PDA

View Full Version : Pierce demands to be named with all time greats

AirJordanXVIII
10-21-2008, 10:37 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0wNdbVakf5IuQUBzAE5nYcB?slug=ys-celticspierce102108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is getting out of hand. Okay he's got a ring and a finals MVP. But he is nowhere near the best player in the world. He freaking KG and Ray. Without him, he wanted to be traded (remember that?)....

I like his confidence but I hope it doesnt get overboard (not that it already isnt).

barreleffact
10-21-2008, 11:30 PM
yea, he rly needs to stfu cuz hes nobody w/o KG and Ray. this douche has 2 superstars, 1 of which is a lock for the HoF and he claims to be the best. to quote bill walton, "his arrogance is an insult to people who think."

29$JerZ
10-21-2008, 11:32 PM
What winning a championship does to some people :pity:

hdxstunts1
10-21-2008, 11:49 PM
He should land in the hall of fame someday but i dont call him one of the very best to play the game.

JordansBulls
10-21-2008, 11:51 PM
Well he needs to get a few league and finals MVP's for that to happen.

S.J.Basketball
10-21-2008, 11:55 PM
People who act like this usually lose that fire they once had. Think about it....the Celtics sucked before KG and Ray were handed to them and Pierce had something to prove. He won a championship and was named Finals MVP, but now....seems like it has gone to his head a bit.

He better get that fire lit under his *** again quick. Showing up on the court with a huge ego won't win games.

goku
10-22-2008, 12:01 AM
he needs to win atleast 1 mvp award

GSW_Soul
10-22-2008, 12:03 AM
Even though he won the championship doesn't mean he should be called all time greats... He's good but not that great..

kvrnm
10-22-2008, 12:05 AM
ohh you guys just wait, talk **** now, cus you wont be able to during the season.

lakersrock
10-22-2008, 12:06 AM
Until he takes a crappy team to the playoffs and takes it against a far superior team to Game 7, he has no business even talking about being on Kobe's level.....muchless all time greats. 15 years from now, Pierce will be remembered for being part of the Big 3, not anything more.

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 12:06 AM
He's not an all time great, he does not have the resume to be regarded as an all time great.

DamnGoat
10-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Pierce's ego is getting a little out of control.

Show me your even the best player on your team first.

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 12:07 AM
Pierce is not even a top ten player in the league at this point, he's a great player, but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

Randy West
10-22-2008, 12:09 AM
Hey Paul if you were the best player in the world everyone else would be saying it.

I don't think they guy who is recognized as the best player has to constantly remind everyone how great he is.............if you were that great we wouldn't need to be reminded!

S.J.Basketball
10-22-2008, 12:22 AM
ohh you guys just wait, talk **** now, cus you wont be able to during the season.

Pffftt...yes we will!

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:23 AM
Can you honestly say you didnt see it coming?

After what he did in the finals trying to imitate Willis Reed?

Poor Chap.

Its good that he has gone prima donna.

It almost certifies that they wont repeat.

dre1990
10-22-2008, 12:29 AM
HOF yes. ALL time great No

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 12:32 AM
HOF yes. ALL time great No

I am not sure if he's a hall of famer just yet. He has to accomplish more as a player. He won the finals mvp, and has been an all-star, but I am not sure if he is a hall of famer just yet.

ARMIN12NBA
10-22-2008, 12:32 AM
yea, he rly needs to stfu cuz hes nobody w/o KG and Ray. this douche has 2 superstars, 1 of which is a lock for the HoF and he claims to be the best. to quote bill walton, "his arrogance is an insult to people who think."

Agreed. This guy is barely a top 15 player today, let alone being anywhere near the top 50 all-time great players or even 100.

The cockiness and arrogance in Boston has gone through the roof. I know they keep saying they are hungry, but it seems to be all talk.

With all these proclamations that PP is supposedly the GOAT now, he seems pretty satisfied with himself. I really don't see Boston repeating. One of their main leaders doesn't seem hungry at all, more like content.

Beno7500
10-22-2008, 12:38 AM
He just dropped majorly in my books, ( he didnt have very far to fall though)

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 12:40 AM
When you win a title, show some class. Pierce should not have to sell himself, if you are great, people will recognize it.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:45 AM
Hof? Yeah i guess so.

But "among all time greats"?

The dude is not on the Bird, Ervin, Baylor , Jordan list .

I wouldnt rank him with the Worthys, Pippens, Havliceks, Barrys either.

Nor with the Walter Davis, Dantley, alex english type of legends.

More like in the Aguirre, Woolridge, Ricky Pierce category.

AKA TheMamba
10-22-2008, 12:50 AM
When you win a title, show some class. Pierce should not have to sell himself, if you are great, people will recognize it.

ditto...

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Mmm didnt Tony Allen bring out some **** yesterday too?

If i where Danny Ainge i would start sharing fines to them.

Because if im KG i would fed up from PIerces stupid rants and show him who is the real Boss in Boston and start to take more shots .
And that could lead Ray Allen ( who has gone into trashtalking against Kobe for example more than one) to demmand more tocuehs too.

It could be a Dinasty Breaker.

JordansBulls
10-22-2008, 12:54 AM
Agreed. This guy is barely a top 15 player today, let alone being anywhere near the top 50 all-time great players or even 100.

The cockiness and arrogance in Boston has gone through the roof. I know they keep saying they are hungry, but it seems to be all talk.

With all these proclamations that PP is supposedly the GOAT now, he seems pretty satisfied with himself. I really don't see Boston repeating. One of their main leaders doesn't seem hungry at all, more like content.

He wants some publicity. Everyone is all over Lebron, Kobe, CP3, and now Dwight. Pierce is thinking: "Hey, what about me, I did better than all of them, I just won the title and got me a finals MVP"

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:56 AM
^Hey Jordanbulls, i dont know if you are old enough but

Pierce or Woolridge?

ARMIN12NBA
10-22-2008, 12:58 AM
He wants some publicity. Everyone is all over Lebron, Kobe, CP3, and now Dwight. Pierce is thinking: "Hey, what about me, I did better than all of them, I just won the title and got me a finals MVP"

For six games...And he didn't even play that well in the Finals. KG just played so bad and the media was completely ignoring Allen that they had to give it to Pierce.

dannyking18
10-22-2008, 01:00 AM
paul pierce maybe one of the best to play the game,sure theres many players who are in that list but,he sure isn't the best.im sure if michael jordan were to play paul pierce 1 on 1 MJ would school him,and that is that MJ is 40+ year old.LOL
IMO T-Mac is a better player than paul pierce,and even Vince carter is better than paul.:eyebrow:

lavis
10-22-2008, 02:18 AM
[url]Without him, he wanted to be traded (remember that?)....

You can't blame him for that. He was the only star player on a crappy team for several years. Unlike some who started throwing ridiculous tantrums after one bad year.

AK-50
10-22-2008, 02:24 AM
i hope this messes up the celtics this season and that so called chemistry him KG and Allen had just isnt there no more and they end up in the bottom of the standings where they belong

BoltLakerPadre
10-22-2008, 02:42 AM
For six games...And he didn't even play that well in the Finals. KG just played so bad and the media was completely ignoring Allen that they had to give it to Pierce.

Seriously, his finals performance isn't an all timer, and neither is he. He's not the best player on his team, he's not in the 5-7 best in the NBA, and he's not near 50 best all time.

He just wants to talk. It took having two Hall of Famers as team mates before he was able to win with the Celtics, so I'm not sure what he "told" boston fans, but it must have been along the lines of; "I can't win on my own".

SportsManiacSJ
10-22-2008, 02:43 AM
pierce needs to stfu and try making the all star team consecutively first

DopieB
10-22-2008, 02:47 AM
He keeps talking about how great he is and that he killed Kobe in the finals, He just made himself a target, since making these claims, he has to produce and if not, then he will b**** about something else

1-800-STFU
10-22-2008, 02:48 AM
I demand a million dollars.

Yeah, don't think that is coming true ether.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 02:57 AM
I think he is right, Hats of to the GOAT.

Uh? o h!!! he was talking bou tbasketball?

I tought he was saying he was the greatest Drama queen actress ever !!!!

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 03:02 AM
this guy is crazy:

The list of people i would draft before taking him:

Garnett, Brand, Igoudala,Bosh, Carter,Joe Johnson,D Howard,Marion,Wade,Arenas,Rip, Billups,Jeffersson,Redd,Lebron,Kobe, Pau, Baron ,Nash,Stoudamire,Oden,Roy,Fernandez,Durant,Boozer, Deron,Melo,Iverson,Duncan,Manu,PArker,Dirk,Paul,T-mac,MIng, Artest,Battier.

thats 37 people i would draft ahead of him form teh top of my head.

Yeah definetly an all time great....

Bruno
10-22-2008, 05:01 AM
Paul Pierce joined a long list of All-starts who were lucky enough to land Finals MVP after a great 7 game series. We all know where Pierce would be if the Celts didn't land KG and Allen. Paul is a top 10 player, his performance in the playoffs merits that.

Paul Pierce, Tony Parker, and Dwayne Wade are three players who have had astounding Finals performances, who are yet to prove that can maintain at that level for a whole season, or for many seasons consecutively.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 07:18 AM
i hope this messes up the celtics this season and that so called chemistry him KG and Allen had just isnt there no more and they end up in the bottom of the standings where they belong

not going to happen. these Celtics are almost too unselfish on the offense. and i know u dont want to hear this, but they are actually better this than last. they have tremendous ball movement with one thing in mind, get that ball in the hoop. Their defense is 5 guys sacrificing themselves to stop the ball from even going near the basket.

Pierce likes to talk, but nobody cared before. he always says stuff like this, but no one ever cared bc he was alone on the team and he isnt a flashy player so espn never showed him.

All this guy wants is to win and u cant tell me otherwise bc u havent watched him his whole career.

KG and Ray are great, but without the Truth taking over when things got tough, they would have sunk.

"so called chemistry" wow u know nothing and are just talking complete junk. he has a point, he is never mentioned even in the same breath as Carmelo or even AI and he has done more than both of them combined. he is not the greatest ever, but he deserves to be that top player rep. KG and Ray both dissapeared for lengths of time in the playoffs like expected and The Truth was the only consistent one, why? its not bc he has that much more talent than the other 2, its bc he has the mindset and toughness to be that guy.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 07:29 AM
this guy is crazy:

Garnett, Brand, Igoudala,Bosh, Carter,Joe Johnson,D Howard,Marion,Wade,Arenas,Rip, Billups,Jeffersson,Redd,Lebron,Kobe, Pau, Baron ,Nash,Stoudamire,Oden,Roy,Fernandez,Durant,Boozer, Deron,Melo,Iverson,Duncan,Manu,PArker,Dirk,Paul,T-mac,MIng, Artest,Battier.

without any bias the people in bold have NOTHING on Pierce. wat the hell are u smoking? rip is better than Pierce???? r u stupid? honestly, just say it u hate Pierce. if rip was better than Detriot wouldnt have got beat down by Boston in 6 games. elton brand???? wat the hell has he done? MARION?!?! for wat having nash and stoudemire and then doing NOTHING.

who the hell is fernandez?! Melo? yup ok genious, especially against the lakers too right? ARTEST AND BATTIER??? u have lost your rights to judge NBA players. for real u have no idea wat u r talking about.

and last thing, if Pierce is SO MUCH WORSE than everyone above....how awful are the lakers for getting smashed by PIERCE AND THE CELTICS??!!?

the lakers must be handicapped, but o wait pau is better right? so he shoulda maned up instead of act like a girl.

r u the typical fan that says this player isnt good bc he isnt on espn.

All that said.....Banner 17 going up soon.

ShaunRiching9
10-22-2008, 07:39 AM
This is getting ridiculous first he says he is the best player in the nba now this pfft just because he won a championship ha look at all the help he had if he did it alone maybe but this is ridiculous

JayW_1023
10-22-2008, 07:50 AM
Why do people even care? It seems alot of you guys keep squabbling about who is the best individual player in the league. Unless it's a pick-up game it doesn't mean jack. This is the NBA and greatness doesn't come from individual accolades. An argument that would actually get somewhere is: WHO is the most important player to his team?

barreleffact
10-22-2008, 09:06 AM
Until he takes a crappy team to the playoffs and takes it against a far superior team to Game 7, he has no business even talking about being on Kobe's level.....muchless all time greats. 15 years from now, Pierce will be remembered for being part of the Big 3, not anything more.

exactly what im thinking. they could go on to win a few more, but he still wont be remembered for his own accomplishments. hell w/o the finals MVP, hedve been remembered for being carried by KG.

and unless they win at least 1 more, they will also be the team that has the worst record for a champion to win ever. 2 7 game and 2 6 game series...unreal. where were you then pierce, oh great injury faking king? when ray was struggling, why didnt u average 40?

regardless, i am scared tho cuz i want the lakers, hell at this point any team, to crush the celts. everyone is saying his arrogance will be their downfall. idk. if you mention yourself that much, it isnt true arrogance. it sounds more like insecurity. like he knows he has to win or else he still wont have any legacy at all.

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 09:26 AM
someone needs to stop his head inflating before this really gets out of hand

barreleffact
10-22-2008, 09:27 AM
this guy is crazy:

Garnett, Brand, Bosh, Joe Johnson,D Howard, Wade, Lebron,Kobe, Nash,Stoudamire,Oden,Roy, Boozer,Deron, Iverson,Duncan, Paul,T-mac.

i revised your list for you. I left a few that Btown didnt though.

Bosh- has superstup potential. gonna go down as a career 20-10 guy with decent range and can hit big shots. no character problems and bigs are generally more important that wings

brand- same as bosh really just shorter and less range, but he has proven to be a great character guy before ditching the clips for philly.

JJ- johnson is a beast and very underrated. he has a better all around game than Pierce IMO. he passes and defends better and is just as quick if not quicker. I think he has a better shot too. he's not one to do anything excellently, but a lot of things good if not great

Nash- as much as I hate nash, he has 2 mvp's, an excellent shot, and vision on a level rarely seen. talk about his inflated stats all you want, he still is great. he proved to be the man in Pheonix. they lose like every game w/o him.

Stat- could get 30 per game this season. not a big defensive threat, but he still could develope to be a lot better than Pierce. plus, im partial to bigs(n this is coming from an amare semi-hater)

Oden- potential great

Roy- already is a top player right now. all around he is certainly arguable to compare to pierce. he can play 2-3 positions and is a really good defender, has a lot of athleticism, and is a mini joe johnson. Roy will be and is already a beast. mark my words, he has the chance to have a far bigger legacy than pierce

Boozer- he's the dirty man. 20-10 big that hustles and do the dirty work for you. very fundamentally sound, and outside the fact that he might ditch you for money, hes a quality guy

Iverson is a top player...maybe even top 50 ever. 6 nuthin w the 3rd highest average in history. he took a team of nothings to the finals. nuff said

T-mac- he may have been elite had he not gotten injured. his orlando years were all beastly

JordansBulls
10-22-2008, 09:43 AM
this guy is crazy:

There is no way I take any of those guys before Pierce.

RapsGuy23
10-22-2008, 10:19 AM
Cocky. Lets not forget Pierce had KG and Allen to help him win that championship. PP is not the best player in the world. Though his book is still being written I doubt that he'll go down as the best player of his era.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 10:46 AM
Had PIerce injured for real im sure Allen Posey and Kg had enough firepower to still win the finals.

If it was Kg the one injured, 17th banner wouldnt have hapened.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 10:52 AM
without any bias the people in bold have NOTHING on Pierce. wat the hell are u smoking? rip is better than Pierce???? r u stupid? honestly, just say it u hate Pierce. if rip was better than Detriot wouldnt have got beat down by Boston in 6 games. elton brand???? wat the hell has he done? MARION?!?! for wat having nash and stoudemire and then doing NOTHING.

who the hell is fernandez?! Melo? yup ok genious, especially against the lakers too right? ARTEST AND BATTIER??? u have lost your rights to judge NBA players. for real u have no idea wat u r talking about.

and last thing, if Pierce is SO MUCH WORSE than everyone above....how awful are the lakers for getting smashed by PIERCE AND THE CELTICS??!!?

the lakers must be handicapped, but o wait pau is better right? so he shoulda maned up instead of act like a girl.

r u the typical fan that says this player isnt good bc he isnt on espn.

All that said.....Banner 17 going up soon.
Yeah soon, you better make the 18 banner this year, because with all of the salary on your cap and the lenght of the big threes contract you wont get another until..... 2028.

we will have won 6 or 7 more by then, Thanks.

$ NyC $
10-22-2008, 11:03 AM
All Pierce is gonna get is a few appearances on ESPN Classic as the Big 3 Trio. That's like saying Tony Parker should now be one of the all time greats as well.

pd7631
10-22-2008, 11:09 AM
not going to happen. these Celtics are almost too unselfish on the offense. and i know u dont want to hear this, but they are actually better this than last. they have tremendous ball movement with one thing in mind, get that ball in the hoop. Their defense is 5 guys sacrificing themselves to stop the ball from even going near the basket.

Pierce likes to talk, but nobody cared before. he always says stuff like this, but no one ever cared bc he was alone on the team and he isnt a flashy player so espn never showed him.

All this guy wants is to win and u cant tell me otherwise bc u havent watched him his whole career.

KG and Ray are great, but without the Truth taking over when things got tough, they would have sunk.

"so called chemistry" wow u know nothing and are just talking complete junk. he has a point, he is never mentioned even in the same breath as Carmelo or even AI and he has done more than both of them combined. he is not the greatest ever, but he deserves to be that top player rep. KG and Ray both dissapeared for lengths of time in the playoffs like expected and The Truth was the only consistent one, why? its not bc he has that much more talent than the other 2, its bc he has the mindset and toughness to be that guy.

Oh really....Paul Pierce has done more than AI in his career? Let me break it down for you.

AI could retire now and Pierce wouldn't rack up the accolades AI has in his career. Just because he has 1 championship doesn't make him better than AI. That's like calling him better than Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc...just because he has a championship.

If you put AI in place of Pierce on last years Celtics and I would bet you the result would be the same.

Let me ask you this....How many times has Paul Pierce carried a team to the Finals by himself? How many scoring titles does he have? How many times has he been league MVP? How many All Star games/All Star MVP's has he won?

Gimme a freakin break, there's a reason why he's never mentioned in the same breath as AI, and that's because he's not even close to being as good. 50 years from now AI will be remembered by all basketball fans and Paul Pierce will only be known to Celtics fans. I respect the fact that you stand up for your player, but you should really think about what you say next time.

$ NyC $
10-22-2008, 11:11 AM
If i may add also..

your gonna tell me that injury wasn't perfectly planned 4 ESPN Classic comon

JIDsanity
10-22-2008, 11:17 AM
This is exactly why I always hated him.

JIDsanity
10-22-2008, 11:33 AM
Oh really....Paul Pierce has done more than AI in his career? Let me break it down for you.

AI could retire now and Pierce wouldn't rack up the accolades AI has in his career. Just because he has 1 championship doesn't make him better than AI. That's like calling him better than Stockton, Malone, Barkley, Ewing, etc...just because he has a championship.

If you put AI in place of Pierce on last years Celtics and I would bet you the result would be the same.

Let me ask you this....How many times has Paul Pierce carried a team to the Finals by himself? How many scoring titles does he have? How many times has he been league MVP? How many All Star games/All Star MVP's has he won?

Gimme a freakin break, there's a reason why he's never mentioned in the same breath as AI, and that's because he's not even close to being as good. 50 years from now AI will be remembered by all basketball fans and Paul Pierce will only be known to Celtics fans. I respect the fact that you stand up for your player, but you should really think about what you say next time.
exactly. Perice needs to calm the **** down. I'd put Ray Allen in the same category with him, T-Mac, Vince Carter, Melo, etc. AI is ahead of all of them.

innovator
10-22-2008, 11:36 AM
all time great players? NO but all time great fakers? YES!

JonnyBrav000
10-22-2008, 12:04 PM
Pierce isn't even a top 5 player in the league today, if anything he may not even be in the top 10.

Best players in the league in my opinion and in order

1-Lebron
2-Chris Paul
3-Kobe
4-Duncan
5-Wade
6-Garnett
7-Howard
8-Pierce
9-Nash
10-Iverson

okay he is in the top 10 after really thinking about it.

LAKESHOW..
10-22-2008, 12:08 PM
the guy is crazy hahaha he said hes better than kobe not even close at all now he demands to be one of the greats nowhere close yet

JJ81
10-22-2008, 12:17 PM
He should **** off.

THE_FLASH_21
10-22-2008, 12:29 PM
this guy is overrated and garbage!!!

balla4life22
10-22-2008, 12:37 PM
pierce dont care what any of u guys think. Being confident helps him be a better player. What are you gonna do? Cry about it?

Zefflin
10-22-2008, 12:43 PM

Yea what he said.

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 01:05 PM
hes just that guy that was on a garbage team until Allen and Garnett came

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 01:11 PM
I'm glad Wade is a humble guy
and didn't get all cocky and started saying dumb stuff
like Pierce when he won Finals MVP and got a ring :)

jimbobjarree
10-22-2008, 01:15 PM
part of the reason why I like Wade, he's a great player and seems like a great guy as well

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 01:25 PM

Good points, but the reason Pierce is more effective and supposedly leads the team into the finals is because of having guys like KG and Allen on the floor. You can't deny the floor spacing that Ray Allen creates even on an off night and the fact that they can't steadily double Pierce because of that makes it tougher. Add to that the fact that KG demands a double team in the pain or even when he's on the elbow, leaving pierce room to slash makes it much easier. When someone like Kobe has the ball they always have help ready.. most of that is because of the Celtic defensive mindset, and like you said, 5 guys willing to give themselves up for defense, but thats also because the Lakers didn't have someone who can make the defense really pay for helping early on Kobe. Yes they have 3 point shooters.. but you can't honestly compare what any shooter on the Lakers does to what Ray does just by being on the floor.

So the celtics were great in two aspects. Their superior TEAM defense, and 3 great players on offense that command respect. Many times on offense throughout the season the celtics sputtered and went on long droughts. They won because of their team defense concept. They had the right pieces for it too. Two good perimeter defenders in Posey and Rondo. A tough guy in the paint in Perkins, and a Defensive Player of the year who knows how to use his length and athleticism to play D in Garnett.

They communicate very effectively while on D. Does that make Pierce someone that should be labeled the best player in the world? not even close? Is he a great player? Sure , he is.. but if he's really that great why is it that he can't even make the playoffs in the East before KG and Allen come along. I think its also safe to say that KG is the one that really transformed the team into a defensive minded team in terms of having guys buy into the scheme and give themselves up to stop the ball.

UofA
10-22-2008, 01:30 PM
I wouldn't put him in my top ten for right now let alone all time greats

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 01:38 PM
pierce needs to stfu and try making the all star team consecutively first

ill be the first to say that im not a big fan of pierce, i dont like the way he plays....and we prolly should have traded him a few years ago when we could have to the hornets for the #4 pick (i think it was)...chris paul........anyways.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pierce

now just in the event that you dont read the link,

6-time NBA All-Star: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008

I will follow that up with dictionary.com's definition of "consecutively": adjective following one another in uninterrupted succession or order; successive: six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 <-- consecutively -- just cause he missed 1 year thats what you go after??? c'mon, thats weak

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 01:42 PM
hes just that guy that was on a garbage team until Allen and Garnett came

You are right. Problem with Pierce is, he needs to realize that if he really is so damn great... as in HoF, GOAT, Greatest to step on the court in this world in this day and age.. he needs to be able to take a not so good team (pre KG and Allen) to the playoffs at least. Especially during a time when the East was so weak. Kobe did it, A.I. did it with the sixers, Lebron does it every year, Kidd did it with the nets... their teams don't go anywhere without them because they are just not that good, but their stars carried them into the playoffs and in some cases the finals (nets, sixers). Pierce couldn't do that or even come close to doing that. I think he's a great player but man.. he's not even on the list to be considered with the greats of the past, and near past.

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 01:45 PM
ill be the first to say that im not a big fan of pierce, i dont like the way he plays....and we prolly should have traded him a few years ago when we could have to the hornets for the #4 pick (i think it was)...chris paul........anyways.....

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Pierce

now just in the event that you dont read the link,

6-time NBA All-Star: 2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006, 2008

I will follow that up with dictionary.com's definition of "consecutively": adjective following one another in uninterrupted succession or order; successive: six consecutive numbers, such as 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10.

2002, 2003, 2004, 2005, 2006 <-- consecutively -- just cause he missed 1 year thats what you go after??? c'mon, thats weak

Eh, The all star team is more a popularity contest anyway. The all-nba third team argument makes more sense. He has been on the all-nba team three times.. 2002, 2003 and 2008.. all of them third team selections. Since when does an all-nba third team player count as the greatest basketball player today.

The others said it best.. if you really are the greatest, you shouldn't have to preach it. People just know.

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 01:51 PM
You are right. Problem with Pierce is, he needs to realize that if he really is so damn great... as in HoF, GOAT, Greatest to step on the court in this world in this day and age.. he needs to be able to take a not so good team (pre KG and Allen) to the playoffs at least. Especially during a time when the East was so weak. Kobe did it, A.I. did it with the sixers, Lebron does it every year, Kidd did it with the nets... their teams don't go anywhere without them because they are just not that good, but their stars carried them into the playoffs and in some cases the finals (nets, sixers). Pierce couldn't do that or even come close to doing that. I think he's a great player but man.. he's not even on the list to be considered with the greats of the past, and near past.

Pierce led the Celtics to the playoffs in 2002 for the first time in seven years and on to the Eastern Conference Finals

7 Kenny Anderson
4 Tony Battie
30 Mark Blount
42 Kedrick Brown
11 x - Randy Brown
40 x - Joseph Forte
31 Joe Johnson
0 Walter McCarty
5 Roshown McLeod
9 Milt Palacio
34 Paul Pierce
52 Vitaly Potapenko
20 Erick Strickland
8 Antoine Walker
55 x - Eric Williams

great supporting cast for pierce too :rolleyes:

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM
Pierce led the Celtics to the playoffs in 2002 for the first time in seven years and on to the Eastern Conference Finals

7 Kenny Anderson
4 Tony Battie
30 Mark Blount
42 Kedrick Brown
11 x - Randy Brown
40 x - Joseph Forte
31 Joe Johnson
0 Walter McCarty
5 Roshown McLeod
9 Milt Palacio
34 Paul Pierce
52 Vitaly Potapenko
20 Erick Strickland
8 Antoine Walker
55 x - Eric Williams

He did those 2 I bolded
are hall of famers :)

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 01:54 PM

7 Kenny Anderson
4 Tony Battie
30 Mark Blount
42 Kedrick Brown
11 x - Randy Brown
40 x - Joseph Forte
31 Joe Johnson
0 Walter McCarty
5 Roshown McLeod
9 Milt Palacio
34 Paul Pierce
52 Vitaly Potapenko
20 Erick Strickland
8 Antoine Walker
55 x - Eric Williams

At least Antoine Walker was in supposed all-star form at that time. So the greatest player led one mediocre team to the playoffs with a sidekick and thats your way of justifying that he's the greatest. :confused::rolleyes:

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 02:03 PM
At least Antoine Walker was in supposed all-star form at that time. So the greatest player led one mediocre team to the playoffs with a sidekick and thats your way of justifying that he's the greatest. :confused::rolleyes:

please read what i wrote before...i dont even really like pierce. im not calling him the greatest. but sitting here reading some of these statements makes me atleast want to defend his accomplishments a little. its not like he is a scrub player, still pretty good. obv. not what HE thinks he is. but the two quotes that I highlighted, one by you, are not true at all.

the Nets of 2001-2002 had Kmart, Richard Jefferson....not just Kidd.

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 02:07 PM
And in case you forgot... as part of his supporting cast, A. Walker avg'd 23.4ppg, 8.9 rpg, and 5.5 apg (career high avg in apg) while shooting 37% from beyong the arc. and 78% from the freethrow line while playing 42 mins a game for 81 games. Throw in 1.7 steals per game too.. not bad to have on a team with what you imply is a horrible supporting cast for pierce.

He played well in the playoffs that year as well in 16 playoff games:
22.1 ppg, 44 minutes per game, 39% from 3pt, 8.6rpg and 3.3 apg with 1.5 spg. Yes.. thats some crappy supporting cast there. :rolleyes:

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 02:08 PM
please read what i wrote before...i dont even really like pierce. im not calling him the greatest. but sitting here reading some of these statements makes me atleast want to defend his accomplishments a little. its not like he is a scrub player, still pretty good. obv. not what HE thinks he is. but the two quotes that I highlighted, one by you, are not true at all.

the Nets of 2001-2002 has Kmart, Richard Jefferson....not just Kidd.

I can understand you don't think he's a scrub, neither do I. I think he's a great player, just no where in the stratosphere of what he thinks of himself. I said so in one of my posts above "I think he's a great player "

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 02:15 PM
I can understand you don't think he's a scrub, neither do I. I think he's a great player, just no where in the stratosphere of what he thinks of himself. I said so in one of my posts above "I think he's a great player "

fantastic, atleast we can agree on that...but you also said in your posts that he should have led him team to the playoffs the way AI, LeBron, KOBE?????and Kidd did/do but that he hasn't...... and that couldnt be farther from the truth...

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 02:16 PM

I just want to point out "2001 - 2002 Nets had Kmart and Richard Jefferson .. Not just Kidd"

Lets just remeber that in 2001 - 2002 Richard Jefferson averaged a whopping, gamechanging: 9.4 ppg, and 3.4 rpg...he improved leaps and bounds the next two years but didnt become more of an impact player until 2004. Then his numbers dipped again the next two years.

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 02:20 PM
fantastic, atleast we can agree on that...but you also said in your posts that he should have led him team to the playoffs the way AI, LeBron, KOBE?????and Kidd did/do but that he hasn't...... and that couldnt be farther from the truth...

how so? He had a 22, 8, and 4 guy to play with.

Now he's got two players better than that one.

still1ballin
10-22-2008, 02:22 PM
douche

LA_cabals
10-22-2008, 02:23 PM
Pierce can claim whatever he wants to and that doesn't bother me. Every player needs self-confidence and that's fine.

What really pisses me off is that he is taking ALL THE CREDIT BY HIMSELF. I cannot remember a single interview\comment\blog\etc where he has given his teammates credit for achieving their goal.

Prior to the finals the Celtics had a TEAM motto "Ubuntu" and were all about each other. Now that he has won a Championship\Finals MVP he speaks as if he won it alone.

How many interviews have we heard from KG? Allen? Rivers? Didn't they all have something to prove too? I'm sure these guys would share the triumph with the ENTIRE team, including Scalabrini!

How many times has a teammates name came out of Pierce's mouth?

Even Shaq who arguably has the biggest ego of everyone, gives credit to his teammates whenever he speaks of his accomplishments TO THIS DAY!! Kobe congratulated his teammates when he won the MVP. Nash, Duncan, Pistons, all speak highly of their teammates. What about you Pierce!

Afterall there is only an I in Pierce...

Until the NBA Finals, Pierce had trouble convincing anyone outside the Celtics organization, who certainly paid him as if he was among the gameís elite. His reputation was that of a good-to-occasionally-great player who didnít win. He may have been an Eastern Conference All-Star Game regular, but he had been named to an All-NBA team only twice prior to 2007, and both of those were third-team mentions.

Oh really...

....How many times has Paul Pierce carried a team to the Finals by himself? How many scoring titles does he have? How many times has he been league MVP? How many All Star games/All Star MVP's has he won?

I like what you said here.. :clap:

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 02:50 PM
Pierce can claim whatever he wants to and that doesn't bother me. Every player needs self-confidence and that's fine.

What really pisses me off is that he is taking ALL THE CREDIT BY HIMSELF. I cannot remember a single interview\comment\blog\etc where he has given his teammates credit for achieving their goal.

Prior to the finals the Celtics had a TEAM motto "Ubuntu" and were all about each other. Now that he has won a Championship\Finals MVP he speaks as if he won it alone.

How many interviews have we heard from KG? Allen? Rivers? Didn't they all have something to prove too? I'm sure these guys would share the triumph with the ENTIRE team, including Scalabrini!

How many times has a teammates name came out of Pierce's mouth?

Even Shaq who arguably has the biggest ego of everyone, gives credit to his teammates whenever he speaks of his accomplishments TO THIS DAY!! Kobe congratulated his teammates when he won the MVP. Nash, Duncan, Pistons, all speak highly of their teammates. What about you Pierce!

Afterall there is only an I in Pierce...

I like what you said here.. :clap:

Good point.. I haven't really even thought about that aspect of it either. Sean Crowe said it best about the Celtics run to the championship.. something that Pierce may or may not recognize about his team but everyone else knows.. something that if you are Pierce and you know this, you can't really make the "im the greatest" claim, and take the majority of the credit for bringing home a championship to Boston. I do not in the least bit deny that he was a huge part of the championship.. everyone knows that. he's a great player who was a part of a great TEAM that played great defense and won a championship. That does not equate to being the best player in the game.

Simply: "Kevin Garnett has only been in Boston for one season, but he's changed everything for the Celtics. He turned this into a nationally recognized powerhouse before they even played a game. He brought a defensive intensity that turned guys like Kendrick Perkins and Leon Powe into dominant stoppers.

He scored, he was unselfish, and he was a leader.

Pierce was the MVP of the Finals, but Garnett made these Finals possible."

Chicagofaithful
10-22-2008, 03:07 PM
He's not even the best in the nba... hell i would take close to 10 or more players on my team before id take him. Kid needs to chill out.... frekan put kg and ray on the heat with d wade... or the rockets with t mac... or the suns with amare... or the hornets with c paul... they all win championships absolutely... he needs to get over it...

myoo2182
10-22-2008, 03:13 PM
He's not even the best in the nba... hell i would take close to 10 or more players on my team before id take him. Kid needs to chill out.... freakin put kg and ray on the heat with d wade... or the rockets with t mac... or the suns with amare... or the hornets with c paul... they all win championships absolutely... he needs to get over it...

Wow.. KG, Ray Allen, and CP3.. that would be amazing.

MoBASS
10-22-2008, 03:19 PM
Did a single one of you read the article before talking ****?

As much as I dislike Pierce's attitude, I don't see any mention in the article of him demanding to be named with all time greats.

BRADY4MVP
10-22-2008, 03:26 PM
I just want to point out "2001 - 2002 Nets had Kmart and Richard Jefferson .. Not just Kidd"

Lets just remeber that in 2001 - 2002 Richard Jefferson averaged a whopping, gamechanging: 9.4 ppg, and 3.4 rpg...he improved leaps and bounds the next two years but didnt become more of an impact player until 2004. Then his numbers dipped again the next two years.

ok sorry, add kerry kittles and keith van horn......then you have

kidd-14.7 ppg
kittles-13.4 ppg
kmart-14.9 ppg
van horn-14.8 ppg

and the scrub center, Todd MacCulloch averaged just under 10 ppg.

so although pierce had walker, it looks like the nets have a much more even team, which in my opinion, is a better supporting cast.

all-in-all, he is CERTAINLY NOT one of the best players of all-time, but he does deserve more credit than he is getting in here, for the most part. All star and NBA finals MVP..... but NOT where he thinks he is.

ShakeN'Bake
10-22-2008, 03:32 PM
Pierce is a good to sometimes great player...He is no way one of the best ever.

Kaptain Kanada
10-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Pierce demands to be named with all time greats

Ummm... how many of the other all time greats had to demand their name get added to the list??

Just sayin'

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 03:54 PM
Good points, but the reason Pierce is more effective and supposedly leads the team into the finals is because of having guys like KG and Allen on the floor. You can't deny the floor spacing that Ray Allen creates even on an off night and the fact that they can't steadily double Pierce because of that makes it tougher. Add to that the fact that KG demands a double team in the pain or even when he's on the elbow, leaving pierce room to slash makes it much easier. When someone like Kobe has the ball they always have help ready.. most of that is because of the Celtic defensive mindset, and like you said, 5 guys willing to give themselves up for defense, but thats also because the Lakers didn't have someone who can make the defense really pay for helping early on Kobe. Yes they have 3 point shooters.. but you can't honestly compare what any shooter on the Lakers does to what Ray does just by being on the floor.

So the celtics were great in two aspects. Their superior TEAM defense, and 3 great players on offense that command respect. Many times on offense throughout the season the celtics sputtered and went on long droughts. They won because of their team defense concept. They had the right pieces for it too. Two good perimeter defenders in Posey and Rondo. A tough guy in the paint in Perkins, and a Defensive Player of the year who knows how to use his length and athleticism to play D in Garnett.

They communicate very effectively while on D. Does that make Pierce someone that should be labeled the best player in the world? not even close? Is he a great player? Sure , he is.. but if he's really that great why is it that he can't even make the playoffs in the East before KG and Allen come along. I think its also safe to say that KG is the one that really transformed the team into a defensive minded team in terms of having guys buy into the scheme and give themselves up to stop the ball.

agree with most of this except he has made the playoffs a few times when he was alone basically. but everything else is exactly right. :clap:

Raidaz4Life
10-22-2008, 04:12 PM
I despise Paul Pierce.... I hope Karma bites him in the butt

fishfan79
10-22-2008, 05:31 PM
over-rated

JOSETHEALLSTAR
10-22-2008, 05:43 PM
chill out we'll see after his career is over

G-Funk
10-22-2008, 06:56 PM
idiot

Hawkeye15
10-22-2008, 07:33 PM
he is good, but not a top 50 player ever. No way

MTar786
10-22-2008, 07:41 PM
lol @ paul pierce

kvrnm
10-22-2008, 07:51 PM
lol @ paul pierce

were you laughing during the finals? i doubt it, cus he made kobe and the whole LA team his *****.

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 07:57 PM
were you laughing during the finals? i doubt it, cus he made kobe and the whole LA team his *****.

If Kobe said this everybody would be riding his d*** saying

"Like OMGzzz Becky!!! he's the F***ing greatest!!! I frickin luv him girl!!!"

The same w/ Bynum and any other Laker player...

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 07:58 PM
Pierce demands to be named with all time greats

Ummm... how many of the other all time greats had to demand their name get added to the list??

Just sayin'

very good point :clap:

Frrrrank!!!
10-22-2008, 08:01 PM
i dont really see how this is such a big deal, what do you want him to say? yea i suck? confidence is key. he isnt the best in the league and i can admit that, but just because you dont agree with him doesnt mean he sucks all together.

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 08:03 PM
i dont really see how this is such a big deal, what do you want him to say? yea i suck? confidence is key. he isnt the best in the league and i can admit that, but just because you dont agree with him doesnt mean he sucks all together.

your right
I demand to be named with all time great posters in this forum

kvrnm
10-22-2008, 08:05 PM
your right
I demand to be named with all time great posters in this forum

dont compare yourself to pierce buddy. your posting skills blow compared to his ballin skills.

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM
dont compare yourself to pierce buddy. your posting skills blow compared to his ballin skills.

Oh SNAP!!! :speechless:

No you didn't :no:

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 08:07 PM

MEOW
aren't we a little catty
are you mad??

WADE>PIERCE

:D

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:08 PM
At least he said buddy :shrug:

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 08:09 PM
my post is really going to piss him off :laugh2:

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:11 PM
The truth hurts...

:horse:

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 08:16 PM
he is good, but not a top 50 player ever. No way

wait a second, i think its possible for him to be in the top 50 ever. and its for one reason and one reason only. Pierce is considered by life long Celtics Greats to be arguably the best offensive player they ever had.

now i know its arguably, but your talking about guys like Heinsohn and Cousy who have seen every Celtic to play for the team, saying that he one of the best players in franchise history for a franchise that has 32 retired numbers. For him to be considered better than many of those players definetly gives him a shot at the top 50.

and heres how i validate this, everyone considers KG great right? well Cedric Maxwell beleives because of his defense that he is possibly the 2nd best Celtic of all time. so if KG is up there, i dont see how Pierce isnt at least in the discussion.

wat would u say about this guy if he had Shaq those years and Kobe had Antoine Walker? u think Kobe would have still won titles?

i dont like my players to talk about stuff like that, but i know for a fact that if he doesnt say it, idiots will continue to think Shawn Marion is better than him. as long as the team is healthy, this guy will prove how great he is. for everyone saying this guy is selfish and cocky, HE WAS THE FIRST CELTIC IN CAMP TRAINING 1-1 with rookies Bill Walker and JR Giddens.

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
wait a second, i think its possible for him to be in the top 50 ever. and its for one reason and one reason only. Pierce is considered by life long Celtics Greats to be arguably the best offensive player they ever had.

now i know its arguably, but your talking about guys like Heinsohn and Cousy who have seen every Celtic to play for the team, saying that he one of the best players in franchise history for a franchise that has 32 retired numbers. For him to be considered better than many of those players definetly gives him a shot at the top 50.

and heres how i validate this, everyone considers KG great right? well Cedric Maxwell beleives because of his defense that he is possibly the 2nd best Celtic of all time. so if KG is up there, i dont see how Pierce isnt at least in the discussion.

wat would u say about this guy if he had Shaq those years and Kobe had Antoine Walker? u think Kobe would have still won titles?

i dont like my players to talk about stuff like that, but i know for a fact that if he doesnt say it, idiots will continue to think Shawn Marion is better than him. as long as the team is healthy, this guy will prove how great he is. for everyone saying this guy is selfish and cocky, HE WAS THE FIRST CELTIC IN CAMP TRAINING 1-1 with rookies Bill Walker and JR Giddens.

I just skimmed through this post and saw this. Kobe didn't win titles, Shaq did. He was never the best player on his team until Shaq left.

And about the Marion thing, Marion's not better

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 08:27 PM
I just skimmed through this post and saw this. Kobe didn't win titles, Shaq did. He was never the best player on his team until Shaq.

And about the Marion thing, Marion's not better

no kidding, but u would be surprised at the opinions of our fellow nba experts on this site.

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:29 PM
no kidding, but u would be surprised at the opinions of our fellow nba experts on this site.

I don't think we should be using that term so lightly, some people may gain hope... LOL

Catfish1314
10-22-2008, 08:29 PM
I've always liked Paul Pierce but I wish I knew what he took a puff of before he said this.

kvrnm
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
MEOW
aren't we a little catty
are you mad??

WADE>PIERCE

:D

i agree i predicted wade to be league mvp before the season started... wade is great... just think your being a little hard on pierce, if you had watched him as much as i have you would know how great a player he is.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 08:35 PM
I don't think we should be using that term so lightly, some people may gain hope... LOL

haha i know, but i can a make a list of players that people think are better than Pierce and u wouldnt even know wat to say to it or where to start. ill admit im extremely biased, im a fan

cmellofan15
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
haha i know, but i can a make a list of players that people think are better than Pierce and u wouldnt even know wat to say to it or where to start. ill admit im extremely biased, im a fan

I'm a huge Carmelo fan but I am willing to accept that Pierce is better...(even though it's not true :D LOL)

MiamiHeat
10-22-2008, 08:38 PM
i agree i predicted wade to be league mvp before the season started... wade is great... just think your being a little hard on pierce, if you had watched him as much as i have you would know how great a player he is.

Hard on pierce?
i haven't said anything mean at all,
all I said was glad wade didnt start saying stuff like this, and how this guy made a good point that's about it, I do think Pierce is a good player

BTownTeamsRKing
10-22-2008, 08:40 PM
I'm a huge Carmelo fan but I am willing to accept that Pierce is better...(even though it's not true :D LOL)

Melo has the skills to be better but u cant say he is better after some dissapointing efforts in the playoffs.

kvrnm
10-22-2008, 08:41 PM
Hard on pierce?
i haven't said anything mean at all,
all I said was glad wade didnt start saying stuff like this, and how this guy made a good point that's about it, I do think Pierce is a good player

saying this wont hurt his play, he will back it up... you watch, thats just the way he is. that is why he is my favorite player

ARMIN12NBA
10-22-2008, 10:49 PM
Did anybody hear what Pierce said today on ESPN First Take?

He said that he is deserved of the #1 fantasy draft pick and that he will be the best choice for the fantasy draft. Hehe. Does that mean he is going to hog the ball this year to get the stats worthy enough of the #1 pick?

He also said that he has thought he was the best player for a long time now. Wow! This surprised me. At first, I thought it was just the championship that made him arrogant, but it turns out he has always been arrogant.

It's funny how when he gets two superstars and wins a ship, he finally gains the courage to go out and say publicly that he is the best player on the league. Why not before?

nygiants242
10-22-2008, 10:52 PM
Pierce is an arrogant *****. He should shut up honestly

tonyd3b54
10-22-2008, 11:29 PM

he already did like 8 years ago...next best player on the team was atoine walker and pierce took them to game 7 of the east finals...

Frrrrank!!!
10-22-2008, 11:42 PM
im still confused why so many people care.:confused: he is a great player, who has confidence in himself. the media asks him about how he feels and he responds. so what? i would rather have the players on my team believe they were the best instead of being like, nope no waaay am i as good as that guy.

barreleffact
10-22-2008, 11:43 PM

what are they supposed to say? he sucks? pierce is their guy right now, so they have to say he's the best in some areas. does it mean that they mean any of it? not at all. KG...sure, he is a franchise man and will be a HoFer, but Pierce will only get in because of KG and thats it. I know that, and so does all teh celtic fans and former players.

Even with shaq, pierce isnt a Kobe caliber player. Shaq lost with Penny remember? and penny could have gone down as one of the greatest ever.

as far as marion, id take him on my team before pierce just because hes more dynamic and a better 2nd option. i would NOT want pierce on my team as a 1st option. esp not now after he claims all the credit for what his TEAM accomplished. he has never been the best on ANY level he's played in.

IversonIsKrazy
10-22-2008, 11:43 PM
i would say currently, hes prob the 2nd or 3rd best SF rite now. but in history, he'd b lucky to make HOF.

TMAC94
10-22-2008, 11:54 PM
tmac wont be like this after his championship and finals mvp :D

Frrrrank!!!
10-22-2008, 11:55 PM
i would say currently, hes prob the 2nd or 3rd best SF rite now. but in history, he'd b lucky to make HOF.

how is pierce not even close to being a HOFer? At this rate he will be second or third on the all-time celtics scorers list, and now with a finals mvp. I dont see how it will be questionable when he does retire.

DCB/LAL
10-23-2008, 12:34 AM
[QUOTE=JonnyBrav000;7085664]Pierce isn't even a top 5 player in the league today, if anything he may not even be in the top 10.

Best players in the league in my opinion and in order

1-Lebron
2-Chris Paul
3-Kobe
4-Duncan
5-Wade
6-Garnett
7-Howard
8-Pierce
9-Nash
10-Iverson

umm....deron williams, baron davis,monta ellis, dirk t-mac,bosh,amare?? No way is he an all time great i dont even think he's great maybe just really good never carried a team on his own like KG did in MN or Kobe in LA or LEbron in CLE and he had Jefferson!! Jefferson did better in MN carrying that team than peirce did with the celtics if it weren't for KG and RA he wouldn't be a celtic in my opinion and wouldn't have a ring for sure much less be mentioned by people other than who ever he would be playing for i mean come on switch him with kobe or lebron and the celtics still win the title now the same cant be said if he were with the lakers or cavs

kobynum2417
10-23-2008, 12:53 AM
pierce is garbage

cahawk
10-23-2008, 02:08 AM
This board is overloaded with laker & kobe fans and their biases.
I have noticed for sometime that they seem to have it in for Pierce,
Question: do they want Pierce to appologize for beating the kobe's & give back Trophy?

Sour Grapes.

LakeShowRaider
10-23-2008, 02:17 AM
Yea when his sorry *** was faking his injury on the floor, was he the best then too? Get this wack fool outta here.

Hellcrooner
10-23-2008, 02:53 AM
Question: do they want Pierce to appologize for beating the kobe's & give back Trophy?

Sour Grapes.

The more he talks the more he will **** up chemistry.

Can they win another ring? maybe two? Ok nice.

We for instance if we dont mess it up by doing soemthing stupid like giving bynu, 17 million a year, or resgning kobe for another 7 years 140 million have a good shot to take 6 rings in the next 10 years.

pauljames
10-23-2008, 02:57 AM
no way. pierce is a loser. he only won last season because he had two perrenial all-stars next to him. he is a traitor as well. compton dont even want that mother ****er back.

myoo2182
10-23-2008, 08:35 AM

You are right, but the thing is, Kobe isn't the one shouting he is the best and has been the best. Yes, its good for him to have confidence, im sure inside alot of the very top tier superstars think they are the best.. when you let it out publicly to the media though is when people will form opinions about it, and they are allowed to.

I agree with you though, I don't think kobe would have won all those titles with 'Toine.. but at the same time I don't think Pierce would have gotten close to the finals without KG and Ray Allen.

For all the "Pierce owned Kobe in the finals and you are all bitter" posts.. thats not really the case. I don't really see where Pierce owned Kobe so bad. The fact is that the Celts have amazing team defense and some of the quickest rotations in the league if not the quickest along with their help defense scheme. The Lakers did not help nearly as much because their defenders are not as strong, and risking leaving Ray Shuttlesworth Allen open for three even on a bad night is something to think twice about. KG opens up a whole new can of worms for what he does defensively and offensively for that team in the high post. I think Pierce did outplay Kobe for extended periods of time.. but to say he was responsible for beating Kobe for a championship is not true. I'll say it again, Pierce is a GREAT player. Just not the best.

Faneik
10-23-2008, 09:04 AM

We for instance if we dont mess it up by doing soemthing stupid like giving bynu, 17 million a year, or resgning kobe for another 7 years 140 million have a good shot to take 6 rings in the next 10 years.

:violin::crazy::down::bla::no::pity::drunk::bs:

Rome
10-23-2008, 09:13 AM
This is getin old already. He needs a regular season MVP to even talk like that.

Skins4Life
10-23-2008, 09:21 AM

:clap: nuff said

Frrrrank!!!
10-23-2008, 09:57 AM

wtf, 6 out of 10?!:eyebrow: I think someone is being wishful. You can't honestly think the lakers can win 6. They need to learn how to play some D and win one title before they can think about six.

C-Webb
10-23-2008, 10:04 AM
Did a single one of you read the article before talking ****?

As much as I dislike Pierce's attitude, I don't see any mention in the article of him demanding to be named with all time greats.

I didn't scan through this thread to see if anyone else bothered to notice this as well, but seriously as moBass states - did anyone read the article???? Anyone???

The "all-time great comment" was the writer's comments not a quote from Pierce. It wasn't even a topic of discussion in the article.

And how many times does Pierce have to talk about the Kobe comment? He has stated countless times over the summer, to himself he feels he is the best and would say it again, big deal, he also states countless times that he would expect Kobe and any other great player to do the same.... And at the time he had a huge smile on his face laughing... it was only half serious to stop all the Kobe comparisons at the time, and yet it keeps coming up with every Pierce topic, exactly how the media intended.

Fool
10-23-2008, 10:48 AM
ďIím glad you think that, but I think Iím the best player.Ē

He needs to get over himself. Badly.

I just hate him more and more each day.

cambovenzi
10-23-2008, 11:04 AM
what a fool.
hes arguably not even top 10.

$ NyC $
10-23-2008, 11:05 AM
If he deserved to be named one of the GOAT he wouldn't need 2 demand so.

prash
10-23-2008, 03:45 PM
Paul Pierce is the man. He went up against LeBron and answered everything LeBron could throw at him. Pierce's game 7 performance against Cleveland was nothing short of spectacular.

Than the Finals. Again he went up against the game's best and came out on top. Whatever Kobe could do Pierce could do too.

In the end Piece went up against the games 2 best wing players and proved that he can ball with either of them on the games biggest stage .... .. and win. There ain't nothing wrong with him being proud of his achievements. He was truly spectacular during the playoffs.

mlisica19
10-23-2008, 04:13 PM
Without KG and Ray Allen Paul would be crying right now for a new team...

Paul barely is named top players NOW? i mean hes not top 5 in my book

Kobe
Paul
James
KG
Howard (idk thats off the top of my head)
williams i rather have on my team 2

mlisica19
10-23-2008, 04:15 PM
MJ, Bird, Magic, all are greats for reasons

1) more than 1 championship
2) more than 1 Playoff MVP
3) more than 1 MVP

GOLD MEDALISTS
TEAM PLAYERS

mlisica19
10-23-2008, 04:18 PM
paul Pierce is not even top 50 of all time... MAYBE IF U ARGUED ALOT ill agree

i can name 50 guys better than him...

name 10 right now

MJ
Bird
Magic
Wilt
Shaq
Stockton
Malone
this is not even in order

mlisica19
10-23-2008, 04:23 PM
Drazen petrovic i feel did more in his life than paul pierce

Petrovic "open the gates for up for foriegn players" revolutionized scouting
he led the CROATIAN national team ( in their first couple of year as a country) to the OLYMPIC final and fought hard against the dream team

he was one of the greatest international players

Even led the nets franchise from zeroes to playoff hopes in his 3 years

and no one knows about him

BTownTeamsRKing
10-23-2008, 04:46 PM
what are they supposed to say? he sucks? pierce is their guy right now, so they have to say he's the best in some areas. does it mean that they mean any of it? not at all. KG...sure, he is a franchise man and will be a HoFer, but Pierce will only get in because of KG and thats it. I know that, and so does all teh celtic fans and former players.

Even with shaq, pierce isnt a Kobe caliber player. Shaq lost with Penny remember? and penny could have gone down as one of the greatest ever.

as far as marion, id take him on my team before pierce just because hes more dynamic and a better 2nd option. i would NOT want pierce on my team as a 1st option. esp not now after he claims all the credit for what his TEAM accomplished. he has never been the best on ANY level he's played in.

ok so u dont want the player who is willing to take the glory and the blame for taking the big shots when everyone else is cowering in the corner saying to themselves please dont pass to me. and where did u get this he takes all the credit for the team winning? u dont see his interveiws in Boston, u probably think vince carter is better than him too right? u probably didnt think he was even good until this year.

everyone thinks this year Pierce suddenly got better. WRONG. hes been this good for as long as he has been in Boston. no one ever saw it bc he was too busy compensating for the terrible teams he was on.

AKA TheMamba
10-23-2008, 04:49 PM
peirce is a douche, with tthat said and done, as a laker fan he did torch us... arrogance won't help chemistry and that I guarantee... The man just wants offseason attention and hype towards this upcoming season. Its good media thats all, just hope its scripted because there is no way he can be considered anything more than a good player of his time. Much rather than one of the Greats Of All Time. Garnett needs to burst his bubble quick and get ready for a long season. Lakers will out trump the Celts this year I HOPE !!!!!!

BTownTeamsRKing
10-23-2008, 04:58 PM
to all lakers fans in denial

2007-2008 Scoreboard
Celtics 6 Lakers 2.

nothin to do with the topic, but i thought id put your words in perspective.

l GeArs l
10-23-2008, 05:02 PM
wow this guy is funny.

l GeArs l
10-23-2008, 05:03 PM

2007-2008 Scoreboard
Celtics 6 Lakers 2.

Well see this year.

MrBloop
10-23-2008, 05:04 PM
Give Kobe, KG and Ray and see what happens, cmon this guy is too gassed up.

l GeArs l
10-23-2008, 05:05 PM

Thats the DUmbest thing i have ever heard. :smoking:

MrBloop
10-23-2008, 05:21 PM
Drazen petrovic i feel did more in his life than paul pierce

Petrovic "open the gates for up for foriegn players" revolutionized scouting
he led the CROATIAN national team ( in their first couple of year as a country) to the OLYMPIC final and fought hard against the dream team

he was one of the greatest international players

Even led the nets franchise from zeroes to playoff hopes in his 3 years

and no one knows about him

Lets be real here, Drazen could have been the best international player of his era, but he couldn't for obvious reasons. Paul Pierce is one of the premier players of his era, and has a championship.

You can also make the argument Pierce is better than any Euro player ever...easily infact.

The Dream team destroyed that Croat squad by the way.

Drazen was great, but Paul probrobly would have been greater anyway in the end.

DCB/LAL
10-23-2008, 05:26 PM
Give Kobe, KG and Ray and see what happens, cmon this guy is too gassed up.

Forget ray all he would need is KG

MrBloop
10-23-2008, 05:27 PM
true.

cahawk
10-23-2008, 05:30 PM
Sour Grapes
What a joke this whole thread is...mostly laker/kobe fans biases & Sour Grapes.
Laker/kobe fanatics get over it, you lost & Pierce was the MVP.

You guys look ridiculous when you have the quintessential narcisstic jerk of the nba in kobe and look the other way. Get the log out of your own eye.

The thread is worded in a way to get a reaction....baiting.
pretty sleazy putting the word Demand in to incite, Pierce did not demand, ridiculous.
Not many Celtic fans on forum to respond.

Pierce is a great player, not the best but obviously very good.
Who wouldn't want their players & team to have some pride.
What I see is sour grape fans looking to pick on anything they can.

News flash......it won't get you the title. Titles aren't won on spin & propaganda.

Kaptain Kanada
10-23-2008, 05:30 PM
The Truth = The Donkey

What a *******

MrBloop
10-23-2008, 06:12 PM
Sour Grapes

You guys look ridiculous when you have the quintessential narcisstic jerk of the nba in kobe and look the other way. Get the log out of your own eye.

pretty sleazy putting the word Demand in to incite, Pierce did not demand, ridiculous.

News flash......it won't get you the title. Titles aren't won on spin & propaganda.

Last I checked Paul, KG, and Ray have one chip, Kobe's got three. Lakers Fans have more to cheer about really than most of these young Celtic fans. I'm no Laker fan either, and I agree this thread is nothing but trouble, but Pierce needs to stop talkin. He aint the first mtfr to win a championship, or a championship MVP, so he should quit actin like a big mouth and focus on a repeat...You wanna be an all time great Paul, win a couple in a row.

Celt and Laker fans need to chill.

Fireworld
10-23-2008, 07:25 PM
Pierce ki zibi!

AirJordanXVIII
10-23-2008, 07:59 PM
Sour Grapes

Im not a Laker fan. Yes I hate the Celts (Im a sixers fan), but I find this annoying.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2008, 08:02 PM

you wait a second. I have been around basketball since when the Celtics were last good. Do you think he is a better offensive player than Larry Bird? No f'ing way. And his defense has been a disgrace to basketball until this year, and that was because of team defense. You saw what they were individually defensivley against Atlanta, not good. Now, I have always thought Pierce was a terrific offensive talent. But go look at that top 50 list, and realize that it was done 10 years ago, so the guys you have to knock off of there would be filled by Kobe, KG, LeBron, Duncan, and a couple others. Pierce would never make the cut in my book. Never. 4 years ago, Ron Artest claimed Pierce was the hardest man to guard one on one in the NBA. But he has always been a loser, and gotten stats on bad teams, except early in his career, but he wasn't the clear cut best player on that team then. And he still isn't. And don't let Cedric Maxwell sway you, he said more outlandish crap than most. Even Bird and DJ said he only showed up when he felt like it. Greats do it every single night. I love Bird, I have him 3rd on my list of best ever, so this is not a BOston hate, and I love Pierce, have since he was at Kansas. But dude, in no way, shape, or form should he be considered a top player of all time, let alone a top 50. Peace

Hawkeye15
10-23-2008, 08:05 PM

There aren't too many experts on this site. Marion is nowhere close to Paul Pierce. Not even in the conversation

BTownTeamsRKing
10-23-2008, 10:30 PM
you wait a second. I have been around basketball since when the Celtics were last good. Do you think he is a better offensive player than Larry Bird? No f'ing way. And his defense has been a disgrace to basketball until this year, and that was because of team defense. You saw what they were individually defensivley against Atlanta, not good. Now, I have always thought Pierce was a terrific offensive talent. But go look at that top 50 list, and realize that it was done 10 years ago, so the guys you have to knock off of there would be filled by Kobe, KG, LeBron, Duncan, and a couple others. Pierce would never make the cut in my book. Never. 4 years ago, Ron Artest claimed Pierce was the hardest man to guard one on one in the NBA. But he has always been a loser, and gotten stats on bad teams, except early in his career, but he wasn't the clear cut best player on that team then. And he still isn't. And don't let Cedric Maxwell sway you, he said more outlandish crap than most. Even Bird and DJ said he only showed up when he felt like it. Greats do it every single night. I love Bird, I have him 3rd on my list of best ever, so this is not a BOston hate, and I love Pierce, have since he was at Kansas. But dude, in no way, shape, or form should he be considered a top player of all time, let alone a top 50. Peace

Finally someone disagreeing with very good points :clap:
ill admit im a biased toward Pierce bc he has, is, and will always be my favorite baller. and he may not be top 50, but he is certainly better than a long list of underachievers. and i dont hate any players in the nba so when i say underachievers, they r still players i like to watch.

how can anyone say T-mac is better? or VC? or Marion or Curon Butler??

i think most of u dont respect him bc he doesnt always look like he is in the best shape and isnt flashy with dunks or crossovers, but this guy is clutch.

Raidaz4Life
10-23-2008, 10:33 PM
Sour Grapes

who you kidding?? If Kobe came out and said this (which he has more of a right to) you'd be mouthing off about what an arrogant prick he is.

LeBrowns
10-23-2008, 10:34 PM
Pierce is not even a HOF. Before last season people did not even consider him a top 15 player in the league. Having 2 HOF around you gives you that extra advantage. Please Paul, SHUT UP.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2008, 10:42 PM
Finally someone disagreeing with very good points :clap:
ill admit im a biased toward Pierce bc he has, is, and will always be my favorite baller. and he may not be top 50, but he is certainly better than a long list of underachievers. and i dont hate any players in the nba so when i say underachievers, they r still players i like to watch.

how can anyone say T-mac is better? or VC? or Marion or Curon Butler??

i think most of u dont respect him bc he doesnt always look like he is in the best shape and isnt flashy with dunks or crossovers, but this guy is clutch.

Pierce is better than TMac, Vince, Marion, Butler, Melo, and many more. I love the guy, but I have to look at him with no bias. He does look out of shape, you are right, but he obviously isn't. Dude, from 2002-06', he was unstoppable when healthy on the offensive end. I just don't think he is a top player ever. It is such a distinguished list.

Hawkeye15
10-23-2008, 10:45 PM
Pierce is not even a HOF. Before last season people did not even consider him a top 15 player in the league. Having 2 HOF around you gives you that extra advantage. Please Paul, SHUT UP.

Dude, Pierce will be in the HOF, this isn't baseball. And yes, he was considered a top 15 player in the NBA for a while. From 2002-06', he was easily a top 10 player

kswissdaf
10-23-2008, 10:59 PM
that little biotch needs to shut the **** up

IndyRealist
10-23-2008, 11:19 PM
I think Pierce needs a league MVP or another ring to be considered for the HOF. Otherwise he just doesn't have the credentials. He's certainly not top 50 all time. He's the high scorer on his team, but he's not the best defender and it's a defensive team. He isn't the one that makes other players better. He isn't the one that sacrificed his personal glory the most in order to win the championship.

Nighthawk
10-23-2008, 11:29 PM
See the thing is Pierce doesnt give a RATS *** what any of us think...I love the guy. Hes the man. Ive been a true fan of the truth when he was dishing out the rock to Toine. But come on he isnt ready these forums. Why get mad. LOL...Every ball player think there the best. Its the competitive nature they all have. Pierce winning a ring gave him some kind of sack to just keep going public with his claims. Oh well... Everyone saying pierce isnt hungry anymore is foolish. 2 things people mention when they say the C's cant repeat is they are getting old and they wont be hungry. I think KG WANTS Rings. He admires Bill Russel. KG wont get 11 rings. lol But i think he wants to be a celtic great and get more than 1 especially when he has the great TEAM to do it. Pierce and Ray Ray and rhe rest of the squad will alll be focused. All be defensive minded and all ready to defend the crown. Cant wait

BTownTeamsRKing
10-23-2008, 11:52 PM
Pierce is better than TMac, Vince, Marion, Butler, Melo, and many more. I love the guy, but I have to look at him with no bias. He does look out of shape, you are right, but he obviously isn't. Dude, from 2002-06', he was unstoppable when healthy on the offensive end. I just don't think he is a top player ever. It is such a distinguished list.

total agreement. i dk why ppl just assume he never led bad teams to the playoffs. he did it multiple times and even led one of the greatest 4th quarter comebacks in NBA history with the Celtics down to the Nets by 21 going to the 4ht qt, Pierce took over and to win the game basically by himself.

he also gave those good pacers teams a lot of trouble.

Pierce even surprised me a little in these playoffs. the moment that defined how great he is was game 6 in detriot. Celtics were down by 10 late in third when Pierce hit a 3 and a foul that was reversed bc of an awful foul call of anitiating contact. right there i said, see u in game 7. then Pierce just got so motivated and willed his team to the NBA Finals despite every call going against him. A true defining moment.

barreleffact
10-23-2008, 11:53 PM
ok so u dont want the player who is willing to take the glory and the blame for taking the big shots when everyone else is cowering in the corner saying to themselves please dont pass to me. and where did u get this he takes all the credit for the team winning? u dont see his interveiws in Boston, u probably think vince carter is better than him too right? u probably didnt think he was even good until this year.

everyone thinks this year Pierce suddenly got better. WRONG. hes been this good for as long as he has been in Boston. no one ever saw it bc he was too busy compensating for the terrible teams he was on.

You obviously misunderstand me and shouldnt speak of what you arent sure of. I used to think paul pierce was the truth, like when he went to the ECF with antoine walker's scrub tail. however, no way in hell is he anymore. no matter how you look at it, he was never the best on ANY level he's played. he was always a good player but never close to the best. I respected him in the past. ive lost all respect for him now considerning i havent once heard him give any credit to anyone else. he's not even teh best on his team, so to claim he;s the best in the league is an insult to a LOT of people. his arrogance is on another level and he really needs to guage himself better and realize what happened for him to get where he's at and how replacable he is. you couldve put any number of players in his spot last year and got a ring...and yes, VC might be one of those players. T-mac is definately one who could have replaced him, and t-mac is a wasted superstar in my book. Kobe is far better than he isat pretty much EVERYTHING, and the list just goes on. and as far as your glory and blame shot takin, thats a bunch of bull. many players from top tier to the bottom would take the shot if they had the chance. marion(the guy who I said id rather have on my team all around) would definately take it so go on somewhere with that. regardless, if it came down to the last shot, we all know who should get it on the team...and the only way pierce gets it is if ray is too crowded.

barreleffact
10-23-2008, 11:58 PM

2007-2008 Scoreboard
Celtics 6 Lakers 2.

yep, the lakers went down in the finals...seems kind of similar to a certain football team on track for a perfect season...couldnt be the team in your sig tho. mr boston bias over here wouldnt be dumb enough to point out others flaws while repping the biggest blunder in a good amount of time

Shieldsz
10-23-2008, 11:59 PM
Wow, he gets a ring and all this goes to his head. What an arrogant *****.

cahawk
10-24-2008, 03:37 AM
Pierce with stood being stabbed multiple times....
he will withstand the sourgrape fan attacks.
Pierce is an OK guy and hardly has the attributes I see on this thread.

As shown in the NBA finals, he gets the job done & is intimidated by no one.
But Lebron is far better than anyone in the NBA now.

Hellcrooner
10-24-2008, 03:53 AM
I know, i know where he stands in nba history, just a little above Chukc Person, SImilar strenghts, similar abilities, Same Big Mouth, only difference is Person never had the chance to play with a Kg and in a team Favoured by stern to win the title,

BTownTeamsRKing
10-24-2008, 09:04 AM
yep, the lakers went down in the finals...seems kind of similar to a certain football team on track for a perfect season...couldnt be the team in your sig tho. mr boston bias over here wouldnt be dumb enough to point out others flaws while repping the biggest blunder in a good amount of time

1. this is the NBA thread.
2. 18 Wins in football is unbeleivable and no team will ever go 16-0 again.
3. the biggest blunder? 2004 yankees easily.
4. if u would rather have shawn Marion over Pierce, except that u must think the Heat are the greatest team ever assembled with Marion Wade and Beasley.
5. Lakers do not equal Patriots in any way possible.
6. Pierce faced Kobe, Lebron, and the Pistons and beat all of them,
7. KG and Ray dissapeared for games at a time in the playoffs and Pierce was the only one who was consistent every night and never let bad play get to him.
8. u just hate Pierce bc he is commited to the Celtics and promised that if he got good players around him, he would deliver championships. i dont see the arrogance.
9. Pierce came into training camp earlier than anyone and has been training Walker, Giddens, and Tony Allen on a daily basis.
10. Pierce's number 34 will be retired in the rafters in Boston. putting in him in some great company.

C-Webb
10-24-2008, 09:17 AM
I know, i know where he stands in nba history, just a little above Chukc Person, SImilar strenghts, similar abilities, Same Big Mouth, only difference is Person never had the chance to play with a Kg and in a team Favoured by stern to win the title,

hahaha - this has to be a joke. Similar strengths - similar abilities??? Chuck Person was the Rifleman because his only strength was shooting threes. In no way is his game similar to Pierce. He averaged 15 ppg and only had about 6-7 good years. In his prime, Person did play with Reggie Miller and 6th man Detlef Shremph so it wasn't like he had noone, but he took his team nowhere in the playoffs.

BRADY4MVP
10-24-2008, 09:53 AM

Sour Grapes.

no kidding...pierce hands it to the lakers and everyone gets mad..get off kob'e's junk

:drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::drunk::laugh::laugh:: laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

this is hilarious....the celts owner the lakers, so laker fans are mad. but people saying that marion is better??? chuck person...c'mon. you dont have to like the guy, hell i dont really....but he is def. one of the better players in the nba

hotpotato1092
10-24-2008, 10:20 AM
Kobe has three titles (with one allstar teammate and NO good role players), Pierce has one (with two allstar teammates and an entire team of strong role players). Kobe has five conference titles, Pierce has one. Kobe has an MVP, Pierce doesn't. Kobe has two scoring titles, Pierce has none. Kobe has made 10 allstar teams (in the harder western conference), Pierce has made 6 (in the easier eastern conference). Kobe has made 10 all nba teams (4 1st, 3 2nd, 3 3rd), Pierce has made 3 (all third). Kobe has averaged 24.3 career points per game, Pierce has 23.6. Kobe has made 8 all defensive teams (6 1st, 2 2nd), Pierce hasn't made any. Kobe has a gold medal, Pierce doesn't. If Kobe is the standard for an elite player (along with Duncan, LeBron, KG and Dwade), there is no statistical evidence that says Paul Pierce should be at that level. If you're the type of person who doesn't believe in statistics, give me one reason why I should think that Paul Pierce has played on the level of Kobe Bryant consistently over the last 8-10 years. Paul Pierce is a very good player, but he isn't even one of the elite players in today's game, much less all time.

C-Webb
10-24-2008, 10:56 AM
Kobe has three titles (with one allstar teammate and NO good role players), Pierce has one (with two allstar teammates and an entire team of strong role players). Kobe has five conference titles, Pierce has one. Kobe has an MVP, Pierce doesn't. Kobe has two scoring titles, Pierce has none. Kobe has made 10 allstar teams (in the harder western conference), Pierce has made 6 (in the easier eastern conference). Kobe has made 10 all nba teams (4 1st, 3 2nd, 3 3rd), Pierce has made 3 (all third). Kobe has averaged 24.3 career points per game, Pierce has 23.6. Kobe has made 8 all defensive teams (6 1st, 2 2nd), Pierce hasn't made any. Kobe has a gold medal, Pierce doesn't. If Kobe is the standard for an elite player (along with Duncan, LeBron, KG and Dwade), there is no statistical evidence that says Paul Pierce should be at that level. If you're the type of person who doesn't believe in statistics, give me one reason why I should think that Paul Pierce has played on the level of Kobe Bryant consistently over the last 8-10 years. Paul Pierce is a very good player, but he isn't even one of the elite players in today's game, much less all time.

If your going to compare Pierce's title's with all-star players, to Kobe, at least do it over the same period of time played together or wait until they no longer play together. So far they are 1-1. Kobe has more with Shaq, but this just in, he played with Shaq for multiple years.

I love how you throw out the Lakers had no role players, like that is even true (Didn't Horry win them some games).

Kobe is a better shooter and scorer than Pierce, but after that comparison everything else is based off of team play, conference competition, etc. These comparisons don't have any value.

Here is one that didn't make your list. Kobe was put on trial for rape, Pierce wasn't. I guess that doesn't get included in setting the standard for today's elite player.

ramansingh3
10-24-2008, 11:51 AM
Funny thing is Kobe has achieved much more than Pierce has but he doesn't really run his mouth about as Pierce does.

NotVeryOriginal
10-24-2008, 12:52 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/news;_ylt=A0wNdbVakf5IuQUBzAE5nYcB?slug=ys-celticspierce102108&prov=yhoo&type=lgns

This is getting out of hand. Okay he's got a ring and a finals MVP. But he is nowhere near the best player in the world. He freaking KG and Ray. Without him, he wanted to be traded (remember that?)....

I like his confidence but I hope it doesnt get overboard (not that it already isnt).

Hes just upset he didnt get nominated for an Oscar so hes going with the theatrics again. I bet he even has his hommes whisper "Youre so cool PP" or "Youre the man" in his ear just to validate his existance. What a tool. KG is quite obviously the best player on that team.

C-Webb
10-24-2008, 01:08 PM
Funny thing is Kobe has achieved much more than Pierce has but he doesn't really run his mouth about as Pierce does.

Name me one other time that Pierce ran his mouth about himself as a player, before or after the Kobe comment this past summer? Not on the floor trash talk, but bragging talk off the court? You make it sound like he is constant, but I want to hear one other quoted time???

Though I am admittedly a huge C's fan, I don't even normally back Pierce often but first off this whole thread is based on an article that has nothing to do with the thread title, they don't even relate, and yet people seem to comment as if Pierce has been in the media daily for 10 years....

hotpotato1092
10-24-2008, 01:47 PM
Here is one that didn't make your list. Kobe was put on trial for rape, Pierce wasn't. I guess that doesn't get included in setting the standard for today's elite player.[/QUOTE]

How does a players legal problems affect what kind of player they are? If anything it proves how good he is because he kept playing through those problems. And do you really think Paul Pierce is on the same level as Kobe? Really? If so then you must really not follow basketball that closely

ramansingh3
10-24-2008, 01:50 PM
Name me one other time that Pierce ran his mouth about himself as a player, before or after the Kobe comment this past summer? Not on the floor trash talk, but bragging talk off the court? You make it sound like he is constant, but I want to hear one other quoted time???

Though I am admittedly a huge C's fan, I don't even normally back Pierce often but first off this whole thread is based on an article that has nothing to do with the thread title, they don't even relate, and yet people seem to comment as if Pierce has been in the media daily for 10 years....

Pierce claimed over the summer he was the best ball player in the world.

barreleffact
10-24-2008, 01:57 PM
If your going to compare Pierce's title's with all-star players, to Kobe, at least do it over the same period of time played together or wait until they no longer play together. So far they are 1-1. Kobe has more with Shaq, but this just in, he played with Shaq for multiple years.

I love how you throw out the Lakers had no role players, like that is even true (Didn't Horry win them some games).

Kobe is a better shooter and scorer than Pierce, but after that comparison everything else is based off of team play, conference competition, etc. These comparisons don't have any value.

Here is one that didn't make your list. Kobe was put on trial for rape, Pierce wasn't. I guess that doesn't get included in setting the standard for today's elite player.

bringin in outta topic stuff into a sports forum ey? really dumb considering the girl lost in both federal and civil courts. you're really ignorant whether you believe he raped her or not just for bringng it up.

besides that the man had many good points that werent team related. kobe has made more all-star teams and has actually started. all-star teams mean little but pierce hasnt started once in his 6 times...mustve been the team sucking too badly:rolleyes:

or how about the all nba teams kobe has made(10) or the all nba 1st team defensive teams(10 and 6 respectively) the individual accomplishments dont even compare.

both have played on horrible teams but when kobe played on great teams he averaged 28+...has pierce ever averaged higher than 27? thats odd for a better player because even on horrible teams, kobe has had multiple 30 point and even a 35 point season...wow!!! pierce is limitied by his teams. thats the only reason kobe appears better:rolleyes: get real. kobe is better at EVERYTHING than pierce. even being in the media

Hellcrooner
10-24-2008, 02:03 PM
10. Pierce's number 34 will be retired in the rafters in Boston. putting in him in some great company.

Oh what an honour.... Have your number retired in boston.

hangng with like the 2000 other numbers Retired there

Because basically almost every Waterboy on a ring winning celtics team gets to see his name retired.

Don nelson? Kc Jones? Loscutoff????? WTF!!!!

AT this rate they are going to need persmision from the league to use three digit numbers.....

Hellcrooner
10-24-2008, 02:07 PM
Peson was a 20 point menace a night, in his best season averaged 21 a game.

The thing is WHile being youn and in his prime, his pacers NEVER were as bad as the celtic have been in some of pierces years.

So he had to share the Ball with EXCELLENT players like TIsdale, Reggie Miller, SChrempf or Rik Smits.

Thats why he didnt Score More.

Oh and he was MUCH more than a 3 point shooter, but of course you will need to see him plahy to know that, because reading stats is like reading the Feces of a DEad FIsh

Twistedheat
10-24-2008, 02:08 PM
Pierce is a crazy mofo. He would never have won those titles w/o Kev and Ray. The best player in the world would not need them two win a world championship. He could do it with far less. Look at how close lebron got with his cast. If he had Kev and Ray forget about it

barreleffact
10-24-2008, 02:16 PM
2. 18 Wins in football is unbeleivable and no team will ever go 16-0 again.
3. the biggest blunder? 2004 yankees easily.
4. if u would rather have shawn Marion over Pierce, except that u must think the Heat are the greatest team ever assembled with Marion Wade and Beasley.
5. Lakers do not equal Patriots in any way possible.
6. Pierce faced Kobe, Lebron, and the Pistons and beat all of them,
7. KG and Ray dissapeared for games at a time in the playoffs and Pierce was the only one who was consistent every night and never let bad play get to him.
8. u just hate Pierce bc he is commited to the Celtics and promised that if he got good players around him, he would deliver championships. i dont see the arrogance.
9. Pierce came into training camp earlier than anyone and has been training Walker, Giddens, and Tony Allen on a daily basis.

1- ur point? ur the one with it in ur sig while commenting in the nba forum.

2- itll happen again. its bound to sooner or later.

3- nope, 18-1 seems pretty bad to me. 16-0 with no ring...lol. yea ur the perfect candidate to talk about the lakers arent u?

4- lol...not at all. i love wade, but neither he nor his team has impressed me this preseason. i dont think their pieces fit well at all. they really should trade marion if they want beasley to jell. but they gotta wait some tme for the matrix to teach him how to play D(something pierce lacks)

5- if you dont think they equal them then 1, ur dumb because the lakers are great and were the considerable favorites last year. 2- it makes you look even more mentally inept for clownin the lakers for losing because the patriots loss and obviously they are gods right? you cant clown LA and then support a worse loss. thats just dumb

6- pierce faced them all...pierce's TEAM beat them all. big difference, but pierce is easily replacable on that team

7- so ur admitting that he did play badly at other times??? out of 3 people 1 is always going to blow up. thats pretty much a given. besides, even when pierce was terring up on O, it was KG with his illegal screens and good defense that was always consistant and allowed them to win.

8-if you dont see pierces arrogance, you must havent seen or read much. he's said in many interviews he's always thought he was the best. he thinks he's the best now and that just isnt true. thats why i hate pierce. idc if he wins, but understand that he was replacable and that he isnt the best by far. he should understand that he cant keep going without bragging on his team and taking all the glory. i mean even Billups has a finals MVP trophy...so what? billups isnt anywhere near great nor the best in the league and never has been. and as arrogant as billups is, i guarantee you hed've mentioned his team many times...or at least ONCE

9- good. he should as the leader of that team...wait, He is trying to PROVE he's the leader. last year it was KG that did all that and more. KG is still the leader. he's the only one that isnt replacable on that roster. regardless, everyone you mentioned needs a lot of work anyway, i hope he can teach them something.

10- very true...you know who else will be retired in boston??? KG and RAY Allen...probably in close proximity to his retired jersey. think of it that way

NJrockPD
10-24-2008, 02:17 PM

Shut up. You act like he's an up and coming superstar, Pierce is a great player but he's not getting any better. Most likely he's going to get worse, he's not that young anymore.

barreleffact
10-24-2008, 02:19 PM
Pierce is a crazy mofo. He would never have won those titles w/o Kev and Ray. The best player in the world would not need them two win a world championship. He could do it with far less. Look at how close lebron got with his cast. If he had Kev and Ray forget about it

i marginally agree. Lebron on that team does win a title, and Pierce was easily replacable on that team. However, it takes talent to win a ring. IDC how good you are. Also, Lebrons run was a fluke. he played no real competition until the ECF and then got lucky/played some good ball at times. afterwards he got swept.

tonyd3b54
10-24-2008, 02:38 PM
I think im the best player in the world... thats right i said it...

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 02:44 PM
Paul "the Mouth." Pierce, Paul "the Fake." Pierce, Paul "the Wannabe." Pierce. The list goes on!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

BRADY4MVP
10-24-2008, 02:51 PM

i stopped reading at the bold quote...GET OFF KOBE's NUTTS! he did it all with no role players??? HORRY?? FISHER?? take off your Kobe-glasses

blackcat45
10-24-2008, 03:25 PM
unfortunately he does deserve to be called one of the best right now....he has been one of the best players in the league for years but has just been on bad Celtics teams with no help...such a familiar position for so many players that never got the recognition because they never won it all...now he has with help of course and it doesn't matter how it was done, it was done and he helped win a title for the franchise...I know its about winning and it should be, but to recognize great players only because they win is a mistake...it takes more than a great player to win and includes so many possibilities..pierce on the lakers with shaq? he has titles already for sure...as would mcgrady as would lebron james..i mean there are so many extenuating circumstances that great players should recognized as great no matter what team they are on....the ones on bad teams or bad franchises are just not sexy enough to the majority of average fans

blackcat45
10-24-2008, 03:38 PM
all these stats and awards are another thing..yes they have plenty of merit but in terms of awards these days I think its all a joke....there is no one dominant player in the NBA like a Jordan who could be an annual unanimous decision for MVP every season or scoring champ every season....stats and such only tell a portion of the story......you must have a short memory if you are forgetting Bryant's actions in the entire past. Not to say all these guys are prima donnas but this guy thinks hes something else its pretty funny. Want me to list them for you? Here's one: I commit sexual assault, get off because I'm an NBA player and make millions so I can have whatever I want. Buss gives me a chartered private jet so I can travel and dress like a classy criminal in a suit. Awww the plane is not nice enough for my elegant taste...This guy needs to just go away now..His act is old, go abroad take your money Bryant...Great talent no doubt but that can always be replaced because one man is not bigger than the game EVER.

blackcat45
10-24-2008, 03:42 PM
barrellaffect you and i are really agreeing on a lot of things man!!! I'm liking it..No I guess rape is just not a big deal right?? hahaha Kobe Bryant is great and all is forgotten lets buy his new jersey #24 hahahah what a joke

Hawkeye15
10-24-2008, 04:53 PM

Well, Kobe's all star teammate happened to be far better than Kobe, and most physically dominant player ever in his prime. no role players???? Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Ron Harper, Derek Fischer, Brian Shaq, Devean George, just to start. And they even had AC Green, and John Salley in there for a year or two as their career wound down. Those teams were dominant because they had inside outisde, and a center who demanded an entire defensive scheme to slow him down, opening it up for their young all star and great role players. And don't forget who their coach was at the time. Stop hating. The Celtics outplayed your mesiah. Boo hoo

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 05:12 PM
Well, Kobe's all star teammate happened to be far better than Kobe, and most physically dominant player ever in his prime. no role players???? Rick Fox, Robert Horry, Ron Harper, Derek Fischer, Brian Shaq, Devean George, just to start. And they even had AC Green, and John Salley in there for a year or two as their career wound down. Those teams were dominant because they had inside outisde, and a center who demanded an entire defensive scheme to slow him down, opening it up for their young all star and great role players. And don't forget who their coach was at the time. Stop hating. The Celtics outplayed your mesiah. Boo hoo

Pretty sure the Lakers excuse for not winning it last year was because they didn't have Bynum. :D

kingkobe
10-24-2008, 06:22 PM
wow so much hate...good thing you guys have these forums to get it all out otherwise you'd be like ron artest beating up your wives and kids or like isiah who just od'd. GO PSD!

AirJordanXVIII
10-24-2008, 07:00 PM
This is ridiculous. Im not a Paul or Kobe fan, but those of you who wont admit the Kobe is better than Pierce are flat out ridiculous. Dont bring up the off court ****. Kobe scored 81 in a game and has more rings than Pierce. Pierce whined like a little ***** when he didnt have KG and Ray.

barreleffact
10-24-2008, 09:44 PM
barrellaffect you and i are really agreeing on a lot of things man!!! I'm liking it..No I guess rape is just not a big deal right?? hahaha Kobe Bryant is great and all is forgotten lets buy his new jersey #24 hahahah what a joke

rape would be a big deal...if he actually did it. but he didnt. all he did was cheat on his wife...like jordan and every other nba player has done. still wrong? yes, but it aint rape. regardless its pretty weak to say pierce is better because he doesnt get laid. kobe does more girls and performs better on the court. 81 points, all nba teams, all defensive teams, olympic gold, higher scoring average, pretty much kobe has everything over pierce. even lebron has a LOT over him. how can you be the best when you arent better at anything? how can you proclaim yourself to be the best anyway? kobe was always told he's teh best. lebron THINKS he's the best, but he tries to humble himself and defer to kobe. CP3 has an argument at being the best but he is so humble ive never heard him brag on himself. even d-wade, although he's gotten cocky, has never proclaimed himself the best....yet pierce says he is? what a joke

C-Webb
10-24-2008, 09:55 PM
Pierce claimed over the summer he was the best ball player in the world.

Ummmmmm.... ya, thats the Kobe comment everyone refers to... I said other than that comment which he has (right or wrong) explained enough times this summer already

RocketsRule
10-24-2008, 09:56 PM
Pierce is going a little overboard here. I mean, confidence is good, but this is a little too much.

C-Webb
10-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Peson was a 20 point menace a night, in his best season averaged 21 a game.

The thing is WHile being youn and in his prime, his pacers NEVER were as bad as the celtic have been in some of pierces years.

So he had to share the Ball with EXCELLENT players like TIsdale, Reggie Miller, SChrempf or Rik Smits.

Thats why he didnt Score More.

Oh and he was MUCH more than a 3 point shooter, but of course you will need to see him plahy to know that, because reading stats is like reading the Feces of a DEad FIsh

In his prime, his Pacers were never as bad as the Celtics, eh?... You do realize he was only there for 6 years, and had almost the same team the entire time. Not much time to really go through a big slump since they shipped him out.

And we go from one post that says he had noone around him, to talking about his excellent teammates and that is why he didn't score. Interesting loop-around.

My point wasn't Person wasn't a bad player. Hell, he was R.O.Y and fun to watch when he slapped his head coming back up the floor after making a three (shocker, maybe I did watch a game and not just read stats, given I saw every minute of the legendary series where Bird smacked his head off the floor and then the following year when the C's swept them). My point was he does not have a game like Pierce at all, and he did not end up being anywhere near the player Paul is. Person basically was an outside bomber, Pierce scores from many more locations, with his biggest strength probably getting to the line, and not shooting threes, the opposite of Person.

How did this thread possible get a Chuck Person sighting again???

Hawkeye15
10-24-2008, 10:31 PM
Pretty sure the Lakers excuse for not winning it last year was because they didn't have Bynum. :D

no, there excuse was because they were soft, and Kobe didn't do what a top 10 player ever does, and take over when needed. And I don't think the Lakers win it this year. Kobe is not the man. His rings came from Shaq being the man, we will see. But in my opinion, as long as Kobe is the clear cut top dog on his team, the Lakers will not win it all. No hate here, just what I see, and think

blackcat45
10-24-2008, 11:39 PM
rape would be a big deal...if he actually did it. but he didnt. all he did was cheat on his wife...like jordan and every other nba player has done. still workn? yes, but it aint rape. regardless its pretty weak to say pierce is better because he doesnt get laid. kobe does more girls and performs better on the court. 81 points, all nba teams, all defensive teams, olympic gold, higher scoring average, pretty much kobe has everything over pierce. even lebron has a LOT over him. how can you be the best when you arent better at anything? how can you proclaim yourself to be the best anyway? kobe was always told he's teh best. lebron THINKS he's the best, but he tries to humble himself and defer to kobe. CP3 has an argument at being the best but he is so humble ive never heard him brag on himself. even d-wade, although he's gotten cocky, has never proclaimed himself the best....yet pierce says he is? what a joke

i dunno man the guy is a great player but a weirdo...innocent in court does not mean a damn thing....hey Mike may have done it too, but his marriage should not have really happened..I mean he got married wearing jeans in Las Vegas hahaha...thats his mistake though and he has to live with all that....still Mike has class and projected class...when he did give into all the temptations it certainly was on the down low and he wasn't chasing teenagers around:D

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:40 PM
I would have to Admit, I HATE Paul. Not only is he a Faker and a little cry baby. He thinks hes the best, which is another reason to hate him. ANd to all you boston fans that think that Paul is better the Kobe are flat out ********.:bla:

l GeArs l
10-24-2008, 11:42 PM
no, there excuse was because they were soft, and Kobe didn't do what a top 10 player ever does, and take over when needed. And I don't think the Lakers win it this year. Kobe is not the man. His rings came from Shaq being the man, we will see. But in my opinion, as long as Kobe is the clear cut top dog on his team, the Lakers will not win it all. No hate here, just what I see, and think

To tell you the truth, i really dont care because after all im not a Boston fan or a laker fan, Im a Bobcat fan. So yeah i dont care about what other people think about those teams. But when you say that Paul is better the Kobe or even a top 10 player in the League is a ******. Case Closed.

LAKERS 24/7
10-25-2008, 12:14 AM

You know as well as everyone else, that you think that because of your biased opinion towards Kobe. The Lakers won't win it all with Kobe being the top dog? So the best player in the league (2nd at the worst) can't lead his team to a championship? If he can't then there isn't anyone that can. Yea, theres no hate there :rolleyes:. This is going in my sig, and we'll see what happens at the end of the year.

Hawkeye15
10-25-2008, 12:52 AM
To tell you the truth, i really dont care because after all im not a Boston fan or a laker fan, Im a Bobcat fan. So yeah i dont care about what other people think about those teams. But when you say that Paul is better the Kobe or even a top 10 player in the League is a ******. Case Closed.

where did I say top 10 player in the league? I said all time. And no, Kobe hasn't even entered the argument for that company. And I am not so sure that Paul is flat out better than Kobe, he just does more for his team all around. Better fit, that's all. So, thanks for calling me a ******, maybe read what I wrote next time before you hack away at the keyboard

ridere46
10-25-2008, 06:38 AM
he's not the best player in his own team. simple as that. i wonder if he thought that before kg and allen joined the team? probably not. he's still a looser.

stevefrancis
10-25-2008, 10:34 AM
he was garbage before kg and allen got to boston now because he jumped backseat to them he thinks hes so good. come on couldn't even have a better record than the knicks before his saviors got to boston.

hotpotato1092
10-25-2008, 04:07 PM
bringin in outta topic stuff into a sports forum ey? really dumb considering the girl lost in both federal and civil courts. you're really ignorant whether you believe he raped her or not just for bringng it up.

besides that the man had many good points that werent team related. kobe has made more all-star teams and has actually started. all-star teams mean little but pierce hasnt started once in his 6 times...mustve been the team sucking too badly:rolleyes:

or how about the all nba teams kobe has made(10) or the all nba 1st team defensive teams(10 and 6 respectively) the individual accomplishments dont even compare.

both have played on horrible teams but when kobe played on great teams he averaged 28+...has pierce ever averaged higher than 27? thats odd for a better player because even on horrible teams, kobe has had multiple 30 point and even a 35 point season...wow!!! pierce is limitied by his teams. thats the only reason kobe appears better:rolleyes: get real. kobe is better at EVERYTHING than pierce. even being in the media

EXACTLY. Thank you

hotpotato1092
10-25-2008, 04:16 PM
And one more thing, if the Lakers and Celtics traded Kobe for Pierce Straight up, how do those teams do? The Celtics could legitimately win 70. They could break the '95-96 bulls record. Sure you could make the argument that kobe destroys their chemistry (if you're really that synical), but I'll argue back that KG wouldn't let him. KG would keep him in line and they'd probably lose no more than 20 games in the regular and post season combined. As for the Lakers, they'd be a good team. They'd have Pierce, Odom, Gasol and Bynum. But would they be a great team? I don't think so. Pierce and Odom (because of his MASSIVE ego) would fight for alpha dog status constantly because the gap between them is JUST small enough for Odom to think he is better. Pau would be forced to watch as Odom and Pierce hoist up shot after shot trying to prove who's better as he is reduced to only 8-10 low post touches per game. Andrew Bynum's development would be slowed down to the point that they would trade him and watch him turn into a beast somewhere else. Maybe that team wins 50 games, maybe they squeak by someone out west, but are they beating the jazz hornets or rockets in the second round? No way.

BALLER71
10-25-2008, 04:22 PM
He's a better actor than basketball player.

chisox..YES!
10-25-2008, 04:29 PM
Man i have never seen a championship go to someones head the way it has with pierce.
1 Kobe is better than Pierce HANDS DOWN
2 KG is better than Pierce
3 Pierce shouldnt demand to be named with the all time greats untile he wins at least 3 championships IMO

weebs
10-25-2008, 04:32 PM
I fail to see where he "demands" to be named with them. He considers himself the best in his own mind, that's his mentality. but he knows other people won't agree.

bogdanrom
10-25-2008, 06:05 PM
He really needs to STFU. He isn't even one in the top 10 IMO today. He's way too cocky. He is getting so annoying.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-26-2008, 08:43 AM
can someone just close this? He never demanded to be named the best ever. Its a just a mentality like someone else said.

NYMetros
10-26-2008, 12:20 PM
Where in the article did he say he demands to be named with the all-time greats?

He said this:

“I’m glad you think that, but I think I’m the best player.”

He did win the NBA Finals MVP, so technically he was the best player in that series. I'm pretty sure that is what he means when he says that. Every player strives to be the best, that's why they play.

Some of you guys really took this way too seriously.

KB24PG16
10-26-2008, 06:53 PM
maybe if he ends his carear on upside but right now hes not even close

BleedPurple
10-26-2008, 08:47 PM
The top50 greats is eventually going to have to be changed to the top 150 greats, and Im almost positive that Pauly will be in there.Its not like he sucks! His mouth is making him look like the NBA's Terell Owens.

I hate Mitch
10-27-2008, 01:01 AM

OY!
10-27-2008, 01:54 AM
Well, Kobe's all star teammate happened to be far better than Kobe

excuse me? far better? where was this so called "far better" player where the lakers needed him?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C7Lp5aQq4zI

Oh wait, that's right. He fouls out and the "Far less better" player takes over when the lakers were down. :pity:

Also where do you ever see shaq come threw in the clutch? Not once he did, and kobe, well there was many...here's a small sample...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J2yzNQWFYko

not even close to all of it but just a taste :D

LAKERS 24/7
10-27-2008, 03:58 AM
rape would be a big deal...if he actually did it. but he didnt. all he did was cheat on his wife...like jordan and every other nba player has done. still wrong? yes, but it aint rape. regardless its pretty weak to say pierce is better because he doesnt get laid. kobe does more girls and performs better on the court. 81 points, all nba teams, all defensive teams, olympic gold, higher scoring average, pretty much kobe has everything over pierce. even lebron has a LOT over him. how can you be the best when you arent better at anything? how can you proclaim yourself to be the best anyway? kobe was always told he's teh best. lebron THINKS he's the best, but he tries to humble himself and defer to kobe. CP3 has an argument at being the best but he is so humble ive never heard him brag on himself. even d-wade, although he's gotten cocky, has never proclaimed himself the best....yet pierce says he is? what a joke

what i took from this post

Vidball
10-27-2008, 10:07 AM
Pierce has never ever ever scratched the surface of being a top-10 talent in the NBA. He is not even the best player on his own team and he wants to be considered the best in the world...lol. There's a reason why KG got all the love from GM's in DPOY voting and from the media in MVP voting.

CELTICS4LYFE
10-27-2008, 10:11 AM
Where in the article did he say he demands to be named with the all-time greats?

He said this:

He did win the NBA Finals MVP, so technically he was the best player in that series. I'm pretty sure that is what he means when he says that. Every player strives to be the best, that's why they play.

Some of you guys really took this way too seriously.

exactly cuz they said he was is spain an they were all askin about kobe....i woulda got pissed an said the same thing lol

BTownTeamsRKing
10-27-2008, 10:52 AM
people just wanna look for something to trash him. who cares? hes got the ring and glory and he earned it along with everyone on the team.

he never demanded to be an alltime great. the only person he demanded that from is himself. last year was last year and tomoro when the banner goes up, it will behind us and time for a new challenge.

ramansingh3
10-28-2008, 02:03 PM
Man i have never seen a championship go to someones head the way it has with pierce.
1 Kobe is better than Pierce HANDS DOWN
2 KG is better than Pierce
3 Pierce shouldnt demand to be named with the all time greats untile he wins at least 3 championships IMO

I agree with you a 100%. How come Pierce didn't say any of this stuff the year before when they had the league's worst record.

BTownTeamsRKing
10-28-2008, 11:32 PM
well tonight u saw why i defend Pierce. he is Clutch. He has so much team pride and despite the team shooting terribly, he would not let the Celtics lose.

tonight was very similar to the playoffs. KG and Ray (love em both as players), dissapeared and left Pierce and this time Tony Allen to win the game. o yea leon powe is a beast