PDA

View Full Version : What Do you expect from each team? ... EAST

SAVAGE CLAW
10-21-2008, 10:43 PM
Regular Season Only.

1 Celtics: They are the champions, lost Posey but won Walker, they may lose more games but still will lead the conference and the league , because the west is so fierce that none of their teams will have a better record.

2 Pistons: I know, they are old, yes we all know, but still they have an interesting prospect waiting their chance at each position, Afflalo, Maxiell etc etc , this will create rivalry and the fab four will still deliver.

3 Magic: Well their back court is still a bit rusty but Howard is just becoming a true beast in Shaqs shape, so a top 4 place is theirs.

4 Sixer: I can only clap their FO, they had the strenght and the bollocks to trade Iverson for a bag of chips and cut Webber because they had a plan, no matter how impopular it was, and here they are, they only lack a good shooter for the outside in the 2 or three position, they are going to thrive this season, and i dont know why i have this feeling Iverson will come back at seasons end for the Mle, and man that is a ring waiting to happen in 2010.

5 Cavs: They will struggle a bit at first, but once Scerbiaks expiring brings Lebron some Help and its not Lebron vs the world alone, they will be there trying to steal the 1st place on the division to Detroit, and fighting Hard with Sixers and Magic for Court Advantage.

6 Raptors: Ok its official, im Clueless about this team, its too much of a gamble, there are enough arguments on their favour to think they can even win the Conference as there are question marks that poing out they could be the dissapointment of the year and miss the playoffs. If Jo is completely Healthy and The Back court does not suck much, expect a top 3 finish, if Jo goes down more than 30 games....expect lottery, for the moment ill keep them at 6.

7 Hawks: Ok they lost Childress... big deal, Bibby is going to play like crazy for his contract, Marvin Williams can only go up, Evans and Murray are some of the best Role players you can get, and Morris, i will really miss the guy on my knicks.

8 Bucks: Am i crazy? No, they have one off the best 1-2 punchs and bogut is only getting better, Sessions will go on improving, so the only thing holding them back is the fourth spot, should they make a good trade revolving Villanueva and they could make the 8th spot for sure, they still may miss it because the three following teams are capable of the best and the worst.

9 Heat: Wich heat will we see? the championship team ? or the Tanking team? Wade is back and has something to prove, marion is going to play hard as a devil to fight for his bucks and in any case he can be a GIGANTIC trade bait, and Beasley is BEASTLEY so far.

They can make the playoffs, it only deppends on a good trade, or in Blount , haslem and Banks doing a decent season.

10 Bulls: Similar case, and i really thinl they could make a nice package by february, still i think they wont make the playoffs because relying on a rookie Pg, is never a good idea, unless it is a bigger than life one like Magic or Big O.

11 Knicks: Ok i expect a moderate improve now with anthony, but as a fan i cant help but wish suddenly every one of our players played to their talent, the talent they had when we trade for them.
Miracles happen? here we go 8th seed? Surprise of the decade?

12 Nets: Better than people think, but not enough to make it to the playoffs, once they trade Carter for some more young talent and starters the Lebron plan will be already "en route"

13 Bobcats: Larry Brown hate rookies and young players, Young players hate Larry Brown......why in hell has he accepted the bobcats job?
What was MJ thinking when he Drafted Augustine?

14 Pacers: Too many young players, too many players with similar level for each position, overachieved last year, they are in for a rude awakening.
Tj will average 30 a game, to prove Toronto was wrong he will be even a bigger hoger that he was.

15 Wizzards: Arenas Out, Haywood Out, Jamison touched, No bench , yes its official this is the team that every year happens to pass form playoffs to complete scratch in jsut 12 months.

and they overpayed Jamison and arenas, so they are ****ed up for a LOOOOOOONG time.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:39 AM
hello?

ARMIN12NBA
10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
hello?

:laugh2:

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 01:37 AM
Regular Season Only.

1 Celtics: They are the champions, lost Posey but won Walker, they may lose more games but still will lead the conference and the league , because the west is so fierce that none of their teams will have a better record.

2 Pistons: I know, they are old, yes we all know, but still they have an interesting prospect waiting their chance at each position, Afflalo, Maxiell etc etc , this will create rivalry and the fab four will still deliver.

3 Magic: Well their back court is still a bit rusty but Howard is just becoming a true beast in Shaqs shape, so a top 4 place is theirs.

4 Sixer: I can only clap their FO, they had the strenght and the bollocks to trade Iverson for a bag of chips and cut Webber because they had a plan, no matter how impopular it was, and here they are, they only lack a good shooter for the outside in the 2 or three position, they are going to thrive this season, and i dont know why i have this feeling Iverson will come back at seasons end for the Mle, and man that is a ring waiting to happen in 2010.

5 Cavs: They will struggle a bit at first, but once Scerbiaks expiring brings Lebron some Help and its not Lebron vs the world alone, they will be there trying to steal the 1st place on the division to Detroit, and fighting Hard with Sixers and Magic for Court Advantage.

6 Raptors: Ok its official, im Clueless about this team, its too much of a gamble, there are enough arguments on their favour to think they can even win the Conference as there are question marks that poing out they could be the dissapointment of the year and miss the playoffs. If Jo is completely Healthy and The Back court does not suck much, expect a top 3 finish, if Jo goes down more than 30 games....expect lottery, for the moment ill keep them at 6.

7 Hawks: Ok they lost Childress... big deal, Bibby is going to play like crazy for his contract, Marvin Williams can only go up, Evans and Murray are some of the best Role players you can get, and Morris, i will really miss the guy on my knicks.

8 Bucks: Am i crazy? No, they have one off the best 1-2 punchs and bogut is only getting better, Sessions will go on improving, so the only thing holding them back is the fourth spot, should they make a good trade revolving Villanueva and they could make the 8th spot for sure, they still may miss it because the three following teams are capable of the best and the worst.

9 Heat: Wich heat will we see? the championship team ? or the Tanking team? Wade is back and has something to prove, marion is going to play hard as a devil to fight for his bucks and in any case he can be a GIGANTIC trade bait, and Beasley is BEASTLEY so far.

They can make the playoffs, it only deppends on a good trade, or in Blount , haslem and Banks doing a decent season.

10 Bulls: Similar case, and i really thinl they could make a nice package by february, still i think they wont make the playoffs because relying on a rookie Pg, is never a good idea, unless it is a bigger than life one like Magic or Big O.

11 Knicks: Ok i expect a moderate improve now with anthony, but as a fan i cant help but wish suddenly every one of our players played to their talent, the talent they had when we trade for them.
Miracles happen? here we go 8th seed? Surprise of the decade?

12 Nets: Better than people think, but not enough to make it to the playoffs, once they trade Carter for some more young talent and starters the Lebron plan will be already "en route"

13 Bobcats: Larry Brown hate rookies and young players, Young players hate Larry Brown......why in hell has he accepted the bobcats job?
What was MJ thinking when he Drafted Augustine?

14 Pacers: Too many young players, too many players with similar level for each position, overachieved last year, they are in for a rude awakening.
Tj will average 30 a game, to prove Toronto was wrong he will be even a bigger hoger that he was.

15 Wizzards: Arenas Out, Haywood Out, Jamison touched, No bench , yes its official this is the team that every year happens to pass form playoffs to complete scratch in jsut 12 months.

and they overpayed Jamison and arenas, so they are ****ed up for a LOOOOOOONG time.

Top teams out East: Boston, Cleveland, Orlando, Detroit

KG#1
10-22-2008, 01:41 AM
wow wizards last........

Dol-Fan
10-22-2008, 01:53 AM
hello?

hello!

..oh, was I supposed to say something? :confused:

michaellui11
10-22-2008, 02:26 AM
not orlando

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
East:
1Pistons

2 Sixers

3 Celtics

4 Magic

5 Cavs

6 Bucks

7 Bobcats

8 Nets

9 Raptors

10 Knicks

11 Bulls

12 Heat

13 Wizzards

14 Pacers

15 Hawks

JayW_1023
10-22-2008, 07:26 AM
Celtics: I think they will not win as many games as last year with some East teams having become significantly better. They are also going to rest their big three whenever possible. But I think their defense will still grant them the 1st seed.

Pistons: They will still be the class of the Central Division. Their veteran core is still intact, and the influx of youth in their rotation has been promising with guys like Maxiell, Johnson and especially Stuckey coming in. My guess is that Stuckey will be in the running for 6th man of the year.

Magic: The return of Battie will be vital, simply because van Gundy can be more flexible with his rotation. They have alot of size and Pietrus is an upgrade over Evans. But can Hedo Turkoglu maintain is great play from last year. Dwight Howard may be a force in te paint and a legitimate all-star, but it's Hedo who makes this team go.

Sixer: I think this team is better equipped for the postseason than the regular season. They have a very complete roster...they have a playmaker in Miller, a perimeter scorer in Iguodala, a post scorer in Brand and a weakside defender in Dalembert to protect the rim. The only think they need is a reliable outside shooter.

Cavs: Their defense will keep them competitive, but they still don't have enough help for LeBron James. Mo Williams is erratic on offense and plays no defense, so he needs to contain himself. Their frontcourt duo Wallace and Ilgauskas is also questionable as to how much they have left. They will be a 5th seed as best.

Raptors: Their problem is that they have been a strictly finesse team over the years and they are banking on JO to provide toughness. Problem is JO is very talented, but very soft. He has made his game more perimeter oriented in fear of injury...which makes him a high post big man like Bosh. He needs to be a defender/rebounder first...and leave most of the interior scoring to Bosh. The steady improvement of Calderon should at least take them further than last year.

Hawks: It really depends where this will go. Johnson is a stud, and Smith is very electrifying...but he still needs to mature alot. I'm a really big Al Horford fan, and has player courageously as a rookie playing out of position at center. His improvement should make the Hawks better...but a postseason slot is definately no guarantee.

Bucks: I think Skiles will make them play hard, and with Jefferson seemingly a great fit alongside Bogut and Redd they should be able to grab a lower playoff seed. The talent is there. Only question is: who will play point?

Heat: Beasley is looking like the real deal, but besides him Wade, haslem and Marion the supporting cast is basically a lack of a supporting cast. With Wade seemlingly back to his old form, they should make the postseason...but the big concern is wether their stars have to carry too big of a load. Hopefully Pat Riley can keep his ego in check and stay away from the bench this time.

Bulls: They will be a very promising team pushing for a playoff spot. The real problem with Chicago is that they have no reliable inside offense, and a reliance on perimeter scoring makes them not very efficient. However if the 30 points and 7 assists Rose racked up yesterday is an indication, they might become better in a hurry.

Knicks: They are still a year or two away from being a playoff team. They'll win more games and Nate Robinson will be a borderline all-star but they need to get rid of Curry and Marbury. What Pritchard has done with the Blazers should be a blueprint of what Walsh should do withthe Knicks.

Nets: The whole idea of Vince Carter being the main guy hasn't worked in Toronto, and it won't work now. Vince will be effective as the second or third option on a team. Hopefully Harris will be motivated after that playground mishap to become an elite point guard.

Bobcats: 'Out of Town' Larry Brown is back and finally the Bobcats are at least worth looking at wether they'll win or lose. How long before Felton and Larry will be arguing through the media. How long before Brown destroys Adam Morrions psyche more with each defensive lapse? This will be an amusing soap opera...as always with Brown. Gotta love it.

Pacers: They need to get rid of Tinsley and continue rebuilding around Danny Granger. Ford is a good aquisition...but he needs to play more within the team concept. Luckily they have the ultra competitive wing defender, Jarrett Jack as a back up should Ford be his usual erratic self.

Wizards: Again injuries seem to kill this team. Arenas may never get his explosiveness back...and their heart and soul guy, Jamison, is already injured. Way to waste Caron Butlers prime. At least this years playoffs, the LeBron-DeShawn fued won't have an encore.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 12:33 AM
:confused:
not orlando
??????