PDA

View Full Version : Shaq and Grant Hill to buy Orlando Magic?

DeeJay
10-22-2008, 11:08 AM
Shaquille O'Neal and Grant Hill, who both live in Orlando, are already in discussions to attempt to buy the Magic once their playing days are over.
They have already talked about it together and have made their feelings known to CEO and president Bob Vander Weide, the son-in-law of owner Rich DeVos. They have also reportedly already lined up additional investors. This wouldn't happen for a few years and has no fantasy impact, but is kind of interesting.
Source: Sacramento Bee (per Rotoworld)

http://www.sacbee.com/static/weblogs/sports/kings/archives/016322.html

Wilson
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
the bonus for O'Neal would be the chance to fire Pat Riley - on if Shaq was to purchase the Heat instead.

:laugh2:

It mentions that if Shaq and Grant were to buy Orlando, he may be able to pursuade Wade to sign there, imagine him and Howard...:speechless:

$ NyC $
10-22-2008, 11:30 AM
That hurts my brain ^^ 2 muchhh lol

JordansBulls
10-22-2008, 11:35 AM
Does Shaq still have a home in Orlando?

STAT32
10-22-2008, 12:31 PM
That would be kind of cool.

RapsGuy23
10-22-2008, 12:52 PM
Those cats have silly money. Why not eh.

RapsGuy23
10-22-2008, 12:55 PM

Read the first sentence of the quoted paragraph of this article.

"Shaquille O'Neal and Grant Hill, who both live in Orlando..."

I assume if he's living in Orlando he has a home. It helps to read the article before responding.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
These reumors never become true..

how many times a iread AMgic was buying the lakers?

Or jordan was buying a team?

mightymouse407
10-22-2008, 01:06 PM
i did this same thread in the magic forum when i heard grant hill talking on 1st and 10 about it. almost everybody who is a magic fan including me said we dont want them 2 take over our team. Im cool with shaq but grant hill cant come 2 orlando and let me see him cause he would get a ear full and i would follow him around taunting him. he basically raped us for over $90million over 7yrs sitting on the bench injured and then he gets healthy plays 3/4 of a season and then leaves and signs for around $2million a yr with the suns. bull i feel he owes me for my tax dollars that he collected by showing his face at the amway arena in a suit if orlando ownership sells to grant i almost think i would find a new team 2 root for and im a diehard magic fan. ok im lying but thats how i feel

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 01:17 PM
it will be interesting if it does become reality

UofA
10-22-2008, 01:52 PM
It would be cool, but i'm not sure how good of a job they could do running this team

SDBearsFan
10-22-2008, 02:37 PM
- on if Shaq was to purchase the Heat instead.

It mentions that if Shaq and Grant were to buy Orlando, he may be able to pursuade Wade to sign there, imagine him and Howard...:speechless:

:surrender:

GunFactor187
10-22-2008, 02:46 PM
Grant should come to where he truly belongs...the Detroit Pistons.

_Sn1P3r_
10-22-2008, 04:27 PM

That would be amazing. :drool:

Cavs_Fan24
10-22-2008, 04:42 PM

I never thought about that. Him and Howard could be a very scary duo. Almost like him and Shaq were before Shaq's aage starting getting to him..

Wilson
10-22-2008, 04:46 PM
I never thought about that. Him and Howard could be a very scary duo. Almost like him and Shaq were before Shaq's aage starting getting to him..

I was thinking of Kobe and Shaq, only without the terrible egos. It's still kind of unlikely to happen, but it would be great for the league if it did happen. Dwight and Wade are to of the most popular and liked players in the league, I'm sure Stern would love to market them as a duo.

*Superman*
10-22-2008, 04:59 PM
Sounds like everyone likes the idea besides the Magic fans. 1st off, if Shaq wants to own a franchise, why not go after the Heat or the Lakers, places he actually wanted to play for. And as for Grant IMO, he could have been a little more loyal, instead of taking the money and leaving us in a ****** situation.

mfudge
10-22-2008, 05:00 PM
I was thinking of Kobe and Shaq, only without the terrible egos. It's still kind of unlikely to happen, but it would be great for the league if it did happen. Dwight and Wade are to of the most popular and liked players in the league, I'm sure Stern would love to market them as a duo.

yea, he already started marketing each of them separately.... uniting them would be Stern's wet dream...

a. DWhistle in the Finals got a million free throw attempts to "carry" his team to the title.

b. DHow didn't even make a DUNK on his "Superman" ATTEMPT and he was awarded the title.

If you don't think that that is an attempt to get these two guys some publicity, you're trippin. Wade was "out of the picture" last year because he was injured. But I think he'll be back in the spotlight this season as he was in the Olympics. And Howard is up and coming. CP3 is the other guy I think Stern would love to market. In addition to LBJ of course.

Wilson
10-22-2008, 05:09 PM
Sounds like everyone likes the idea besides the Magic fans. 1st off, if Shaq wants to own a franchise, why not go after the Heat or the Lakers, places he actually wanted to play for. And as for Grant IMO, he could have been a little more loyal, instead of taking the money and leaving us in a ****** situation.

Shaq said in the article that he wouldn't mind owning the Heat, but he said the owner is very unlikely to seel the team. Also, I can't see Jerry Buss selling the team, it's going to his children when he's finished.

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-22-2008, 05:47 PM
they had some good years in Orlando

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 12:30 AM
Shaq Asked out of a team that went to the finals, that woudl have kept Payton and Malone and would have had all of KObes expiring to sign Nash or Ray Allen.

That show how smart He is making decisions.

Bad news for orlando

bigboyblu
10-23-2008, 12:08 PM

Nope he lives in a 7'2 box under the freeway

DirtyThirty
10-23-2008, 12:23 PM
thats sick

ButtHurtToday
10-23-2008, 12:52 PM
Wow

Wilson
10-23-2008, 01:01 PM
Nope he lives in a 7'2 box under the freeway

cahawk
10-23-2008, 05:00 PM
Superstars wanting to own teams just never seems to happen.

Babe Ruth wanted to manage & own a baseball team but it never happened even though he was promised.

DreamShaker
10-24-2008, 07:50 PM
Shaq Asked out of a team that went to the finals, that woudl have kept Payton and Malone and would have had all of KObes expiring to sign Nash or Ray Allen.

That show how smart He is making decisions.

Bad news for orlando

He also went to a team that won the Finals 2 years later....

Rome
10-24-2008, 09:10 PM
Why not. They got the money.