PDA

View Full Version : What Do You Expect from each Team? ... WEST

SAVAGE CLAW
10-21-2008, 10:24 PM
Regular Season Only.

1 Lakers: I expect them having a hard time to combine Pau, Bynum and Odom and strugglin for the first couple of months, after a trade at the deadline for Odom ill guess they will come back to winning ways and grab the first spot out west.

2 Jazz:No one looks at them, maybe because they are an small market, but they are deep, play a defined scheme and the core is been togheter for a long time, Boozer will also excel in his contract year, Main menace for the Lakers in my opinion.

3 Rockets: This is their time,Artest will behave, his pocket is at stake this season, its Imposible that they have more bad luck with injuries than they have been having, postseason…well that’s another story.

4 Hornets: Posey is a bad deal, they still lack some production from the Sg position, I expect Devin Brown to step up into the starter , they will go on improving but I don’t think they are deep enough to be more than fourth.

5 Spurs: The same old story, they will sleep during the season, start to get into rhythm after the allstar break to be perfectly ready for Playoffs wich is what really matters.

6 Suns: Will be tougher to beat than some people think, they will use another rythm but they still are talented enough to not fear missing the playoffs.

7 Mavericks : They are on the dangerous zone, I still think their veterans will make a difference and allow them to go into the playoffs, and I also expect Cuban to make some kind of move by deadline to ensure they stay competitive, but the building is already on the decay, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they failed to make it.

8 Blazers: they have all the talent in the world, all the depth in the world and a expiring contract that is unrivaled on the whole league, they will make an smart move and surprise everybody, of course they still have to assemble and find out how to make fit roy and rudy at the same time and that takes time, they may or may not go into the playoffs this year, theyre a lock for 2010 anyway.

9 Nuggets: They are there, on the verge, but somehow it seems that the Ai/Melo experiment didn’t pan out, they still have issues at Pg and frountcourt, maybe a good trade can help them beat Dallas and Portland for the 8th spot, but I would not bet my money on it.

10 Clippers: They are one of the frontrunners to get vince, pity that the roster is unbalanced enough and that they are historically so unluky that it may not be enough to get them to post season, I wouldn’t also bet on davis making 82 games ( Hey remember when I pointed this in a thread some time ago and asked rhetorically when was the last time he didn’t injury in a whole season? And some clipps fans moked me saying last year? Well he is injured NOW , go laugh somewhere else :p)

11 Wolves: They are leaving good impressions in preseason, they completely robbed the Grizz trading Mayo for Love and Miller I don’t think they are mature enough to enter the playoff talk, but they are going to raise some eyebrows.

12 Kings: They have Kevin Martin, and uhh Kevin Martin, and yes they have Kevin Martin Too, Ok joke, He may be a second option at best on a contending team but he gets his job done, and the team is very young but has some hard workers on it, they may get something good for Brad Miller, many expect them to fail dramatically,Not me, I think they can get 35 wins .

13 Assaulters: They will suck salty balls but make a lot of Sports Center because they have to market the new team in the new city, they could easily be the worst in the league but well their offseason has not been so terrible as Gstate and Memphis.

14 Warriors: Ellis out, Their “marquee” player is Maggette….. they overpaid biedrins, are stuck with a lot of players wich are swingers….have no depth, well at last they won thave bad locker room matters.

15 Grizzlies: Ok, this is the question, How many Basket balls are allowed at the same time on the court? One? Houston we are in trouble!!!!

To start with, they had Conley, they had a very very good two in Miller, they had gay, Milicic and Gasol for the 5 they needed a good PF……Why in hell did they draft the guy they need and trade himOVERPAYING a lot for a guy they don’t need?

Second Matter, the three of them conley, mayo and gay need the ball, and hog the ball, Mayo is really going to be a very good player because he has work ethic but gay is the tipical me first , and I don’t care if I lose while my stat sheet isgood type of guy.

So I can really see it becoming an issue in the locker room between those too.

Not to talk about how are they going to MISUSE Marc Gasol inside, if he got like 12 touches a game he would EASILY be a 15 /8 guy but thse three don’t even care to pass inside so he will get like 4 or 5 shots a game so he will be a 6-8 /8 guy.

A team needs interior scoring.

They will appear a lot of times in espn with spectacular moves , dunks and three pointers, but anything more than 20 wins will be a surprise.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:40 AM
Blistering Barnackles!!!

ARMIN12NBA
10-22-2008, 12:53 AM
Blistering Barnackles!!!

:laugh2:

SAVAGE CLAW
10-22-2008, 12:55 AM
I wonder how people go and post a lot of stupid comments on stupid threads and no one posts in complete threads based on points and not insults.

Do nobody have an own opinion?

Lakersfan2483
10-22-2008, 01:27 AM
Regular Season Only.

1 Lakers: I expect them having a hard time to combine Pau, Bynum and Odom and strugglin for the first couple of months, after a trade at the deadline for Odom ill guess they will come back to winning ways and grab the first spot out west.

2 Jazz:No one looks at them, maybe because they are an small market, but they are deep, play a defined scheme and the core is been togheter for a long time, Boozer will also excel in his contract year, Main menace for the Lakers in my opinion.

3 Rockets: This is their time,Artest will behave, his pocket is at stake this season, its Imposible that they have more bad luck with injuries than they have been having, postseason…well that’s another story.

4 Hornets: Posey is a bad deal, they still lack some production from the Sg position, I expect Devin Brown to step up into the starter , they will go on improving but I don’t think they are deep enough to be more than fourth.

5 Spurs: The same old story, they will sleep during the season, start to get into rhythm after the allstar break to be perfectly ready for Playoffs wich is what really matters.

6 Suns: Will be tougher to beat than some people think, they will use another rythm but they still are talented enough to not fear missing the playoffs.

7 Mavericks : They are on the dangerous zone, I still think their veterans will make a difference and allow them to go into the playoffs, and I also expect Cuban to make some kind of move by deadline to ensure they stay competitive, but the building is already on the decay, so I wouldn’t be surprised if they failed to make it.

8 Blazers: they have all the talent in the world, all the depth in the world and a expiring contract that is unrivaled on the whole league, they will make an smart move and surprise everybody, of course they still have to assemble and find out how to make fit roy and rudy at the same time and that takes time, they may or may not go into the playoffs this year, theyre a lock for 2010 anyway.

9 Nuggets: They are there, on the verge, but somehow it seems that the Ai/Melo experiment didn’t pan out, they still have issues at Pg and frountcourt, maybe a good trade can help them beat Dallas and Portland for the 8th spot, but I would not bet my money on it.

10 Clippers: They are one of the frontrunners to get vince, pity that the roster is unbalanced enough and that they are historically so unluky that it may not be enough to get them to post season, I wouldn’t also bet on davis making 82 games ( Hey remember when I pointed this in a thread some time ago and asked rhetorically when was the last time he didn’t injury in a whole season? And some clipps fans moked me saying last year? Well he is injured NOW , go laugh somewhere else :p)

11 Wolves: They are leaving good impressions in preseason, they completely robbed the Grizz trading Mayo for Love and Miller I don’t think they are mature enough to enter the playoff talk, but they are going to raise some eyebrows.

12 Kings: They have Kevin Martin, and uhh Kevin Martin, and yes they have Kevin Martin Too, Ok joke, He may be a second option at best on a contending team but he gets his job done, and the team is very young but has some hard workers on it, they may get something good for Brad Miller, many expect them to fail dramatically,Not me, I think they can get 35 wins .

13 Assaulters: They will suck salty balls but make a lot of Sports Center because they have to market the new team in the new city, they could easily be the worst in the league but well their offseason has not been so terrible as Gstate and Memphis.

14 Warriors: Ellis out, Their “marquee” player is Maggette….. they overpaid biedrins, are stuck with a lot of players wich are swingers….have no depth, well at last they won thave bad locker room matters.

15 Grizzlies: Ok, this is the question, How many Basket balls are allowed at the same time on the court? One? Houston we are in trouble!!!!

To start with, they had Conley, they had a very very good two in Miller, they had gay, Milicic and Gasol for the 5 they needed a good PF……Why in hell did they draft the guy they need and trade himOVERPAYING a lot for a guy they don’t need?

Second Matter, the three of them conley, mayo and gay need the ball, and hog the ball, Mayo is really going to be a very good player because he has work ethic but gay is the tipical me first , and I don’t care if I lose while my stat sheet isgood type of guy.

So I can really see it becoming an issue in the locker room between those too.

Not to talk about how are they going to MISUSE Marc Gasol inside, if he got like 12 touches a game he would EASILY be a 15 /8 guy but thse three don’t even care to pass inside so he will get like 4 or 5 shots a game so he will be a 6-8 /8 guy.

A team needs interior scoring.

They will appear a lot of times in espn with spectacular moves , dunks and three pointers, but anything more than 20 wins will be a surprise.

I expect the lakers to have the top seed out west. I think the Hornets and Rockets will battle for the 2nd seed and the Jazz and Spurs will also be one of the top teams.

Hellcrooner
10-22-2008, 02:42 AM
West:

1 Lakers

2 Hornets

3 Blazers

4 Jazz

5 Rockets

6 Spurs

7 Suns

8 Nuggets

9 Mavs

10 clipperss

11 Grizzlies

12 Warriors

13 Wolves

14 thunder?

15 Kings.

Chronz
10-22-2008, 03:30 AM
Damn good write up man, I agreed with most of your selections and the ones I didnt I saw them within the spot behind them so cant really comment on much, good job.

sportsnutzz
10-22-2008, 03:32 AM
Jazz should be 1-2

Chronz
10-22-2008, 03:37 AM
One thing Ive always wondered when these kind of threads are made is, are you asking us to predict their record at seasons end or their actual ranking as a team?

JayW_1023
10-22-2008, 08:58 AM
Lakers: They'll be right there as long as Kobe Bryant plays most of the season. He has really taken his game to another level in terms of leadership and playing within the team concept. Not only will Bynum pick off where he left off...Pau Gasol demanding attention in the high post will also make it easier for him to score down low. Odom is a question mark...I hope he will accept a role off the bench for the good of the team, because they really need an extra shooter as a starter to keep the offense flowing well early.

Jazz: They haven't made alot of changes so it's safe to assume the Williams-Boozer tandem will lead them again. I think Ronnie Brewer will be important, especially since this team lacks speed and athelticism and Brewer will be guarding the opposing teams best perimeter scorers.

Rockets: They will be in the thick of things record wise, mainly because their defense is even better now with Artest in the fold. Adelman has chosen to play Yao more in the high post so he'll be fresher in the postseason. I think that will result in Yao's healthiest season since his rookie year. The team needs to continue buying into Adelmans fluid-ball movement offense, what got them their 22 win streak. With their added depth and talent they should get similair good results.

Hornets: As a Spurs fan I'll be the first to say that our series win agains NO was a fluke. They have Chris Paul still improving and now they have a proven veteran role player in Posey to finally get their much needed perimeter stopper. I expect them to get the leagues best record if everyone stays in good health.

Spurs: Everybody keeps saying we're too old and done for. Granted, the Ginobili injury isn't a great start, but Spurs basketball is winning basketball as long as Duncan is there. I expect us to compete for the title once again. But as a realist I do think our window is closing pretty fast.

Suns: This team has become a mess. I expect 50 wins for sure...but they are still soft in the interiors and weaker in transition losing probably the best fast break guy in the league in Marion. Stoudemire will flourish at his natural position, but Shaq is bound for another 60 game or less season. Nash won't get any younger either. If Kerr has been a BIT more patient and aquired a more athletic big that could run the floor and defend the rim, they would've been in much better shape and even contend for the title. Now they are a lower seed bound for another first round exit.

Mavericks : The return of Diop will help more than you think. Their front court depth is much better and they finally have insurance in case Dampier pick up too many silly fouls. Although the Kidd trade was iffy, it was still necessairy to keep Dirk effective. Dirk isn't getting younger and his old role of playing more back to the basket would tire him out. Now he has Kidd to go back to pick and pop mode...which will keep Dallas a competitive force in the West

Blazers: I think they will make the postseason. The have a great coach and a great young nuclues led by Brandon Roy, and Odens weakside defense and rebounding may be all that they needed. LaMarcus Aldridge plays like Sheed on offense without the erratic threes and Rudy looks like a differencemaker off the pine. I like this team..they have the envy of most young teams right now.

Nuggets: Someone is going to be the odd man out. With JR Smith flourishing into a premier scorer, either Iverson or K-Mart is going to have to go. They need serious help at the point guard position...and they have the injury prone Nene at center replacing their best defender. They will be entertaining individually, but as a team they don't have the defensive pieces to earn them a playoff spot in the competitive West

Clippers: They will certainly be entertaining with B. Diddy, Camby, Kaman and the improving Al Thornton. Baron Davis needs to play within himself and stop taking erratic perimeter shots and I see this team pushing for a playoff seed. The Camby, Kaman tandem up front will make them a great rebounding team. If they play as a team they will be pushing for the playoffs...but if they do it the Ricky Davis way, no way!

Wolves: They will suprise alot of people. I think as far as offense goes they have their pieces well set up. Foye can slash and play both guard positions...Miller and McCants can shoot the rock, which will give Jefferson more room to operate in the post. If he learns how to make precision passes out of double teams better the offense will flow. They just have too many undersized guys on defense. If Kevin Love can make an impact on this team they can win as much as 40 games. The playoffs are a big piece away.

Kings: They are clearly in rebuild mode and Kevin Martin has the green light to score. John Salmons and Fransisco Garcia will continue to improve but they will still stink.

Thunder: The enthusiasm of playing in a new city will wear off quickly, but they have alot of young talent. I don't expect Durant to improve much from last season if he stays as lanky as he appears now.

Warriors: They let Davis walk, paid Ellis like a franchise player out of numb good faith and still have to adress their frontcourt issues. Maggette is a me-first scorer that'll get his numbers and doesn't do much else. Jackson plays well one game and is out of control the next. Pretty awful offseason equals pretty awful regular season.

Grizzlies: They have their perimeter guys set up in Conley, Mayo and Rudy Gay. They still have alot of maturing to do but they will certainly be fun to watch. Their frontcourt is a total dud...with Hakim Warrick and Darko--uh-oh. Marc Gasols hustle should help however. They will not win...but they will be a fun exciting team with lots of highlight reels.

Wilson
10-22-2008, 09:27 AM
SAVAGE CLAW's and JayW 1023's write ups were great, not much more you could add to them.

I think it's really important to not count out San Antonio or Utah this year. Most of the attention is going to the Lakers, Rockets and Hornets, but San Antonios defense and experience has already proven to be succesful in the play-offs. Utah's physical style and defense could also lead them to suprise people, I wouldn't be suprised to see either one of these teams win the championship.

SAVAGE CLAW
10-23-2008, 12:32 AM
One thing Ive always wondered when these kind of threads are made is, are you asking us to predict their record at seasons end or their actual ranking as a team? Their Record basically, to rank them as teams woudl take longer and longer explanations.