PDA

View Full Version : Quinn Gray

redross006
10-21-2008, 08:21 PM
BobGretz.com is reporting that the chiefs will likely sign QB Quinn Gray within the next couple of days. What do you all think?

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2008, 08:32 PM
Do you have a source? I actually don't mind this, he's never really been given a shot and failed.

He has a career 88.5 QB Rating and 12:5 TD/INT ratio.

Of course, he hasn't played since 2007 with the Jags for 8 games.

What the hell though, right?

redross006
10-21-2008, 08:37 PM
The source is bobgretz.com. Bob gretz has quite a history w/ the chiefs so if he says it is so I think it is reliable.

redross006
10-21-2008, 08:39 PM
October 21, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From Arrowhead Stadium

Tuesday was a busy personnel day at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chiefs have booted K Nick Novak and brought back rookie K Connor Barth.

They also claimed P Steve Weatherford on waivers from New Orleans.

And if he passed the team’s physical Tuesday afternoon, they were expected to sign QB Quinn Gray to the roster.

The Chiefs hope the move at punter is a temporary situation. In the Carolina game, Dustin Colquitt suffered an injury to his right calf. Remember, Colquitt kicks with his left leg. He nursed the injury through the bye week and in last week’s practices for the Tennessee game he was able to kick. In Sunday’s game against the Titans, he punted seven times for 47.6 yards. But he was limping after the game.

Weatherford, 25, was released on Monday by the Saints after kicking against Carolina. He averaged 42.1 yards on 26 punts with a net average of 34.2 yards. He signed in 2006 with New Orleans as a college free agent out of the University of Illinois. In 2006-07, he punted 140 times for the Saints, with a 43.8-yard average and a 37.4-yard net average.

As for the kicker position, the decision before the season between Novak and Barth was especially close. When he was released, the Chiefs told Barth to keep kicking because the situation could change. After six games, Novak was only six of 10 on field goals, including two missed kicks last Sunday against Tennessee. The Chiefs are looking for at least 80 percent on field goals. In the pre-season, Barth was two of three on field goals, making kicks from 35 and 37 yards, and missing from 46 yards.

On Tuesday, Gray and Bruce Gradkowski were at the team facilities for workouts. Gradkowski was with Tampa Bay last year and went to training camp with the St. Louis Rams before being released at the end of the pre-season. Gray was with Jacksonville for five seasons and signed as an unrestricted free agent in the offseason with Houston. The Texans released him back in June and he spent training camp this past summer with Indianapolis.

In the ‘08 pre-season with the Colts, he was 40 of 81 for 562 yards, two TD passes and six interceptions. Gray also ran nine times for 60 yards. He was released on the cutdown before the regular season.

At 6-3, 255 pounds, Gray has limited playing time in the NFL. He’s played in 11 games with four starting assignments from 2005-07 for the Jaguars, completing 101 of 180 passes for 1,252 yards, 12 TDs and five interceptions. In his four starts during the ‘07 season, Jacksonville was 2-2.

Chiefs fans may remember the final game of the ‘06 season, when Gray came in as a replacement for David Garrard in the third quarter and nearly led the Jags back to a victory. He hit 13 of 22 passes for 166 yards and ran twice for 26 yards and two TDS against the Chiefs.

Gray is 29 years old and played his college football at Florida A&M. He signed with the Jaguars as a college free agent in 2002. He played in NFL Europe in 2003, where he led the Frankfurt Galaxy to a World Bowl title.

The Chiefs have also talked with veteran Daunte Culpepper, who earlier this fall announced his retirement. Culpepper showed mild interest in making a comeback and conversations will likely continue. The Chiefs would not sign Culpepper however, until they got a good look at his knee, which he injured in October of 2005, with damage to three of the joint’s four ligaments. He played the 2006 season in Miami and the 2007 season in Oakland.

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 08:42 PM
I really like this move... I watched him play for the colts and he did pretty good... i dont know if this was in the reg season or pre season but i liked him! i like this move

Kcfanbaby212*
10-21-2008, 08:56 PM
I really like this move... I watched him play for the colts and he did pretty good... i dont know if this was in the reg season or pre season but i liked him! i like this move

idk what colts team you were watching...but all he did was throw INTs

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2008, 08:58 PM
He never played for the Colts during the season, obviously, that Peyton Manning guy was kind of in his way.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:20 PM
ESPN is saying we are more interested in Gradkowski...

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2008, 09:22 PM
I don't see the logic in that honestly, other than the fact that he's a bit younger.

IIRC, I think I actually wanted to sign Gray this past off-season.

kcchiefs_82
10-21-2008, 09:24 PM
either way its better than what we got.

RustShack
10-21-2008, 09:28 PM
I can see the logic, Croyle is on the IR, Huards hand is hurt, Thigpen hasn't been getting it done, and Herm thinks Martin is too raw... Gray is big, pretty mobile, has experience which Herm loves, and actually wasn't that bad at all when he was with the Jags.

Gigantes4Life
10-21-2008, 09:31 PM
I can see the logic, Croyle is on the IR, Huards hand is hurt, Thigpen hasn't been getting it done, and Herm thinks Martin is too raw... Gray is big, pretty mobile, has experience which Herm loves, and actually wasn't that bad at all when he was with the Jags.

No what I'm saying is why Gradkowski over Gray?

Although I can't say I know too much about Gradkowski.

Viper21
10-21-2008, 09:51 PM
I really dont care who we sign..Gray and Gradkowski are both fairly good options for the team..Gradkowski for some reason reminds me of matt hasselbeck

Viper21
10-21-2008, 09:54 PM
October 21, 2008 - Bob Gretz |

From Arrowhead Stadium

Tuesday was a busy personnel day at Arrowhead Stadium.

The Chiefs have booted K Nick Novak and brought back rookie K Connor Barth.

They also claimed P Steve Weatherford on waivers from New Orleans.

Thank god..welcome back Connor Barth! And wuts with Steve Weatherford?..maybe its because Colquitt is gonna set a record for punts in a season?

FKNRUEHH925
10-21-2008, 10:00 PM
idk what colts team you were watching...but all he did was throw INTs

No i watched the games, and ya he threw picks but the stats dont mean anything.. he threw 2 picks one bounced off a receivers hands second int it was 3rd and long with only a few seconds left and he tryed a long one and it was a int, but threw out the game he had a bunch of pretty good drives down the field

neppls
10-21-2008, 10:12 PM
he would be better than culpepper and thats a name u guys dont want on your team. take if from a vikings fan, unless u want fumbles and interceptions!

Viper21
10-21-2008, 10:14 PM
Culpepper was a decent QB at best..but Randy Moss made him seem like a great QB..

Pipes
10-22-2008, 12:49 AM
Whatever QB we go with their all crap...end of subject!