season.

TOTAL PACIFIC: 2.6 | Standings WEST: 8.4 | Standings

Hawkeye15
10-22-2008, 10:31 PM
First off, you're name shows how ignorant you are. Second, put this in a Lakers forum, so you can suck each other off.

horry1ur
10-22-2008, 10:42 PM
like last year :eyebrow: im sure everyone knows how that turned out:p

Uhh..no we werent even suppose to make playoffs last year according to the experts but somehow we got in the Finals:rolleyes:With all the Kobe stuff going on then AB17 went down but then a huge trade of Pau Gasol lead us to the finals and top of that Kobe won M.V.P and we were 2 wins from a Championship but we came up short